Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Priapism is offline Junior Member
    By the way - ANDF i checked out the Lean Muscle diet thread you suggested: HERE IS...gain lean muscle mass kind of diet... this guy is recommending 300 grams of Carbs per day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cytogainer made me FAT around the middle and that stuff only had 240g per day. Thoughts???

-P-

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by Priapism
    Why did you go back on the shakes?

The logic everyone here is giving me is that I can replace those high carb shakes with solid foods and not get fat ...

AandF - thank you for your continued input. Its really valuable to me. Here's a little more background for you. My typical diet leading up to those "after" pics was basically cytogainer 2 or 3 times a day, with taco bell or pizza hut at night once or twice a week, sometimes KFC ... and sometimes just subway - foot long with chips and soda. Seriously. That's the diet Ive been doing. Maybe a rubios burrito.

So I dump the gainer and all that extra crap it gives me. Thats good. And now im taking in protein and clean carbs. So this has got to be good for me.

On a side note, I have been significantly more sore than while on Cytogainer. Is that a good sign? That im actually working the muscle more, or that I am deficient in something which was there previously?

Last question - what do you suggest for a dinner on this regimen. By dinner time Ive had 1 or 2 chicken breasts, ive had my oats, Ive had a couple eggs ... and i find myself without anything to eat.

Thanks!

-P-
    Tuna, tilapia, steak, salmon, all kinds of stuff dude.

Does cytogainer have creatine?

I took that crap for a while and yeah, it made me pretty pudgy. I don't know why. Complex carbs like brown rice, wheat bread, oatmeal, etc. are much much better. I eat probably 350-400g per day and I'm a lot leaner than when I was taking cytogainer.
    Last edited by AandF6969; 10-15-2007 at 02:27 AM.

SmallSucks is offline Junior Member
    I would definatley limit the egg yolks to only 1 and up the egg whites to about 8 or 10, 1 egg white only has 17 calories and 3.6 grams off protein, I just make a couple dozen at a time and snack on them when im absolutely starving...Just a thought..

Raven88 is offline Associate Member
    I've been following your thread and I believe you are true to this and really want some genuine help here. I will lay out my diet for you when I was seeking the same goals you appear to be seeking at this time. Take it for what it's worth, but I will tell you that you will shed bf% and retain LBM with this diet...this diet incorporates several different protocols for inducing maximal fat-loss while at the same time helping to preserve lean muscle tissue.

Run this diet for 4 weeks and I think you will be amazed.

Here is one week:

Day 1

Macro ratio: Low Carb/High Fat/High Protien

Wake up:
    2 glasses of water

Breakfast:
    2 large whole eggs cooked w/ 1 tbsp butter
    1 slice of bacon
    1 glass of water
    Multi-V/mineral formula
    1 serving 0mega 3, 6, and 9 fatty acids

Snack:
    1-once cheddar cheese square
    1 glass of water

Pre-lunch:
    2 glasses of water

Lunch:
    Grilled sirloin cooked w/ olive oil & spice
    1 cup mixed veggies
    1 glass of water

Snack:
    1 whole hard boiled egg
    1 glass of water

Pre-dinner:
    2 glasses of water

Dinner:
    Grilled salmon cooked w/ olive oil & spice
    1 cup steamed asparagus
    1 glass of water

Snack:
    1-ounce cheddar cheese square
    1 glass of water

Day 2

Macro ratio: Low Carb/Low fat/High Protien

Wake up:
    2 glasses of water

Breakfast:
    3 large egg whites cooked w/ olive oil cook spray
    1 thin slice of ham
    1 glass of water
    Multi-V/mineral formula

Snack:
    1 skim milk mozzarella cheese stick
    1 glass of water

Pre-lunch:
    2 glasses of water

Lunch:
    Grilled lemon pepper chicken breast
    2 cups mixed green salad, 1 lemon wedge, 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
    1 glass of water

Snack:
    2-ounce sliced turkey roll
    1 glass of water

Pre-dinner:
    2 glasses of water

Dinner:
    Grilled swordfish steak w/ spice and lemon
    1 cup steamed broccoli
    Lemon wedge
    1 glass of water

Snack:
    1 scoop whey protien powder with 2 glasses of water.
    Sweeten to taste with splenda if needed.

Day 3

Macro ratio: Moderate Carb/Low fat/High Protien

Wake up:
    2 glasses of water

Breakfast:
    1/2 cup oat bran
    6 oz. tomato juice
    1 glass of water
    Multi-V/mineral formula

Snack:
    1/2 cup non-fat cottage cheese
    1/2 cup strawberries
    1 glass of water

Pre-lunch
    2 glasses of water

Lunch:
    Grilled tuna steak w/ spice & lemon
    1 cup whole grain wild rice
    1 cup mixed green salad, 1 Lemon wedge, 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
    1 glass of water

Snack:
    1 non-fat, sugar-free fruit yogurt
    1 glass of water

Pre-dinner:
    2 glasses of water

Dinner:
    Grilled filet mignon w/ spice
    1 cup green beans
    Baked potato w/ 4 sprays of spray butter
    1 glass of water

Snack:
    1 scoop whey protien w/ 2 glasses of water.
    Sweeten to taste w/ splenda if needed.

Days 4-7 to follow...

Day 4

Macro ratio: Low carb/High Fat/High Protien

Wake up:
    2 glasses of water

Breakfast:
    2 large whole eggs cooked w/ 1 tbsp of butter
    1 sausage link
    1 glass of water
    Multi-V/mineral formula
    1 serving 0mega 3,6, and 9 Fatty acids

Snack:
    1 whole hard boiled egg
    1 glass of water

Pre-lunch:
    2 glasses of water

Lunch:
    Grilled NY strip w/ olive oil and spice
    1 cup steamed squash
    1 glass of water

Snack:
    1 ounce cheddar cheese square
    1 glass of water

Pre-dinner:
    2 glasses of water

Dinner:
    Fried ground beef patty w/ olive oil and spice
    1 cup steamed spinach
    1 glass of water

Snack:
    1 whole egg
    1 glass of water

Day 5

Macro ratio: Low carb/Low fat/High Protien

Wake up:
    2 glasses of water

Breakfast:
    1 thin slice of ham
    1 glass of water
    Multi-V/mineral formula

Snack:
    2 ounce sliced turkey roll
    1 glass of water

Pre-lunch:
    2 glasses of water

Lunch:
    Grilled tuna steak w/ lemon & spice
    2 cups mixed green salad, 1 lemon wedge, 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
    1 glass of water

Snack:
    1 low-fat mozzarella cheese stick
    1 glass of water

Pre-dinner:
    2 glasses of water

Dinner:
    Grilled pork tenderloin w/ spice
    1 cup steamed broccoli
    1 glass of water

Snack:

Day 6

Macro ratio: Moderate carb/low fat/ High protien

Wake up:
    2 glasses of water

Breakfast:
    1/2 cup oat bran
    6 oz. tomato juice
    1 glass of water
    Multi-V/mineral formula

Snack:
    1/2 cup non-fat cottage cheese
    1/2 cup blueberries
    1 glass of water

Pre-lunch:
    2 glasses of water

Lunch:
    Grilled chicken breast w/ spice
    1 cup whole grain pasta
    2 cups green salad, 1 lemon wedge, 1 tbsp balsamic vineger
    1 glass of water

Snack:
    1 non-fat, sugar-free fruit yogurt
    1 glass of water

Pre-dinner:
    2 glasses of water

Dinner:
    Grilled seasoned London broil steak slices
    1 ear steamed corn on the cob
    Baked potato w/ 4 sprays of spray butter
    1 glass of water

Snack:

Day 7

Eat as much food as you wish of any combination.

"Cheat" day!

Good luck!

Raven, thank you a ton for writing that out. Unbelievable help. Seriously. And trust me, I have been planning for cheat day for quite some time. Sometimes I lay in bed and daydream of what it will include. Im thinking chocolate chip cookies, some pizza, an icy pepsi ... maybe some Lard .. couple gallons of peanut butter ... no jelly though. Dont want to get fat.

Some questions:

1) Can egg fat (yolk) make you fat? On Fitday it attributes 40% of my diet to "FAT" calories purely because of the egg yolks. These are "good fats" however, so Im told. Im told not to fear the yolk. "Dont fear the yolk" they say. I much prefer sunnyside up eggs with yolk to without... and oddly enough I get a serious headache when I eat nothing but the whites. Weird. But I dont want tons of fat .... so ... 1 yolk only as finger guy suggested above?

2) I had two chocolate chip cookies last night and two just now. Im a loser. Must punish self.

3) Raven, which days are "workout days" on your regimen? Or did you not eat any differently on workout days? Im almost convinced one should (and clearly im a nutrition expert after 3 solid days of being here).

4) Are you the hot blonde or the guy?

-P-
    Last edited by Priapism; 10-15-2007 at 08:46 PM.

Egg yolks are definitely not "good fats", they are heavily saturated. I usually put 2 full eggs in with 8-10 whites. Tastes pretty good.

Raven - I didn't see any postworkout nutrition on your diet, what did you do for that?

SdiZZle is offline Associate Member
    Yo priapism, you've been all over my thread, so here you go-

Diet- know this- your body reacts almost opposite of how you would think- cut down fat, body stores more, cut down carbs too much, body stores more, cut down water, body stores more- cutting down is not the answer. The answer is MORE- you need more food, and more training. build a diet and stay away from the mirror for 2 weeks. it sounds like you tweak you diet every day based on what you see in the mirror. You body is a system striving for balance, and it take TIME for the changes you make to benefit you.

It sounds boring (and it is) but I eat the same thing for 7 out of 8 meals a day, the exception being sunday when I let myself go for sanity. Set up a diet (look at the forum) and stick with it, every day, for months, not one day, then I feel fat so no more ect. do 3500 kcal a day, 200 g+ protein and bulk. Slam 20lbs of muscle on your frame and see how much easier it is to shed fat! (more muscle=more kcals burned, even when sleeping!) Then go on a cut diet, (but nothing stupid like 0 fat 0 carb or anything like that) and you'll look like your man there.

As far as AAS goes- GO FOR IT! why not? and forget all these stacks, you need this, that BS - first cycle? TEST only - ask anthony roberts. You've read my thread, up 16 lbs in 3 wks 3 days on test only, and 8 1/2 weeks to go.

S

"It is fashionable to eat only egg whites nowadays because the yolk contains some fat and the egg white does not. However, I never do this. The yolk contains as much protein as the egg white, as well as the majority of the vitamins and minerals. If you feel the need to limit the fat in your diet, I recommend you do so by eliminating other foods, not by throwing away what is in many ways the best part of the egg."

Arnold Schwarzenegger
    The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding

Opinions seem to be varied on the egg issue. I knew the fear of cholesterol was a hotly debated issue, with the final conclusion being that its harmless. Finding out the "fats" in the yolk might not be good is brand new for me though.

Raven, if this diet works, Im sending you 20 concubines.

-P-

Quote Originally Posted by SdiZZle
    "It is fashionable to eat only egg whites nowadays because the yolk contains some fat and the egg white does not. However, I never do this. The yolk contains as much protein as the egg white, as well as the majority of the vitamins and minerals. If you feel the need to limit the fat in your diet, I recommend you do so by eliminating other foods, not by throwing away what is in many ways the best part of the egg."
    We've learned a lot since Arnold's days, especially about diet and nutrition.

1- this version was published in 1998 dumb ass

2- do you look like arnold?

3- What do you know about eggs? site me some definite research here please. Here is my gut opinion - nature made yolk to feed growing baby organisms. It is packed with energy, protein, and nutrients to meet this goal. As Arnold says- look elsewhere to trim fat (I'm sure you'll find it)- why trim fat from something so good for you?

Are you an expert on nutrition (even if you are your probably mostly full of sh*t)?

Don't spout crap about Arnold's day this or that when you don't even know what you are talking about.

Eggs

Long vilified by well-meaning doctors and scientists for their high cholesterol content, eggs are now making a bit of a comeback. Recent research by Harvard investigators has shown that moderate egg consumption--up to one a day--does not increase heart disease risk in healthy individuals.(5) While it's true that egg yolks have a lot of cholesterol--and, therefore may slightly affect blood cholesterol levels--eggs also contain nutrients that may help lower the risk for heart disease, including protein, vitamins B12 and D, riboflavin, and folate.

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/fats.html

Yeah, that says harvard.edu - do you have a better source?

Owned

1- this version was published in 1998 dumb ass
    Actually it was originally written in 1985 and was probably not revised for the second publishing. Also, this is a non-flaming policy board. Mind the rules or you may find yourself banned.

2- do you look like arnold?
    Nope. I'd be willing to bet I look a lot more like Arnold than you do, though. Since you're 164 lbs (plus water from your cycle)

Looking great dude. No, seriously. You're TOTALLY ready for a cycle.

3- What do you know about eggs? site me some definite research here please. Here is my gut opinion - nature made yolk to feed growing baby organisms. It is packed with energy, protein, and nutrients to meet this goal. As Arnold says- look elsewhere to trim fat (I'm sure you'll find it)- why trim fat from something so good for you?

Are you an expert on nutrition (even if you are your probably mostly full of sh*t)?

Don't spout crap about Arnold's day this or that when you don't even know what you are talking about.
    Nope. Not an expert on nutrition, but I've had great results with my own diet and training whether it be bulking or cutting, and placed second in a bodybuilding show a year ago. I've been certified as a personal trainer for two years and have helped multiple clients achieve their fitness goals through training and diet. I started lifting at 140 lbs 5 years ago, and am now at 215 with a lower bodyfat percentage. My results, and the results of my clients speak for themselves.

There's my credentials, how about you? Oh.. you've just been lifting for 7 years and can't break that challenging 170 lb. barrier without steroids . Sounds like you need to check your OWN diet knowledge bud.

It must be hard being 5'6" tall. I bet people don't take you seriously very often. They probably make fun of you too. Oh well, at least you have the internet you can get on and still act like a bad ass.
    Owned
    Last edited by AandF6969; 10-16-2007 at 01:37 AM.

Dizzle, the testosterone is making you want to beat the sh*t out of anything that gets in your way. Hahaha... BUT ... We're all here as friends - AandF has been a big help. Keep in mind we're all on the same side here ... especially you two because you're both seriously seeking excellence in your nutrition and physique. Same team. Brothers. F*ck the eggs. They just make me fart. And since flatulence is awesome, i will continue eating them. Take out the aggression on the weights in the gym, and kiss and make up right now ... over some scrambled eggs.

Remember - BROTHERS.

-P-

AandF - I got a buddy who is 245 and was a soccer player in college. 33 now and due to stress and "life" put on tons of weight. He's trying to lift hard and get big under all his fat, rather than bite the bullet and suffer for weeks and months on a diet that will make him feel frail and weak.

Both of us have decided we may take a stab at the typed out diet above from Raven. He commented that it looks good but we might want to substitute the cheese and (something else, cant remember). Whats your thought on that diet? It does seem to be that he has a moderate carb day and a low carb day. I assume the moderate carb day is your answer on the PWO nutrition question. Do you concur with his diet or see any major flaws in it?

-P-

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    Meal 1 - 5 egg whites (cal 80, pro18), Oats 60g (cal222 carb38 pro9 fat4), 1scoop whey (cal112, carb2.5, pro23, fat1.5). sprinkle cinnamon. TOTALS - Cal 414, carbs 40 pro 50, Fat 6

WORKOUT

PWO - 1 scoop whey (cal112, carb2, pro23, fat2), WMS 40g (cal140 carb34) TOTALS – Cal252, carbs36, pro23 fat 2

PPWO -- 5 egg whites (cal 80, pro18), Oats 60g (cal222 carb38 pro9 fat4), 1scoop whey (cal112, carb2.5, pro23, fat1.5). sprinkle cinnamon. TOTALS - Cal 414, carbs 40, pro 50, Fat 6

meal 4 - 150g chicken (cal247 pro46 fat4) EFA Oil (cal83 fat9g) Broccoli 100g (cal34, carbs 10)TOTALS – cal364, pro46, carbs 10 fat13

Meal 5 - 150g chicken (cal247 pro46 fat4) EFA Oil (cal83 fat9g) Broccoli 100g (cal34, carbs 10)TOTALS – cal364, pro46, carbs 10 fat13

Meal 6 - 150g chicken (cal247 pro46 fat4) Coconut Oil (cal83 fat9g) Broccoli 100g (cal34, carbs 10)TOTALS – cal364, pro46, carbs 10 fat13

Before Bed – Lean Mince150g (cal246 pro38 fat9) Broccoli 100g (cal34, carbs 10) Walnuts 7 halves (cal93 pro2 fat9 carbs 2) TOTALS cal373 pro40 fat18 carbs 12

DAILY TOTAL Cal 2545 Carbs 170 Protein 301 fat 71

That is an old cutter i used last year. Obviously you could add to it and use it as a lean bulker, Its pretty low on the carbs which taper off through the day to mainly pro/fat. Obviously if you work out later in day then you would want to base the carb meals before and after that and eat a couple of pro fat meals in the morn in stead.

I assume the moderate carb day is your answer on the PWO nutrition question. Do you concur with his diet or see any major flaws in it?
    I thought it looked pretty good... very tasty... a couple things I noticed, you'll want postworkout nutrition for sure, in the form of whey and maltodextrin+dextrose. Also, one of the days I saw the last meal was a whey shake... solid food is much better before bed because it's digested slower. Salmon would be a better choice there. Let me have another look. Looks like meals are nowhere big enough... especially for you.

A lot of the "meals" are just cheese? Not nearly enough IMO. I think you'd be better off making those snack meals a protein/carb or protein/fat meal. Try to get at least 40-50g protein per meal.

PerfectBeast's plan looks like more what you should be shooting for... although I think you could get away with higher carbs (complex of course).
    Last edited by AandF6969; 10-16-2007 at 02:12 AM.

AnF- I give in. I do disagree with you about eggs, but I jumped on you. It was late for me, I was irritable. You win.

And yeah, that is my before pic, I'm not ashamed. Wait for the after pic my man.

Right on Dizz ...

AnF - i keep hearing this 50% malto 50% dex - exactly what product am i buying to get that? What food am I eating?

Perfectbeast - THANK YOU for the additional diet suggestions. Ill be using all these to forumlate my perfect diet.

-P-

Yo, Priapism

I just have to say that your transformation is AMAZING- I can't let that go without commenting.

One more small hijack here-

AandF - you were in pretty awesome shape when you started your first cycle too huh?

I'm not looking to start a battle (I was last night, but I do admit I was wrong).

You do look awesome now dude, and a competition is YEARS away for me, if ever. You really don't think AAS helped you to look like you do now?

S

AandF - you were in pretty awesome shape when you started your first cycle too huh?
    lol @ that picture... temporary tattoos attacked me.

Actually I've made more gains since then when I've been off, due to increased attention to my diet and training. But yes, my first cycle did help me.

Good luck with your cycle.

AnF - i keep hearing this 50% malto 50% dex - exactly what product am i buying to get that? What food am I eating?
    You can get a product called "Carbo-Gain" which is maltodextrin, comes in a 7 lb jug, and then 2 lb bags of dextrose. They're both from NOW foods. I think its cheaper (and higher quality carbs) to make these PWO shakes than to use cytogainer. I know they don't make me pudge out as much.

Raven, thank you a ton for writing that out. Unbelievable help. Seriously. And trust me, I have been planning for cheat day for quite some time. Sometimes I lay in bed and daydream of what it will include. Im thinking chocolate chip cookies, some pizza, an icy pepsi ... maybe some Lard .. couple gallons of peanut butter ... no jelly though. Dont want to get fat.

Some questions:

1) Can egg fat (yolk) make you fat? On Fitday it attributes 40% of my diet to "FAT" calories purely because of the egg yolks. These are "good fats" however, so Im told. Im told not to fear the yolk. "Dont fear the yolk" they say. I much prefer sunnyside up eggs with yolk to without... and oddly enough I get a serious headache when I eat nothing but the whites. Weird. But I dont want tons of fat .... so ... 1 yolk only as finger guy suggested above?

Yeah, easy on the yolks mate.

2) I had two chocolate chip cookies last night and two just now. Im a loser. Must punish self.

LOL, got to get strict and disciplined with yourself if you ever want to attain the physique of your good mate in the photo you posted above.

3) Raven, which days are "workout days" on your regimen? Or did you not eat any differently on workout days? Im almost convinced one should (and clearly im a nutrition expert after 3 solid days of being here).

I workout a different group each and every day of the week, excluding Sunday, which I call my "day of rest" .

4) Are you the hot blonde or the guy?

Let your imagination run wild.

-P-

Repect,

Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    Raven - I didn't see any postworkout nutrition on your diet, what did you do for that?
    Sorry, I failed to mention...I'll eat 5-8 rice cakes following workout to get a nice insulin boost from the fast-acting carbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven88
    Sorry, I failed to mention...I'll eat 5-8 rice cakes following workout to get a nice insulin boost from the fast-acting carbs.
    No whey PWO?

Sorry, double post.
    Last edited by Raven88; 10-17-2007 at 09:34 PM.

No whey PWO?
    I workout in the latter part of the day, usually prior to bedtime. So if you look through my diet, you'll see that the last "snack" of the day includes whey in there....this would be where anything would fit into a "post workout" enhancer.

Please keep in mind mates...the diet I layed out above is a very strict cutting diet with focus on shredding fat, yet maintaining LBM, which appears to be the goal in mind here for the thread starter...you guys would fall in love if I posted up one day of my bulking diet, but yeah, like I siad, the 7-day I layed out above for -P- is very strict and accurately calculated to follow different protocols at different points. So laugh if you will at a cheese square and a glass of water for a snack, but there is a reason for all this...Here is what it all boils down to with my cutter diet:

Day 1

This is where there is a rapid induction of kytogenic state due to high fats and low carbs...macro ratio being: low/carbs; high/fats; and high/protien.

Day 2

This is where enhanced fat burning due to removal of fats occurs, yet maintenance of ketogenic state remains with continued intake of low carbs...macro ratio being: low/carbs; low/fat; and high/protein.

Day 3

This is where we give our body an anabolic surge of insulin with a moderate introduction of high quality carbs...macro ration being: moderate/carbs; low/fat; and high protein.

Day 4

Again, we induce a rapid induction of ketogenic state due to high fats and low carbs...macro ratio being: low/carbs; high/fat; and high protein.

Day 5

Again, this is where we induce enhanced fat burning due to removal of fats occuring, yet maintenance of ketogenic state remains with continued intake of low carbs...macro ratio being: low/carbs; low/fat; and high/protein.

Day 6

And once again, we give our body an anabolic surge of insulin with a moderate introduction of high quality carbs...macro ration being: moderate/carbs; low/fat; and high protein.

Day 7

Cheat day!!

Eat all you want from any category on this day. This day helps to stimulate the muscle repair process and "fills" out "flat" muscles from lack of glycogen.
    Run this diet for 4+ weeks and you will be amazed.

Thanks again. I got the Carbo Gain. It better not pudge me up. I need to still be able to eat chocolate chip cookies on a regular basis. I will blame the carbo gain instead of the cookies, of course.

I've had a slow week. Not getting enough sleep due to various reasons, and a cheat day that ended up lasting 3 days instead. Still, Im nowhere near as pudgy as I was on Cytogainer, and it seems my natural metabolism is doing its job again. Stomach looks great, and shoulders/chest are looking good too. Its almost amazing to me that someone with such sh*t for genetics and body shape (my before photos) can look so much better by diet and weight training. I never thought I'd look this good when I took those photos. The crazy part is it was such a short time ago.

Im back on the diet today, and had a very good workout. Looking forward to what comes, and taking pics sometime in the next few months.

So AandF ... you did just one cycle?

-P-

So AandF ... you did just one cycle?
    Actually just starting my third... the second had to be cut short after 3 weeks because I got pneumonia and lost 20 lbs... so I don't really count that one lol. The picture in my avatar is about 6 months after my recovery from pneumonia and all that nonsense, it was a few days after my competition.

Decided to remove this. Serves no purpose to this thread.
    Last edited by Priapism; 10-19-2007 at 08:40 PM.

He needs to stop eating like shit, and exercise efficiently... dumbass

If he does "the cutting steroid " he'll probably have a heart attack.

Sounds like your friend is just too damn lazy to research a diet, total it up, all that stuff... yeah it takes a lot of work but theres a reason 99% of this country looks like shit... because its fricking difficult to look good. But its 100% worth it.

He doesn't want to change as much as he says he does. No motivation.

You can get a product called "Carbo-Gain" which is maltodextrin, comes in a 7 lb jug, and then 2 lb bags of dextrose. They're both from NOW foods. I think its cheaper (and higher quality carbs) to make these PWO shakes than to use cytogainer. I know they don't make me pudge out as much.
    The goal is "50% Maltodextrine 50% dextrose", correct?
    The 7lb jug of maltodextrine says 1 serving is a half cup of powder.
    That is 47g of carbs and 190 calories.
    If I am shooting for 50% 50% am i doing 1/4 cup of this stuff, and 50% of a serving of the other stuff?

In other words - EXACTLY how much of each do I take?

The label also says before during and after. Do you suggest this stuff just for PWO?

Thanks
    Last edited by Priapism; 10-21-2007 at 04:04 PM.

Question for (anyone) on one of Raven's diet days above. He says this is high protein, but Im not seeing it. High protein being at least 300g protein right? Where is he getting that from this?

3 large egg whites
    1 thin slice of ham
    2 cups mixed green salad
    1 cup steamed broccoli
    1 scoop whey protien powder

Thanks!
    Last edited by Priapism; 10-21-2007 at 04:05 PM.

Anyone?

AnavarX is offline Associate Member
    Seriously, good job on ur workouts and diet
    Thats awsum that u changed that much

Question for (anyone) on one of Raven's diet days above. He says this is high protein, but Im not seeing it. High protein being at least 300g protein right? Where is he getting that from this?

3 large egg whites
    12g protein
    1 thin slice of ham
    14g protein
    13g protein
    56g protein
    2 cups mixed green salad
    2g protein
    9g protein
    55g protein
    1 cup steamed broccoli
    6g protein
    1 scoop whey protein powder w/ 2 cups skim milk
    52g protein

Total protein= 219g

Thanks!
    Keep in mind that this is a very strict cutting diet and is quantified to my specific body weight and goals for that particular cycle. I will keep protein intake as close to 1g/lb of body weight during this time...this does me well to maintain LBM.

Keep in mind that this is a very strict cutting diet and is quantified to my specific body weight and goals for that particular cycle. I will keep protein intake as close to 1g/lb of body weight during this time...this does me well to maintain LBM.
    For Priapism - I'd highly recommend upping your protein to 1.5-2g/lb bodyweight if you're looking to put on muscle. Try going for 300g carbs/day (including PWO shake) and see how things go from there.

In other words - EXACTLY how much of each do I take?

The label also says before during and after. Do you suggest this stuff just for PWO?

Thanks
    Well, to get approximately 50g maltodextrin and 50g dextrose, its 1/2 cup of maltodextrin and 5 tablespoons of dextrose. I'd recommend it just PWO, I feel that if there is anything in my stomach immediately before a workout, it makes me nauseous and its harder to get a pump due to blood going to your stomach.

For Priapism - I'd highly recommend upping your protein to 1.5-2g/lb bodyweight if you're looking to put on muscle. Try going for 300g carbs/day (including PWO shake) and see how things go from there.
    Agreed. His goals may be to add additional LBM, yet lose some BF as well, so yes, I would agree that additional protein is necessary in this instance and can be easily attained with a couple extra scoops of whey.

GL, -P-

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information