Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FallenWyvern View Post
    After the loading phase can you get away with weekly injections? Or do they need to be more often?
    Absolutely. You can be very flexible with your dosing and schedule and have good results in my experience

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    II kinda scares me. Do you thing I is safer/less known sides?

Blog Entries
    I believe MT-II can be used safely, yes. Is M-I more user friendly and safer...I also say yes (just to answer the question in the most straightforward way). Either way it is a very individual deal and not everyone is a good candidate. If it scares you in the least, I wouldnt do it. Nobody should sell you on this product or twist your arm to take it imo. Make it a habit to browse the melanotan forums and feel it out for awhile

Thug Nasty is offline Associate Member
    Let's get this back to the top
    Last edited by Thug Nasty; 06-18-2008 at 09:05 PM.

KatsMeow is offline Stupid
    my injections of melanotan burn a little, is this common for most people? It's not like I can't take it or anything, it's not 1/2 as bad as winny but I just wanted to double check.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KatsMeow View Post
    my injections of melanotan burn a little, is this common for most people? It's not like I can't take it or anything, it's not 1/2 as bad as winny but I just wanted to double check.
    Are you using nacl or sterile water? Using bact water it should not burn (at least in my experience)

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    I just recieved an order an my mt2 isnt powder. I chose regular shipping and it almost looks a little crystalized.....

Is it ruined at this point???

how sensative to heat is it?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2 View Post
    I just recieved an order an my mt2 isnt powder. I chose regular shipping and it almost looks a little crystalized.....

Is it ruined at this point???

how sensative to heat is it?
    Does not have to be loose, broken up powder. Many differing lyophilization processes out there....

scottt2536 is offline New Member

MTII and winstrol

Has anyone used Melanotan II while using winstrol ?

Bryan2,

You can order MTII with or without icepacks, it will be fine as long as it hasn't gone through any extreme temperature variations. Storing it in the freezer/fridge increases the shelf life and stability of the drug.

Burning sensations occur more frequently following injections of isotonic saline solution as a general rule, there have been a fair few studies on the osmolarity of drugs in an attempt to work out what causes the burning sensation after a subcut injection but none of them have come close to explaining exactly why it happens...that said i have been using sterile h2o and it still has a slight burning sensation, and yeah, nothing like winny so i'm happy

MTI does have less side effects, but the side effects reported from MTII have only been deemed undesirable because they differ from what Clinuvel has the drug indicated for (tanning), the libido side effects of MTII are being investigated and followed as leads to develop a seperate drug to treat erectile dysfunction.
    Either way, in my opinion (i'm a pharmacologist), with MTI already in phase III clinical trials and WHO giving the compound a generic name (afamelanotide) its safety is looking good, MTII is just a shorter version of the MTI peptide in a cyclic structure, it's progression through clinical trials will be lagging behind MT1 and it's possible the libido effects produced by MTII will have researchers stearing efficacy and safety studies in that direction.

I'd go with MTII, 2 effects for the price of 1!

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by scottt2536 View Post
    MTI does have less side effects, but the side effects reported from MTII have only been deemed undesirable because they differ from what Clinuvel has the drug indicated for (tanning), the libido side effects of MTII are being investigated and followed as leads to develop a seperate drug to treat erectile dysfunction.
    Either way, in my opinion (i'm a pharmacologist), with MTI already in phase III clinical trials and WHO giving the compound a generic name (afamelanotide) its safety is looking good, MTII is just a shorter version of the MTI peptide in a cyclic structure, it's progression through clinical trials will be lagging behind MT1 and it's possible the libido effects produced by MTII will have researchers stearing efficacy and safety studies in that direction.

I'd go with MTII, 2 effects for the price of 1!
    thanks so much for the detail explaination, and the info on the version 3, i know they've been working on that for some time now, didn't know they were up to human trials.. good to know..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Quote Originally Posted by highrise View Post
    Just an update. After skipping a dose for two days, my fatigue went away. I stayed away from it for a little over a week, then I took 1 mg. at night. The next day the fatigue was back, but not as bad. I also get that urge to "morning stretch" that I read about but didn't understand. Guess you have to feel it to know what it is. It's annoying.

Also, through those first six doses, I never felt any nausea, but when I took the 1 mg. over a week later, I felt it pretty bad. Anyway, I'm holding my tan pretty good. Unfortunately, I preloaded my last three doses at 2 mg. each (before I knew about the fatigue problem). I don't know if I can handle another 2 mg. dose, so it's sitting in the fridge. I may inject it back into a sterile vial and pull out .5 mg. at a time and see how I handle that. Still, I think this stuff is pretty great.
    The fatigue problem was reported during phase I/II of clinical trials, dosing over 0.03mg/kg produces grade II somnolence and fatigue. I would not use a dose over 0.025mg/kg, the stretch-yawn response you have each morning is also normal, most side effects are never properly explained, my guess would be it has something to do with MSH effects within the CNS.
    As for the facial flushing, MTII binds the melanocortin receptor 4 in the hypothalymus of your brain, hypothalymus is involved in temperature regulation amongst other things, could explain temperature irregularities.
    Having a break between dosing then coming back to your previous dosage is going to knock you around a bit, your bodies homeostatic mechanisms adjusted themselves in response to the loading phase and in turn adjusted the levels of other neurochemicals, when you alter the frequency and duration of administration your always going to experience the unwanted side effects.

Hope this helps

JinNtonic is offline Member
    GREAT THREAD.

I started my first MTII injection last night @.5mg.

I did get an upset stomach. I did feel warm. But nothing too bad.

My dads a red head so I have some of those genes. In the morning I swear I could tell a very small change in color.

I am going to take 1mg tonight before bed.

Thx for this great thread!

So, i think i'm going to have to stop using my Melanotan... I have quite a bit of freckles as is but these "black spots" are out of control! It looks like a 4 year old had fun with a marker all over my body. I got darker but it isn't worth looking like a dalmatian.

burnin69 is offline Member
    So, i think i'm going to have to stop using my Melanotan... I have quite a bit of freckles as is but these "black spots" are out of control! It looks like a 4 year old had fun with a marker all over my body. I got darker but it isn't worth looking like a dalmatian.
    how long have you been using the melanotan? And how often do you tan?

I've only been using it for 2 weeks at 0.5mg daily, and I'm only doing 2 sessions in the tanning bed every week.

Blog Entries
    I've only been using it for 2 weeks at 0.5mg daily, and I'm only doing 2 sessions in the tanning bed every week.
    Start a new thread and post some progress pictures. May very well be the transition phase that could have been expected. Everyone is different. Hate to see you jump ship too early

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Black dots scare me

Like Vette said, it would be great for people to post up pics!

VeraDeMilo is offline Member
    If I was to place my melanotanII in the freezer right after the package arives, in it's un-mixed form (no water added yet), does anyone know how long that would stay good for? Years?

VeraDeMilo is offline Member
    Also, I have read that dosing goes by bodyweight. So melanotan.org says if I'm around 255 lbs I should be taking 2.353 mg every day during the loading phase. (Their chart came out in 2006) Is this outdated or is this still the general rule that more bodyweight equals higher dosage? Thanks

burnin69 is offline Member
    The freckles that have darkened and multiplied on my face and body are the worst side. But from what ive heard they start to lighten and blend with your skin as it gets darker.

cindyhu528 is offline New Member
    Edited. Please read the board rules. You cannot post this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyhu528 View Post
    Edited. Please read the board rules. You cannot post this.

Quote Originally Posted by burnin69 View Post
    The freckles that have darkened and multiplied on my face and body are the worst side. But from what ive heard they start to lighten and blend with your skin as it gets darker.
    Mine didn't blend they just turned black and got bigger. They faded a little bit once I stopped using MT2, and I stayed dark for quite some time thereafter.

jasperhup is offline Junior Member
    good thread vette.

i disagree with your take on the over 1mg a day being overdosing tho. i dosed over 1mg a day for almost 6 weeks and have had virtually now tanning, although my beard has gone black and i have a couple moles/freckles (you'd have to be me to notice them tho).

what is your skin type and height? if you are a true type 1 (never ever tans, burns quickly) and are big (both body mass and total skin surface -- which might be more important as it means you have more receptors to stimulate) then 1mg a day might be next to useless.

another thing (the melanotan dot org forum has some threads about this) is that while the drug itself doesn't accumulate (the response of tan/melanin production accumulates tho, like a muscle memory for the tanning bits) the parts of you that have tanned or at least had good UV will seem to respond quickly and strongly to the drug, but other parts might not.

so if you are very pale with lots of skin that has not ever seen the sun, you will need a sufficient amount at each dose to reach enough of your receptors, and you will need to inject often as the half life of the drug is fairly short.

my next run will have me ramping up my dose (to minimize sides, although a zyrtec before hand seems to do the trick) and working towards 2-2.5 mgs a day.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jasperhup View Post
    my next run will have me ramping up my dose (to minimize sides, although a zyrtec before hand seems to do the trick) and working towards 2-2.5 mgs a day.
    Interesting pov jasperhup, thanks & welcome

I still believe moderate dosing and UV exposure are the keys to a successful run. If only there were that magic pill or formula right??

.5mg-1mg doses work for me (I was a true type 1). But I also have to say that I have used several suppliers and over the years the peptides have become more potent. Just an observation I think many have had on these communities and melanotan.org
    Quote Originally Posted by jasperhup
    i dosed over 1mg a day for almost 6 weeks and have had virtually now tanning, although my beard has gone black and i have a couple moles/freckles (you'd have to be me to notice them tho).
    Sounds on par to me. I have to imagine that is what you should have expected going into it. Please elaborate though, interested in your experience for sure!

well, i made a typo, i have had virtually NO tanning!

you know, it comes down to size (body mass, and skin surface area, two things i have working against me on this), tanning ability (again against me) and previous UV exposure (you guessed it, 0 for 3!).

your dose will be determined by all of that.

so one doesn't really "load" the drug i am learning, but you accumulate the melanin that the drug (with or without, although with helps a lot, UV) via stimulating the MSH receptors. if you look at the trials (you had a great vid on youtube, i only know it was you cuz of the distinct user name!) you will notice they just bomb the patients with the dosage from the chart. all this cycling, loading, and up and down stuff the community has done is sort of a hold over of other kinds of drugs. might work, but it's just an experiment by us amatures right now.

anyhow, i can say if you are a real type 1, and big (as in naturally big, large surface area, although being jacked might have in affect too) you need meaningful doses or else as you inject it the drug won't get to enough of the surface. you also need them often as the half life is short. and lastly, you really do need UV to get it going, but i got UV and all the "loading" i did was for shit, dose is key (well that's what i'm working with, will confirm in the next 6-8 weeks as i go back on).

sides are shit too, but it SEEMS ramping up helps that (just to get used to the stuff) and a zyrtec before hand really did help IME.

Blog Entries
    you will notice they just bomb the patients with the dosage from the chart.
    Curious if you have this handy, would love to see it. I have yet to see one in regards to MT-II, only the original melanotan.

Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette View Post
    Curious if you have this handy, would love to see it. I have yet to see one in regards to MT-II, only the original melanotan.
    it is from this new zealand video, this pale girl get her daily injections. it was on some news thing, should like up to ur vid page. she did daily injections, like 1cc of fluid, and got darker in like 12 or 13 days. no loading or anything like that, just straight going for it!

looking at her then me, i have no friggen business doing only 1mg a day and expecting results.

Blog Entries
    it is from this new zealand video, this pale girl get her daily injections. it was on some news thing, should like up to ur vid page. she did daily injections, like 1cc of fluid, and got darker in like 12 or 13 days. no loading or anything like that, just straight going for it!

looking at her then me, i have no friggen business doing only 1mg a day and expecting results.
    I am familiar with that video, yes sir. Still I feel you are spreading misinformation at this point. You are entitled to your opinion, but I would like to see some facts. Daily injections and 1cc of fluid means nothing. And there is no dosage charts available from clinical trials (would love to be shown one if I am incorrect).

I am familiar with that video, yes sir. Still I feel you are spreading misinformation at this point. You are entitled to your opinion, but I would like to see some facts. Daily injections and 1cc of fluid means nothing. And there is no dosage charts available from clinical trials (would love to be shown one if I am incorrect).
    melontan dot org has a dose chart -- it is high (and it is a fair point to say it might be too high) and from the trials. if you go back through some old posts (can only search for last 25, but there are some threads if you troll for them) you'll see discussions of the O.G. trials and evidently some mod on the forum was involved in them.

further more, sideways, the mod there, has been banging the higher dosage drum (with good reasons) lately, there should be a thread there page one in the discussion area.

and lastly the best results with lots of pics for a true type 1 that i can see was from majik and he is not a very big person, but was up to 1.5mgs for quite some time.

i'm certainly not spreading misinformation, i can say unequivocally that my protection was a bit better than it might have been otherwise, and i did get the usual "sides", but my tanning was virtually nil on a daily dose averaging just about 1mg a day for over 40 days.

sideways on that board has also come up with some decent reasons (if theoretical) as to why underdosing might be a problem.

and here is a link to a research with a fairly high daily recommended dose.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8637402

that would be (for a 100kg man, smaller than i am and perhaps many members of this board) 2.5mg per day.

Blog Entries
    I appreciate the dialogue

I still have yet to see a dosing chart from a clinical trial on MT-II.

I seen many fads come and go from m.org. Sideways is very knowledgeable, I will take a look at some of his recent activity. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    and here is a link to a research with a fairly high daily recommended dose.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8637402

that would be (for a 100kg man, smaller than i am and perhaps many members of this board) 2.5mg per day.
    I appreciate that link jasper

I appreciate that link jasper
    NOW TELL ME THAT I'M NOT SPREADING MISINFO!!

AND THAT I'M HANDSOME AND SMART!!!

lol

oh, and i've seen more but due to not having linked them and not being able to search well on m org, i really can't reproduce them.

testamony from one of the board guys about a trial, and some papers that i mostly skimmed and wouldn't understand, but that said you need a big number (like too big if i remember correctly).

i did err on the side of what i thought was caution, and that basically amounted to getting a burn and throwing a cycle away. not giving up yet!

Blog Entries
    There are still just as many horror stories involving emergency rooms, vomiting, etc from taking doses near the original dosing chart posted on m.org

Glad to hear you havent given up! look forward to the success story

oh, i think at once those doses are hard.

i'm aiming for 2 (maybe 3 sometimes) a day injections, totaling 2-2.5 mgs tops. i'll also pop the zyrtec before each one, and ramp up to help get used to it. when i do the uv thing, i'll do either all of it right before, of half before, and half just a couple hours after, to really get those MSH guys working.

from what i've been reading what makes the most sense is you want the minimum dose that stimulates all (or enough, and i don't know what that number would be) MSH Rs as often as possible. the danger of too many injections is that you might underdose and only stim some receptors resulting in uneven results (or so the theory goes).

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information