Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    samsonite123 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anabolios
    what are your stats?
    5'6"

Three years ago I was fat at 165 pounds.

I dropped it to 135 lbs, and have put on 12 pounds in past three years (10 in the first two); so I am at 147 (+/- 1) lbs.

I started benching 90, curling 45, dead lift over head (*see note) 90. I now bench 145 (max is 155 for 2-3 reps), curl 80 (max 100 for 1-2 reps), dloh 150 (I wouldn’t try more than I felt comfortable with; for fear of injury). I was putting on weight every couple weeks for the first two years but the last year i haven’t increased what i bench, curl, or dead lift over head (*see note) by more than a few pounds. I have switched around my lifting regiment (what, and how I lift); and of course work hard at cycling; forty miles in a couple hours is no sweat.. But I just can’t seem to put on more than a pound or two every six months.
    (That’s why i started lurking six months ago.)

Anyhow, that's my story, i know it's nothing compared to the guys lifting a few hundred pounds, but I’ve always been more of the aerobic kind of guy with lots of stamina, but not much ability to have huge gains in muscle mass. (lean mass is my forte as it seems.)

I do eat a proper diet and take minor supps from GNC and powder protein.

-Sam

Post Script: I am aware there are many threads where people just state “you’re an idiot and shouldn’t even be reading his forum.”

I don’t wish for an unconstructive flame war. If you feel I shouldn’t take supps, just say so. I am fairly sure I wish to try them, and with the proper precautions (and planning) I believe they can be “relatively” safe. If there is any feed back on Prostanzanol, alternatives (as Anabolios has suggested) or my situation: I’d be glad to hear them.
    (sorry for the post script: it’s just many first time posters seem to be flamed and I believe this results in them not paying attention to the very constructive comments on this forum.)

*Note, I don’t know what it’s called, but it’s like a dead lift, but you bring it over your head and behind your neck and do reps for your shoulders/upper back. Like a squat but you lift over your head and back behind, instead of squating.
    Last edited by samsonite123; 03-13-2006 at 08:29 PM.

Thread Information