Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Insulin Use For Bodybuilding - question/answer thread

RoxRunner is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    well despite what Palumbo recently said when he answered this same question just off the cuff without really thinking about it (he said it was a kooky idea to pin slin prior to cardio, even though coaches and gurus with higher levels of education and degrees them him promote this),, lower level of blood glucose induces lipolysis (if its for a short duration, long term low blood sugar may do the opposite by slowing down metabolism ).

think about it , if you got kids and you see them eat a shit ton of pop and candy or sweets, 30 mins later they are bouncing off the walls full of energy cause they have all that glucose/sugar to burn off for fuel.

glucose is energy, we store this energy in either the liver, muscle, fat, or the blood stream .. and the body utilizes it from these different areas dependent on the demand (e.g... weight training will burn up blood glucose AND muscle glucose/glycogen for energy).

If we are about to do steady state cardio, and we have a fairly decent amount of blood sugar floating around the blood stream to be used as energy, then your body will tap into that glucose for energy and then after that is used up it starts oxidizing fat for energy (it can actually somewhat use both at the same time). so if we go into a non glycogen dependent cardio session with lower blood sugar then we will burn more fat for energy . steady state LISS is a form of cardio that doesn't use glycogen , where as HIIT does . so if you did HIIT cardio then going into it with low blood sugar makes no difference, its just going to use muscle glycogen anyways. going into LISS cardio with lower blood sugar to start will help burn more fat
    Great thread GH!

In the Ironman and Ultrarunning community, what you're describing sounds a lot like metabolic efficiency. I've been a lab rat for them in their testing to see what diet and supplements do to improve (or move the point of conversion). I didn't realize slin can induce it so much more quickly.
    GearHeaded likes this.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by RoxRunner View Post
    Great thread GH!

In the Ironman and Ultrarunning community, what you're describing sounds a lot like metabolic efficiency. I've been a lab rat for them in their testing to see what diet and supplements do to improve (or move the point of conversion). I didn't realize slin can induce it so much more quickly.
    I'd imagine exogenous insulin use could be beneficial for the competitive endurance athletes. one to help with recovery, and another for carb loading and a super compensation effect prior to a competition

Quester is online now Knowledgeable Member
    just to clarify for the readers of this thread.. whats in bold is NOT classified as a negative side effect of metformin, its an actual mechanism of action by the drug to help lower blood sugar levels (ie., for most people with high blood sugars thats a benefit and provides health and anti aging benefits)

limiting glucose production in the liver and gluconeogeneis (converting protein to sugar) is beneficial to a majority of people and why metfromin is prescribed to pre diabetics and for anti aging

should be obvious why thats beneficial for bodybuilding as well
    I didn't mean to imply that it was a negative. Thanks for clarifying, GH

Wintermaul is offline Junior Member
    great questions brother!

ok, no HGH use is absolutely not necessary for insulin use in body building. however, I will say that insulin use is highly recommended for those using high dosages of HGH (or at least using Metformin). hope that makes sense.. the thing is insulin can be very anabolic all on its own and does not need HGH. however the use of HGH will likely cause you to run elevated blood sugars and the use of insulin will be beneficial (also on a side note, the use of DNP definitely warrants the use of insulin, you really should not be running DNP without insulin, as DNP causes your pancreas to stop producing endogenous insulin).
    the benefit to running HGH and insulin together is that you get a synergistic effect that ends up causing the liver to produce more IGF.

I have different clients on different protocols depending on their goals. I even have some clients using insulin for cutting (yes it has its purpose even in a cut). but for massing and adding more muscle and muscle fullness I generally go with the Milos style protocol. 10iu of insulin pre workout, then sipping on 50g of high molecular weight carbohydrates during the workout, that carb drink should also contain 10-20g of EAAs, and 10g of creatine.

Why do I recommend this?

well our blood is what carries nutrients and delivers them into cells. insulin is essentially a 'key' that is able to unlock and open up a cell so that it can take in nutrients and grow. most of the time during the day and night we have very little blood flow directly into muscle. BUT when we workout we get up to 70% of all our blood flowing into the muscles that we are training... well again blood carries all the nutrients we need.
    so the best time to have lots of insulin , again the key that opens the cell, and lots of muscle building nutrients like glycogen, water, creatine, amino acids, in the blood stream is when your working out and all the blood and nutrients is able to be delivered to the cell.
    so thats why we take insulin pre-workout and provide our bodies with glucose and aminos and creatine.

then 30 mins after the workout for recovery, take another 10iu of insulin with 30-40g of whey isolate and more carbs in the form of white rice or white bagel (fast digesting carbs)..
    then 1.5 hours later have a whole food meal containing lean protein and carbs (NO fats), so say chicken and rice. the reason for this is because you'll likely get a secondary spike in insulin levels as the insulin (like novalin r) is designed to start working in 20-30 mins after injection but will have a secondary peak about 1.5-2 hours later.

thats a basic protocol that works great and will fill you out, help you grow, and help you recover.

please note that the 10iu dosage is just a 'number'.. each individual is different. some guys I have only running 5iu, some guys I have running 15iu. just depends. also depends on if we are running insulin at other times of the day as well and not just around the workout. it also depends on how insulin sensitive you are, and I generally recommend using a glucose meter and tracking blood sugars at diff times during the day to see where your at and then using insulin accordingly.. I personally take my blood sugar reading before I workout, and use that to decide my dosage of insulin. sometimes its 10iu, sometimes its 8 or sometimes its 15,, just depends.

also you'll want to run insulin for more then just 4 weeks. to get the growth and the recovery benefits its going to take some time. you will however notice much better pumps and muscle fullness fairly soon. you can easily add 10 pounds of lean body mass just by utilizing the above insulin protocol.

hope that helps you out brother, let me know if you have any other questions
    Thanks for answering. Why do you need 2 doses of insulin, before and after workout? Isnt it enough with 1dose of fast-acting insulin like 15min right before workout, and that dose would peak during workout and still be doing its job after the workout? I would want the insulin in my body only when necessary so i would rather take a larger dose before training than 2 smaller doses spread out before and after.

The reason for the use of only 4-6 weeks is because i was told by a pro bodybuilder that a protocol was to use it after a typical diet when the body is very insulin-sensitive and on a bulk or off-season it takes 6 weeks before you lose that sensitivity. But you seem to have another word on that, could you please explain how long you would normally use it at a time and why?

Another thing you mentioned is the use of DNP and insulin. I would like to learn something about this as well. Ive testet the waters of DNP and was very lethargic even on 200mg a day. I imagine insulin maybe combats lethargic and would be nice to use on a "recomp"? What do you say about that?

the reason for the 2 doses is simply because I'm not able to consume near enough Carbs in a single sitting during my workout then would be needed from a single large bolus dose of insulin . So I split it up over a couple hours to give my body time to be able to consume and assimilate the carbs.
    for example, if I took 30iu of slin, and began my workout, I may need nearly 300g of carbs. well there is no way I'll be able to consume that, especially while working out intense and my stomach is nauseous to begin with.

so I'll take in a medium dose pre workout and only need about 50-100g of carbs to carry me through the workout. Then 1.5-2 hours later post workout I take another dose of insulin then because I'm in a position where I can consume a lot more carbs.
    by spreading it out over a couple hours with two doses I can take in more calories and nutrients, then would be possible with a single dose.

insulin is similar to testosterone , in that its a naturally occurring hormone that is in the body all the time all year long. you can use exogenous test year round, and you can use exogenous insulin year round (your body is already accustomed to these hormones being present year round 24/7). the difference is with the test your natty production will shut down, where as taking insulin twice per day only on workout days is not going to shut down natty production of insulin.

your pro bodybuilder friend's theory sounds interesting and I'm sure he gets results from it. the thing is its when your somewhat insulin resistant that you end up needing more insulin (thats one reason why HGH users need insulin). this gives the beta cells of the pancreas a bit of a break and keeps them from 'burning out' sort of speak. so taking insulin after a diet and insulin sensitive is totally fine, but taking insulin right in the middle of a bulk when your slightly resistant is also beneficial .
    I personally take insulin year round, with some breaks here and there.

DNP shuts down the beta cells of the pancreas because of the cells inability to produce ATP. When your on DNP you become a type 1 diabetic. Very good reason to use insulin. Also there are other benefits to using insulin while on DNP, you get all the fat burning effects from the DNP but you get to retain all the anabolic effects of insulins ability to drive nutrients into muscle cells (without insulin, and your own insulin shut down while on DNP, you loose the ability to build muscle because without insulin your unable to 'unlock' cells to be able to take in nutrients).

I'll link a post I have about DNP and Insulin below

https://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-...about-dnp.html

post #6

RoxRunner is offline Associate Member
    I'd imagine exogenous insulin use could be beneficial for the competitive endurance athletes. one to help with recovery, and another for carb loading and a super compensation effect prior to a competition
    I think the recovery aspect would be huge. After a long day (5+ hours on the bike and/or a 2+ hour run) you're typically severely depleted. Getting the nutrients where it's needed much more quickly would help so much. And a lot of endurance athletes are not hungry after working that long. I certainly had that problem.
    GearHeaded likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RoxRunner View Post
    I think the recovery aspect would be huge. After a long day (5+ hours on the bike and/or a 2+ hour run) you're typically severely depleted. Getting the nutrients where it's needed much more quickly would help so much. And a lot of endurance athletes are not hungry after working that long. I certainly had that problem.
    you would probably get a super compensation effect as well (i.e., ability to load in more glycogen then you would normally), thus not only enhancing recovery but aiding in your ability to perform the next session
    mxgregg and RoxRunner like this.

Thanks for your detailed response, youre like wikipedia on insulin -use. Im just gonna keep on asking
    You said that you use 2 doses(before and after training) because of stomach is nauseous. But if stomach is not upset you would be running 1 single dose instead of pre and post?
    Im not gonna start off with that much insulin so i assume i would be OK with 100g carbs intra-/pre- workout, just gonna try 5-10 iu.

NovoRapid starts working in 15min and peaks after 1-3hours and lasts 3-5 hours. This is much like humalog. So this means that insulin works in a total of 5 hours, so basically the carbs and nutrition can be of use this whole time, correct?
    If i take your protocol and do pre AND post and train for 1 hour. I would only extend the "window" of insulin by only about 1 hour, right? I can easily spread out the carbs, take like 50g before workout, 25g during, and 25-50g after workout rather than take ANOTHER dose of insulin. Would that matter?
    Im sorry im just trying to really understand the split-dose use. I understand your use of it. But im trying to figure out if i need another dose after training if i can consume enough carbs within the "insulin-window".

On the subcject of DNP and insulin again. Ive read the post you linked and ive read other posts on it too. And 1 stated that a high use(up to 50iu) of Lantus with a low-carb diet and very high-protein would yield amazing results because protein would be forced to glycogen and you would build muscle while burning fat, you ever tried something like this?
    Would you use fast-acting insulin around workout like not on a diet or do something else while on DNP?
    GearHeaded likes this.

to clarify some more on why I split the dosages up , its not simply because a hard workout may get me a bit nauseated and unable to get down a ton of carbs, its that I don't want to take the 20-30iu of Slin all at once. especially before a workout. if I took that much all at once I'd spend the whole workout trying to cram in a bunch of carbs, which I can't do. so I'll only take 10-15iu pre workout.. Then 30 mins or so after my workout, when I am home and in a position where I can consume not only a bunch more carbs, but a whey isolate shake and a whole food meal (I can't do this during the workout) I take the other 10-15iu dose

If your going to start with a low dose, which you should, then NO you don't need to split the dosages up like I do. your not going to require that much food and carbs with a low dose. take 5iu pre workout and have a intra workout drink with Carbs and EAA's in it.
    if you eventually get to running higher dosages though, you may want to consider splitting the dosages up like I do.

yes you will be utilizing the carbs and nutrition the whole 5 hour time that the insulin is active. But your going to have the largest spike in insulin about 30 mins after you inject it. this is the time you'll be drinking your carb drink during your workout , and forcing all the glucose and amino acids into the muscle cells as you have all that blood flow going on

with DNP , running a long acting insulin like lantus is the way to go. if you only have access to something like Novalin r, then what you'll do is take small doses of it with your meals.
    NO you would definitely not want to do the fast acting insulin pre workout protocol that I laid out above while on DNP. you don't want to force that much carbs and glucose in while on DNP because DNP makes it so that you cannot convert glucose into ATP for energy, and the carbs can only be burned up as body heat. you'll over heat. this is why DNP works to burn fat, it makes it so you can't use carbs for energy (only heat) and forces you to have to only use fat for energy. we only want enough insulin and glucose to keep our muscle cells able to stay anabolic and uptake amino acids. which when your on DNP and you don't take insulin you won't be able to do.
    in this situation its a fine balance.

building muscle while burning fat on DNP is the exact formula I promote and reason I give the protocol I do in regards to using insulin with DNP.. without the insulin you can only burn fat while on DNP

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Do you constantly monitor blood g levels?

I stopped and can feel a crash coming on pretty easy. I am stupid sensitive to insulin but am curious what effects getting to low for a bit can have on your body.

I broke my rule today and shot 20iu with a big meal and crashed pretty hard. I have heard of ill effects on vision such as cataracts and am curious just how detremental low bg swings can be.

no I don't monitor them constantly . I've got a pretty good feel for things and have set dosages and set protocols. I will often times check my sugar before I go to dose my insulin pre-workout to help me determine my dose. If I'm at say 115 an hour after my pre workout meal, then I'll go ahead and pin 15iu.
    If for some reason I'm at say 90, then I'll only pin 10iu. of course I could always just pin the 15iu and simply up the carbs if my blood sugar was low, but I like to take in the exact same amount of carbs (one and a half scoop of Amleopectin) with every workout, just don't want to "have to" have to take in more.

I don't ever end up going hypo or even getting close. I think because of the HGH multiple times a day on top of the GH releasers I take my blood sugars generally stay fairly high. fasted blood sugar is about 90. if I take a few days off the HGH and peptides my fasted will drop down to high 70s.

I know constantly elevated blood sugars can have some pretty bad health effects. I've never looked into the effects of having too many low blood sugar episodes though.

try consuming orange juice a few times per day or upping your fruit/fructose intake. you'll get more liver glycogen storage and its the liver that will trickle glucose into the blood stream when blood sugar levels drop (fructose is easily converted into liver glycogen stores)
    Obs likes this.

Do you feel there is a difference in types of carbs you take?
    Difference between maltodextrin and dextrose for example, is one better than the other or is fast carbs just fast carbs wether it is from rice cakes or dextrose?
    You said earlier that intraworkoutshake should have EAA and BCAA and glutamine and creatine in it as well as carbs. In my country there isnt much product containing complete EAA but a bunch product got BCAA and glutamine. How essentials are these EAA intra? Isnt BCAA enough for full benefit?

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermaul View Post
    Do you feel there is a difference in types of carbs you take?
    Difference between maltodextrin and dextrose for example, is one better than the other or is fast carbs just fast carbs wether it is from rice cakes or dextrose?
    You said earlier that intraworkoutshake should have EAA and BCAA and glutamine and creatine in it as well as carbs. In my country there isnt much product containing complete EAA but a bunch product got BCAA and glutamine. How essentials are these EAA intra? Isnt BCAA enough for full benefit?
    i don't really experiment with different Carb sources with insulin use. I have always used a high molecular weight carb source, like amleopectin, that is super fast absorbing, and just stuck with it. you want fast acting carbs imo with fast acting slin.

BCAAs are not sufficient alone. they only turn on muscle protein syynthesis but they do not provide the raw material for protein synthesis to actually happen.

heres an analogy to help explain what i mean--
    you have a giant high tech factory to make widgets, BCAAs turn on all the lights and the machines in this factory, but unless you have the raw material itself to make the Widgets, BCAAs will do nothing for you. EAAs on the other hand provide all the raw material and turn everything on.

having said that , you can get EAAs from the food you eat. eat plenty of foods with a full spectrum of protein like steak. and you should have sufficicent flow of EAA in your blood stream . which when there is glucose and insulin in the blood will then be used to build muscle.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i don't really experiment with different Carb sources with insulin use. I have always used a high molecular weight carb source, like amleopectin, that is super fast absorbing, and just stuck with it. you want fast acting carbs imo with fast acting slin.

BCAAs are not sufficient alone. they only turn on muscle protein syynthesis but they do not provide the raw material for protein synthesis to actually happen.

you have a giant high tech factory to make widgets, BCAAs turn on all the lights and the machines in this factory, but unless you have the raw material itself to make the Widgets, BCAAs will do nothing for you. EAAs on the other hand provide all the raw material and turn everything on.

having said that , you can get EAAs from the food you eat. eat plenty of foods with a full spectrum of protein like steak. and you should have sufficicent flow of EAA in your blood stream . which when there is glucose and insulin in the blood will then be used to build muscle.
    You do not use supplement EAA’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a show in a week. Then I have 9-10 weeks before another one. I originally had not planned on slin but I’m thinking of a NPP/ slin for 5 weeks.
    What is your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    You do not use supplement EAA’s?
    Yes i personally use 10g of EAA in my intra workout drink.. the poster i responded to said he may have a hard time finding EAA where he lives, so thats why i suggested look to food. but if you are able to get it , then i say its worth using.
    charger69 likes this.

I have a show in a week. Then I have 9-10 weeks before another one. I originally had not planned on slin but I’m thinking of a NPP/ slin for 5 weeks.
    What is your opinion?
    you may consider Slin post contest. your going to be super insulin sensitive post contest I'm sure and will be in a position to get a good rebound and put on some muscle.
    charger69 likes this.

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Do you constantly monitor blood g levels?

I stopped and can feel a crash coming on pretty easy. I am stupid sensitive to insulin but am curious what effects getting to low for a bit can have on your body.

I broke my rule today and shot 20iu with a big meal and crashed pretty hard. I have heard of ill effects on vision such as cataracts and am curious just how detremental low bg swings can be.
    lows are bad on eyes
    Obs likes this.

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    also liking the metformin after 8 days, one thing for sure, its keeping me regular.

notice no negatives on 500mg daily so far

but I think,I'm gaining weight on it.
    Last edited by Couchlockd; 04-28-2018 at 09:28 AM.
    GearHeaded and Obs like this.

Thanks again, this clears up a bit. Im gonna get hold of some EAA, it just takes some more time to get it, or maybe i need to make my own shake with this and that but as you explained with the factory-analogy it seems worth it.

Regarding training, do you think its more useful to go some kind of HIT-style to empty the glycogen in muscles and with insulin build more efficient as to do powerlifting-style(many sets, high volume, low intensity)? Or doesnt training matter that much on insulin? I see Milos like giant-set and really pushes his clients, so im assuming his approach is due his insulin-protocol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermaul View Post
    Thanks again, this clears up a bit. Im gonna get hold of some EAA, it just takes some more time to get it, or maybe i need to make my own shake with this and that but as you explained with the factory-analogy it seems worth it.

Regarding training, do you think its more useful to go some kind of HIT-style to empty the glycogen in muscles and with insulin build more efficient as to do powerlifting-style(many sets, high volume, low intensity)? Or doesnt training matter that much on insulin? I see Milos like giant-set and really pushes his clients, so im assuming his approach is due his insulin-protocol.
    Milos approach is high volume to promote a lot of blood flow. the more blood you can get into the muscle the more you can push whats in the blood (insulin , glucose, amino acids, creatine, water and nutrients) into the muscle.
    thats his method and theory. so neither HIT training nor a power lifting style of training would be as good as a high volume high metabolite style of training.

having said that, I alter my training methods often with different meso cycles , or phases, that I'm running. so sometimes i may be in a high intensity low volume phase, sometimes a high frequency phase, or a strength phase.
    but , no matter what phase i'm in with training , this does not alter my insulin protocols
    Wintermaul likes this.

Looking for clarification on something...
    If I am running 4IUs/day via Pfizer genotropin pen do I need to run insulin with it? Or am I safe just avoiding eating 1hr before & after injections?

JKW
    JKW is offline Associate Member
    Very nice work by GH and everyone who replied. I’ve read the posts many times and I would like to try insulin . I am on my 3rd week on HGH 1.5iu moving to 2iu 5 days a week. I am 58 and use to be a competitor in the 80-90’s. I am on more of a HRT lifestyle then bodybuilding. I want to maximize taking GH since it is so expensive by utilizing the benefits of insulin obviously in a smaller dose than bodybuilding. My question is am I thinking clearly on the HRT side or is insulin more for the bodybuilding side? I would love some help either through this thread or PM if someone will guide me. Thanks!!
    GearHeaded likes this.

Windex is offline Staff ~ HRT Optimization Specialist
    Quote Originally Posted by JKW View Post
    Very nice work by GH and everyone who replied. I’ve read the posts many times and I would like to try insulin. I am on my 3rd week on HGH 1.5iu moving to 2iu 5 days a week. I am 58 and use to be a competitor in the 80-90’s. I am on more of a HRT lifestyle then bodybuilding. I want to maximize taking GH since it is so expensive by utilizing the benefits of insulin obviously in a smaller dose than bodybuilding. My question is am I thinking clearly on the HRT side or is insulin more for the bodybuilding side? I would love some help either through this thread or PM if someone will guide me. Thanks!!
    You don't need insulin to maximize the HgH - it's a double standard. Insulin without HGh is poor but HGH without insulin is perfectly acceptable. Also take all the posts from Gearheaded and toss them out the window. He was banned from the forum because of the unsafe and reckless information he gave to people.

A low dose of slin is going to give little results for a lot of risk. Outside of treating diabetics the only purpose to insulin is going to be for top end hyper competitive bodybuilding.

JKW
    Wow thank you sir! I didn't know he had been banned. I wonder why this thread is still up then if it is bad advice? Almost made me want to try insulin . Glad you cleared that up thanks!

carbman is offline Junior Member
    Helou! two questions for somebody who knows
    1) It's clear that hgh and insulin works synergistic manner. But what about mk-677 and insulin? Does these two work synergistic or not? Is it good way to use them together or separately?
    2) Do I have to start low insulin dosage. Lets say I'm prepared to use 10iu pre and 10iu postworkout so do i have to start with 5iu and 5 iu or can I right away jump to 10iu and 10 iu?
    Thanks

JKW
    MK677 should help the body release GH if I remember right so I would think it would help. Also it seems slin helps even if you are not on GH but on AAS. I would take the advice of checking your glucose levels a couple weeks prior and Start with a small dose. In the field I am in I see people go hypoglycemic and there is nothing you can do if it gets to low. Hope someone finds you and calls Ems.

Quote Originally Posted by carbman View Post
    Helou! two questions for somebody who knows
    1) It's clear that hgh and insulin works synergistic manner. But what about mk-677 and insulin? Does these two work synergistic or not? Is it good way to use them together or separately?
    2) Do I have to start low insulin dosage. Lets say I'm prepared to use 10iu pre and 10iu postworkout so do i have to start with 5iu and 5 iu or can I right away jump to 10iu and 10 iu?
    Thanks
    No- do not jump to 10 before and after. You need to see how you and your diet react first. Before you even think about using slin, buy a device to monitor glucose levels. This will be used to dial it in. Buy glucose tablets for emergencies.
    Remember you can die from this and as long as you respect it, you will be fine. Starting out at 10 before and after is not respecting it.
    I would start out just after a workout. Once you get this dialed in then start slowly before. You will have a couple of peaks by taking it before and after.
    Do NOT start out taking it before. Workout. You could go hypo and not know it since you will already be sweating. Do you have the fast acting or the medium acting slin? This also makes a difference.

Obs
    As charger said

5 ius cant put you in a coma
    10 can
    15 can easily
    20 is just stupid.

Once you advance do 5 before and five after.

High doses will just make you feel like crap.
    charger69 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ora View Post
    As charger said

5 ius cant put you in a coma
    10 can
    15 can easily
    20 is just stupid.

Once you advance do 5 before and five after.

High doses will just make you feel like crap.
    Wow, for only having a couple of cycles under your belt, you have the slin spot on. I feel like I know you from somewhere else. LOL

Obs
    Wow, for only having a couple of cycles under your belt, you have the slin spot on. I feel like I know you from somewhere else. LOL

Readers digest
    charger69 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Windex View Post
    You don't need insulin to maximize the HgH - it's a double standard. Insulin without HGh is poor but HGH without insulin is perfectly acceptable. Also take all the posts from Gearheaded and toss them out the window. He was banned from the forum because of the unsafe and reckless information he gave to people.

A low dose of slin is going to give little results for a lot of risk. Outside of treating diabetics the only purpose to insulin is going to be for top end hyper competitive bodybuilding.
    Wow thank you sir! I didn't know he had been banned. I wonder why this thread is still up then if it is bad advice? Almost made me want to try insulin . Glad you cleared that up thanks!
    none of the above is true.. I was not banned and I surely was not banned for giving out bad advice (tons of respectable members here PM'd me daily for advice). my account was hacked by someone that had a vendetta against me .
    thats in the past .

I'm happy to continue helping people with proper and safe insulin use for bodybuilding in this thread .
    guitarzan and Obs like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JKW View Post
    Very nice work by GH and everyone who replied. I’ve read the posts many times and I would like to try insulin. I am on my 3rd week on HGH 1.5iu moving to 2iu 5 days a week. I am 58 and use to be a competitor in the 80-90’s. I am on more of a HRT lifestyle then bodybuilding. I want to maximize taking GH since it is so expensive by utilizing the benefits of insulin obviously in a smaller dose than bodybuilding. My question is am I thinking clearly on the HRT side or is insulin more for the bodybuilding side? I would love some help either through this thread or PM if someone will guide me. Thanks!!
    JKW ,, just to touch on your post . are you aware that insulin use is 'popular' in anti aging clinics ? YES , insulin is an anti aging drug (if used correctly) . so you being curious about using it , with your HRT and your HGH use at the age of 56 is PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE , and yes can be optimized with all three together providing many benefits (and not just for bodybuilding) .
    so I say yes, adding an insulin protocol is something you can consider
    Obs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Windex View Post
    You don't need insulin to maximize the HgH.
    insulin can mitigate and limit a lot of the negative side effects of HGH use and prevent the long term damage that HGH can cause. in fact, without insulin some people would not even be able to safely utilize HGH (I'm speaking bodybuilding dosages here)
    Obs and i_SLAM_cougars like this.

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Good to see you back gh!
    GearHeaded likes this.

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I am self diagnosed with reactive hypoglycemia, my body makes too much insulin when I eat, causing my blood sugar to drop. Its easily controlled with diet, especially by cutting out refined carbs. My sugar has dropped so low, I've measured it at 42, that I've come close to blackening out. Though my have it under control, now that diet is on tract, I'm assuming slin would be a bad idea for me

Obs
    insulin can mitigate and limit a lot of the negative side effects of HGH use and prevent the long term damage that HGH can cause. in fact, without insulin some people would not even be able to safely utilize HGH (I'm speaking bodybuilding dosages here)
    Indeed glad to see you again sir.

Obs
    none of the above is true.. I was not banned and I surely was not banned for giving out bad advice (tons of respectable members here PM'd me daily for advice). my account was hacked by someone that had a vendetta against me .
    thats in the past .

I'm happy to continue helping people with proper and safe insulin use for bodybuilding in this thread .
    We are moving forward and no one will be bothering GH.
    Things went on out of public eye that have been fixed, corrected, and we are all glad GH has returned after what happened. GH has some terrific advice and he has a very outside the box approach that will work better for some of us.

We welcome new odeas and approaches.
    No one wants to be on a one directional dry assed board. We want it wet and we want it to go both ways like guitarzan, cape, and couchlockd
    i_SLAM_cougars likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    I am self diagnosed with reactive hypoglycemia, my body makes too much insulin when I eat, causing my blood sugar to drop. Its easily controlled with diet, especially by cutting out refined carbs. My sugar has dropped so low, I've measured it at 42, that I've come close to blackening out. Though my have it under control, now that diet is on tract, I'm assuming slin would be a bad idea for me
    interesting. maybe try running a GHRP or GH secretagogue like MK-677 (or perhaps both). This may balance out your hypoglycemia. The pulsing of GH will cause a release of sugar stored from cells thus keeping your blood sugar elevated (this is one of many ways GH works as a growth factor hormone)
    fyi - my normal blood sugar is 80 , if I'm on MK-677 my new normal becomes 100. (yes there is some insulin resistance involved with this).

basically the GH release 'may' counter act your over production of insulin to a degree, or a least provide a higher level of blood sugar to keep your from going hypo so easily.

as for taking exogenous insulin . for you, timing would be critical . if you take in exogenous insulin, and that insulin gets into the blood stream and then your carbs are consumed and dealt with, then your body will not produce a huge spike of its own insulin because of the exogenous insulin. however, if your timing is off you could have a spike of natty insulin on top of your exogenous insulin you took and thus have more insulin then is needed for the amount of carbs consumed .. you'd have to have liquid carbs on hand all the time.

have you ever used intra workout nutrition, like a carb drink during your workout? what happens when you do ? do you go hypo ?
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 09-27-2018 at 01:07 PM.
    Obs likes this.

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Good to see you GH.
    GearHeaded likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information