tinan12 is offline New Member

question about doctor visit

Hey Everyone- first time poster here. I am male, 45 years of age been going to the gym 4 to 5 days a week for maybe 10 years or so. I am 5'10 200pds and have a decent shape for my age but i want more! i use protein, creatine and NOS as part of my routine. The last couple of years i have not really gained anything and struggle to just maintain. I read all the reviews on supplements and try to pick the more popular stuff and I get little results if any.

I am at the point of trying some type of doctor prescribed HRT. I am not sure how to even go about to get the doctor prescribed stuff, if even possible. I will cycle whatever i decide in moderation due to the fact that i am not young anymore and dont need to be able to lift a house. I just want to improve my muscle tone and overall size to bring me up to speed. I see these really big monster guys and not think about that big but to the point i want to look powerful.

I know most will say to tweek my workout program and stuff but i have been doing that for while and will see on a small improvement if any. I know the younger guys will tell me to just move along because i am to old to gain new muscle. But i still want to be a gainer and have a ripped body as a result. At 45 years old it is just hard to do for me.

can i just go to the doctor and get blood work done and maybe he will prescribe me something? I think that would be a safe route to go. I am not sure if my T levels would be low enough for him to do that. I want to get big!

any suggestions?

flyin2jz is offline Junior Member
    Have him run tests for hormones. Tell him you have been feeling run down, tired and just not yourself. He may give you test if the numbers are low. Don't let him give you the patches or creams. They don't do anything for muscle mass. Let I'm know u will do the shots at home or in the office. Good luck.

will_work is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tinan12 View Post
    Hey Everyone- first time poster here. I am male, 45 years of age been going to the gym 4 to 5 days a week for maybe 10 years or so. I am 5'10 200pds and have a decent shape for my age but i want more! i use protein, creatine and NOS as part of my routine. The last couple of years i have not really gained anything and struggle to just maintain. I read all the reviews on supplements and try to pick the more popular stuff and I get little results if any.

I am at the point of trying some type of doctor prescribed HRT. I am not sure how to even go about to get the doctor prescribed stuff, if even possible. I will cycle whatever i decide in moderation due to the fact that i am not young anymore and dont need to be able to lift a house. I just want to improve my muscle tone and overall size to bring me up to speed. I see these really big monster guys and not think about that big but to the point i want to look powerful.

I know most will say to tweek my workout program and stuff but i have been doing that for while and will see on a small improvement if any. I know the younger guys will tell me to just move along because i am to old to gain new muscle. But i still want to be a gainer and have a ripped body as a result. At 45 years old it is just hard to do for me.

can i just go to the doctor and get blood work done and maybe he will prescribe me something? I think that would be a safe route to go. I am not sure if my T levels would be low enough for him to do that. I want to get big!

any suggestions?
    i went in when i was 24 (just to check) and i was low...so the doc gave me 30 25mg of android for 3 mounts

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    you describe exactly how i felt before trt....be prepared to feel young again....

call docs until u find one that WILL/DOES treat trt patients and/or hypogonadism patients and book your appt. on the trt cruise ship.....that means make an appointment...lol

keep reading here on this board....A LOT OF HELPFUL PEOPLE...awesome website....any other questions...feel free to ask...let us know when your appt. is and keep us posted!

welcome to AR

is there anything i can do to run my Test levels down before blood work to get a higher dosage? is the goal to get the higher dosages?

is there anything i can do to run my Test levels down before blood work to get a higher dosage? is the goal to get the higher dosages?
    looks like its your goal

plenty of posts on here on how but i've never had or wanted to do it

thanks, just not wanting to spend the cash and the doctor tells me "i am in the normal range".
    How much does the prescribe Test cost on the average at the local pharmacey?
    Just trying to see if this is a good thing to even do.

THanks

ZonaDave is offline Member
    through BCBS i have a $15 co-pay for a 10cc vial of T Cyp.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    thanks, just not wanting to spend the cash and the doctor tells me "i am in the normal range".
    How much does the prescribe Test cost on the average at the local pharmacey?
    Just trying to see if this is a good thing to even do.

THanks
    Bro you are talking about a decision that can make the rest of your life better! I think you are worth spending the money and if you dont need the treatment it would be worth it to find out!

good information for everyone, thanks. a few more questions, will it shrink my testicles or anything like that? anyone tried the Rejuvenation clinics for test work? is the injection the best way to go? do the injections cause much pain?
    Thanks

SayIWont21 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZonaDave View Post
    through BCBS i have a $15 co-pay for a 10cc vial of T Cyp.
    I dont think your supposed to talk about prices on gear here bro! just a heads up before u get in any trouble

Quote Originally Posted by SayIWont21 View Post
    I dont think your supposed to talk about prices on gear here bro! just a heads up before u get in any trouble
    usually dont get too much grief when speaking about pharmacy copays etc. but you are correct

larbec7 is offline New Member
    To lower your levels....get some test cyp and take 200 mgs a week for 5 weeks, go off cold turkey and go see dr 2 to 3 weeks later OR get some BS test increase crap at your local GNC and take it and do the same...get off of it and go see your doctor...if you have a lot of muscle mass and try, he may not prescribe you anything

Vettester is offline Banned
    I would personally just go do the blood tests, as is, and then you know exactly where you sit. It doesn't mean that if you don't have any options if your test numbers are good, but it's a good idea to see the full scope of your panel just so you know exactly where your body is at today. From what you're describing, it sounds like you very well might have some low numbers. Hell, there was a point that I started losing a little strength while working out all time. There's usually a reason for this, and for me a 195 test count after getting off of AndroGel wasn't helping.

If you suspect your doctor isn't going to be supportive in this area, and the costs are going to be high either way, then you might possibly consider one of the hormone specialty clinics that are out there. My doc was jerking me around even with the low test numbers I had, so I ended up spending a little more to have it done right. Which reminds me, it's shot day

Good luck and keep us posted.

good advice...i've never liked tricking the numbers

bigred42 is offline New Member
    i was on test cyp for 9 weeks and my test went down. My doc was only giving me 200 mg every 3 weeks. now i am going through the whole process again with an endocrinologist. more test, more blood work and this time they told me they only do cream no shots. I am bummed.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigred42 View Post
    i was on test cyp for 9 weeks and my test went down. My doc was only giving me 200 mg every 3 weeks. now i am going through the whole process again with an endocrinologist. more test, more blood work and this time they told me they only do cream no shots. I am bummed.
    I'd be bummed too! In fact, I would tell them where to take their cream!

Fvcktards

Thread Information