Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    You're history is a bit foggy Spy!!! Your above statement isn't totally accurate and you know it.
    Didn't want to go into that as it wasn't really imortant to this thread. But, some were criminals, some slaves were the result of war. Some independent slave merchants did in fact stage raids on unprotected African villages and kidnap and enslave Africans. Most professional slave traders, however, set up bases along the west African coast where they purchased slaves from Africans in exchange for firearms and other goods. Even if Africans did the capturing, the slave traders were taking advantage of their poverty. Demand was the cause of slavery anyway. So....moving on.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    Didn't want to go into that as it wasn't really imortant to this thread. But, some were criminals, some slaves were the result of war. Some independent slave merchants did in fact stage raids on unprotected African villages and kidnap and enslave Africans. Most professional slave traders, however, set up bases along the west African coast where they purchased slaves from Africans in exchange for firearms and other goods. Even if Africans did the capturing, the slave traders were taking advantage of their poverty. Demand was the cause of slavery anyway. So....moving on.
    We are in total agreement Kratos!! The statement by Spy was a broad statement that implied the slave trade was totally the fault of Africans. He failed to point out the details of it. And we all know the devil's in the details. The slave trade evolved from its inception to when it was finally abolished and that is where the detail lay.

Anyway, you're right, that's not what this thread is about, so I'll drop it. We all know minorities are bad...and the cause of all problems...

Kratos, don't you find it ironic that the same people who complain about minorities always complaining about whites keeping them down are the same people who complain that minorities are keeping them down? It's a vicious, absurd cycle!!!

How do whites in this country (and Europeans) feel about Serbians, some Croatians, Russian, Armenians who are Muslim. They are all white and cannot be differentiated from others of European heritage?
    Last edited by BgMc31; 05-06-2009 at 12:43 PM.

Kratos, don't you find it ironic that the same people who complain about minorities always complaining about whites keeping them down are the same people who complain that minorities are keeping them down? It's a vicious, absurd cycle!!!
    Yeah, it's a victim thing present in the mind of all races including whites. I don't think minorities are keeping me down. If white people represent a small slice of the American pie that's fine with me as long as my rights don't change as a result. The only reason why I said I'd be less afraid of a Latino dominant culture or for that matter African American, is because Islamic dominated counties have a history of a movement towards intollerance. Not to say that would happen in America or Europe, but the possibility it might is present. As long as there is a place for everyone to live in peace, I don't care who the majority is. Europe was a pretty hostile place as far as diversity not to long ago, maybe Islam can adapt too. But if you listen to some of the Muslim members (buffedguy specifically) has stated a country must be non-secular for muslims to be truely free. Well that means the laws of one religion becomes the law, and that's a condition that doesn't allow for equality. Much of this thinking exisits among Muslims that the religion must be universal in a nation and the laws of the nation must be Muslim. That's not cool with me, religious feedom is why this country was created. Islam is used as a method of control and keeping people ignorant in many nations. I'd rather not see that happen here for the sake of future generations. But, I don't see what we can do about it either.

How do whites in this country (and Europeans) feel about Serbians, some Croatians, Russian, Armenians who are Muslim. They are all white and cannot be differentiated from others of European heritage?
    I'm cool with the religion if that's what people want to practice. And I'm fine with people who practice Islam who are of color. It's the radical forms it often takes on that make me nervous. When education slips people fall on more traditional thinking and Islam is very prone to being bastardized.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    I'm cool with the religion if that's what people want to practice. And I'm fine with people who practice Islam who are of color. It's the radical forms it often takes on that make me nervous. When education slips people fall on more traditional thinking and Islam is very prone to being bastardized.
    What I meant Kratos is would there be such a backlash against this mass influx of immigrants if they weren't from the middle east or Africa?

What I meant Kratos is would there be such a backlash against this mass influx of immigrants if they weren't from the middle east or Africa?
    Quite simply, no. But, that's more dependant on willingness of the immigrants to intergrate into the current society. I think in Europe Mulims tend to partition themselves, cause a financial drain, and crime. Also, they retain their culture and values rather then adapt, making for a problem for the current residents should they attain voting majority.

With that being said Kratos, there in lies the problem. I don't think its as much about Islam but rather its a browning of Europe. Islam is just the scapegoat.

There are many Europeans on this forum and it doesn't seem like they are the one's complaining about this. It seems to be some of the Americans who make a big deal out of this. Am I the only one who thinks the America is great because of our diversity, not in spite of it? And maybe Europe is just following our lead.

Recently many German cities (and Austria) have been touted as some of the greatest cities to live in and one reason was because of it's diversity and tolerance. So I'm not seeing the problem...

With that being said Kratos, there in lies the problem. I don't think its as much about Islam but rather its a browning of Europe. Islam is just the scapegoat.
    Not at all, what I was saying is it's not the browning, yellowing, or blackening of Europe that matters at all. The question is, will an Islamic majority allow white europeans to enjoy their current way of life and financial security? Does the demographic transformation undermine their core values, economic standing, and freedoms they value? All questions I can't answer without a crystal ball.

And to add to your above point about whites who complain about minorities keeping them down. I think the most racist black people and minorities are the ones who complain the most about racism and black people keeping them down. That's why I gave you a hard time in some of your race threads in the past until I realized you were a smart guy...and because there aren't a lot of outspoken black dudes here, you end up being a lightning rod and are forced to take a position.

But anyway, not sure why Muirlo posted this thread as it really isn't news...I mean there is no new story here. I have no idea still what he expects Americans and Europeans to do about it should they dislike the demographic shift.

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I wouldn't definitely question the validity of that first video that the only population growth in Europe and Britain is due to immigration mostly.

Let's just say this is going to be the way of things, well then that is down to nothing but Western lazy beliefs. I mean you seem itching for some massive war of "whitey" vs everyone else and call it a revolution.

Thread Information