Thread: bcaa's?

dynamite101 is offline New Member

bcaa's?

what are bcaa's? lol sorry stupid question

200byjune is offline Senior Member
    branch chain amino acids. imo the best over the counter supplement. take these puppys at 20 mgs the first week 25 the second 30 the 3rd 40 the 4th and youll be like i must of got a dbol winny batch lmao....

ralph4u2c is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 200byjune View Post
    branch chain amino acids. imo the best over the counter supplement. take these puppys at 20 mgs the first week 25 the second 30 the 3rd 40 the 4th and youll be like i must of got a dbol winny batch lmao....
    very low dose and not at all, dont lie to the man BCAAs are the basics in nutrition and muscle growth/recovery. google the term and you will learn a lot about them. BCAAs are in everything we eat. Some people take them year around to help with recovery, endurance, etc but i really find them useful during cutting cycles to help prevent muscle loss and stay in an anabolic state longer. you can buy them in bulk or premixed with a flavoring system like Xtend, Purple Wrath, or ICE.

peachfuzz is offline Anabolic Member
    leucine
    isoleucine
    valine

to be exact

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Branche...acid_synthesis

what products should i pick up from popeyes for a cutting cycle so i can take it before i do cardio in the morning.

g0dsend is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamite101 View Post
    what products should i pick up from popeyes for a cutting cycle so i can take it before i do cardio in the morning.
    Like Popeye's chicken? I don't think fast fried food is an option for you.

mv540 is offline Junior Member
    lol i think he means pop eyes is a supplement store

g0dsend is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mv540 View Post
    lol i think he means pop eyes is a supplement store
    ah... haha

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    I thought the same thing.. here we go again with the KFC diet plan..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Flex-Appeal is offline Senior Member
    its the best one out there didn't you know that! DUH! lol

lol ok guys what bcaa's should i pick up from REFLEX or GNC lol

ray0414 is offline Member
    i got my BCAA's from the vitamin shoppe, each serviing has 5grams,, whole bottle has 65 servings, and was 27.99. was the best deal in the entire store, (the brand was bodytech)

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    **** GNC!

Get them online in bulk powder form.

Quote Originally Posted by peachfuzz View Post
    leucine
    isoleucine
    valine

to be exact

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Branche...acid_synthesis
    to be exact .... those you listed are called EAA's (essential amino acid) and a small but important part of BCAAs list.

i enjoy XF's ICE and Scivation's Xtend for my BCAA which i use during cutting cycles to help preserve muscle loss, anabolism, etc. i would always buy online, if your ordering 1 or more products then it is usually always cheaper and more convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph4u2c View Post
    to be exact .... those you listed are called EAA's (essential amino acid) and a small but important part of BCAAs list.

i enjoy XF's ICE and Scivation's Xtend for my BCAA which i use during cutting cycles to help preserve muscle loss, anabolism, etc. i would always buy online, if your ordering 1 or more products then it is usually always cheaper and more convenient.
    actually BCAA's main ingredients are those 3, and the only ingredients as far as i know, dont know why u said they are a small part.

can you elaborate please?

Quote Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
    actually BCAA's main ingredients are those 3, and the only ingredients as far as i know, dont know why u said they are a small part.
    apparently you need to re-read what i wrote and this sentence from you "actually BCAA's main ingredients are those 3, and the only ingredients as far as i know" contradicts itself. if it is the 3 main ingredients and those are the only you know, then look at the rest of the list and you'll know more many decent BCAA products include more than just the 3 listed.

i said they are a small BUT IMPORTANT part, that is why they are listed as the main ingredients. these are the most important to bodybuilder, building muscle, etc. and are the "essential bodybuilder's amino acids"

Quote Originally Posted by peachfuzz
    can you elaborate please?
    sure. there are 9 essential amino acids: histidine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, phenylalanine, tryptophan, and valine. these can not by synthesized by a human. there are 20 amino acids that are made by the body and we do not rely on to get from food. these are different and not part of the essential amino acid group. any other questions feel free to post.
    Last edited by ralph4u2c; 08-26-2008 at 08:10 AM.

abbot138 is offline Anabolic Member
    apparently you need to re-read what i wrote and this sentence from you "actually BCAA's main ingredients are those 3, and the only ingredients as far as i know" contradicts itself. if it is the 3 main ingredients and those are the only you know, then look at the rest of the list and you'll know more many decent BCAA products include more than just the 3 listed.

i said they are a small BUT IMPORTANT part, that is why they are listed as the main ingredients. these are the most important to bodybuilder, building muscle, etc. and are the "essential bodybuilder's amino acids"

sure. there are 9 essential amino acids: histidine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, phenylalanine, tryptophan, and valine. these can not by synthesized by a human. there are 20 amino acids that are made by the body and we do not rely on to get from food. these are different and not part of the essential amino acid group. any other questions feel free to post.

BCAA's are L-Valine, L-Leucine, and L-Isoleucine PERIOD! I believe you are a bit confused. You may be referring to some amino acid supps that include more than just those 3, but by definition BCAA's are just those 3.

muscleporsche is offline Associate Member
    I take Bodytech's pill form

9 a day split up in 3's on an empty stomach

Quote Originally Posted by abbot138 View Post
    BCAA's are L-Valine, L-Leucine, and L-Isoleucine PERIOD! I believe you are a bit confused. You may be referring to some amino acid supps that include more than just those 3, but by definition BCAA's are just those 3.
    yes what he said.

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    Quote Originally Posted by abbot138 View Post
    This is correct. BCAA's are just those 3. Peachfuzz even listed a link to wiki that breaks its down for you. There are 6 other essential amino acids you get from food but these are the BRANCH-CHAIN AMINO ACIDS that have aliphatic side-chains that are non-linear (Straight from wiki, and yes I went through chem). I don't know of any product sold specifically as BCAA's that have anymore than just those three. The products that ralph listed earlier like purple wrath are not BCAA specific they contain the other 6 EAA's and other stuff as well.

i believe the term BCAA is widely associated with valine, leucine, and isoleucine in the body building world, but outside of that (rest of the world) the term branched chain of amino acids is a term referring to the unique branch-like chemical structure that the 3 amino acids form. this is not the only 3 amino acids that when bonded form a "branch chain" structure, but it by far the most common and overtime has generally been accepted as those 3. like peachfuzz, i was trying to be exact.

everything you read on Wikipedia may not be correct or the full story.

abbot138 is offline Anabolic Member
    I see, very informative, thank you

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    i believe the term BCAA is widely associated with valine, leucine, and isoleucine in the body building world, but outside of that (rest of the world) the term branched chain of amino acids is a term referring to the unique branch-like chemical structure that the 3 amino acids form. this is not the only 3 amino acids that when bonded form a "branch chain" structure, but it by far the most common and overtime has generally been accepted as those 3. like peachfuzz, i was trying to be exact.

I see what you saying with the 9 essential amino acids because the body does not synthesize them so in fact supplementation of all of them is more benefical than just the 3. But I did not think that the other 6 formed a branch like chemical structure hence the name BCAA. Should it be called BCEAA then? Please direct me to more reading if I am wrong. Yes I've been reading wiki.....

Mbuffguy is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx View Post
    **** GNC!

Get them online in bulk powder form.
    ya dude i just started working there .....**** GNC

Quote Originally Posted by Reed500 View Post
    I see what you saying with the 9 essential amino acids because the body does not synthesize them so in fact supplementation of all of them is more benefical than just the 3. But I did not think that the other 6 formed a branch like chemical structure hence the name BCAA. Should it be called BCEAA then? Please direct me to more reading if I am wrong. Yes I've been reading wiki.....
    lol no. think of it as more of a general term that how now been associated with those 3. also, there are boat loads of articles, research, and studies on various websites. i would stay away from wikipedia at all cost. that place does little to nothing to make sure its information is correct and has no validity.

last time i checked the molecular structures of amino acids did not change once they entered, "the bodybuilding world" whatever that is. Leucine isoleucine and valine each possess there own branched side chains, the three dont form "the branched chain structure" i have no idea where you are getting this information from. i asked you to elaborate and you spew nonsense. you told me how many amino acids there are and which of those are essential. nothing about branched chains in your explination.

lol no. think of it as more of a general term that how now been associated with those 3. also, there are boat loads of articles, research, and studies on various websites. i would stay away from wikipedia at all cost. that place does little to nothing to make sure its information is correct and has no validity.
    the only thing i have to agree with is wiki is not a reliable source of information. however that article was more than adequate for purposes of explaining branched chain amino acids. and if it wasnt then maybe this will help.

http://www.ajiaminoacids.com/docs/re...mino_Acids.pdf

http://www.bionewsonline.com/e/what_is_amino_acid.htm

as far as your "boat loads of articles, research, and studies on various websites" perhaps you could share even one of them that can enlighten me as to how isoleucine, leucine and valine are not the only BCAAs (only in the bodybuilding world)

well i will end all of this right now, when someone or a company talks about BRANCH chained amino acids as a supplement, they mean the THREE aminos already mentioned and just those 3. on my jug of protien, it advertises that has 5.5 grams of BCAA's in each serving, and on the back of the container, it lists exactly how much in MG of all 19 amino acids in each serving, and if u add up isoluecine, leucine, and valine, it comes out to 5.5 now if there was any other aminos that were considered to be BCAA, then it would say more than 5.5 per serving. and it even states on the label in the back which ones are BCAA.

taylor26 is offline Member
    BCAA's are a very important part of any supplement program.

Thread Information