Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    Seems to be the route everyone is going, so just trying to keep up.

I've got a headless young male avi just for you, I'll upload it next time

I call her "distracting".
    thats about the only time i'll accept headless
    sorry jup

Jupiter2 is offline Junior Member
    No need to apologize. A little social distraction is good for everyone lol.

Btw... Not to be outdone I have found an avatar. A little bit cartoony looking but I think I have clearly won the avatar contest. LOL
    Last edited by Jupiter2; 06-12-2010 at 11:01 AM.

Epic Ed is offline Associate Member
    Pretty sure I've got you beat...

CURSES!!! Foiled again!

Ok gang end of week 2 report. Week 3 begins tomorrow.

Current weekly protocol:

200mg Test Cyp. on Thursday
    250mg HCG on Saturday and Tuesday

Still no noticeable changes to mood. Very mild change to libido began on day 10 (Sunday). In other words I can feel a stirring down there but it's nothing to write home about. Don't know if it will ever get to this point but I would consider my buddy jumping to attention at the sight of my GF standing naked in front of me to be a very positive sign.

Sleep is still problematic. Waking up throughout the night but apparently the sleep I am getting is enough to allow me to get up in the morning without feeling like a zombie which is a welcome relief. Motivation to get things done seems to be improving a bit as a result.

As I suspected the slight increase to testicle size that I experienced was temporary. No discernable difference in them even though I'm injecting 250mg of HCG twice per week. Going to give it another week at this level and see how it goes. If no changes I may bump it up to .50 cc's twice per week starting week 4.

Mild tenderness and swelling in right breast remains but I still feel as though it's not significant enough to start the Anastrozole.

Have again delayed restarting my training regimen due to the problem with my left forearm. Seems to be getting a bit better with each passing day but it is nowhere close to completely healed and I don't want to risk exascerbating the problem.

Appreciate any and all comments.

nwjt is offline Associate Member
    I'm having a WAY different reaction.
    200 mg per week, wow.

I am seriously wondering if your gear is fake.

legend1022 is offline Junior Member
    I just purchased 1000 iu's of Somatotropin. Got it from a friend and paid 700.00
    Any thoughts. I am a first timer for hgh so I just want it to be right.
    Also when I recieve it is there a way to tell if it's good or not?
    thanks

I suppose anything is possible but it would be a pretty sophisticated operation if that were the case. Each of the medications is in it's own shrinkwrapped box from the compounding pharmacy with the prescription attached. Looks legit.

I checked the pharmacy online after I received the order. Got a ton of hits and only one which seemed to be negative in nature (A Washington doctor who ran into trouble with the Feds (FDA) for ordering and receiving what may have been illegally manufactured HCG from them)

Looking into the case it appears that the Feds are questioning whether the HCG that the doctor ordered from the compounding pharmacy was illegally imported from outside the country and re-packaged and re-labeled or compounded from an FDA approved drug. If compounded from an FDA approved drug the pharmacy will in all likelihood be ok. But if it imported the drug the pharmacy could be in some trouble.

Epic Ed is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by legend1022 View Post
    I just purchased 1000 iu's of Somatotropin. Got it from a friend and paid 700.00
    Any thoughts. I am a first timer for hgh so I just want it to be right.
    Also when I recieve it is there a way to tell if it's good or not?
    thanks
    Start your own thread, dude.

Its not hard to buy boxes and bottles, print labels, and shrink wrap things. A couple of mexicans cna kick out hundreds of boxes like that a day.

I am NOT saying it is fake but we certainly are reacting differently for certain.

No doubt about it. Hopefully the problem at this point is nothing more than my body metabolizing the meds slower than yours. Some of the other guys said it may take as long as 3 weeks before I begin to realize some of the effects of the meds. Hopefully this will be the week it kicks into high gear.

You should post a pic of the testoterone.

I can post a pic but it won't tell you much. Bottle is private labeled because it was compounded apparently. Has the name of the pharmacy and I'm not sure if there are rules against providing that here on the forum.

End of week 3 report. Week 4 begins tomorrow.

Current weekly protocol remains as follows:

250 iu's HCG on Saturday and Tuesday (total 500 iu's per week)

Had a couple of lousy days this week. Monday and Tuesday to be exact. Depression mainly after having to deal with an idiot neighbor. General mood still seems unchanged. As stated previously libido has mildly changed for the better but it is still not what I expected based on the statements of many of the guys in the forums. What has changed for the better is the physical sensations that occur during an orgasm. But disappointingly after that one orgasm I cannot seem to reach that point again for nearly 24 hours.

Sleep continues to stabilize. I have begun supplementing with magnesium so that could be helping a bit. GF says that I am snoring during the night which is unusual for me. That tells me that I'm achieving a deeper level of sleep and must be what is helping me rise in the mornings without feeling as though my muscles are not responding to my brain's command to rise.

Regarding the HCG, I am noticing a slight increase to my libido on the day following its injection but it does seem to subside by the day after that. I've decided to again wait another week at this level (250 iu's twice per week) and see how it goes. Doctor originally prescribed 1000 iu's, once per week. If no changes I may bump it up to 500 iu's twice per week starting next week.

Still experiencing the mild tenderness in my right breast but it seems as though the swelling has diminished slightly. No symptoms on the left side. Anastrozole remains off the table for now.

Left arm is definitely getting better but I still lack the confidence to push it as I fear the long term consequences to my ultimate goal of creating a completely new me will be at risk.

As always your comments are appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter2 View Post
    End of week 3 report. Week 4 begins tomorrow.

250 iu's HCG on Saturday and Tuesday (total 500 iu's per week)

Had a couple of lousy days this week. Monday and Tuesday to be exact. Depression mainly after having to deal with an idiot neighbor. General mood still seems unchanged. As stated previously libido has mildly changed for the better but it is still not what I expected based on the statements of many of the guys in the forums. What has changed for the better is the physical sensations that occur during an orgasm. But disappointingly after that one orgasm I cannot seem to reach that point again for nearly 24 hours.

Sleep continues to stabilize. I have begun supplementing with magnesium so that could be helping a bit. GF says that I am snoring during the night which is unusual for me. That tells me that I'm achieving a deeper level of sleep and must be what is helping me rise in the mornings without feeling as though my muscles are not responding to my brain's command to rise.

Regarding the HCG, I am noticing a slight increase to my libido on the day following its injection but it does seem to subside by the day after that. I've decided to again wait another week at this level (250 iu's twice per week) and see how it goes. Doctor originally prescribed 1000 iu's, once per week. If no changes I may bump it up to 500 iu's twice per week starting next week.

Still experiencing the mild tenderness in my right breast but it seems as though the swelling has diminished slightly. No symptoms on the left side. Anastrozole remains off the table for now.

Left arm is definitely getting better but I still lack the confidence to push it as I fear the long term consequences to my ultimate goal of creating a completely new me will be at risk.

jup..u dont have a breast do you? j/k....
    actually the only thing that stuck out was when you mentioned snoring and i'm not a sleep professional but i have never known snoring to equate deeper/better sleep and/or more able to rise better in the morning, i would think to the contrary? idk, maybe there's more than one type of snoring?

JP I actually have 2!!! Is this a side effect of the Test??? Is this bad??? O.o

LOL I hear what your saying and would generally agree but having watched my dad lay down for an afternoon snooze on the couch I can testify to the fact that once he starts snoring it will take an event of near catastrophic proportion to wake him.

I've always been a very light sleeper. The slightest noise is enough to wake me and I've never been one to snore. I've never been able to sleep on my back, and am not obese so the snoring is a bit of a curiousity. All I know is that I am getting to bed at the same time since I've started the TRT, I seem to be waking less throughout the night and waking in the morning feeling rested enough to get out of bed far earlier than I have in ages. My GF's informing me that I'm snoring during the night is how I came to the conclusion that it must mean I'm sleeping more soundly.

JP I actually have 2!!! Is this a side effect of the Test??? Is this bad??? O.o

LOL I hear what your saying and would generally agree but having watched my dad lay down for an afternoon snooze on the couch I can testify to the fact that once he starts snoring it will take an event of near catastrophic proportion to wake him.

I've always been a very light sleeper. The slightest noise is enough to wake me and I've never been one to snore. I've never been able to sleep on my back, and am not obese so the snoring is a bit of a curiousity. All I know is that I am getting to bed at the same time since I've started the TRT, I seem to be waking less throughout the night and waking in the morning feeling rested enough to get out of bed far earlier than I have in ages. My GF's informing me that I'm snoring during the night is how I came to the conclusion that it must mean I'm sleeping more soundly.
    yes i hear what your saying thats why i wonder if all snoring is bad/detremental to our sleep...i too sleep lightly...good to know that youre seeing improved sleep and thanks for posting such details with your log... we're all here to learn...we'll be tuned in...wish you continued success and keep us posted

End of week 4 report. Week 5 begins today.

Current weekly protocol as follows:

HCG on Saturday and Tuesday (see below for slight change in dosing)

For the last week noticing increased oiliness on skin which in turn has caused a bit of acne to appear on chest. Nothing major but a difference nonetheless. One thing I hadn't noted in past posts that dawns on me as being somewhat important is the lack of occaisional hot flashes in the evening hours. I think this is a an effect of the increase in testosterone in my system.

Sleep pattern has definitely improved as I find myself wanting to get to bed earlier and as a result I'm waking earlier. Occaisional stress, even of the most menial kind, still has a notable impact on how quickly I am able to fall asleep, however it doesn't seem to leave me feeling any more fatigued the following day.

Normal injection dose for HCG is 250 iu's on Saturday and Tuesday. This week however I upped my Tuesday dose to 350 iu's to see if there would be any notable difference. Could have been a placebo effect, but 24 hours after that injection chest appeared a bit fuller and libido seemed somewhat better than usual. Mind you, I still have not returned to my workout routine due to the problem with my arm, which continues to get better, so I'm not sure how to account for it, although increasing estrogen comes immediately to mind as water retention is a noted side effect, and my right breast remains a bit swollen. I've also had a couple of days this week where I've felt like I need to take a nap mid morning (another sign?). My thought is to bring both weekly doses of the HCG to 300 iu's and see how that works for me over the next couple of weeks. That will still be 400 iu's shy of the doctor's original prescription of 1000 iu's once per week.

I definitely believe I'm experiencing the onset of gyno in my right breast (slightly puffy nip, increased sensitivity) but having no pain I'm hesitant to begin the Anastrozole because they are .5mg capsules and may be a bit too strong and lower my estrogen too severely with the doctor's prescription being 1 capsule twice per week (Originally prescribed 1mg twice per week but upon everyone's suggestion asked for a lower dose). I am actually considering taking 1 capsule per week, perhaps 2 or 3 days after my Test injection with the thought that as the Test in my system begins to peak I would experience more Test to Estrogen conversion and this is when I would want the Anastrozole to do it's job. But quite honestly I'm not experienced enough with these products to know if this a valid theory and cannot seem to locate any info with regard to how long Anastrozole remains effective in the body. Any thoughts on this? No bloodwork scheduled until beginning of September.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Very interesting and helpful log Jupiter..

Please keep it updated...
    Do not ask me for a source check.

Thank you kind sir. I appreciate the comment

Ok gang here is my end of week 5 report. Week 6 began today.

Current weekly protocol as follows:

300 iu's HCG on Saturday and Tuesday

Increased skin oiliness is still in evidence with a resulting increase to acne in the chest area. The heat wave we are having here in the northeast is likely exacerbating the problem which seems to flare up and then subside with regularity. I am still viewing this as a welcome side effect of the Test in my system.

Still can't complain about my sleep pattern. Though I'm still not sleeping through the night the sleep I am getting seems to be enough to allow me to wake without a problem in the morning.

I increased my HCG dose from 250 iu's twice per week to 300 iu's twice per week. This dosage seems to be working a bit better for me. The effects of this product are kind of hard to quantify but I do know that I feel better with it than without it as the week progresses following my Test injection.

My libido is still not to the point where I constantly feel the need to dip the stick. This is something of a disappointment but it's still better than it was before I began the TRT. As I've stated previously my orgasms are far more intense than they have been in years but I am still lacking the ability to go a second round for several hours. On a better note waking with wood in the middle of the night or in the morning is occurring with a decent amount of regularity.

Having said that however I still seem to be exhibiting symptoms of an increasing estrogen level. Right nipple remains puffy with a very small lump beneath it. It is not overly tender to the touch however, and I have never experienced the itchiness that most folks seem to complain about with regard to gynecomastia . There are still no appreciable symptoms to my left breast. I have noted an increase in sleepiness mid afternoon but nothing that prevents me from doing what needs to be done. As the heat may be a big contributor to the fatigue I still find myself hesitant to begin the Anastrozole. Does anyone have an idea what signals the point of no return with regard to gyno?

My arm has significantly improved over the last week. I've decided that I will give it 1 more week and then begin working out lightly next weekend.

That's it for this week. Would appreciate comments on the gyno situation. Stay well!
    Last edited by Jupiter2; 07-08-2010 at 07:27 PM.

subnet is offline Associate Member
    jupiter - I'm right with you on a few things. First, I have had the same increased oily skin since I started with TRT back in October. At 40 years old, I am fighting acne and it's pissing me off, but I've found that by washing once daily with benzole peroxide (face), and shoulders and chest with Dawn dishwashing liquid (do a search here and it's not uncommon), and using clearasil wipes at night, that it's helping fight the damn pimples. Also started using a multi-vitamin without iodine and that may be helping as well.

One thing that concerns me is a few comments you've made. One is of the hot flashes going away (or not as prominent), and of course repeated comments on your breast/nipple. We're all assuming that you have low E2 since you had around an 18 from the bloodwork, but maybe it was a bad result and that you really have high E2? With me, my E2 was high and I had a LOT of hot flashes. Increasing my Test levels (and lowering my E2) helped immediately get rid of the hot flashes. I had nipple puffyness as well and Arimidex helped that.

So maybe your E2 (Estradiol) test gave bad numbers and you really don't have low/med E2 as you have been led to believe? As Vette has said, definitely get checked out sooner than 6 months to see what they come up with. Hopefully they're using the 'correct' or 'more better' E2 test?

thanks for posting your log too btw!

Hmmm... Dawn dishwashing liquid for acne eh? Will have to give that a try. Thx for the tip Subnet.

I am taking a multi-vitamin (which does contain iodine I believe) at the moment along with some added magnesium, niacin (for cholesterol control), flax seed oil, and selenium (for prostate protection).

Now that you mention it, the low E2 in conjunction with low Test doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense given some of my symptoms at the time. When the blood panel was conducted I was already experiencing breast tenderness on that same side, with a bit of swelling but didn't have the puffy nipple. I had been supplementing with saw palmetto for a good amount of time however and just after the blood panel decided to discontinue it for a bit, because I had a theory that it was causing the problem. Within a couple of weeks the tenderness and swelling began to subside to the point of almost being normal and then I started the TRT which brought it all back.

The hot flashes are non existant at this point which I figure to be a good sign. I am not scheduled for another blood panel (with my primary) until the first week of September which will put me 14 weeks into the therapy and I only have a 10 week supply. Hadn't realized that before now. I guess that means I will need to get the clinic to order me a new panel within the next couple of weeks so the meds can be adjusted if needed before a new order is placed.

If worse comes to worse I'll take an Arimidex capsule on Sunday or Monday and see how it goes. I just really wanted to hold off on throwing any more drugs into the mix until my next screening so I could get a good read on how my body was metabolizing the testosterone and HCG .

End of week 6 report. Week 7 began yesterday.

The Dawn dishwashing liquid remedy that was suggested has had a very positive effect on the acne I've been experiencing in the chest area. Thank you Subnet for the suggestion. Skin oiliness is still an issue but is now manageable.

Sleep pattern remains consistent. Though not perfect I have no issues getting up early in the morning.

The increased HCG dose (300 iu's 2x per week) seems to be providing more benefit that the 250 iu's twice per week I was taking, but as I've stated before the effects are very difficult to quantify. All I can say is that I feel a bit better at 300 iu's twice per week.

Still no extraordinary change to my libido. Definitely better than it was before TRT, but definitely not providing me with sudden erections that were common during my teen years.

I'm pretty certan at this point that increasing estrogen is responsible for the increase in sleepiness mid morning and mid afternoon. Still not so bad that it prevents me from doing what needs to be done. But a cat nap is becoming a daily occurance. It may also be responsible for an increase in moodiness. Have called the clinic with regards to getting some bloodwork done. My rep is out of the country but did send an email stating he would set it up at a cost of $200.00. I shot an email back asking for what he specifically recommends be screened and as soon as I receive his reply I will call my primary and see if she will requisition one for me. This may save me a few bucks.

My arm is definitely at the point where I feel comfortable enough to begin a light workout. I'm hoping to get to the gym on Saturday. We'll see how it goes.

That's it for this week. Stay well everyone!

End of week 6 report. Week 7 began yesterday.

The Dawn dishwashing liquid remedy that was suggested has had a very positive effect on the acne I've been experiencing in the chest area. Thank you Subnet for the suggestion. Skin oiliness is still an issue but is now manageable.

Sleep pattern remains consistent. Though not perfect I have no issues getting up early in the morning.

The increased HCG dose (300 iu's 2x per week) seems to be providing more benefit that the 250 iu's twice per week I was taking, but as I've stated before the effects are very difficult to quantify. All I can say is that I feel a bit better at 300 iu's twice per week.

Still no extraordinary change to my libido. Definitely better than it was before TRT, but definitely not providing me with sudden erections that were common during my teen years.

I'm pretty certan at this point that increasing estrogen is responsible for the increase in sleepiness mid morning and mid afternoon. Still not so bad that it prevents me from doing what needs to be done. But a cat nap is becoming a daily occurance. It may also be responsible for an increase in moodiness. Have called the clinic with regards to getting some bloodwork done. My rep is out of the country but did send an email stating he would set it up at a cost of $200.00. I shot an email back asking for what he specifically recommends be screened and as soon as I receive his reply I will call my primary and see if she will requisition one for me. This may save me a few bucks.

My arm is definitely at the point where I feel comfortable enough to begin a light workout. I'm hoping to get to the gym on Saturday. We'll see how it goes.

That's it for this week. Stay well everyone!
    glad its goin well bro....

just a thought...how certain are you that your slight sluggishness is due to estro....please remind are you taking antie E's....sucks that youre sleeping well but still needing the naps

Vettester is offline Banned
    Jup, give it a little more time for things to balance out and I think your libido will get better and better. The HCG really seemed to give it a noticeable difference after about 2 to 3 months. It just takes a little bit for everything to come together.

JP I don't have any bloodwork to confirm it, but I am experiencing some mild gyno, seemed to have put on a bit of weight (assuming it to be water), the last couple of weeks have not been experiencing the very occasional stirrings in the nads, and have been experiencing mid morning and mid afternoon sleepiness, and increased moodiness.

I do have the Anastrozole but have been holding off on taking it until the next round of bloodwork so I can get an accurate reading on how the Test and HCG are being metabolized by my system. I go for the bottle everyday and then put it down after convincing myself that another week or two isn't going to hurt. But I have a gut feeling that taking just one of those capsules a week is going to make a substantial difference in the way I'm feeling.

Vette, I'm trying to be patient but I've got to tell you that I'm a bit disappointed so far. While I am feeling better than before, the TRT has not provided me with the night and day difference you guys have spoken of and that I was expecting. I am chalking that up to 2 things at this point, no workouts to enable me to see a physical difference in myself and out of whack estrogen.

JP I don't have any bloodwork to confirm it, but I am experiencing some mild gyno, seemed to have put on a bit of weight (assuming it to be water), the last couple of weeks have not been experiencing the very occasional stirrings in the nads, and have been experiencing mid morning and mid afternoon sleepiness, and increased moodiness.

I do have the Anastrozole but have been holding off on taking it until the next round of bloodwork so I can get an accurate reading on how the Test and HCG are being metabolized by my system. I go for the bottle everyday and then put it down after convincing myself that another week or two isn't going to hurt. But I have a gut feeling that taking just one of those capsules a week is going to make a substantial difference in the way I'm feeling.

Vette, I'm trying to be patient but I've got to tell you that I'm a bit disappointed so far. While I am feeling better than before, the TRT has not provided me with the night and day difference you guys have spoken of and that I was expecting. I am chalking that up to 2 things at this point, no workouts to enable me to see a physical difference in myself and out of whack estrogen.
    hopefully the virtue will pay off

Ok gang sorry for the tardiness. Went away for a few days and had no computer access.

End of week 7 report. Week 8 began on Thursday (7/22)

Weekly protocol remains unchanged:

200mg Test Cyp (Thursday)
    300iu HCG (Saturday and Tuesday)

Problems with chest acne seem to be tapering off immensely. Using the Dawn dishwashing liquid was definitely a major help. But I'm wondering if it may also have something to do with diminishing effectiveness of my HCG (which has reached the end of it's normal shelf life).

Began taking penicillin and 800mg ibuprofen last week following a dental visit due to a toothache. X-rays showed no abcess so have no idea what the penicillin is for. The only side I've noted has been some foul smelling urine. Haven't been able to locate any material on the web regarding interactivity between these 2 meds and Test or HCG. If anyone has any info. I'd love to hear it.

Gyno symptoms seem to be stabilizing. Still have the puffy nipples but tenderness has decreased to the point of barely being noticeable. Irritability and moodiness is still a problem however, as is mid morning and mid afternoon sleepiness. Still believe all of this is due to elevated estrogen levels but have not been able to catch up with my clinic's rep to schedule some new bloodwork. Willing to bet a fortune however that he will be available this week as I need my Test script refilled.

Have not had the opportunity to get to the gym yet. Guess that is both good news and bad. Gives the arm additional rest but is not helping my physical appearance any.

Okay folks that's about it for this week. Looking forward to any comments you may have. Stay well!

End of week 8 report. Week 9 began on Thursday (7/29)

The weekly protocol remains unchanged, however my Test vial which was supposed to contain 10 ml apparently contained only 8 1/2. (Was hoping it would at least be a full 9 ml). As a result I was only able to inject approx 80-90 mg yesterday. A new vial is on order and I'll make up the difference as soon as it arrives.

200mg Test Cyp (Thursday's)
    300iu HCG 2x per week (Saturday and Tuesday, 600iu total)

Finished taking penicillin prescribed by dentist but it had no appreciable affect on the pain I've been experiencing. As a result I've been taking the 800mg ibuprofen at least twice per day to deal with the pain. The dentist has prescribed a new antibiotic which I'll be picking up today in the hope that I have a better response to it. Appt. with oral surgeon on August 5th will permanently solve the problem.

As I mentioned in my last post, gyno symptoms seem to have stabilized. Puffy nipples are still evident but very little tenderness. Irritability and moodiness still prevalent, as is mid morning and mid afternoon sleepiness.

Spoke with rep from clinic and discussed symptoms. He agrees that everything points to an increase in estrogen and suggested I begin the Adex (.5mg once per week). He also suggested changing my weekly Test regimen from 200mg once per week, to 150mg twice per week. He feels that upping the dose slightly and smoothing the curve will allow me to experience the positive effects of the therapy that have so far eluded me.

I know these guys are educated about the therapy, but I am slightly concerned about upping my Test dose before waiting to see if lowering my estrogen level with the Adex does the job for me. Opinions are appreciated.

Btw I've noted a curious side effect related to my gyno symptoms... a definite increase in the GF's fascination as of late with my chest (LOL). Have any of you guys experienced this???

Okay folks that's it for this week. Looking forward to any comments you may have. As always, stay well!

End of week 8 report. Week 9 began on Thursday (7/29)

The weekly protocol remains unchanged, however my Test vial which was supposed to contain 10 ml apparently contained only 8 1/2. (Was hoping it would at least be a full 9 ml). As a result I was only able to inject approx 80-90 mg yesterday. A new vial is on order and I'll make up the difference as soon as it arrives.

200mg Test Cyp (Thursday's)
    300iu HCG 2x per week (Saturday and Tuesday, 600iu total)

Finished taking penicillin prescribed by dentist but it had no appreciable affect on the pain I've been experiencing. As a result I've been taking the 800mg ibuprofen at least twice per day to deal with the pain. The dentist has prescribed a new antibiotic which I'll be picking up today in the hope that I have a better response to it. Appt. with oral surgeon on August 5th will permanently solve the problem.

As I mentioned in my last post, gyno symptoms seem to have stabilized. Puffy nipples are still evident but very little tenderness. Irritability and moodiness still prevalent, as is mid morning and mid afternoon sleepiness.

Spoke with rep from clinic and discussed symptoms. He agrees that everything points to an increase in estrogen and suggested I begin the Adex (.5mg once per week). He also suggested changing my weekly Test regimen from 200mg once per week, to 150mg twice per week. He feels that upping the dose slightly and smoothing the curve will allow me to experience the positive effects of the therapy that have so far eluded me.

I know these guys are educated about the therapy, but I am slightly concerned about upping my Test dose before waiting to see if lowering my estrogen level with the Adex does the job for me. Opinions are appreciated.

Btw I've noted a curious side effect related to my gyno symptoms... a definite increase in the GF's fascination as of late with my chest (LOL). Have any of you guys experienced this???

Okay folks that's it for this week. Looking forward to any comments you may have. As always, stay well!
    might means she likes breasts...3 some introduction? smokin hot asian?...

lol...

on a serious note i agree with your concern....doesnt make sense to change TWO variables when youre still dialing in your treatment...did you tell them that you felt that way?

Lol, Ya I'm thinking that might be it (her liking breasts). But threesomes and anything else is out of the question... I don't like sharing :P

And yes I did voice my concern to the rep. The one thing I am finding with regard to these clinics, or maybe it is just the one I've chosen to work with, is that it is a business first. In other words, it seems to be all about the money. While that may be great for some folks who are looking to these medications strictly for the physical benefits they confer, it does nothing for us folks who are doing them for health reasons. At this point I'm not willing to bet my life that my health is their greatest concern. Which makes self education all the more important.

Lol, Ya I'm thinking that might be it (her liking breasts). But threesomes and anything else is out of the question... I don't like sharing :P

And yes I did voice my concern to the rep. The one thing I am finding with regard to these clinics, or maybe it is just the one I've chosen to work with, is that it is a business first. In other words, it seems to be all about the money. While that may be great for some folks who are looking to these medications strictly for the physical benefits they confer, it does nothing for us folks who are doing them for health reasons. At this point I'm not willing to bet my life that my health is their greatest concern. Which makes self education all the more important.
    that really does bring up a good point and i actually experienced that as well and have heard the same...this leads me to wonder how they stay in business(dea) if they can just write big doses and sell large quantities

subnet is offline Associate Member
    Jup - again thanks for the continued updates! Do you have current test results of your total test levels when being on 200mg per week? Also, the 150mg 2 x per week is getting pretty high, but again without blood results we don't know... Maybe you need less and not more?

Jup and JPK - talking about clinics and their motives - this is one of the reasons I've been hesitant to switch from my Dr. to a clinic. He's not on my insurance's in-network plan so it does cost me quite a bit more to see him, but I KNOW he's trying to get me to the point where I am healthy. He prescribes the medication and I get it from the local pharmacy of my choice using insurance. The 'problem' with him is that he's extremely conservative overall, and also doesn't believe in HCG and I've been wanting to try it. Decisions, decisions...

That being said, I worry about the clinics especially since you have to buy the meds from them - how do we know if they're just 'selling' rather than trying to treat?

Quote Originally Posted by subnet View Post
    Jup - again thanks for the continued updates! Do you have current test results of your total test levels when being on 200mg per week? Also, the 150mg 2 x per week is getting pretty high, but again without blood results we don't know... Maybe you need less and not more?

Jup and JPK - talking about clinics and their motives - this is one of the reasons I've been hesitant to switch from my Dr. to a clinic. He's not on my insurance's in-network plan so it does cost me quite a bit more to see him, but I KNOW he's trying to get me to the point where I am healthy. He prescribes the medication and I get it from the local pharmacy of my choice using insurance. The 'problem' with him is that he's extremely conservative overall, and also doesn't believe in HCG and I've been wanting to try it. Decisions, decisions...

That being said, I worry about the clinics especially since you have to buy the meds from them - how do we know if they're just 'selling' rather than trying to treat?
    yeh exactly....i was in the same boat when i got my primary to rx my test that was initiated by an endo i tried to get hcg then but he said i'd have to get from endo first...now, i see another primary that also continued my test script but i dont think she will know much about hcg....she'll prolly think i'm looking for it for some crazy diet...lol

Sub, I've no bloodwork as of yet. Seeing my primary on Sept. 7 and will have her order it up. This way I'm pretty much assured that it will be covered by my insurance. I think it can wait another few weeks. Truth is I've been overly stubborn about the Adex because I really want to get a good idea of what my body is doing with the Test. There is no doubt in my mind that my estrogen is elevated. The bloodwork will surely confirm it.

If I toss aside the stubborness and take the Adex I feel strongly that my symptoms will disappear. That will obviously negate the need to increase my Test dosage.

JP I'm a big believer in using facts to make a sale. If your doctor doesn't know anything about it, then on your next visit bring her some material (scientific studies) to back your argument for its prescription. It's been my experience that the majority of endo's out there will refuse to treat our symptoms because in their minds our problems are simply a part of the aging process. If we were 18 years old and experiencing symptoms of hypogonadism there is no doubt in my mind that we would receive a more aggressive form of treatment.

Btw, I've just learned about a doctor here in Massachusetts who is actually at the forefront of testosterone therapy . Don't know if I can mention his name here but if you PM me I'll get it to you. The guy graduated magna cum-laude from Harvard and has been involved in researching the benefits of Testosterone for the last 30 years. He apparently has a clinic in the Boston area and believes that the treatment we are currently receiving will be the norm for males over 40 within the next 5 to 10 years. I'm planning on giving him a call tomorrow to see what he has to say about my treatment and to learn more about his philosophy. Will keep everyone informed.
    Last edited by Jupiter2; 08-01-2010 at 06:20 PM.

Sub, I've no bloodwork as of yet. Seeing my primary on Sept. 7 and will have her order it up. This way I'm pretty much assured that it will be covered by my insurance. I think it can wait another few weeks. Truth is I've been overly stubborn about the Adex because I really want to get a good idea of what my body is doing with the Test. There is no doubt in my mind that my estrogen is elevated. The bloodwork will surely confirm it.

If I toss aside the stubborness and take the Adex I feel strongly that my symptoms will disappear. That will obviously negate the need to increase my Test dosage.

JP I'm a big believer in using facts to make a sale. If your doctor doesn't know anything about it, then on your next visit bring her some material (scientific studies) to back your argument for its prescription. It's been my experience that the majority of endo's out there will refuse to treat our symptoms because in their minds our problems are simply a part of the aging process. If we were 18 years old and experiencing symptoms of hypogonadism there is no doubt in my mind that we would receive a more aggressive form of treatment.

Btw, I've just learned about a doctor here in Massachusetts who is actually at the forefront of testosterone therapy. Don't know if I can mention his name here but if you PM me I'll get it to you. The guy graduated magna cum-laude from Harvard and has been involved in researching the benefits of Testosterone for the last 30 years. He apparently has a clinic in the Boston area and believes that the treatment we are currently receiving will be the norm for males over 40 within the next 5 to 10 years. I'm planning on giving him a call tomorrow to see what he has to say about my treatment and to learn more about his philosophy. Will keep everyone informed.
    agree with trt being more known and possibly mainstream in the not to distant future and dont believe that 40 will be the criteria but symptoms by men of low T

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    my Dad had real low Testosterone levels and the doctor got him a prescription.. he feels great now.. working in the Garden at the age of 70.. i think people are too quick to rule out the use of testosterone for a cure to many problems that arise in an older male.

Machine, I'm glad your dad is benefitting from the therapy. Seems like most men do once they get everything dialed in. I'm not quite there yet but am so looking forward to it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information