Like Tree24Likes

Thread: 100 gram protein drink

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    fiddlesticks is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    ^^^^what a load of bs lol....
    leucine is definitely super anabolic in general though, milk IIRC is 3G leucine grams per 8g of protein and is extremely helpful for body composition for sure, I think it's silly to not have at least a few cups of full fat milk a day if you're attempting to gain muscle

im very scientifically literate but I abstain from jerking off studies too often nowadays, real world experience is simply not measurable. i havn't really read the thread but yeah it bugs me when people cherry pick a single study and claim that study is absolute and can't be disputed to any degree lol

I think we can all agree that milk (leucine) helps muscle growth substantially. Fat loss as well I noticed and I feel 1000x better in general

your body needs to be refurbished and sent back to the factory if it can't grow muscle drinking lots of chocolate milk everyday lol
    Last edited by fiddlesticks; 06-01-2019 at 08:23 PM.
    Family_guy likes this.

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    leucine is definitely super anabolic in general though, milk IIRC is 3G leucine grams per 8g of protein and is extremely helpful for body composition for sure, I think it's silly to not have at least a few cups of full fat milk a day if you're attempting to gain muscle

im very scientifically literate but I abstain from jerking off studies too often nowadays, real world experience is simply not measurable. i havn't really read the thread but yeah it bugs me when people cherry pick a single study and claim that study is absolute and can't be disputed to any degree lol

I think we can all agree that milk (leucine) helps muscle growth substantially. Fat loss as well I noticed and I feel 1000x better in general

your body needs to be refurbished and sent back to the factory if it can't grow muscle drinking lots of chocolate milk everyday lol

But I’m lactose intolerant.

On a more more serious note - there are as many opinions/studies on this topic as there are participants to this thread.

Personally - of all the stuff I have read I am of the opinion that the ‘bro science’ stuff about protein limits is nonsense. It’s a macro nutrient.
    ultimately if I eat 3000kcal a day. It doesn’t matter what those macro nutrient splits are if we’re talking purely from a calories in/out perspective. (Note: I didn’t say body composition!)

Excessive amounts of protein will not be synthesised as previously discussed, it’s just a calorie source. 100g protein shake is just a 400kcal meal replacement, and a waste of money.

There was a thread here before some some years ago which got quite a it of traction about nutrient timing. The crux of that was that pretty much doesn’t matter whether you get your calories/macros in over 12 meals or 3. When I eat a meal - it takes a goodly while to pass through my digestive system. It’s not a single hit of any one nutrient.

I personally use no shakes, and only whole foods. I just find it much better for digestion, and my office is grateful that I don’t fart anymore.

Probably lost my train of thought there, but yeah...
    Family_guy likes this.

Thread Information