Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    oatmeal69 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 951thompson View Post
    im sipping a big black cup of strong coffee now
    My favorite pre-workout drink. Other folks can keep their nitro-boost-carbo-metabolite thermo crap!

951thompson is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal69 View Post
    My favorite pre-workout drink. Other folks can keep their nitro-boost-carbo-metabolite thermo crap!
    Yeah sure gives you a boost, good when cutting too because it helps the body to metabolize fat.

Just got done doing an intense high rep glycogen depletion workout.

Shoulders, chest, triceps and abs.

High Incline benchpress x3

Medium incline benchpress x3

Flat benchpress x5

Press ups x3

Military dumbbell press x5

Side laterals x4

Rear delt flies x3

Close grip benchpress x3

Dumbbell skullcrushers x4

One leg crunches x5

Circles x3

Frog crunches x3

All of the above where in the rep range of 12-20

IM POOPED!
    Last edited by 951thompson; 04-01-2013 at 01:19 PM.

Days micros- 165 pro 44 carb 39 fat

Just laboured though my 2nd depletion day workout. It was really hard going. I actually didn't finish it. My aim was 8 sets of deadlifts, I managed 6, same with squats only hit 6 sets. I just could'nt do it, got too painful and I kept feeling like I was close to passing out.

DEPLETION WORKOUT, LEGS,BACK AND BICEPS

Leg extensions x3

Hamstring curls x3

Squats x6

Calves x5

Deadlifts x6

Dumbbell rows x3

Overhand row x3

Underhand row x2

Concentration curls x3

Dumbbell curl x4

22 mins cardio

All of the above in the rep range of 12-20

Think im going to knock this routine on the head once I've finished this stint of 6-8 weeks. It's too demanding. Im going to stick it out til the end of week 6 to 8 (im on week two)
    I've have my next plan in mind.

Un

Day off from training today, tho I am taking my son swimming (water park) so may do a few lengths in the pool

jaswave125 is offline Junior Member
    Hows the workout going? What your goal with this diet and work out? To cut up? Looks interesting..

Keep it up!!!

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Just laboured though my 2nd depletion day workout. It was really hard going. I actually didn't finish it. My aim was 8 sets of deadlifts, I managed 6, same with squats only hit 6 sets. I just could'nt do it, got too painful and I kept feeling like I was close to passing out.

Think im going to knock this routine on the head once I've finished this stint of 6-8 weeks. It's too demanding. Im going to stick it out til the end of week 6 to 8 (im on week two)
    I've have my next plan in mind.

Un
    LOL.. depletion day 2 is a killer! they both are. its funny to me watching u suffer LOL because i know exactly what ur going thru!

try this next time: do not do deads.. there is no need for this exercise.. also do not do squats but instead try leg press..

i also suggest u try total body both days:

Giant Set 1:
    flat bench
    shoulder press
    rows (seated cable)
    curls (standing bb)
    (3 full sets of everything here)

Giant Set 2:
    leg press
    leg curl
    calves
    triceps (single hand cable pushdowns)

then repeat giant set 1 for 2-3 more sets and then repeat giant set 2 for 2-3 more sets.. note u only need to do 3-4 total sets of arms and shoulders per day..

on daY 2 simply change flat bench to incline bench and change rows to lat pulldowns.. on this day u also only need to do 3-4 total sets arms shoulders...

after u have completed both days u should have a total for both days of 10-12 sets for all major muscle groups and 5-6 sets for minor (arms, delts, calves)

this is how i did mine and i found it to be most efficient and effective. deads u can and should just drop altogether. ur not gonna be building a lot of strength ad it is too taxing to be done in such a taxing workout already. same with squats..

on both giant sets be sure to start with the first exercise and go from one to the next and so on without any rest if possible to get them done quicker and itll add to the workout. try to work opposite bodyparts back to back such as:
    bench--->> rows
    shoulder---->>bicep
    leg press---->>leg curl
    calves--->>>tricep

and finally dont get discouraged, by week 5 - 6 u will be able to get thru the workout a LOT easier than u can right now! by week 8 it will be routine.. u will have to increase theweight .. for example when i started i was doing 135 on bench and by the time i was done i was doing 185-195..
    Last edited by --->>405<<---; 04-03-2013 at 07:55 AM.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    deadlifts and squats mate!.....you like punishment!..........leg press and rows are tough enough for me lol

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post

LOL.. depletion day 2 is a killer! they both are. its funny to me watching u suffer LOL because i know exactly what ur going thru!

try this next time: do not do deads.. there is no need for this exercise.. also do not do squats but instead try leg press..

i also suggest u try total body both days:

Giant Set 1:
    flat bench
    shoulder press
    rows (seated cable)
    curls (standing bb)

Giant Set 2:
    leg press
    leg curl
    calves
    triceps (single hand cable pushdowns)

then repeat giant set 1 for 2-3 more sets and then repeat giant set 2 for 2-3 more sets.. note u only need to do 3-4 total sets of arms and shoulders per day..

on daY 2 simply change flat bench to incline bench and change rows to lat pulldowns.. on this day u also only need to do 3-4 total sets arms shoulders...

after u have completed both days u should have a total for both days of 10-12 sets for all major muscle groups and 5-6 sets for minor (arms, delts, calves)

this is how i did mine and i found it to be most efficient and effective. deads u can and should just drop altogether. ur not gonna be building a lot of strength ad it is too taxing to be done in such a taxing workout already. same with squats..

on both giant sets be sure to start with the first exercise and go from one to the next and so on without any rest if possible to get them done quicker and itll add to the workout. try to work opposite bodyparts back to back such as:
    bench--->> rows
    shoulder---->>bicep
    leg press---->>leg curl
    calves--->>>tricep

and finally dont get discouraged, by week 5 - 6 u will be able to get thru the workout a LOT easier than u can right now! by week 8 it will be routine.. u will have to increase theweight .. for example when i started i was doing 135 on bench and by the time i was done i was doing 185-195..
    Ha glad someone is getting some enjoyment from this lol
    Im finding it really rough this week, my body feels battered.
    Some days if I can't be bothered to travel half an hour to and then from the gym,I workout at home, I've got a bench with 100kg of weight, dumbbells, chin up bar ect. So I did the workout at home yesterday. It was brutal. Just more convenient to workout at home some days. But it's not practica because it limits my workout.
    I feel drawn as **** today, my son is sat in front of me eating candy,im literally on the verge of quitting lol

I do do supersets with all of the exercises to shorten the workouts. I did do total body on day one and two on my first stint, thought I'd try upper then lower, it worked well the first week, this week it has broke me, has made me a broken man.

My thoughts behind doing compound movements was that I would be hitting more muscles in just one movement, where as machines isolate single muscles.

I will give your approach a whirl next week, see how it goes.
    Can't wait for week 6 to 8 to arrive, because I feel like im in hell lol

Im going to follow Dorian Yates HIIT routine once im done with this, thinking of possibly giving carb back loading diet a try also.

I need to hang in there, start my carb up tomorrow night, but with the way im feeling, it seems light years away.

Quote Originally Posted by jaswave125 View Post
    Hows the workout going? What your goal with this diet and work out? To cut up? Looks interesting..

Keep it up!!!
    Thanks man, it's a recomp routine, but my mean aim it to cut. Bodyfat

Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny View Post
    deadlifts and squats mate!.....you like punishment!..........leg press and rows are tough enough for me lol
    Yeah punishment isnt the word for it lol (torture)

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    mate dont give up yet!.......go with the leg press and rows, its definately doable.........be careful with carb back loading its so much fun its easy to over eat ha.......

mate dont give up yet!.......go with the leg press and rows, its definately doable.........be careful with carb back loading its so much fun its easy to over eat ha.......
    Im not going to give up, as much as I want too, im a stubborn mother****er, my motto, don't start something you can't finish.

If I do carb backloading, I will do low carb on no training days, high/mod on training days.

Going to do Dorian Yates routine. hitting every muscle group over 3 workouts, then I am also going to add one total body workout. This is my plan so far, but I've got 4-6 weeks of pondering and reading to go, so the plan could well change
    Last edited by 951thompson; 04-03-2013 at 01:55 PM.

Im not going to give up, as much as I want too, im a stubborn mother****er, I've got a motto, don't start something you can't finish.

If I do carb backloading, I will do low carb on no training days, high/mod on training days.

Going to do Dorian Yates routine. hitting every muscle group over 3 workouts, then I am also going to add one total body workout. This is my plan so far, but I've got 4-6 weeks of pondering and reading to go, so the plan could well change
    sounds like a plan.....if you could get carb back loading dialled in it would be the perfect diet for everyday life, especially if you train every other day!........can never complain about eating simple carbs lol.........you seem similar to me in always planning ahead, ive already started planning my next routine starting in July haha.

sounds like a plan.....if you could get carb back loading dialled in it would be the perfect diet for everyday life, especially if you train every other day!........can never complain about eating simple carbs lol.........you seem similar to me in always planning ahead, ive already started planning my next routine starting in July haha.
    I would eat complex carbs, apart from post workout when I intend to spike insulin to push nutrients into my muscles.
    We will see, well the training routine I am 99.9% sure im going to follow, the diet-im still checking out my options. Also depends on how lean I am by then also.

It's good to plan ahead, a good chess player aways thinks a few moves ahead

Just done SFS cardio, HIIT/mod/HIIT (35 mins)

Got a powerlifting workout later, then I start my carb up, can't weight, I've got pizza in the fridge calling my name.

I would eat complex carbs, apart from post workout when I intend to spike insulin to push nutrients into my muscles.
    We will see, well the training routine I am 99.9% sure im going to follow, the diet-im still checking out my options. Also depends on how lean I am by then also.

It's good to plan ahead, a good chess player aways thinks a few moves ahead
    mate he specifically says not to eat complex carbs during the back load, cant remeber fully off the top of my head the reason but it is to do with spiking insulin levels so they drop quickly, so when you hit the sack you dont interfere with GH production......(presuming your training at the ideal time of late afternoon).......im sure youl iron out the details yourself before you start tho mate.

Just done SFS cardio, HIIT/mod/HIIT (35 mins)

Got a powerlifting workout later, then I start my carb up, can't weight, I've got pizza in the fridge calling my name.
    good stuff mate,,,,how did you find the HIIT? (i love it)..........ohhh the carb up! cant wait for mine......homemade pizza?

mate he specifically says not to eat complex carbs during the back load, cant remeber fully off the top of my head the reason but it is to do with spiking insulin levels so they drop quickly, so when you hit the sack you dont interfere with GH production......(presuming your training at the ideal time of late afternoon).......im sure youl iron out the details yourself before you start tho mate.
    I've Only skimmed the book, I plan on read it properly soon. (reading lyles flexible dieting book at the moment) I like the basic idea behind backloading, thinking of giving it a try in a similar fashion to how 405 is doing it, but maybe without the fasting. But then again maybe I won't, we will see

I've Only skimmed the book, I plan on read it properly soon. (reading lyles flexible dieting book at the moment) I like the basic idea behind backloading, thinking of giving it a try in a similar fashion to how 405 is doing it, but maybe without the fasting. But then again maybe I won't, we will see
    the fasting is an importan part of burning fat, he suggest 12-14 hours max, basically miss breakfast or rather have breakfast a few hours after waking, this apparnetly makes your body burn fat, something to do with leptin , insulin and other stuff lol (id have to have a read myself)..........but missing breakfast is the number one rule lol

good stuff mate,,,,how did you find the HIIT? (i love it)..........ohhh the carb up! cant wait for mine......homemade pizza?
    It was bit of a killer because I did it in the cold, I live by the sea, so I ran up the coast. Freezed my balls off lol (frosty wind) was good workout tho, im on day 4, I think it's the most optimal day to do cardio, so hopefully I've shredded abit of flab

No I've bought a fresh pepperoni pizza from Morrisons, looks lush, gonna have a quarter of it tonight then another quarter tomorrow, my son will eat the rest

Gonna start my workout early today because im starving, plan on starting at 6PM should be finished around 7PM ish then I start my carb load, hehe can't wait, im like a kid waiting for Christmas. I can't stop thinking about toasted teacakes with lemon curd!

ok here it is lol........By skipping breakfast, it’s easy to change several aspects of the
    metabolism, like whether the body burns fat for energy or carbs. (quoted from kiefers book)

the fasting is an importan part of burning fat, he suggest 12-14 hours max, basically miss breakfast or rather have breakfast a few hours after waking, this apparnetly makes your body burn fat, something to do with leptin , insulin and other stuff lol (id have to have a read myself)..........but missing breakfast is the number one rule lol
    Right got ya, I have no problem with skipping breakfast, I have followed leangains in the past so have nothing against fasting. I know some folks are against it with a passion, im not one.

It was bit of a killer because I did it in the cold, I live by the sea, so I ran up the coast. Freezed my balls off lol (frosty wind) was good workout tho, im on day 4, I think it's the most optimal day to do cardio, so hopefully I've shredded abit of flab

No I've bought a fresh pepperoni pizza from Morrisons, looks lush, gonna have a quarter of it tonight then another quarter tomorrow, my son will eat the rest

Gonna start my workout early today because im starving, plan on starting at 6PM should be finished around 7PM ish then I start my carb load, hehe can't wait, im like a kid waiting for Christmas. I can't stop thinking about toasted teacakes with lemon curd!
    haha toasted tea cakes and lemon curd (excellent, im in the middle of writing my shop list so just added the curd!)......im off to tescos later to get food sorted!.......my carb load will start tomorrow night as i pushed the whole routine forward so i can enjoy friday and saturday nights ;0).................

its a shame optimal cardio is day 4 as there is no way i can get it in........ill just have to make do with day 3 and 7 cardio sessions!

ok here it is lol........By skipping breakfast, it's easy to change several aspects of the
    metabolism, like whether the body burns fat for energy or carbs. (quoted from kiefers book)
    Cool, sounds interesting, im looking forward to reading it
    After this book im reading I've done everyone of lyles books in, so gonna give that one a go next

haha toasted tea cakes and lemon curd (excellent, im in the middle of writing my shop list so just added the curd!)......im off to tescos later to get food sorted!.......my carb load will start tomorrow night as i pushed the whole routine forward so i can enjoy friday and saturday nights ;0).................

its a shame optimal cardio is day 4 as there is no way i can get it in........ill just have to make do with day 3 and 7 cardio sessions!
    Hehe love lemon curd day 3 is a good time to do cardio because your fully depleted, so your burning straight into fat. Good time is after day 2 workout, because the workout can be classed as HIIT then if you do 20 mins mod you will burn the fat you have metabolized from the HIIT.

Cool, sounds interesting, im looking forward to reading it
    After this book im reading I've done everyone of lyles books in, so gonna give that one a go next
    definately a good read,,,,,,,,,both lyle and kiefer are way beyond what i can understand lol and they are in my opinion trying to sell similar ideas (well what i get from there books) just different takes........carb back loading is similar to TKD....carb night is simialr to CKD,,,,,,just kiefer preaches simple carbs...........they are both very intelligent....shit kiefer has BA in maths and physics lol

i like both ideas though i think lyles is more detailed in the planning of the ud 2.0.......there is a lot of tweaking to be done with the carb back loading

Hehe love lemon curd day 3 is a good time to do cardio because your fully depleted, so your burning straight into fat. Good time is after day 2 workout, because the workout can be classed as HIIT then if you do 20 mins mod you will burn the fat you have metabolized from the HIIT.
    sounds good to me, if i can handle it ill stick HIIT after day 2 depletion workout...

sounds good to me, if i can handle it ill stick HIIT after day 2 depletion workout...
    No don't do HITT, you have already done the HIIT by completing high rep low rest workout, this is the stubborn fat loss protocol, wait five mins after your workout, then do 20 mins mod/mild intensity.

Have you got the stubborn fat solution book? (if not I will send you it)

definately a good read,,,,,,,,,both lyle and kiefer are way beyond what i can understand lol and they are in my opinion trying to sell similar ideas (well what i get from there books) just different takes........carb back loading is similar to TKD....carb night is simialr to CKD,,,,,,just kiefer preaches simple carbs...........they are both very intelligent....shit kiefer has BA in maths and physics lol

i like both ideas though i think lyles is more detailed in the planning of the ud 2.0.......there is a lot of tweaking to be done with the carb back loading
    Yeah those guys are way beyond the level I will ever be able to understand, Lyle must just spend his life reading studies, the guy is a genius. his books are so detailed and educational, he's great author, an asset to the industry.

No don't do HITT, you have already done the HIIT by completing high rep low rest workout, this is the stubborn fat loss protocol, wait five mins after your workout, then do 20 mins mod/mild intensity.

Have you got the stubborn fat solution book? (if not I will send you it)
    already got it mate cheers!.............LISS sucks ass! lol.........no problem ill start training for my run so atleast ill mentaly have a reason to do LISS

already got it mate cheers!.............LISS sucks ass! lol.........no problem ill start training for my run so atleast ill mentaly have a reason to do LISS
    Yeah it does, the reason to do it is because you have metabolized fat from your depletion workout, and it's in your bloodstream ready to be used as energy. If you do HIIT it will produce the wrong kind of hormones, preventing your body from using the fat for energy.

(explained in a very unscientific way lol)

Niceone bunny you have took my mind off food, so starting my workout abit later now.

Having my pre workout a pint of powder milk, followed by (15 mins later) a strong black mug of coffee.

Niceone bunny you have took my mind off food, so starting my workout abit later now.

Having my pre workout a pint of powder milk, followed by (15 mins later) a strong black mug of coffee.
    ill be starting my workout about 1400 tomorrow!......not waiting on a friday lol........im aiming for 3 meals on friday and 12 on saturday for the carb load, 50 grams each meal roughly (though its my first so itl be trial and error)

ill be starting my workout about 1400 tomorrow!......not waiting on a friday lol........im aiming for 3 meals on friday and 12 on saturday for the carb load, 50 grams each meal roughly (though its my first so itl be trial and error)
    I aim for around 100-150g per meal, every 3 hours.

Finished my powerlifting workout. Can't be bothered to write out the exercises I did today, because it's now time to stuff my face

Just had cereal and a toasted teacake with lemon curd Next meal is going to be pepperoni pizza then low fat cake
    The strange part about this diet is I am actually losing bodyfat while eating this kind of shit (bizarre)

I aim for around 100-150g per meal, every 3 hours.
    i made a mistake,,,ill be having 70 grams every 2 hours totaling 1050.....my target is 1080 so this should work bang on.

Finished my powerlifting workout. Can't be bothered to write out the exercises I did today, because it's now time to stuff my face

Just had cereal and a toasted teacake with lemon curd Next meal is going to be pepperoni pizza then low fat cake
    The strange part about this diet is I am actually losing bodyfat while eating this kind of shit (bizarre)
    sounds tasty!!...........how much fat is in the pizza?

i made a mistake,,,ill be having 70 grams every 2 hours totaling 1050.....my target is 1080 so this should work bang on.
    Yeah you will have to see what works best for you, I find I haven't the appetite for eating every two hours, find I enjoy my food more eating every 3 hours (larger meals)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information