Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Remington is offline Alligator
    happy birthday---and keep us informed

BOOST is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RMBros
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't the loss of Test in us over 30s (turned 38 today) allow the estrogen in our systems to start to deposit more belly and hip fat than we have ever had before?

I'm not sure that it will be a problem for everyone, just because some folks have more or less test and more or less estrogen, but for a lot of us it gets harder and harder to lose that kind of weight.

Think about all those old guys who you have to look at twice to be sure they're not women - they didn't get that way on purpose.

Anyway, at 38, I'm about to start my first cycle - test enth and EQ for 12 weeks, tons of PCT etc. I'm probably close to 20% bf, according to our scales, which use some cheap capacitance or inductance bf measurement tool. God, I don't feel that fat, but that's what they say.

As I progress, I'll check back in here to let everyone know how it's going.

Keep us posted, I am starting my first Monday. 1cc per week of Test Sus and week 4 I am stacking Winny pills 1 per day 50mg. I cannot wait

Over 30 everything in your body changes, the biggest problem I see is Test levels drop off and metabolism slows down. Loosing Test sucks, no energy, a decline in strength and Muscle mass

b u m p

Id like to know if anybody else would like to add something else to this thread as it pertains to me, and I think lots of others.

bump---anybody wanna add some more to this topic?
    Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who started a cycle with over 20% BF ???-bump.jpg  

2bshredded is offline Member
    I will be starting my 12 week Test/Eq in a week or two, I have been using some Deca for bad joints and it has helped them termendously. I noticed though that I'm adding "bloat" not in the face but on the mid-section, I'm also taking 200 mg. of DHEA. I've been on the Deca now about 10 days, so it will be a Deca boost before my cycle begins here shortly. Seems as the Deca is working or it just a mind fucc, that's ok...I'm hitting it hard in my gym.

Oh yea the stats:
    46 years, 6'3", 210 lbs, ~20% I'm guessing...it's only in my mid-section
    1st cycle, I know I shouldn't be doing the Deca but it has saved my joints and got me back deadlifting and helping me push myself.

My goal is to stack on 25/30 lbs and loose the midsection, get my deadlift max to 600lbs. Any suggestions will be quite welcome.

dneversatisfied is offline New Member
    I am 31 and started a real diet & excercise program just this past 6-7 months or so and i did a cycle of deca and test 1cc a week about a month after working out. I did 15 mins cardio warm up then a specific weight program hitting different stuff each day. shoulders, back-bi, chest-tri, legs then did more cardio after the weights. I took de-aromatese and some stacker 2 with ephedra also. so i was at the gym 4 days a week.. sometimes did cardio on the 5th day too. and when i decided to eat better was when fat started falling off of me! i cut out sugar, bread, caffein and ate only eggs bacon, chicken beef and cheese for 2 months. I lost 40 pounds of fat and 20 pounds on the scale in a month or so. Don't know if I can help anyone out but I did this hard core and have maintained the same weight and put on more muscle even after accepting breads, sugar etc back into my system. of course i don't eat like a pig like i used to after getting used to that diet i was on which helps but i do go up and down. it is rough being older. but i will never give up. i will look great the rest of my life no matter how much it hurts! no pain no gain!! you just gotta do it. ask for help if need be. get a workout and diet partner. being here is great support. i know cuz i just joined and am already off and running posting and reading while i'm at work.. (shh.. don't tell!!)

Logan13 is offline Banned

yes

Quote Originally Posted by BuildaBeast
    After reading Ajax's post up top I was wondering how many people have taken the approach to increase LBM first then lose some body fat? Everyone on the majority board says that one should be 15% or under. I understand that the more muscle you have the more fat you burn. So who and what have you taken to increase LBM and also had some fat loss? As I get older it seems the fat doesn't drop like it use too.
    Diet needs to be in order first. Certainly people over 20% cycle, just look at Saluu............

RMBros is offline Junior Member
    5 weeks in at this point - libido boost kicked in at 3 weeks, very nice.

Started losing bodyfat about that time too, but nothing huge.

My last couple of workouts have been fantastic and I'm really looking forward to the next week to see if they're going to continue.

My diet has been pretty clean (a few bad days), but the EQ has really upped the amount I'm eating. Not that I'm hungry more often, just that I eat more when I do eat.

I've had some trouble with cramping and calf/shin pumps so bad that I couldn't continue running after 15 min, but those are mostly fixed now.

bump.
    Cause its STILL agreat thread.

sheltonn is offline Junior Member
    I just did a small cycle. My BF was 26% when I started. My diet was decent and my cardio was pretty good. Being 36 made it really hard to work out hard enough to get the results I wanted.

This led me to do a little cycle of test/tren (1cc/.5 cc every week) for 3 weeks, then I added 1cc oral anadrol ed for three weeks. I dropped cardio during the last three weeks to give more time to lift. My weight went from 197 to 213. My body fat dropped 4 points and I could work out like crazy. BTW, the weight gain and BF drop happened in the last 3 weeks when I added anadrol and cut out all cardio. I wasn't trying to lose fat because I had been advised to bulk up, then cut.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    can't beat that with a stick 26 % to 22% BF.....sounds like your happy with that....keep up the good work

Logan13 is offline Banned

bulk

Quote Originally Posted by sheltonn
    I just did a small cycle. My BF was 26% when I started. My diet was decent and my cardio was pretty good. Being 36 made it really hard to work out hard enough to get the results I wanted.

This led me to do a little cycle of test/tren (1cc/.5 cc every week) for 3 weeks, then I added 1cc oral anadrol ed for three weeks. I dropped cardio during the last three weeks to give more time to lift. My weight went from 197 to 213. My body fat dropped 4 points and I could work out like crazy. BTW, the weight gain and BF drop happened in the last 3 weeks when I added anadrol and cut out all cardio. I wasn't trying to lose fat because I had been advised to bulk up, then cut.
    At 26% BF someone told you to bulk up? You should be doing as much if not more cardio when you are bulking(clean bulk) as you do when cutting. You are taking in alot of calories much of which will add fat to your body unless you have cardio to burn the excess off. Glad to hear that the tren burnt some bodyfat........

sheltonn is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan13
    At 26% BF someone told you to bulk up? You should be doing as much if not more cardio when you are bulking(clean bulk) as you do when cutting. You are taking in alot of calories much of which will add fat to your body unless you have cardio to burn the excess off. Glad to hear that the tren burnt some bodyfat........
    I agree completely. I already had decent size, but just wanted to lose the fat covering. His recommendation was to bulk up, but I pretty much stayed to protein shakes and kept an eye on my BF.

A friend of mine was doing a similar cycle (w/o the andro). He was following the advice of another friend and consuming tons of protien/carb shakes. He actually gained BF. Poor guy.

great thread! I am 34 6'2 @245 21%bf
    Tomorrow will be day 7 of:
    200mg's deca week 1-10
    200mg's test e weel 1-10
    50mg's whinny eod week 2-10
    2iu's growth hormone 5/3
    90mcg's Armour T-4 1 a day for seven weeks
    HCG 250Iu's day before test shot and day of.
    I started a journal on this in another forum on here.
    Reading what you guy's have written is vey insperational! Makes me feel like I made the right choice on starting a cycle over 20% I look forward to hearing about all you guy's progress!

Brute is offline New Member
    Hey, 1st post on here - been reading for a while, lots of information on a subject I know little about (lifetime natural bodybuilder) so I still have lots of reading to do on here but this is a good thread subject (which I fit into). Am looking to learn more about cutting to get where I want to be. Any tips to help point me in the right direction on this forum would be appreciated.

Seems like several guys in this thread have lost fat and in some cases total weight and have kept or have had increases in strength....good to know

nextphase is offline New Member
    I an 37 years old. I was 307 pounds just 6 months ago. I have been dieting and doing cardio. Last week I weighed 272 when I started a cycle of winny. I have already lost another 10 pounds and feeling stronger.

Some people on this board told me I shouldn't cycle until I lost more fat. So I obviosly did not listen. But here is my take on it, for me it is as much phycological as it is AAS. You see knowing that I am on gear, I have improved my diet, increased my cardio and intensified my workouts. Then so long as the gear is real, I should see some nice results in the next six weeks.

The only thing I would have changed would have been the type of Gear I decided to go with for my first time. After this six week cycle, I will do a little more research, and I hope to be in great shape by november.

Congratulations on the fat loss and your positive attitude. Good luck with the rest of your cycle and continued training.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by RMBros
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't the loss of Test in us over 30s (turned 38 today) allow the estrogen in our systems to start to deposit more belly and hip fat than we have ever had before?

I'm not sure that it will be a problem for everyone, just because some folks have more or less test and more or less estrogen, but for a lot of us it gets harder and harder to lose that kind of weight.

Think about all those old guys who you have to look at twice to be sure they're not women - they didn't get that way on purpose.

Anyway, at 38, I'm about to start my first cycle - test enth and EQ for 12 weeks, tons of PCT etc. I'm probably close to 20% bf, according to our scales, which use some cheap capacitance or inductance bf measurement tool. God, I don't feel that fat, but that's what they say.

As I progress, I'll check back in here to let everyone know how it's going.
    cortisol plays a big part in the collection of fat in the middle as well..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

cortisol

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    cortisol plays a big part in the collection of fat in the middle as well..
    that reminds me(i forgot to ask my sorry a$$ endo) yesterday....she had said b4 that i was in range for cortisol....i was going to ask if it makes a difference if your in range but high normal....i believe i have another thread to this nature but since you mentioned it here...could you elaborate...maybe even to the note -can cortisol levels be changed for the better; easily, naturally, drugs...has it been observed to be low in those with low abdominal fat?

RaetherEnt is offline New Member
    Hey everyone! Very first post to the board, as I just found it today and signed right up. I have been reading a lot of posts in a lot of threads to get caught up on all the knowlege out there...

Little history on me. I was an amateur bodybuilder in South Florida back in the early 90's. Started training after the Army and worked my way up from 135 lbs to 210 at 10% bodyfat in less than two years. Left for college, started drinking, smoking, yadda, yadda, yadda...12 years later, 228lbs at 25% bodyfat.

So, six weeks ago I decided absolutely no more. Put down the cigarettes, dropped the bottles and started working out again. I'm eating right,( six times a day, 30g protein minimum every 3 hours, lowfat, moderate complex carbs, NO simples sugars) I've eased my body back into my old workouts to the point where I am lifting pretty heavy again four days a week, hitting each bodypart twice a week. 6 days a week cardio...

I've gone from tight fitting 38 waist jeans to loose fitting 36, almost back down to 34's...My shirts are finally tight in the arms again, rather than the stomach...LOL!

Anyways, I'm ready to step it up a little more. Think I'm going to order this cycle...

50 tablets of Cytomel (50 mcg/tablet)
    210 tablets of Clenbuterol (20 mcg/tablet )
    1 x Decabol (Deca durabolin 10ml)

And use it like this...

http://www.pharmanabolics.com/cycles...olin_cycle.htm

Anyone tried this cycle before? Even if not, does this look like a good cycle for what it is designed for, which would be fat loss with some lean muscle?
    Last edited by RaetherEnt; 06-21-2006 at 11:58 AM.

ebjack is offline Senior Member
    I'm sitting at 23%bf and i'll be dropping to under 20% before I consider a cycle.
    There are a ton of things to learn before going on AAS. I'm 43 yo and usually impatient with these things.

BIGAL73 is offline New Member

Thumbs up Whew !!!!

I thought I was the only one with this question.Thank God I'm not..My stats, I'm 32, 6'5",18.5" bi's.38" waist super thick shoulders and chest, And after a DR visit today I found out I'm 302#,(thought I was 290), And I'm about 25%BF.. I'll be taking the Oasis experiance hopefully next week,(getting bloodwork done in the AM)..After talking with a consultant he was saying I would probably be doing a Winney & Test stack to start,, Most all my BF is in the mid section. I've been lifting hard since Oct but really started busting ass in the last 1.5 months.My workout partner and myself are useing the Max-OT program and seeing LOTS of gains from it.What I'm hoping to gain from the Test/Winney is a bit more size and the fit look..I'm not exactly going for the bare minimum BF but would like to be around 12-15%..The only thing I'm scared to see in the end is loose abdominal skin. In High school I was all natural at 250 and 10% BF..But now over 30 I know that I probably can't do it on my own,I've been trying it for 8 months now with a hard loss of BF but great gains in muscle...Good luck to all of you,I'm going to be sure to follow along and will be starting my online journal hopefully next week..

Us fat men will prevail

juicedOUTbrain is offline Associate Member
    whats the point of being on juice if you cant take your shirt off? i personally wouldnt go ON unless i was 12% or less....otherwise it will only make you look bigger and fatter...

although if i was your age id be more on your page...i understand your hormone levels are lower and it may be harder for u to get that low naturally? my advice take is as low as you possibly can b4 you cave in...

I ve also read studies that show a correlation between body fat levels and quality mass gains...lower bf levels lead to better gains...i relate this to the amount of water your fat cells can hold that would otherwise be in the muscles? thats my logic anyway

i am not over 30, but i do have to work hard to get abs, and it upsetting to see people using steroids to get cut. I feel if drugs are to be used, there are much better ones for cutting (clen / t3)...Juice is for gaining muscle mass that COULD NOT be obtained naturally...thats my opinion anyway...

but good luck my friend...keep us updated and i hope you reach your goals!
    Last edited by juicedOUTbrain; 06-22-2006 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juicedOUTbrain
    whats the point of being on juice if you cant take your shirt off? i personally wouldnt go ON unless i was 12% or less....otherwise it will only make you look bigger and fatter...

although if i was your age id be more on your page...i understand your hormone levels are lower and it may be harder for u to get that low naturally? my advice take is as low as you possibly can b4 you cave in...

I ve also read studies that show a correlation between body fat levels and quality mass gains...lower bf levels lead to better gains...i relate this to the amount of water your fat cells can hold that would otherwise be in the muscles? thats my logic anyway

i am not over 30, but i do have to work hard to get abs, and it upsetting to see people using steroids to get cut. I feel if drugs are to be used, there are much better ones for cutting (clen / t3)...Juice is for gaining muscle mass that COULD NOT be obtained naturally...thats my opinion anyway...

but good luck my friend...keep us updated and i hope you reach your goals!
    Did you use the clen/t3 also when you worked hard for your abs?

animator is offline Junior Member
    Let us know how you do. I am curious !

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    whats the point of being on juice if you cant take your shirt off? i personally wouldnt go ON unless i was 12% or less.......
    Not everyone wants to just look good. Although I cant say i would include myself in that group

otherwise it will only make you look bigger and fatter...

Vegas1973 is offline Junior Member
    it's good to know there are others who've actually done a cycle with higher than optimum bodyfat.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas1973
    it's good to know there are others who've actually done a cycle with higher than optimum bodyfat.
    Well, not necessarily good but, mildly reassuring.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    I don't see any excuse for holding so much BF.. Clean up the diet and quit stuffing crap down your throats, Is health even a concern? 25%BF is ridiculous for a middle-aged man.
    -B D
    DO NOT ASK FOR A SOURCE, NONE SHALL BE GIVEN.
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]
    If asking cycle advice Post up Stats/previous cycle experience/goals!

If asking diet advice Post Stats/current diet/goals!

“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

I B D
    AR VET

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    I don't see any excuse for holding so much BF.. Clean up the diet and quit stuffing crap down your throats, Is health even a concern? 25%BF is ridiculous for a middle-aged man.

Easy for you to say mr -37% BF!

"Oh its sooo easy, what, you guys werent born with raviolis on yer stomach?!"

I hear ya though, I cant believe I went from like 13%-18%, just snuk up on me I guess. I think mine came in an attempt to gain muscle and due to the fact that I thought I knew more about diet than I actually did.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullsmasher
    Easy for you to say mr -37% BF!

"Oh its sooo easy, what, you guys werent born with raviolis on yer stomach?!"

No I just guarantee if ppl were to consistantly stick with a strict diet tuned to their body 10-15% is easily maintainable by any healthy adult.

Remember you guys didn't get chunky overnight so don't expect to get "ravioli's" overnight either lol..
    Last edited by IBdmfkr; 06-27-2006 at 12:34 AM.

RMBros is offline Junior Member
    So - results:

15-20lb weight gain, but my cardio was off for a number of reasons.

30+ lb gain on max bench - from 245 (max prob wasn't that much at the time I started, but it's what I'm using for a baseline) to 275.

30+ lb gain on DL max

40+ gain on Squat, but I also changed/tweaked my form a bit, so that may be part of the deal.

Looked leaner, but my scales with electronic BF testers said I was the same - I find that hard to believe, but I'm not sure how the thing handles water weight, etc.

Shoulder strength went off the charts.

Knee pain totally disappeared, as well as most shoulder pain.

AFTER THE CYCLE:

I'm almost done with PCT now, and I've kept most of the strength gains (as I was told I would with the cycle I did).

A bit of knee pain has returned.

I'm having a real problem with my shoulders. There is pain and stiffness when I bench or overhead press. On bench, I can't even get the bar to touch my chest with my normal grip, so the stiffness is a real problem. Not sure if it's actually related to the juice though.

One funny thing about this thread - PLers use AAS all the time and not many of them have less than 30% body fat. The whole point is actually pretty moot if you're not a bodybuilder.

poshjoss is offline New Member

Fat = eostrogen

Somebody said on one of the other forums on thi site that fat cell also carry the aromatase enzyme,(have I got that right), so the idea is that if you have high body fat and use an aromatizable steroid then your eostrogen sides will be that much worse.
    Apparently the French Foreign Legion is great for losing body fat (possibly sanity), Don't know what their maximum recruitment age is. Or you could try doing the Paris-Dakar rally on a mountain bike.

fat cells contain androgen receptors as well.

I am not trying to justify high BF%'s but Im just throwin that out.

BigJames is offline Senior Member
    I did my first cycle at about 18% BF (6'1" 230 lbs). I wanted to go for it and did. I went up to about 248 lbs and definitely looked leaner. After the cycle I lost some water weight and cut my calories to start to lean out...I am now 230lbs and MUCH leaner than I was before my cycle. Would I do it again? No. I am planning a second cycle for late this year or early next year and I intend to be under 15% before I start (aiming for 12%). I will do this for two reasons: 1) I do not want to get too heavy during my cycle (with fat and water that is) because I found it hard on my knees and 2) I want to be able to see my results more easily. Just my 2 cents.

After years of training and substantial gains, etc....I have learned one thing above all....DIET IS KING.

gritt is offline Junior Member
    I know this doesnt apply to everyone but once I got serious, losing weight and BF was not bad. I am glad I did it without doing a cycle in that I not only am building good habits but know that it was not AAS that has gotten me from 260lbs and 31% to 218 and 15%. Changing my life style....now that was brutal. No more alcohol, 6 meals a day (yes, I am f^@^ing hungry sometimes, 45mins of cardio every morning (5 days), 3 x in the evenings during teh week and 3 days of heavy lifting. I count my calories and measure my protein, carbs, etc. Dramatic change and dramatic results.......worth every ounce of sweat.

Now I am researching an AAS cycle for a newbie and feel I have earned it now that I have everything else in check.

My point - AAS to me is the aid to get to your goals; not the means.

Still here....still fat.
    ArghhhhH! ! ! ! !! !

drpza333 is offline Junior Member
    cool thread .

cj1capp is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drpza333
    cool thread .
    anny change in body composition ? any increase in strength and muscle mass are your close fitting better ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information