http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pVlAvnVzUo

What are yours?

Gaspaco is offline "The Italian Stallion"
    Un fvcked with food

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    agree totally..

largerthannormal is offline Productive Member
    Agreed!!!

if it comes in a wrapper , or if you cant imagine how it was made with in 2 steps I usually dont touch it.....

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Although the bloke is complete bro scientist I kind of agree with him here....

However Ian McCarthy just owns him in the 'meal frequency debate' and Dave really shows himself up for the bro scientist that he is

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I agree with him 100%. I don't even see what could be debated to be honest.

Base - do you have a link to this debate you're referring to? I'd love to hear it...

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    I agree with him 100%. I don't even see what could be debated to be honest.

Base - do you have a link to this debate you're referring to? I'd love to hear it...
    http://youtu.be/ev3c52PQATY

You should also check out all of Ian McCartheys videos.... He is a complete nerd but is on the same level as lyle McDonald, Alan Aragon and the like as far as nutrition knowledge is concerned.... He has a lot of hater tho, as you will discover if u get into the YouTube community

His Chanel is 'liftingforlife'..... Search for that and go through some of his videos.....

noon is offline Senior Member
    I like this line of thinking its simple and easy to follow
    Also saying " UN ****ed food " makes me smile

Z-Ro is offline Senior Member
    Scientifically speaking their is no such thing as "clean" or "dirty" food. He created his personal definition of clean and dirty. Some nutritionist or scientist (do not remember which) went on a Mountain Dew, Twinkie, and whey protein diet and lost weight. I still choose to eat mostly "clean" foods but that is my personal choice due to their micronutrient content.

Is eating a diet full of Pop-Tarts, Rice Krispies, and Hershey bars the best way to do things? Nope. I think what the guy in the video was getting at is that what we consider "clean" foods are very dense in micronutrient value compared to soda and Snickers.

smeeto is offline Junior Member
    I go 90% with a IIMYM approach, although I rarely eat 'dirty' foods. When I do, I (almost) always fit it into my macros and feel fine about it. IMO too many people confuse dense foods with dirty foods, just because a food is high in caloric density doesn't make it a bad food. I've had people tell me peanut butter is unhealthy while chugging on a 32oz coke (although this is more of a common persons approach, most bodybuilders are beyond this) and i regularly fit pizza into my macros when I'm not cutting.

That being said, it is very hard to fit something like a cupcake or doughnut into your macros, and I never go with all out 'dirty' foods. I would feel ok about doing it, but hitting my macros after that would just not be fun. That would mean whey and chicken breast all day, a fate I don't subject myself to any more than possible.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Z-Ro View Post
    Some nutritionist or scientist (do not remember which) went on a Mountain Dew, Twinkie, and whey protein diet and lost weight.
    I don't believe eating clean or dirty dictates weight loss per se; however, I do firmly believe clean/dirty dictates body composition to a large degree. i.e. a person requiring 2500 calories/day on a diet of 1500 calories/day via twinkies, mountain dew, and whey protein is going to lose 'weight'. Personally, I'm interested in building/maintaining a lean, muscular physique and losing bodyfat, not indiscriminate weight.

cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Its not all about what you look on the outside either, I personally eat clean because I know its better for my body, if that dude that ate twinkies and drank pop looked good on the outside, that's fine, but I bet on the inside his body hates him with a passion.

Quote Originally Posted by smeeto View Post
    I go 90% with a IIMYM approach, although I rarely eat 'dirty' foods. When I do, I (almost) always fit it into my macros and feel fine about it. IMO too many people confuse dense foods with dirty foods, just because a food is high in caloric density doesn't make it a bad food. I've had people tell me peanut butter is unhealthy while chugging on a 32oz coke (although this is more of a common persons approach, most bodybuilders are beyond this) and i regularly fit pizza into my macros when I'm not cutting.

That being said, it is very hard to fit something like a cupcake or doughnut into your macros, and I never go with all out 'dirty' foods. I would feel ok about doing it, but hitting my macros after that would just not be fun. That would mean whey and chicken breast all day, a fate I don't subject myself to any more than possible.

Good post
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    I don't believe eating clean or dirty dictates weight loss per se; however, I do firmly believe clean/dirty dictates body composition to a large degree. i.e. a person requiring 2500 calories/day on a diet of 1500 calories/day via twinkies, mountain dew, and whey protein is going to lose 'weight'. Personally, I'm interested in building/maintaining a lean, muscular physique and losing bodyfat, not indiscriminate weight.
    x100000

Perseverance1 is offline Banned
    +1 his thought process is solid on this.

Thread Information