LmbrJak is offline Junior Member

Myostatin inhibitor

I heard on the radio about folstaxan.Its a protein that is in fertilized chicken eggs.
    Folstaxan elevates follistatin that negatively influances myostatin, reducing it by 37% in one dose.

Anyone hear about this?

any speculation on muscle growth?

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    nope, myostatins are still not obtainable this far out of the loop yet.. do share the info if you have it..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

I got this from the folstaxan web site[dont know if I could post link] just google it
    ABSORPTION PROFILE AND HORMONAL INFLUENCES OF Fertilized EGG YOLK INGESTION IN THE HUMAN
    Journal of the American College of Nutrition, Volume 25, Number 5, October 2006
    Colker, C. Peak Wellness, Inc. Greenwich, CT

Fertile egg yolks contain significant concentrations of follistatin. In an effort to identify whether this orally ingested source of naturally occurring follistatin is actually absorbed and pharmacokinetically active in the human model, this study was undertaken.

A male subject was chosen because the normal baseline male physiology does not regularly contain any measurable concentration of follistatin. Follistatin-rich fertile egg yolk powder properly processed to preserve active follistatin (FolstaxanTM) was obtained (Celldyne Biopharma, San Antonio, TX). After initial blood draw and subsequential oral Folstaxan dosing, serum follistatin levels were qualitatively and quantitatively) measured as an indicator of absorption. In addition, since we know follistatin is a negative modulator of myostatin, serum myostatin levels were qualitatively and quantitatively measured as an indication of hormonal influence and thus true pharmacokinetic activity. Testing utilized purchased follistatin and myostatin standardized for verification. Confirmations were run by ELISA and quantitations by Liquid Chromatography Tandem Mass Spectrometer with third degree fragmentation (Expertox, Deer Park, TX).

Results showed as predicted, a zero level of follistatin at baseline with a myostatin level of 46 pg/ml, 12 hours after FolstaxanTM dosing. Serum follistatin measured 57.1 pg/ml with a decline of myostatin to 34 pg/m1, 24 hours after the initial dosing, follistatin levels began to predictably drop from the time of initial dosing to 11.4 pg/ml. Yet myostatin continued to decline slightly with a 24-hour level of 31 pg/ml. These results clearly indicate that a fertile egg yolk powder properly processed to preserve active follistatin, when orally ingested, results in detectable serum follistatin. Furthermore, this resultant follistatin presence has significant pharmacokinetic activity is shown by the hormonal down regulation of serum follistatin

Follistatin also regulates FSH and more. It is also available as an injectable peptide. This may be a new discovery to me but it must have been consdered before.

here is an abstract of its function

Joshua M. Hurwitz, M.D.; Nanette Santoro, M.D

Abstract and Introduction
    Abstract
    Dimeric inhibins, activins, and follistatin (FS) were all initially characterized as reproductive endocrine hormones that regulate follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) secretion. This model, however, has expanded under the weight of current medical evidence. Activin appears to play a central auto/paracrine role in reproductive and nonreproductive tissues. Inhibin and FS each have important counterregulatory functions in activin signaling. With reproductive aging, inhibin B declines along with the follicular pool and disturbs the dynamics of the normal menstrual cycle of midreproductive age. The loss of inhibin restraint of FSH secretion appears to be the initiating endocrine event that leads to menstrual cycle shortening and some of the hormonal unpredictability of the late reproductive years. It may also be related to the decline in fertility that occurs in reproductive aging. In men, inhibin B is an excellent marker for gonadal competence, and the decline of inhibin B with age reflects decreased gonadal reserve in both sexes. Circulating activin increases with aging, but its effect on reproduction in women and men is not clear. FS does not appear to change greatly with aging in men or women. The age-related fluctuations in this delicately balanced regulatory triad influence reproductive capacity and the sequelae of chronological aging. Elucidation of the molecular pathways responsible for the action of these hormones may allow closer integration with their current conceptual roles in aging.

Introduction
    The regulatory triangle of dimeric inhibin, activin, and follistatin (FS) has been explored by both observational and molecular techniques to delineate their roles in the human menstrual cycle. Several investigations have centered on the changes of these hormones in older ovulatory women and support a role for the inhibin-activin-FS axis in reproductive aging in women[1-8] and men.[9-14] This article attempts to synthesize the existing evidence for the dynamics of these chronological changes in women and men and examine their possible implications.

here is one from a supplier

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DATA SHEET:Human Follistatin
    Follistatin belongs to a group of structurally-diverse diffusible proteins that binds to TGF-beta ligands and inhibit their activity by hindering access to signaling receptors. This naturally occurring antagonist binds to Activin, BMP-2,-4,-6,-7, Myostatin, GDF-11, and TGF-beta1. Follistatin is expressed in the pituitary, ovaries, decidual cells of the endometrium, and in some other tissues. This recombinant human Follistatin is a 31.5 kDa protein containing 288 amino acids including 36 cysteine residues.

Catalog#: xxxxxxxx

Package Size: 20 micrograms $xxxxx $xxxxx/pack 2+

Mini-Pack:cat#RDI-1213P $xxxx/5ug

-inquire for custom sizes/bulk packaging

Supplied: The sterile filtered solution was lyophilized from 10mM sodium Phosphate pH7.5 + 75mM NaCl with no additives

Source: E. coli

Purity: >95% by SDS-Page and HPLC analysis Endotoxin <1EU/ug

Reconstitution: The lyophilized human Follistatin should be reconstituted in sterile DI water to a concentration of 0.1-1mg/ml. Allow to set at least 30 minutes at 4-8 DEG C, Mix well. If desired, centrifuge for 1-2 minutes at 1000 rpm to concentrate material in vial. . This solution can be diluted into other buffered solutions and stored at 4 DEG C for up to 1 week or stored at -20 DEG C for future use.

Note: If this material is not to be used for coating or labeling (or other applications requiring carrier free material), the addition of 0.1% BSA to further dilution buffers or dilution in sterile culture media is recommended to enhance stability and minimize absorption to vial. Ideally, maintain stock >10ug/ml.

Storage: The lyophilized powder is stable at room temperature for a few weeks but it is best stored desiccated at -20 Deg C. Reconstituted material should be stored in working aliquots at -20DEG C. AVOID FREQUENT FREEZE THAW CYCLES.

Any thoughts if it would be usefull?

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    nope, myostatins are still not obtainable this far out of the loop yet.. do share the info if you have it..
    go to superhuman radio website and download the latest podcast mate, VERY interesting stuff if it proves to be true.

nyjetsfan86 is offline Anabolic Member
    im not sure if its the same thing but i had read an article in the newspaper about gene doping, and they actually had a way to block myostatin, it was an injectable drug and it was tested on mice and the mouse with the myostatin blocker had 5 times the amount of muscle fibers as the mouse without the drug

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    not the same compound but yes i have read about that too, problem is the stuff is so fragile it has to be cryogenically frozen to remain active, so its kinda difficult to ship.....

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Bet this stuff is VERY expensive!

Quote Originally Posted by Swifto
    Bet this stuff is VERY expensive!
    Not really. Comparable to IGF when it first came out. I have access to it (for months now), but my concern is the shipping...it's too unstable and needs to be shipped too cold for me to trust it.

go to superhuman radio website and download the latest podcast mate, VERY interesting stuff if it proves to be true.
    I was talking with the host of the show last night...it looks promising, and the rodent data is impressive...I think it may be good for some lean gain...maybe it'll even be the next creatine...but I don't think it's going to produce what a lot of people are hoping it will...

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Roberts
    Not really. Comparable to IGF when it first came out. I have access to it (for months now), but my concern is the shipping...it's too unstable and needs to be shipped too cold for me to trust it.

I was talking with the host of the show last night...it looks promising, and the rodent data is impressive...I think it may be good for some lean gain...maybe it'll even be the next creatine...but I don't think it's going to produce what a lot of people are hoping it will...
    Is it from China?

Is it from China?
    It's available from a few places...China, Australia, etc...none of them are close enough for me to think it would get here undamaged, and useful.

It's available from a few places...China, Australia, etc...none of them are close enough for me to think it would get here undamaged, and useful.
    Do you think it would yield results similar to MGF? More of a localized growth, rather than an all round effect?

Do you think it would yield results similar to MGF? More of a localized growth, rather than an all round effect?
    Theoretically, it's going to work for overall growth. I just...I don't think we have the whole picture yet...

I wonder if prolonged myostatin inhibition would result in a decrease in IGF or another growth factor, as the body's way of compensating....I bet something like that is built into us, as a system of checks and balances...

Teegunn is offline Banned
    Interesting. Hopefully we will see more info come out about this. Keep up with the research on it, Anthony.

speedbacker is offline New Member

Are you talking about the injectable peptide product or the folstaxan product?

Nevermind, just saw that that folstaxan product is taken orally.

any idea what an effective dose would be?

Mel1 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LmbrJak
    any idea what an effective dose would be?
    As far as I remember > 60g per Day

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1
    As far as I remember > 60g per Day
    If your talking about the folstaxan product, yea, he said 60 g per day.

K.Biz is offline Banned
    anymore reads on this? i want to know more!

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    Um, I live in China.. Want me to bring you guys some in June when I visit family/friends in the States for 3 weeks..hehe.

Thread Information