kfrost06 is offline Banned

Former Manhattan Beach cop indicted in Louisiana murder case

A former Manhattan Beach police sergeant already in prison for sexually assaulting a boy in Nevada was indicted today for allegedly killing a young Louisiana man two years ago.

Shawn Michael Shelton, 40, once the fastest-rising officer in his department, could face the rest of his life in prison for the death of Justin James, a 19-year-old Winnfield, La., man.

The Natchitoches Parish indictment charges him with one count of murder.

“The indictment charges that on Oct. 30, 2005, Justin James was murdered during the course of a forcible rape or attempted rape and further that he died as a result of drugs that were dispensed to him by Shawn Shelton,” Natchitoches District Attorney Van Kyzar said.

Shelton, who served about 10 years with Manhattan Beach before resigning in 2003, was sentenced in July to 35 years to life in prison for sexually assaulting a 14-year-old boy in Las Vegas.

Prosecutors will attempt to have him extradited from his cell to Louisiana to face the murder charge. A coroner’s autopsy found James died of a combination of cocaine, morphine and the anti-anxiety drug Xanax.

Shelton left the Manhattan Beach force after filing a lawsuit accusing former Chief Ernest Klevesahl and fellow officers of harassing him because he was gay.

He later was arrested in a drug prescription forgery case in Long Beach and was arrested in Ventura County when he trespassed with an intoxicated teenage man on a ranch. At the time, he possessed a police badge stolen from the Manhattan Beach Police Department.

Shelton was living in Louisiana in October 2005 while working on a movie set. James met him while visiting friends at an apartment upstairs from Shelton’s

http://www.dailybreeze.com/news/articles/9181827.html

Instead of blaming the world for harassing him for being gay he should have taken a look at himself and his lifestyle. Out there raping young boys, forging prescriptions, and now murder? Lock him up and throw away the key, the sicko belongs in jail.

m8intl is offline Associate Member
    But society's intolerance made him this way. /sarcasm

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    I dislike stories like this. It is worded in a way that makes it seem that his sexual orientation made him do these things. It really doesn't matter if he is gay, straight, black, white, rich or poor. He's just a sicko... and that is all. Him being gay has nothing to do with it.

Also, there should be a rule on titles. I've seen members of this forum re-word the titles of these posts to fit their agenda. We should use the original titles, which in this case would be "Former Manhattan Beach cop indicted in Louisiana murder case".

Quote Originally Posted by scriptfactory
    I dislike stories like this. It is worded in a way that makes it seem that his sexual orientation made him do these things. It really doesn't matter if he is gay, straight, black, white, rich or poor. He's just a sicko... and that is all. Him being gay has nothing to do with it.

Also, there should be a rule on titles. I've seen members of this forum re-word the titles of these posts to fit their agenda. We should use the original titles, which in this case would be "Former Manhattan Beach cop indicted in Louisiana murder case".
    i agree with you 100% and I apologize for the wording. I have seen Tock do this about Christians so I stooped to his level to show him it goes both ways. Unfortunately, no one wins when this occurs. I hope we can once and for all agree on certian rules when it comes to news articles, naming and where we get the stories from. It upsets me to see Christians(specifically Catholics) deamonafied here just as much as it upsets others to see gays villified. Here's some of Tock's titles, perhaps he should obey the rules too!

Another Pro-Morality Republican Politician Busted!

Pro-Family Anti-Gay Republican Senator admits patronizing Prostitutes

Another married Republican Congressman arrested for gay solicitation

Heterosexual couple kidnap young girl

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scriptfactory
    I agree that the guy's sexual orientation doesn't really have much to do with the crime. The guy raped and killed another guy, which is a terrible crime. But then, lots more guys rape and kill females, and in those news stories they don't announce that the murderer is heterosexual.

I'm wondering what the original poster of this news article found to be newsworthy about this story . . .

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kfrost06
    It upsets me to see Christians(specifically Catholics) deamonafied here just as much as it upsets others to see gays villified. Here's some of Tock's titles, perhaps he should obey the rules too!

Well, ok, I'll relent on this issue, if everyone else does as well. Reluctantly, though, because it's a lot of fun to spice up the headline to the standards of the National Enquirer . . .

Thread Information