Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Anabolic Steroids for Men Over 35: My Personal Experience

kaju is offline Associate Member
    soulbeast thank you for your input. That post alone was better than the original post. It was better because it was more educational. The original post was more inspirational.

SoulBeast is offline New Member
    Re-read it and could use some editing but I think I'll let it stand as it is...and if much interest is generated will probably expand on it then.

The basic impetus to post comes from a strong dislike of the current drug mania mentality which seems to me very similiar to a witch hunting mindset from the middle ages.

Even those that use the chemicals seem to get caught up in, so just my little bit to clear the air and give some breathing room to the subject as I see it.

The Beast

joe1968 is offline New Member
    great post just turned 40. Started my first cycle 3 weeks ago. My experiance is not unlike yours gained 7 pounds in 3 weeks cant wait for the next 7 weeks to go by to see what happens

BritishColumbian is offline Senior Member
    Thats a great post. I can really relate to everything you said, thanks

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Great post man,,,

Felt a bit like i was reading about myself,
    Currently doing a test-e and proviron cycle and loving it. Not just the gains but the wellbeing, not to mention the sex drive (but it's great...lol)

Care all

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Oh, when i said 'like reading about myself' not the fatty bit, or the smoking bit, or the training bit,,,,,,,,,,oh hell not like reading about myself at all......lol

Still GREAT post though

sibantam is offline New Member

Help!!!

Hi Ajax - read your post and just wanted to say thanks. As a 39yr old newbie I was wondering if you (or anyone else) knew of a reputable source to buy AS from.

bigreggie0752 is offline New Member
    thanks ajax great post

49yrsyoung is offline Member
    Fantastic post ajax, can so relate to your journey thanx

1newguy is offline New Member

new to the game

First let me say great post. I will be 42 this year and am in dcent shape but nowhere near where I want to be. I have just decided to try dekka tabs but am concerned about the side effects and the size of the tabs, as I sometimes have trouble swallowing pills. ANyone have any experience with these?
    Thanks, Mike

Dont wanna be old is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Good reading ! Looking for this kind of info to further my path ..

sunkyman is offline New Member
    I read this post when I first found this site, and now just read it again. Man, could I relate. I am waiting for my gear to arrive for my first cycle and I am still a little nervous about it...reading this again makes me feel much more comfortable about the decision I have made. Thanks so much for the very inspirational post!

oatmealsucks is offline New Member
    I am in the same boat, great post. i am turning 40 and do not know if it is a mid life crisis or what, but I am going to do my forst cycle over the winter. trying to get down to 10% bodyfat before starting.

depfife is offline Associate Member
    I am a 48 y.o. male who is trying AS for the first time.. only about 260mg/wk. test prop. I Feel Great, and look better!! Others on this site have told me that a cycle would likely damage my own body's hormone making ability at my age. even with the post cycle drugs...clomid, etc. Can anybody comment on this? I am not totally up to speed.. Thanks So Much...

smoke31 is offline New Member

Ajax you must be my long lost twin

After reading your post about a month ago I made it to the Dr. and long story short ended up on test cyp 200mg/ml. My build (if you could call it that) is 6' 237 and gotta be in the 30%+ BF. I plan on starting my workout in 5 days (i'm a big procastinator now that I have legit excuses like kids, wife, and work). My doc has me taking the the 200mg every 3 weeks, I know that it will help but not sure if it will be enough to keep me motivated. What are your thoughts on breaking the 200mg every 3wks into 100mg every week and just burning through the rx faster.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated from anyone not just Ajax.

Oh yeah, I'll be 41 this Dec.

martyjack is offline New Member
    I can relate with the androgel ; worked great for me the first six months...was doing 10mg daily, then my levels started dropping? I've been doing injections since..I'm 45 but been doing them for 5-6 years. I still haven't mastered hormone replacement and it's very hard to find Doctors who understand HRT.

Chazzyd is offline New Member
    Very informative. Your situation started very much like mine. I need to establish an educated and disciplined approach as I work through my 40's. Nothing fancy... just test maintenance.

manhelthy is offline New Member
    Thanks to ajax for such a healthy discussion here.....about the Anabolic Steroids , this been such great to knowledge most of us......!

scorpion62 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    ajax thanks a million you have just put a smile on my face and put any doughts at rest Iam 47 living Scotland and the docs here do not will give guys at my age any HRT all they say is your getting old or thats what happens at your age.I have like you did my research in to doing a cycle through this forum.After this read it a GO this is the best read I have had here bril stuff

sharky65 is offline New Member
    Nice

KEMPOJOE is offline New Member

Over 35

Great post asked my doc about hrt and he told me he would have nothing to do with it, i guess i'll have to try some other alternative

jeebling is offline New Member
    Thanks for a terrific post, Ajax.
    I am 41 years old and have a "similar" story. I was working out really moderately for about a year and couldn't make improvements. I re-doubled my efforts for the next three years and still saw very little improvement. I was lifting heavy (for me) four days a week and doing a lot of cardio work trying to keep the fat off. Perhaps I had the wrong methodology...point is, when I was 38 years old I did two ten week stacks and one six week stack (info below) and had incredible, almost unbelievable results.

FIRST CYCLE x six weeks
    250 test x 2 weekly
    200 Deca x 1 weekly
    CLEN 20mcg x 2 day x 1 day skip x 40 mcg x 2 day x 1 day skip for duration of 18 days
    take a week off between the clen cycle

SECOND CYCLE x ten weeks
    500 test (bought from a vet in Tijuana) x 2 weekly ~now I understand the meaning of "animal gear"
    200 Deca x 1 weekly
    CLEN 20mcg x 2 day x 1 day skip x 40 mcg x 2 day x 1 day skip for duration of 18 days
    take a week off between the clen cycle

THIRD CYCLE x ten weeks
    500 test (bought from a vet in Tijuana) x 2 weekly
    300 Equipose (bought on internet) x 1 per week
    50 mg Winstrol Depot (bought on internet) x every third day

BEFORE THE STACKS
    6' x 188 x 22% BF; 38 years old
    AFTER THE STACKS
    6' x 220 x 15% BF; 38 years old

My total cholesterol number did go up about 20 points and my HDL number fell from about 60 to 38. I considered that a side-effect that warranted laying off for awhile.

CURRENT STATS:
    41 years old
    6' x 212 x 25% BF (best guest; also using Taiyo electronic scale)

I got out of the fitness routine for personal reasons and I have recently recovered from a few surgeries. In the past three months I have lost about 28 pounds of fluid / fat and now I can't seem to get my energy and strength to respond to diet and training. I am in the slump that you mentioned.

I plan to start with a six week cycle of testosterone and deca with two 18 day cycles of clenbuterol towards the middle and end of the cycle. After the first cycle I will wait a month then do a ten week cycle of testosterone and equipose or winstrol.

I suppose I am either a lucky beginner or a hapless dupe. I contacted the company on the internet and placed an order only to get ripped off this time.

I will fly to Thailand next week and I hope to find a place to get what I need. If anyone has any suggestions a personal email would be much appreciated.

all the best and good luck,
    Jeebling
    Last edited by jeebling; 05-15-2010 at 07:47 PM. Reason: typo on current stats

charlie1per is offline New Member

52 and rocking

I am in my early 50s and been bodybuilding my whole life... Some years more than others but I have never been so fit and strong since my 20s... I am 6' and 230lbs ( just lost 135lbs... Divorce.. Lol)
    The effect steroids have had on me was a unique ability to take care of my body for a longevity aspect... Most men my age are "half finished" due to smoking drinking and other free radical issues.
    I look great and feel better than most 30 yr olds...
    Responsible lifestyles and knowledgeable steroid use is a blessing.... Ask my 25 yr old gf

talldutch is offline Junior Member
    brilliant post, looks like ur a happy man.

mkturtle is offline New Member
    I am newbie here and when I first read your post I was excited, but then the question popped - "What happens after you are done with your first/second cycle?"

How long after, are you going to feel great and keep in super shape without returning to cycles? Can you just stop and still feel great?

I am 38 and although some people say "age is just a number", I can feel it in the morning.
    It now takes forever to heel the wounds/injuries. Progress is slower and needed rest is longer....

I hear to get help with HRT, you gotta get lucky and find doc that likes experimenting... Is there easy way ?????????????
    It sucks knowing there is help out there but is not available to you.....

cro
    cro is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    bro ive had the gear 4 , 2 months im 38 and did a ton of research .ive got the test e and eq both at 300 mg and i was thinking about tamox .5 =10 mg daily beacause i heard the older / more body fat the higher the chances of gyno did you use nolva. thanks bro you made my life with that post ..... luve ya broooo

farmman42 is offline New Member
    hi at 57 do u think its to late to start again would love to lift it all back up again

jspicoli is offline New Member
    Very informative, Thanks for the post Ajax

Canadian Oldie is offline New Member
    Great post! Thx . You said it all!

Intruder20 is offline New Member
    very informative and motivating post. My life seems exactly as yours was. I can't wait to find some good gear.

choker28 is offline Junior Member
    wow just what a 45 year old needs to read, Brilliant

friggingood is offline New Member
    That was well written post. Thanks for being the voice for us old guys.. I've been lifting since I was 20 and pretty religiously. I didn't start my first cycle until I was in my late 20's. Then herniated a disc and was shelved for several months. After that, I decided to take it easy and do a cycle of decca. That cycle, whatever it did.. I felt better each and every day. Then I took a break for a few years while still training and went back to cycling in my mid 30's. I stuck with light tests and cutters just trying to have a lean/hard look. I had good density so I had a great looking body. It's been at least 5 years since i've last cycled and I'm still training religiously. For me, at 40 I definitely see the slower metabolism and it definitely takes longer to get back in the groove if you go on vacay for a week or 2. The diet is a mental thing. For some reason, when you're on.. you eat great. I feel the itch to go on something. Even if just for a few months to really right the ship again. I know I would feel 1000X better overall and would definitely be very strict about the diet. I don't want to have to shoot often so I'm considering enanthate since it's once every 6 or 7 days. I may not even do a full out, full blown dose.. just maybe 2 cc's so I don't blow out of my skin. Anyhow.. finding it hard to get a hold of stuff these days. My contacts are all gone.

Strongarm5791 is offline New Member
    Great post...

Surferboy64 is offline New Member
    All I can say is WOW!

I am a totally impressed 47yr old struggling with his new found lack of virility. Imagine...test over the counter! Dream on here in Australia.

Bring it on!

Strongarm5791 is offline New Member
    Test is best...
    Last edited by Strongarm5791; 10-24-2011 at 08:03 AM.

ConArmas is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for taking the time to spell it out like you did. Your experience is quite motivating.

bikeral is offline Life is only stressful if you care!
    Great post, gives me motivation.
    Thanks

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    Very well written Ajax. Thanks for being the inspiration a lot of us need.

Peace.

Bill_boy2005 is offline Associate Member
    Certainly an old thread, but damn well written and spot on. Having just turned 37 and being in HRT for 5 weeks now I'll say I feel better than I have in years.

tourstar2001 is offline New Member
    Your post is exactly why I'm here. I am looking to feel younger, gain a little muscle, and lose a ton of fat. Awesome post.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information