Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9
    I believe in macro counting..... Period..... Hit ur macros and you will get the results your after....

Micro's and fibre need to be in check also....

I aim to eat as much whole, natural foods as possible but if I want something and it fits my macros then I'm eating it
    Exactly the point I was making... you're a seasoned dieter who knows what works and what doesn't. If everybody took this approach to IIFYM, it wouldn't be a problem, but sadly that's not the case. Refer back to the snickers, ice cream, and pop tarts threads. Not sure how anybody fits that stuff in and still can hit their 'good' macros unless they're consuming a ridiculous amount of calories...in which case they'll probably get fat anyway so it's a moot point.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    I will be starting a log soon so you will all be able to see exactly how I use IIFYM
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Hit ur macros and you will get the results your after....
    So if I hit my protein and carb macros off fish and coca cola I'm good to go ?

Quote Originally Posted by cj111 View Post
    So if I hit my protein and carb macros off fish and coca cola I'm good to go ?

Where's the fibre and micros?

Good try....

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Base remember last year (or so) when u were gonna do the iifym with pizza and chocolate and crap like that? U said then it might be awhile. Well is now "awhile"?

My contention is u cannot consistently eat poorly and expect it not to affect body composition. To what degree is individualistic imo.

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    Base remember last year (or so) when u were gonna do the iifym with pizza and chocolate and crap like that? U said then it might be awhile. Well is now "awhile"?

My contention is u cannot consistently eat poorly and expect it not to affect body composition. To what degree is individualistic imo.
    You will see my IIFYM log soon....

However it's not what you will expect.... And that's the problem...

The whole point of IIFYM is not to eat as much crap as possible in your diet.....

IIFYM has become more and more popular IMO since the 'myfitnesspal' app has taken off so massively....

It really allows you to be super tight with your diet and since its so easy to use there are more and more people counting macros....

People are counting macros and then saying I have some left at the end of the day.... This is where you can be a bit flexible.....

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post

But to answer your question I would eat what ever I want.... But I weigh it up and decide if its worth it...

For example.... If half a cheese cake is going to bust my fat and carb intake for the day is it really worth it??? For me I'd rather have more natural food and be able to eat more

If I want a cheat day I will really cut back on my meal frequency and maybe just have one real food meal with a good desert or some chocolate and maybe a few protein only shakes in the day

By doing this you can eat what you want and still hit all of your numbers.....

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Shoot here lately in all honesty i primarily count my carbs in my head and thats it. I know about how much protein to equal 300-400g i double chek it after the fact. Its funny my Maintenance diet in was able to do all in my head and never counted the fat macro but know if the protein and carbs are solid choices the fat is gonna be where it needs to automatically.

Experience in this game is a great tool to have!

Look forward to ur log. Have never seen u maintain one.

Where's the fibre and micros?
    All I'm saying is people LOOK for an excuse to eat a bunch of shit food, and this for some people is just another way for them to feel good about making poor food choices. Of course this type of eating would work if people knew how to make sound food choices in the first place. Guess what, if they did they wouldn't nee a diet in the first place.

All I'm saying is people LOOK for an excuse to eat a bunch of shit food, and this for some people is just another way for them to feel good about making poor food choices. Of course this type of eating would work if people knew how to make sound food choices in the first place. Guess what, if they did they wouldn't nee a diet in the first place.
    I don't disagree...

The whole IIFYM thing has gotten blown out of control..... People only looking at numbers and eating loads of 'junk food'

IIFYM IMO isn't even a diet.... It's just a fundamental basis to any nutrition plan..... The first thing that we all need to look at are macros....

I think that with the evolution of smart phones and the like people are actually finding it easier to follow macro based diets... And that's where IIFYM has grown from..... However there will always be people who take a good thing and over do it...

People see Matt Oguss eating pop tarts or whatever and they then think that all he eats are pop tarts... Then they try and ram as many pop tarts into there macros as possible....

At the end of the day macro counting is important... If you do it consciously or subconsciously..... The new apps (myfitnesspal) that are out there make it very easy for people to become MORE flexible with there diets and remain within there macro, micro and fibre goals for the day.....

Shsm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cj111
    I eat a mixture of "clean" and "shit" food. I hit my 60g fiber intake every day and I hit great micros. My blood work dictates I'm in excellent health, my blood pressure is fine, ever since starting IIFYM the only way body composition has changed is the added LBM with little to no body fat gain. Nothing is different from when I was strict dieting regarding my physical or general health. I now enjoy life much more and don't have to worry about choking down food I despise when I can opt for IIFYM and still get the same results.

Stop thinking you're better than others because you diet "clean". You're no better than any other person trying to better themselves through fitness. There are plenty of people that have a better physique than you that incorporate IIFYM (Matt Ogus, Layne Norton, Alberto Nunez, etc.) but I don't see them bitching.

Stop thinking you're better than others because you diet "clean".
    Im not bashing IIFYM lol
    First of all I didn't state I was better than anyone, at all.
    Second, I don't diet clean. Not sure where you picked up that piece of info.
    And thank you for comparing my physique to other peoples, that's very kind of you

Shsm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cj111
    Im not bashing IIFYM lol
    First of all I didn't state I was better than anyone, at all.
    Second, I don't diet clean. Not sure where you picked up that piece of info.
    And thank you for comparing my physique to other peoples, that's very kind of you
    Yeah, I didn't bother reading the 40 or so posts I've missed lol, too short on time. Just saw a guy who I viewed as bashing people who indulge in "dirty" food choices. I apologize.

It's simple guys. Eat the food you enjoy in moderation, fit your macros with it, and don't feel guilty about it. Hit a good fiber and micro intake. Enjoy life, our time is very limited.

Peace

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Same base as points in Weight Watchers. I always thought that shit was a joke. I can eat a half of pizza and hit my points.

mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    samson is living proof that if you eat shit and take gear u get fat, thats what happend to him. he got fat, tubby bitch. had he ate clean and respected his macros his outcome would have been way diffeent

some people can eat high amounts of sugar and starches and get by just fine, if im short 3-400 calories before my cut off for feeding ill get a chocolate milk, practical, yes, good idea? no

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    ^^ this.

IIFYM would never work for me, mainly because the foods I 'like' are absolute SHIT - I mean, I'd hit my fat macro in 2 mins flat, and that's no exaggeration.

IMO, IIFYM works MUCH better for people with higher caloric requirements and/or those who are 'bulking'. I'd find IIFYM extremely difficult to implement while cutting personally. I have a shit metabolism and a TDEE somewhere around 2500 calories, maybe a bit lower. It'd be hard to work with IIFYM at say 2000 calories/day, IMO.

Having said that, I am taking an IIFYM approach on my carb re-feed days. It allows me the mental break above all else.

I want to clarify that I'm not against IIFYM as an ideal; i'm against it's interpretation by many (most) people, most of whom are kids (BB dot com types) at 140lbs soaking wet. Of course IIFYM is easy (and appealing) for them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information