Ryan624 is offline Associate Member

glycogen restoring question

So Ive been cutting for a few weeks now using a low carb (50<) style intermittent fasting diet and im going on vacation this weekend. I want to replenish my glycogen levels so My muscles can look as full as possible. Im 5, 10 177lbs about 14%bf on a 600 test e cycle. How many carbs should i take in and what kind? my eating window is about 2-4 hours at night. also should i drop fats for the load? keep it clean carbs? and whens the best day to do load? day before trip or 2 days before?

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    In the past when I would carb load on a keto I would start the carb load with a high GI carb and protein. I would keep fats as low as possible throughout the entire reload which usually would last about 1 1/2 days.
    So in other words on Friday I would do my depletion workout somewhere around Mid Day or early afternoon. My first thing I would consume post workout and to kick off my carb load was a high Gi carb, High Protein, Low fat shake or meal. id take Fat Free Ice cream or FF frozen yogurt and protein powder and make a shake. That or if I was eating I would eat cream of wheat and a protein shake or even a bowl of frosted flakes with skim milk and a protein shake etc. For example I would be so depleted my hands were shaking and the "sugar rush" after my post workout carb load meal or shake is intense. I mean I would feel it and sometime literally start sweating profusely.
    After that I would switch to quality low gi carbs (oats, brown rice, sweet potatoes, etc) and lean protein sources (chicken, fish, lean beef). I would do that the remainder of that day and the entire next day. This method worked very well. I would feel and look so full and actually quite lean as well.

Ryan624 is offline Associate Member
    excellent exactly what i needed. thanks for the quick reply.

Thread Information