bhamstaff is offline Associate Member

failed 300kg deadlift

best lifts so far 290kg raw and 260kg for 2 reps raw. cant get 300kg. do you think my form could improve?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj2EqKfAlxw

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    You have to get the weight off the ground 1st but that was pretty cool music…

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    Keep trying. It is hard to tell since it does not lift off the ground, but if you are doing 290, it is probably psychological; being a round number and all. Start thinking about how hard 320 is going to be and 300 will not seem so daunting.
    Also, you better post the lift when you get it. I want to know how long it takes to get past this.
    Good Luck.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    seems like you're lacking power off the floor. Work some deadlifts off blocks. I use 4" blocks as a minimum. Doing both speed work and heavy singles. These will increase your power and strength off the floor.

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    I'd like to see the 290 kg lift before commenting further honestly.

Can't exactly say much having not seen and actual lift... No flame intended of course.

On a side note.. looking hella thick.

-CNS

i did actually lift the first lift about an inch off the floor. i always have problem getting off floor for personal bests, but as soon as i lift to shin level its up! ill get the 290kg posted in 11 days as no deadlifts next week as doing strongman comp on saturday.

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bhamstaff View Post
    i did actually lift the first lift about an inch off the floor. i always have problem getting off floor for personal bests, but as soon as i lift to shin level its up! ill get the 290kg posted in 11 days as no deadlifts next week as doing strongman comp on saturday.
    Have you thought about some band work?

If you can get past the initial getting off the ground and lift then I think bands might help in this case. Initially with reverse band lifts the weight will be lighter but as you move the weight up the bands will be come less and less supportive completing the rep with the full weight at the top. I think this will help with your speed and initial power…

Reverse band dead lifts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_HjB...eature=related

Band dead lifts (For increasing speed and strength)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY3y7K3NNxs

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Quote Originally Posted by bhamstaff View Post
    It's the complete opposite for me - I get it off the floor a piece of piss, it's the 2nd half of the lift I struggle with, my form on deads is complete dogshit though... lol

I recently got the 300 (on youtube if ya wanna see), currently struggling with getting 310, I have dropped the weight back down again and am working my way up to it again - reckon I'll get it week after next.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Guy View Post
    Have you thought about some band work?

If you can get past the initial getting off the ground and lift then I think bands might help in this case. Initially with reverse band lifts the weight will be lighter but as you move the weight up the bands will be come less and less supportive completing the rep with the full weight at the top. I think this will help with your speed and initial power…

Reverse band dead lifts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_HjB...eature=related

Band dead lifts (For increasing speed and strength)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY3y7K3NNxs
    good links, thanks, never used bands before, ill have to give that ago if can get ahold of some. would these help though as i could rack pull 300kg from shin level, its just getting from floor to shin level.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    pull of some 3- 6inch blocks. get your starting power stronger. pull against bands for speed

2475 is offline Junior Member
    To Look at your youtube video Deadlift Lighten up the weight 50-60%Pull for speed and technique. You are a tall puller so yes you are going to use more back so what you want to do is bring in more glutes hams and quads this will be accomplished by pointing your feet futher out this will allow you to sit down low and bring in your glutes/hams/quads your knees should not ever go over your toes your problem is the way you're pulling is causing rounding of the back due to lack of leg power also your kees come over the bar also how you been down and grab the bar Refer to Bolton Vs Magnussun on Youtube Use what i tell you plus this vid as an example if you have any more questions let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by 2475 View Post
    To Look at your youtube video Deadlift Lighten up the weight 50-60%Pull for speed and technique. You are a tall puller so yes you are going to use more back so what you want to do is bring in more glutes hams and quads this will be accomplished by pointing your feet futher out this will allow you to sit down low and bring in your glutes/hams/quads your knees should not ever go over your toes your problem is the way you're pulling is causing rounding of the back due to lack of leg power also your kees come over the bar also how you been down and grab the bar Refer to Bolton Vs Magnussun on Youtube Use what i tell you plus this vid as an example if you have any more questions let me know.
    thans for those advices. i m def using hamstring as i can feel it after lift, but , your right about lac of glutes and quads as i dont feel im using them to full otential, ill try toes ointing outwards, next session is friday so ill ost new video after.

RJstrong is offline Senior Member
    hard to say it's a form issue until we see a good lift. As stated above pull off a box to increase your starting strength. My preference is 45lb plates, 100lb plates or a 4 inch box to pull from. Good luck bro and keep lifting big!!!

Thread Information