Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: 40y/o Female Log

itsmybody is offline Female Member

40y/o Female Log

Decided to do this cause not much out there for women. Currently on 5th 4wk var cycle.
    This first post should bring most up to date.
    2 years ago (yes everyone starts somewhere) I started with 2 rounds P90x, 1 round Insanity...
    Fast Forward....
    1 year ago I joined a real gym and am more determined than ever to see where I can take this.
    Included are photos from Day 1 PRE ANYTHING
    to DAY 1 GYM AND WEIGHTS to 1 FULL YEAR GYM TIME AND 4 CYCLES VAR
    ***on day one gym time I got serious about diet and cutting...wanted to see what I was starting with...well...let's say...lots of work needs to be put in!
    Now...I will post my macros I have adhered to through all of this. Not many changes in them...until recently and well...I pigged out last month...think I needed it mentally as been through an entire slew of garbage since January so not looking forward to the next round of photos but even if I did slip on macros I have continued to put in the work AND know dropping body fat isn't my issue.
    So here it goes...
    6 day split
    Shoulders twice, Legs twice, Chest Bis Tris once and Back once per week, Abs 6x per week
    There has been ZERO cardio since last June 18 when I was completely shredded out for the first time in my life...naturally unless you count pre workout, BCAAs and protein powder. Even when doing cardio after joining the gym a year ago I kept it to 20 minutes post weights...and focus more on resistance training.
    MACROS...yes I EAT A LOT HOWEVER I ALSO WORK LONG HOURS 6 DAYS/WEEK AND HAVE A PHYSICALLY DEMANDING JOB

(pro/carb/fat) in grams all excruciatingly clean food sources split into 6 meals/day

Began: pro-170g carb-190g fat-70g
    After cutting for 6 weeks began adding more food gradually (NOT MUCH)
    Pro-180 Carb-190 Fat-80
    6 more weeks
    Pro-190 Carb-190 Fat-90
    6 more weeks
    Pro 200 Carb-200 Fat-90
    This is where I try to stay...but again...last month was awful. So what...dust the dirt off and focus!

Well that's it and hopefully this will help someone else see it's a continuous process and anything is possible if you bust your a** day in and day out. Now..time to go make delts. Have a great day and thank you for checking this log out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 40y/o Female Log-image-3938363309.jpg   40y/o Female Log-image-3530943655.jpg   40y/o Female Log-image-2206968287.jpg   40y/o Female Log-image-3398849961.jpg   40y/o Female Log-image-1321974412.jpg  

40y/o Female Log-image-3154571964.jpg   40y/o Female Log-image-1031200174.jpg  
    lovbyts and william981125 like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Great progress!

Glad your starting a log . It's great to see all you females logging your cycles!

Subscribed!

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    Great progress! Glad your starting a log . It's great to see all you females logging your cycles! Subscribed!
    Thank you! This forum is fantastic!!!! Def enjoy reading about the others experiences and comparing notes, finding solutions and learning all sorts of new things. This last year has been crazy and scary as this is still new and there are a billion questions new people have. Also please be patient while learning to navigate this site! It may take a minute.

More info...had to stop earlier...life demands
    Ok...all cycles have been 4wks on 4wks off
    Cycle 1-3 was 5mg
    Experience...
    Good stuff-crazy pumps, def strength gains, started hardening up within 4 days, hair and nails grew super fast, def increase in libido/sensitivity and an overall really good experience
    Bad stuff/sides-headache, irritable, increased hunger
    Cycle 4 was 10mg
    Good stuff-same as above and started adding a little size...of course body far was increasing cause of food so now the newbie thinks she is HUGE!!! Baaaa haaaa haaaaa not really but still feeling bigger
    Bad stuff-same as 5mg HOWEVER...week 3 started having major muscle cramping at night in hands, feet and calves...increased water but didn't help. Noticed an increase in heart rate...made sure to monitor it and since it was always in a safe range dealt with it for the full 4 weeks. The WORST though was after the cycle...major water retention, major joint pain. It was horrendous and lasted for 2 weeks.
    CYCLE 5...decided to keep it at 5mg as did not enjoy the cramping or the way I felt after stopping week 4 of 10mg.
    Currently 2 weeks into cycle 5 and will keep things posted.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Wow. Wow. Wow. U should be competing!!! Awesome transformation by diet and exercise alone. Impressive. Inspiring.

Now about your joint pain and headaches. Did u ever have your var tested? dry joints - a telling side of winny. Also the headaches.

Water retention, clit sensitivity all fall into typical AAS sides.

Did u notice any uptick in hair loss????

Thank you! Have def worked harder this year than ever in my life when it comes to this stuff and learned a ton of valuable lessons...not just physical ones either! Gonna have the var tested ASAP! So still unsure. Also going to check out Marcus log in a bit.

No hair loss so that's good and skin did break out a little bit after the 4th four week cycle but not during. You know what's strange...all of this makes me feel like the first time you stick your toe in water at the pool or beach...little by little you get used to it and little by little you get just a bit further along...

Lots of people either look at me strangely in the gym or ask if I compete. I did consider it last year but after that first shred I realized I was going to really have to concentrate on adding some size. It's taking awhile but there is no big hurry. Competing is super expensive from the research I have done so no need to do it prematurely...especially since I love doing this anyway.

I am really thinking you may have gotten winny. Winny is notorious for hair loss, dry joints and headaches. Winny is cheaper to make then var and primo.

I thought I had winny and maybe it was but severely underdosed. I did have more headaches on this.

Hmmmmm. I am interested in what you find out.

Competing is expensive. Everything about it! And I understand putting it off. You would need to put on some muscle, selectively.

Yes. The toe in water analogy is good. I am feeling the draw as I continue my cycle. It's the results that just have the feeling of accomplishment!!!

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Great transformation!!

Following

Today,
    5mg Anavar (seriously worried now it's not but am half way through 4 cycle and making progress, going to keep doing what I'm doing and should know in a cple days for sure what the heck I have been on now for 4 full cycles...joys of being new!)

Everything is harder and rounder
    Water retention is def present however this is our first heat wave (105) and have always had a problem with water retention and heat since pregnancy with twins.
    Strength is slowly inching up but also erring on the side of caution after the last cycle at 10mg/day...when I came off joint pain and muscle cramps were like nothing I ever experienced in my life...another reason why I opted to go back to 5mg/day.
    Weight has remained steady these last 2 weeks since starting and still sitting at 136
    Hunger...it hasn't gone away...swear I have been hungry for the entire last year since joining a gym and lifting weights.
    Skin...def more oily than normal but again sweating more due to heat.

Today's Lift
    Heads up...I am always able to say what weight I did however don't ever count reps...I go until I can not go anymore. Have learned that counting reps holds me back from reaching failure...kind of a mind game...its like...oh...I am close to the max reps better stop and then don't push to go to failure. That being said I do always get 4 solid reps...after that I have to force myself not to count and that's if I can do anymore.

Ok...so today was 4 sets of each movement and drop set 10 pounds every time twice except leg press where dropped 90 each time
    Single Leg Extensions
    4 sets/?reps/(50/40/30)
    Single Leg Hamstring curls
    4 sets/?reps/(40/30/20)
    Leg Press (wide super set with narrow stance)
    4 sets/?reps/(360/270/180)
    ***only include plate weight cause honestly
    no need to start that argument
    Squats WIDE DEEP AND BELOW PARALLEL
    4 sets/?reps/(185/165/145)
    Smith Machine Lunges
    2 sets each leg (65) don't count reps...it was
    my finisher
    Then quick single leg seated calves each leg 3 times alternating foot position. center, in, outward 30 pounds super squeeze till failure

The end
    Please don't be nitpicky... I'm still learning all these technical terms and gym language.

Thanks everyone for checking it out...NOW DINNER!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by itsmybody
    Today, 5mg Anavar (seriously worried now it's not but am half way through 4 cycle and making progress, going to keep doing what I'm doing and should know in a cple days for sure what the heck I have been on now for 4 full cycles...joys of being new!) Everything is harder and rounder Water retention is def present however this is our first heat wave (105) and have always had a problem with water retention and heat since pregnancy with twins. Strength is slowly inching up but also erring on the side of caution after the last cycle at 10mg/day...when I came off joint pain and muscle cramps were like nothing I ever experienced in my life...another reason why I opted to go back to 5mg/day. Weight has remained steady these last 2 weeks since starting and still sitting at 136 Hunger...it hasn't gone away...swear I have been hungry for the entire last year since joining a gym and lifting weights. Skin...def more oily than normal but again sweating more due to heat. Today's Lift Heads up...I am always able to say what weight I did however don't ever count reps...I go until I can not go anymore. Have learned that counting reps holds me back from reaching failure...kind of a mind game...its like...oh...I am close to the max reps better stop and then don't push to go to failure. That being said I do always get 4 solid reps...after that I have to force myself not to count and that's if I can do anymore. Ok...so today was 4 sets of each movement and drop set 10 pounds every time twice except leg press where dropped 90 each time Single Leg Extensions 4 sets/?reps/(50/40/30) Single Leg Hamstring curls 4 sets/?reps/(40/30/20) Leg Press (wide super set with narrow stance) 4 sets/?reps/(360/270/180) ***only include plate weight cause honestly no need to start that argument Squats WIDE DEEP AND BELOW PARALLEL 4 sets/?reps/(185/165/145) Smith Machine Lunges 2 sets each leg (65) don't count reps...it was my finisher Then quick single leg seated calves each leg 3 times alternating foot position. center, in, outward 30 pounds super squeeze till failure The end Please don't be nitpicky... I'm still learning all these technical terms and gym language. Thanks everyone for checking it out...NOW DINNER!!!!
    Workouts are personal and should be switched up periodically! Looks good. I leg day. I cannot get below parallel on squats. My back is very tight. Hamstrings tighter.

Do u stretch before and after?

The only thing that doesn't match up with winny sides is the water retention. Normally has a dry look to go along with the dry joints. Fish oil may help. MSM takes several weeks to load in system so maybe for next cycle!

I feel like a sponge in this high humidity. I took a diuretic this morning and haven't stopped peeling even after an hour of cardio. I had a little cramping this evening so just downed some water and now can wander too far from the loo. LoL

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat
    Workouts are personal and should be switched up periodically! Looks good. I leg day. I cannot get below parallel on squats. My back is very tight. Hamstrings tighter. Do u stretch before and after? The only thing that doesn't match up with winny sides is the water retention. Normally has a dry look to go along with the dry joints. Fish oil may help. MSM takes several weeks to load in system so maybe for next cycle! I feel like a sponge in this high humidity. I took a diuretic this morning and haven't stopped peeling even after an hour of cardio. I had a little cramping this evening so just downed some water and now can wander too far from the loo. LoL
    Just read your log...with ya on sponge factor! Ugh. Already on fish oil each morning for the last year...still thinkin a diuretic may be helpful.

Just read your log...with ya on sponge factor! Ugh. Already on fish oil each morning for the last year...still thinkin a diuretic may be helpful.
    If you are concerned about dry joints seems diuretic would make this worst.

If you are concerned about dry joints seems diuretic would make this worst.
    Very valid...gonna stick with the water retention. Muscles soreness is enough to live with. Heck probably need all the fluid now anyway with it bein 105 out.

I wanted to come back at you with the hunger. You said you have been hungry since you started lifting.

Why wouldn't you increase calories by a bit? 200 cal could help. Maybe you need to add some heathy fats to bring up the feeling of fullness.

I wanted to come back at you with the hunger. You said you have been hungry since you started lifting. Why wouldn't you increase calories by a bit? 200 cal could help. Maybe you need to add some heathy fats to bring up the feeling of fullness.
    Thank you for that recommendation. I had been seriously considering it but after last months disaster nutrition wise I opted not to change anything. I wasn't too awful bad but wasn't fabulous either and it was the first time in a full year that I strayed from my own obsessively strict macros...ex...I ate pizza one day, icecream the next, followed by poptarts n peanut butter 2 days later. The rest of the extra consumption was all the normal stuff...just more of it than usual. Ex...extra chicken, almonds, sweet potatoes, green veggies, brown rice. I felt kinda guilty but also realized that I had been seriously over the top strict for an entire year and I'm human. So for this cycle I decided I wanted to stay 100% on point with it before altering it to see where things are at and make sure all systems are regulated again before any manipulations. Being as nit picky and detailed as I am can sometimes be to my detriment but at other times a blessing. Also I am still in that awkward stage of adjusting to growing and learning what muscle looks like on me. Now I know I am bigger than ever in my life (which isn't big to begin with) but can not figure out if I really over did it or if this is what I'm supposed to look like while trying to cycle and add size to the bottom half. Seems in the last 3 months I have nearly blown up in that NOTHING FITS AT ALL! I know I still wake up with visible abs and have been told I'm 'round, full and filling out' but not sure if that is a polite gym way of saying YOUR GETTING FAT or actually a good thing. It's all really weird to see all these changes occurring after 40 years of your normal body. Wow that was some serious babbling. Again I am still learning and new so I always appreciate input and ideas. Maybe you have been through this stage too and understand where I'm at.

Daily update. Tomorrow marks the end of week 3.
    Still going with 5mg daily
    Tomorrow will also be testing day to see if my anavar is actually winny. If it is oh well...too late now and lesson learned...test your goods.
    Anyhow...sides are still the same only noticed skin was much more oily today. Not sure if it's the var or the 3rd day of 105 degree weather. Nothing that can not be managed with good hygiene. Of course have been exceptionally thirsty but this extra thirst is more likely due to the sudden jump in temperatures and the gym AC is not working.

Trained BACK
    WIDE GRIP PULLUPS
    4sets to failure
    ***did first set unassisted to failure
    (I count the unassisted cause Im
    freaking stoked that I can do
    them and today was 7! Up 1
    from last week...also I don't use
    momentum to get up...learned
    not to cheat right from the first
    day at gym)
    Last 3 sets assisted...went very slow, squeezed and paused at top.

CLOSE GRIP PULL UPS (palms facing eachother)
    4 sets to failure
    ***same as above with first set unassisted...made it to 4...the wide grip ones are harder for me so these were second and that's just how I like to do it
    Last 3 sets assisted to failure again slow and squeeze at top.

WIDE GRIP PULLDOWNS/SWEEPS SUPERSET
    Wide grip: 3/failure
    trying to go lighter on upper body to create balance with lower body.
    SWEEPS 3/failure
    Slow and Squeeze

CLOSE GRIP PULL DOWNS (palms facing each other) 3/failure
    SUPERSET with
    WIDE GRIP CABLE ROWS 3/failure
    SLOW AND SQUEEZE

CLOSE GRIP CABLE ROWS
    (palms facing each other) 3/failure
    SUPERSET with BARBELL ROWS
    3/failure
    SLOW AND SQUEEZE

DECLINE CRUNCHES SUPERSET WITH BACK EXTENSIONS
    SLOW AND SQUEEZE

Since I am using lower weight I concentrate on going really slow and squeezing as much as possible to emphasize the isolation.

Pretty exhausted from the heat and packing to move 6 hours away this weekend...hoping for cooler temps! Have a great evening!!!!

Thank you for that recommendation. I had been seriously considering it but after last months disaster nutrition wise I opted not to change anything. I wasn't too awful bad but wasn't fabulous either and it was the first time in a full year that I strayed from my own obsessively strict macros...ex...I ate pizza one day, icecream the next, followed by poptarts n peanut butter 2 days later. The rest of the extra consumption was all the normal stuff...just more of it than usual. Ex...extra chicken, almonds, sweet potatoes, green veggies, brown rice. I felt kinda guilty but also realized that I had been seriously over the top strict for an entire year and I'm human. So for this cycle I decided I wanted to stay 100% on point with it before altering it to see where things are at and make sure all systems are regulated again before any manipulations. Being as nit picky and detailed as I am can sometimes be to my detriment but at other times a blessing. Also I am still in that awkward stage of adjusting to growing and learning what muscle looks like on me. Now I know I am bigger than ever in my life (which isn't big to begin with) but can not figure out if I really over did it or if this is what I'm supposed to look like while trying to cycle and add size to the bottom half. Seems in the last 3 months I have nearly blown up in that NOTHING FITS AT ALL! I know I still wake up with visible abs and have been told I'm 'round, full and filling out' but not sure if that is a polite gym way of saying YOUR GETTING FAT or actually a good thing. It's all really weird to see all these changes occurring after 40 years of your normal body. Wow that was some serious babbling. Again I am still learning and new so I always appreciate input and ideas. Maybe you have been through this stage too and understand where I'm at.
    It's an adjustment. After a year of eating clean you are bound to have a misstep. Some ppl have a cheat meal once a week. It's planned and targeted and limited to once per week unlike your misstep. You may benefit from this approach.

Daily update. Tomorrow marks the end of week 3. Still going with 5mg daily Tomorrow will also be testing day to see if my anavar is actually winny. If it is oh well...too late now and lesson learned...test your goods. Anyhow...sides are still the same only noticed skin was much more oily today. Not sure if it's the var or the 3rd day of 105 degree weather. Nothing that can not be managed with good hygiene. Of course have been exceptionally thirsty but this extra thirst is more likely due to the sudden jump in temperatures and the gym AC is not working. Trained BACK WIDE GRIP PULLUPS 4sets to failure ***did first set unassisted to failure (I count the unassisted cause Im freaking stoked that I can do them and today was 7! Up 1 from last week...also I don't use momentum to get up...learned not to cheat right from the first day at gym) Last 3 sets assisted...went very slow, squeezed and paused at top. CLOSE GRIP PULL UPS (palms facing eachother) 4 sets to failure ***same as above with first set unassisted...made it to 4...the wide grip ones are harder for me so these were second and that's just how I like to do it Last 3 sets assisted to failure again slow and squeeze at top. WIDE GRIP PULLDOWNS/SWEEPS SUPERSET Wide grip: 3/failure trying to go lighter on upper body to create balance with lower body. SWEEPS 3/failure Slow and Squeeze CLOSE GRIP PULL DOWNS (palms facing each other) 3/failure SUPERSET with WIDE GRIP CABLE ROWS 3/failure SLOW AND SQUEEZE CLOSE GRIP CABLE ROWS (palms facing each other) 3/failure SUPERSET with BARBELL ROWS 3/failure SLOW AND SQUEEZE DECLINE CRUNCHES SUPERSET WITH BACK EXTENSIONS SLOW AND SQUEEZE Since I am using lower weight I concentrate on going really slow and squeezing as much as possible to emphasize the isolation. Pretty exhausted from the heat and packing to move 6 hours away this weekend...hoping for cooler temps! Have a great evening!!!!
    I have not mastered chin ups. Working my plan.

It occurs to me that I am impatient. You have been at this for 2 years. I shouldn't expect much in only 2 or 3 months.

Keep trying every time without an assist. Even if you only can pull up an inch just hold it there. These took the longest as my friend made me do them right from the start hanging straight down like dead weight. Once I got one they started to flow...took about 8-9 months! You will get it!!!!

Keep trying every time without an assist. Even if you only can pull up an inch just hold it there. These took the longest as my friend made me do them right from the start hanging straight down like dead weight. Once I got one they started to flow...took about 8-9 months! You will get it!!!!
    I have a bookmarked site at home and female trainer suggests that lat pull downs and assisted pull ups do little to NOTHING to improve chin ups. Her recommendation is to hang first and improve grip strength, progressing to engaging lats with one inch in lift and increasing with time. She does offer a few exercises that mimic the muscles in the way they are engaged during pull up and it includes lying on the floor in front of a cable machine locked in lowest position.

I also need to loose 20 lbs. it will be much easier!!!

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    I disagree that pulldowns don't help, you just need to be pulling your weight or above your weight. I see men at the gym doing assisted and I want to bitch slap them. I am 270ish, pull ups and chins are difficult, buit I do them every workout, it is a challenge to try and do more every week.

I think there are a billion variations of chin ups and pull ups but do think they are two different movements and that although they both strengthen everything throughout the upper body imo the wide grip pull ups and the close grip (palms facing each other) pull ups are more effective at isolating the muscles I am trying to improve on. But...I'm not a trainer or a professional in the industry. I just love this stuff. Keep practicing and you will get it! Also agree trying just one a day for a while and hanging there should def help.

Sorry to miss a day...this is a seriously crazy week/weekend yesterday was legs and today chest/bi/triceps. Will post that info at end.
    Nutrition-on point again...literally so over the top and determined like a lot of y'all everything is pre measured and pre portioned for each week so staying on top of it isn't so difficult and less room to eat too much/little if it's all prepped in advance.
    Sides/Changes
    well...oily skin and a tiny breakout.
    Water retention is stickin around a bit but getting better as the body gets used to the 100+ weather. Last cycle joint pain was deadly but it may have been due to not enough water. This time no matter what I consume 1.5gal-2gal daily. The 2gal mark is helping a ton. It's not nearly as bad.
    Mood-have come to the conclusion that this stuff just amplifies whatever mood I am in...when happy, it's 10 fold. When stressed, irritated, grumpy it's 20 fold. Basically going through the day keeping this in mind when someone pisses me off so I don't snap on them.
    Libido...skyrocketing still...could be fun if I wasn't single!
    Strength...def up...lifts are certainly getting easier and adding weight is no issue. Typically a 5/10 pound increment.
    Focus...at an all time high hence creating a very bad mood if anyone gets in the way. Again trying to be conscious of this and breathe through it.
    Pumps/Vascularity...not quite as much as last cycle however it was 10mg versus 5mg and I'm ok with that cause I do not want to experience locked joints again. Especially in hands and feet when trying to work or sleep.
    Sleep...finally tried 5mg melotonin last night...been waking up every 2 hours like clockwork for months now. It was a very happy moment when I actually slept for 5 straight hours last night. Def gonna take it again tonight.
    Size...noticeable difference in how clothing fits...aka...even the 'big girl' clothing of the past is too tight. Makes me happier than a pig in sh*t cause it let's me know things are def changing.
    Weight...again I am trying to add mass not lean out so it's gone up since last summer when I completely shredded out about 15 pounds...was elated when I joined the buck thirty five club without much wiggle....big celebration day!!!!
    That's it for now.
    Now as promised yesterday was Legs...I despise doing Back the day before Legs however it was the only way I could work it in to line up with split this week. Trying to hit legs 3x per week...focussing on isolation 2 days and compound movements on the third. Apparently I have what is referred to a meso-ectomorph body and this seems to be working better than doing legs 2 days a week.
    LEG EXTENSIONS (one leg at a time...drop set twice, 10 sets) at the end I think I'm gonna die but don't give a rats behind...quads have decided to finally join the party...those badboys are LATE!
    LEG PRESS (10 sets wide stance super setted with close stance, drop set twice) again at the end there are some whimpers but gladly accept the whimpers since things are changing for the better.
    ...and to end on a beautiful note...
    WEIGHTED WALKING LUNGES (4 sets of 25)

That was it. Took forever and don't care about that either. Gym time is my time. The End

Today's Enjoyment
    (Chest Bis Tris)
    As an added bonus got to have best friend (guy) who I haven't seen in 3 years go with me. It was my normal routine but absolutely kicked his a** and he will never lift with me again. THANK GOD! Not to be mean but I don't have time to stop every 20 secs.
    MACHINE CHEST FLYS
    Superset with PUSH UPS
    3 sets...push-ups change from military, to wide
    to standard with each set
    INCLINE DUMBBELL PRESS
    Superset with PUSH UPS
    3 sets...same as above
    FLAT DUMBBELL PRESS
    3 sets
    BARBELL BICEP CURLS
    3 drop sets
    DUMBBELL BICEP CURLS
    3 sets, both arms and then each arm to failure
    DUMBBELL HAMMER CURLS
    3 sets, both arms then each arm to failure
    TRICEP DIPS
    3 sets
    SKULL CRUSHERS
    3 sets
    CABLE TRICEP PUSH/PULL DOWNS
    3 sets

Then went and helped move an oversize sleeper sofa and love seat up 4 flights of stairs.
    Body hurts from top to bottom...thank Jesus for anavar and speedy recoveries. Pretty certain I may have overdone it.

Before anyone gets all fired up...yes failure every single time. Alway go with a 1 count on the positive and a 4 count on the negative.

Some people like to hit the gym and destroy the session in 45-60 minutes...not so much me...I take my time, focus on isolating and timing and enjoy every single second of it. So if it takes 2 hours I'm not bothered one bit what else would I be doing anyway? I don't drink, don't go to bars, don't eat out and don't watch tv.

Enjoy your weekend and have some fun...tomorrow is a much needed rest day!

Oh Monday....Best day to do Legs...everybody is hitting chest like freaking King Kong and I'm like...hell yeah...squat racks for yours truly!

In Atlanta this week so got to try a new gym. Very nice with a pool and sauna...it was fancy but no time for that craziness...this gal has goals!!!

Ques. Been doing 4 week cycles...don't like how I feel when coming off...birthday is in 2 weeks so thinking of adding an extra week so things don't get weird during bday. What do y'all think?

Ok...Today was Only 3 movements.
    Lying Hamstring Curls...10 drop sets, each individual leg. Strength def up. Able to do 45/35/25 for the first 6 sets...of course after that things get super tough but upping legs to 3x per week with this split is def helping growth while paired with the var. Even starting to walk weird all the time cause not used to thighs being like this.
    Squats...10 drop sets...FAILURE BELOW PARALLEL 165/145/125...again as the set continues I get fewer and fewer reps. By the end today I was barely able to do 2 at 165 with good form. Def did something right though cause at the end I puked. Some think that's gross...I think it's freaking awesome and signifies Job Well Done.
    Finished off with 2 sets of 25 squats with just the squat bar and 4 sets of 30 weighted (40lb) walking lunges.
    It was a good lift!
    Now to keep that drive going while away from the home gym with so many temptations.
    davesah1 likes this.

When did u start having joint pain 4th week right? But u were on higher dose. You have to decide if get joint pain post cycle will that pain be worth the minor birthday indiscretions?!?!

4 week cycle. Why so short? Some members like lower dose longer cycles for females. Less sides but quality gains over longer duration.

Lifts are insane. I haven't puked yet. Came close once but disappointed I didn't hurl.

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Interesting log itsmybody!

Subscribed.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Quote Originally Posted by kelkel
    Interesting log itsmybody! Subscribed.
    Thank you and thank you for subscribing. It's kind of a really cool way to keep track of stuff. Hope it may help someone else. Not sure how many others are like me but there are so many unknowns with this for noobs and a lot of times I'm too shy to ask so it's good to be able to read other peoples stuff too.

When did u start having joint pain 4th week right? But u were on higher dose. You have to decide if get joint pain post cycle will that pain be worth the minor birthday indiscretions?!?! 4 week cycle. Why so short? Some members like lower dose longer cycles for females. Less sides but quality gains over longer duration. Lifts are insane. I haven't puked yet. Came close once but disappointed I didn't hurl.
    4 weeks on 4 weeks off. I like the conservative approach. It's long enough for me to see changes still so will stick with it until I feel more comfortable or like the body requires more. It's def not a race for me as I enjoy it and don't have a deadline...well unless I die training geeze then I would know I went a little extreme!!!

4 weeks on 4 weeks off. I like the conservative approach. It's long enough for me to see changes still so will stick with it until I feel more comfortable or like the body requires more. It's def not a race for me as I enjoy it and don't have a deadline...well unless I die training geeze then I would know I went a little extreme!!!
    It's obviously working for you

I have been reading more on pct for females - highly debated subject. With shorter lower dose cycle seems less need.

It's obviously working for you I have been reading more on pct for females - highly debated subject. With shorter lower dose cycle seems less need.
    Ty for the input and the compliment. You are correct about PCT for females, have read the same thing. Also considering maybe tapering off next week with 2.5mg for the week. Ugh.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Very interesting, your back looks awesome in your avi, btw!

So have you thought about competing! For yr round you stay damn lean mad props!

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    Very interesting, your back looks awesome in your avi, btw! So have you thought about competing! For yr round you stay damn lean mad props!
    Thank you as does yours...maybe if I keep going I will catch up to your wings!
    ....the year round lean thing....not sure how that is happening with everything I have been eating. Scale has been slowly creeping up since last June with a slow introduction of extra fats and proteins and zero cardio. Almost certain it's because I stick to all basics and rarely stray. Not feeling so lean right now w/the water retention due to the var combined with heat n humidity. Hello water buffaloitus! Def on the fence about incorporating cardio again to alleviate the water given it's taken a full year to get to where I'm at now. Scared to death to lose to fast and burn up all the hard work.
    ...competing...maybe next year....big time perfectionist and fully understand the importance of balance and symmetry. Thinking the legs need another full winter before I'm going to be able to be proportionate. Trying to lay off upper body and go lighter BUT ITS SO HARD CAUSE IT MAKES ME FEEL LAZY! There have been some people saying do compete now but you have to be mentally ready and confident before stepping on stage. Literally only started to lift about 2 years ago for fun and didn't get serious until last April. Then decided to accessorize (var) in March...that was 48 weeks into a determination to grow the wheels or die! Wanted to be sure to build a decent foundation before adding any extra help. Really excited to see where things are after this cycle...time will tell and we really can't rush this stuff so putting in the work and praying for the best. Wow...sorry for rambling...bad habit
    NACH3 likes this.

I have no ambition to compete. I encourage you to read logs in competitive lifting forum if you haven't. It seems the first comp is a learning experience in itself. Many report learned what to do, what not to do and the judges comments gave them the insight for next show. Practice perfect poses including the smiles and making connection to audience and judges. Some peak too early. Added carbs too late.

Anyone who steps on stage is a winner IMHO.
    sd972 likes this.

I have no ambition to compete. I encourage you to read logs in competitive lifting forum if you haven't. It seems the first comp is a learning experience in itself. Many report learned what to do, what not to do and the judges comments gave them the insight for next show. Practice perfect poses including the smiles and making connection to audience and judges. Some peak too early. Added carbs too late. Anyone who steps on stage is a winner IMHO.
    I agree that just getting up there def makes them a winner and shows nerves of steel!

Competing is a hard decision for me. I love what I'm doing, have since day one. Concerned with all the horror stories that it will taint something I truly enjoy doing.

I have no ambition to compete. I encourage you to read logs in competitive lifting forum if you haven't. It seems the first comp is a learning experience in itself. Many report learned what to do, what not to do and the judges comments gave them the insight for next show. Practice perfect poses including the smiles and making connection to audience and judges. Some peak too early. Added carbs too late. Anyone who steps on stage is a winner IMHO.
    Agree, anyone who gets on stage is def a winner! Not to mention it shows nerves of steel!
    One of my biggest concerns with competing is that I truly enjoy what we do. I don't want competing to ever take away from something I enjoy and have heard/read so many horror stories. Not sure it's worth the risk.

Somehow got lost on the forum and didn't update this log yesterday.

Out of town this week so it's been a new gym daily. Mond location was great...yesterday not so much and today's location was moderate...really need to find one that isn't so froo froo!!!! I don't need bells n whistles to take care of what I come to do. The less is more approach seems to be the happy place for me. Old school lifts and old school equipment...tomorrow the search continues as I may permanently be moving here for work.

SIDES UPDATE:::::
    Still quick to get grumpy and impatient
    Hair and Nails are growing super fast, kind of cool and kind of a pain.
    Appetite has gone down, may be all the excitement of being out of town.
    Still can not sleep through the night...wake up every 2 hours regardless of taking 10mg melatonin or not. May up that dosage. Sleep has been an issue for a full year now and it's catching up to me. Probably the biggest drawback of doing all the training. It was an issue before var and continues to be.
    Still holding water however it seems to be slowly going down some. This of course is probably because it's not quite as humid here and been consuming roughly 2 gallons water daily.

Yesterday TUESDAY BACK DAY
    Still trying to go lighter and stick with increased reps to allow time for legs to balance. This is gonna take eons. Sucks cause going full throttle is my favorite. All this light weight and a billion reps with major concentration on isolating the muscle, squeezing and keeping a good pace gets irritating. It is necessary though....

If you look back in this log you will see that I posted Back Day details before. Did the same thing. Bottom line, I am a methodical meticulous person who believes in extreme consistency to get exactly where I am trying to go over time. Only change is yesterday I only did 3 sets versus 4.

Today, DELTS
    Again same as previous post only 3 sets versus 4. I still am on the fence about adding cardio into the mix so as any logical person would do, left it out until I'm really ready to tackle it. Then it will be very short 20 min maximum HIIT. That's all I do and that's all it takes for me to lean out. Thank God cause that stuff drives me ape sh*t!!!'

Oh and yesterday's newest discovery....
    Wait for it....
    SWEET MOTHER MARY I HAVE PEC CLEAVAGE!
    Welcome to the party Pecs, nice to meet you, y'all are pretty dang cute!!!!!!
    (Yeah, I think they are cute...you guys probably just vomited in your mouths a little so if need be you can call them bad ass and I wouldn't disagree)

PEC cleavage. Funny!!!! Something to be proud of

Sides Are very different on us gals.

You can't sleep. I can't get enough sleep.

Not noticing any change in hair and nails growth.

Both have water retention.

Interesting.

PEC cleavage. Funny!!!! Something to be proud of Sides Are very different on us gals. You can't sleep. I can't get enough sleep. Not noticing any change in hair and nails growth. Both have water retention. Interesting.
    Thanks! I like this new cleavage thing. It's cracking me up!
    Sides....it is strange how they aren't the same. Guess all of our bodies respond differently.
    How are you @girly?

Thanks! I like this new cleavage thing. It's cracking me up! Sides....it is strange how they aren't the same. Guess all of our bodies respond differently. How are you @girly?

I am better today but extremely fatigued. Work. Stressful. Too many hours. Need vacation.

Yesterday I had a moment and was wondering if my response wasn't related to cycle. Irritable. Atypical for me. Gonna keep an eye on this and protect against it.

I am better today but extremely fatigued. Work. Stressful. Too many hours. Need vacation. Yesterday I had a moment and was wondering if my response wasn't related to cycle. Irritable. Atypical for me. Gonna keep an eye on this and protect against it.
    Hear ya loud and clear about work, stress and hours. That irritability factor is bad for me while on cycle. It makes me have zero patience with people. I'm already that way to begin with but rarely speak up, find while on cycle I am more prone to snapping off for real....sometimes good/sometimes not so good but have to keep and eye on it too. The worst is when driving...hello potty mouth Patty!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information