Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!

*Creatine blocks Myostatin*

Creatine blocks Myostatin by inhibiting its function by GASP-1. The protein GASP-1 nutralises Myostatin and was increased in this study:

Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2010 Apr 12;317(1-2):25-30. Epub 2009 Dec 22.

Effects of oral creatine and resistance training on serum myostatin and GASP-1.

Saremi A, Gharakhanloo R, Sharghi S, Gharaati MR, Larijani B, Omidfar K.
    Department of Sport Science, Arak University, Arak, Iran.

Myostatin is a catabolic regulator of skeletal muscle mass. The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of resistance training for 8 weeks in conjunction with creatine supplementation on muscle strength, lean body mass, and serum levels of myostatin and growth and differentiation factor-associated serum protein-1 (GASP-1). In a double-blinded design 27 healthy male subjects (23.42+/-2.2 years) were assigned to control (CON), resistance training+placebo (RT+PL) and resistance training+creatine supplementation (RT+CR) groups. The protocol consisted of 3 days per week of training for 8 weeks, each session including three sets of 8-10 repetitions at 60-70% of 1 RM for whole-body exercise. Blood sampling, muscular strength testing and body composition analysis (full body DEXA) were performed at 0, 4th and 8th weeks. Myostatin and GASP-1 was measured. Resistance training caused significant decrease in serum levels of myostatin and increase in that of GASP-1. Creatine supplementation in conjunction with resistance training lead to greater decreases in serum myostatin (p<0.05), but had not additional effect on GASP-1 (p>0.05). The effects of resistance training on serum levels of myostatin and GASP-1, may explain the increased muscle mass that is amplified by creatine supplementation.

PMID: 20026378 [PubMed - in process]

Blog Entries
    thats interesting stuff considering most theorized that it was the intake of water into the cell that promoted growth...i havent used creatine in years but im now thinking about it again....

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Sorry for being a bit dim. But what does this mean?

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by Damien_C View Post
    Sorry for being a bit dim. But what does this mean?
    it's saying that supplementing with creatine decreased myostatin(which inhibits muscle growth), allowing for more muscle hypertrophy

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Ahh very good thanks for that. I'm not a scientist lol. So all these words are a bit outta my leauge lol.

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Insert myostatin MUSCLE RAT And MUSCLE COW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN70Jhtq_QU
    Last edited by Machdiesel; 02-10-2010 at 05:41 PM.

IM708 is offline AR's Supplement Guru
    Interesting study, ill have to add some info into my FAQ about that possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    thats interesting stuff considering most theorized that it was the intake of water into the cell that promoted growth...i havent used creatine in years but im now thinking about it again....
    Umm, actually it's from increased availability of ATP within the muscles.

Mr.Rose is offline Anabolic Member
    Actually, its not from neither ATP or water in the muscle cells, but due to the fact on induction of myogenic cell differentiation

Here is a snippet of an article i wrote in my first year at Uni,

3.3 Physiologic effects of creatine on muscle growth

Muscle growth can be directly related to muscle hypertrophy. Increases in muscle size related to the extended ingestion of creatine have been examined in a number of other studies. These findings were examined by Willoughby and Rosene (2001) who described as follows:

"...it was observed that creatine supplementation resulted in significantly greater increases in type I and II myosin heavy-chain (MHC) mRNA abundance and protein content after 12 wk of resistance training, suggesting that an increase in MHC synthesis may account in part for the greater increases in muscle size with creatine supplementation.”

Further research was then undertaken to observe the effect of creatine on various biological systems within the body and its effects on the expression of various genes related to muscle growth. MRF4 is a protein involved in inducing myogenic cell differentiation and is expressed in developing muscle as it is directly related to muscle growth.

Hespel et al. (2001) showed that an increase in muscle hypertrophy due to the supplementation of creatine is directly related to the protein expression of MRF4. A further study conducted by Willoughby and Rosene (2003) reported that creatine supplementation increased the MRNA expression and consequently the content of MRF4. Collectively, these studies could explain the increases in muscle size and strength that results in the supplementation of creatine compounds.

Now lets discus, .

I can find the studies if you guys like.

Oh that new study look promising, and the fact that it blocks Myostatin gene expression is AMAZING.

Please can i have a link to the full article.

Also, any word on artificial myostatin inhibitors? Apparently all study was dropped in 2008.

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    nothing can beat steroids but

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Rose View Post
    Oh that new study look promising, and the fact that it blocks Myostatin gene expression is AMAZING.

Please can i have a link to the full article.

Also, any word on artificial myostatin inhibitors? Apparently all study was dropped in 2008.
    I dont have access to the full paper, yet.

Its an intresting study to say the least.

Is that you in your avatar? Covered in baby oil?

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifto View Post
    I dont have access to the full paper, yet.

Its an intresting study to say the least.

Is that you in your avatar? Covered in baby oil?
    hahahaha..

I'll let you know its not baby oil... it's emu oil, the aussie way.

...... no one made fun of Ronnie C when he covers himself in oil...

hahaha, yes full paper please.

Stevey loves the oil, its better lube for the pushin, he hates it raw because i leave his hole red.

I'll let you know its not baby oil... it's emu oil, the aussie way.

...... no one made fun of Ronnie C when he covers himself in oil...

hahaha, yes full paper please.

Stevey loves the oil, its better lube for the pushin, he hates it raw because i leave his hole red.
    Ha ha ah... Fair enough.

You aussies make me laugh.

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    awaiting the paper...

haha,

you mean us aussies are great to laugh at, hahaha. too bad im not aussie, , im Croatian, i just live down here because stevey_69 gets lonely without me, plus ranging is lost, he doesnt know if he is ranging1 or ranging2. ahaha.

I'll try find my study on the increases in type I and II myosin heavy-chain mRNA abundance from creatine use and post a link.

In the mean while it will be great to get a few link.

Also do you know what the current science is on myostatin inhibitors?

Actually, it does...creatine supplementation increases PCr donates phosphate to ADP to create ATP.

Source: Nutrition in sport by Ronald J. Maughen, page 374 2nd paragraph down
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails *Creatine blocks Myostatin*-creatine-5.png  

NVR2BIG1 is offline Banned
    there will never be a powdered drink mix that will yield significant results. Never has been, never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by NVR2BIG1 View Post
    there will never be a powdered drink mix that will yield significant results. Never has been, never will be.
    ...what are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by IM708 View Post
    ...what are you talking about?
    Come on , lets get real. When was the last time you saw somebody blow up just using creatine? The stuff throws a little water on you and thats about it. I dont give a shit what kind it is, if its ethyl ester(which by the way is a bullshit marketing scam) or creatine with Waxy maize or whatever, its all $20 a jug bullshit. All of these arm chair theorizer studies mean nothing, yeah cause once NO Xplod came out people just started looking different than in the past and anyone on NO Xplod is a tell tale sign its a superior creatine!! hahahahah Everyone needs to wake up and quit buying into this sports supp hype

Come on , lets get real. When was the last time you saw somebody blow up just using creatine? The stuff throws a little water on you and thats about it. I dont give a shit what kind it is, if its ethyl ester(which by the way is a bullshit marketing scam) or creatine with Waxy maize or whatever, its all $20 a jug bullshit. All of these arm chair theorizer studies mean nothing, yeah cause once NO Xplod came out people just started looking different than in the past and anyone on NO Xplod is a tell tale sign its a superior creatine!! hahahahah Everyone needs to wake up and quit buying into this sports supp hype
    There called supplements for a reason you moron. Nobody 'blows up' on just taking creatine, its added to much larger scheme that is required to acheive results. Ignore science, be ignorant. BTW creatine is studied more than any other supplement on the market and is proven to work. But somebody who is as half witted like you would ignore 'junk' like that.

Creatine Mono works. So does, Whey, Casein and BCAA's. Beta-Alanine too.

I dont buy into the rest.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    it doesnt blow you up, its an indirect aid, it gives the body the fire power to 'blow up', the rest is training and diet dependant. creatine is prob the best and well documented supp out there.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Actually, its not from neither ATP or water in the muscle cells, but due to the fact on induction of myogenic cell differentiation

Muscle growth can be directly related to muscle hypertrophy. Increases in muscle size related to the extended ingestion of creatine have been examined in a number of other studies. These findings were examined by Willoughby and Rosene (2001) who described as follows:

"...it was observed that creatine supplementation resulted in significantly greater increases in type I and II myosin heavy-chain (MHC) mRNA abundance and protein content after 12 wk of resistance training, suggesting that an increase in MHC synthesis may account in part for the greater increases in muscle size with creatine supplementation.”

Further research was then undertaken to observe the effect of creatine on various biological systems within the body and its effects on the expression of various genes related to muscle growth. MRF4 is a protein involved in inducing myogenic cell differentiation and is expressed in developing muscle as it is directly related to muscle growth.

Hespel et al. (2001) showed that an increase in muscle hypertrophy due to the supplementation of creatine is directly related to the protein expression of MRF4. A further study conducted by Willoughby and Rosene (2003) reported that creatine supplementation increased the MRNA expression and consequently the content of MRF4. Collectively, these studies could explain the increases in muscle size and strength that results in the supplementation of creatine compounds.

Now lets discus, .
    How can you further differentiate a already terminally differentiated cell such as in the case of a muscle cell.?
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries

Now lets discus, .
    bollocks, of course it is. i'd be thinkin a sports degree would cover the same in Aus as in ireland

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    ...a little conceited.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    How can you further differentiate a already terminally differentiated cell such as in the case of a muscle cell.?
    lol...

There called supplements for a reason you moron. Nobody 'blows up' on just taking creatine, its added to much larger scheme that is required to acheive results. Ignore science, be ignorant. BTW creatine is studied more than any other supplement on the market and is proven to work. But somebody who is as half witted like you would ignore 'junk' like that.
    hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhaah....Iam sorry I ruuined your creatine post, I thank I'll go home nooowwwwww.......

Play nice...

hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhaah....Iam sorry I ruuined your creatine post, I thank I'll go home nooowwwwww.......
    Damn, you can't seem to get anything right today... and you couldn't come up with anything a little more intelligible? lol

Actually, it does...creatine supplementation increases PCr donates phosphate to ADP to create ATP.

Source: Nutrition in sport by Ronald J. Maughen, page 374 2nd paragraph down
    No, Im not saying that creatine does not increase PCr and hence donation or phosphate ions to ADP to form ATP. That i know happens. What i did say was that is not the reason for the muscle growth.

Quote Originally Posted by declan11 View Post
    bollocks, of course it is. i'd be thinkin a sports degree would cover the same in Aus as in ireland
    I dont do a sports degree, I am a Aerospace Mechatronics Engineer, biology is just a hobby, just like chemistry and quantum mechanics. That paper was a first, year first semester thing, where we had to pick a subject that we were not familiar with and write a speech.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    MuscleScience, This is a question: I thought that myogenic cells were like "blank cells" and then they differentiate into the different fiber types. Well that is what the study by Willoughby and Rosene indicated and due to the "significantly greater increases in type I and II myosin heavy-chain (MHC) mRNA abundance and protein content ", that the increased expression of MRF4 "induced myogenic cell differentiation and is expressed in developing muscle as it is directly related to muscle growth.".

I would like to know if that is right or wrong? Phate? MuscleScience? Want to explain?

Damn, you can't seem to get anything right today... and you couldn't come up with anything a little more intelligible? lol
    Stoopid is as stoopid does, "so Bubba said it blocked mystatin, u got yer cell tech, your volumaize, superpump250, then you gotcho' No Xplod, yo'Twin labs, cell drive, creatine Ethyl ester, creatine superpump, creatine and dextrose, you got yer creatine and grape juice, creatine and oats........ I think thats about it. Hell me and Bubba was tryin to bench 400 lbs one day on Creatine, and the NVR2BIG1 was next to us using test, well we was trying to keep up with NVR2BIG1 and Bubba died right there on that bench press. They said it was the myostatin, thats all I have to say about that

No, Im not saying that creatine does not increase PCr and hence donation or phosphate ions to ADP to form ATP. That i know happens. What i did say was that is not the reason for the muscle growth.
    More ATP = you can lift longer = more force can be put on muscles over a longer period of time = causing greater hypertrophy.

Thats true, but I'm talking about directly impacting hypertrophy, not a side product.

I thought that myogenic cells were like "blank cells" and then they differentiate into the different fiber types.
    Ugh, you can't simply switch between slow (I) and fast (II) fibers. There are physical differences between the two types of skeletal muscle fiber, concentration of mitochondria, density of fibers per unit, size of motor neurons surrounding the tissue, capillary concentration, sheer size of the fiber units, enzyme content/concentration
    Last edited by IM708; 02-11-2010 at 08:58 PM.

I think you misunderstood me. I don't know if my current understanding is correct, that's why i am asking for Phate and MuscleScience, or even you if you can to explain how the formation of fibers works. Because my understanding is that a myogenic cell is formed, which then can form whichever fiber is needed by your body. I though that when more muscle fibers are formed, that either fiber type doesn't directly form but a "blank" cell as such forms then differentiates into whichever fiber is needed. I NEVER said that you can switch between fiber types when they are already created. Im talking about blank cells, just like stem cells.

My understanding is that you are born with a certain concentration of fibers, unless you take hgh or igf-1 to cause hyperplasia. You increase the size of those fibers along with neural adaptations. Never heard of blank muscle cells, i know of satellite cells but those aren't easily activation.

Blog Entries

I dont do a sports degree, I am a Aerospace Mechatronics Engineer, biology is just a hobby, just like chemistry and quantum mechanics. That paper was a first, year first semester thing, where we had to pick a subject that we were not familiar with and write a speech.

MuscleScience, This is a question: I thought that myogenic cells were like "blank cells" and then they differentiate into the different fiber types. Well that is what the study by Willoughby and Rosene indicated and due to the "significantly greater increases in type I and II myosin heavy-chain (MHC) mRNA abundance and protein content ", that the increased expression of MRF4 "induced myogenic cell differentiation and is expressed in developing muscle as it is directly related to muscle growth.".

I would like to know if that is right or wrong? Phate? MuscleScience? Want to explain?
    Ok there was a key point left out there. It is talking about the developing muscle cell apparently. A myogenic cell or a Myogenic progenitor cell is basically a stem cell that is on its way to becoming a mature adult muscle cell.

For example satellite cells are mononuclear progenitor cells. They are basically a stem cell that is half way between a true none-differentiated stem cell and a mature muscle cell. Remember also that skeletal muscle fibers are multi-nuclear.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

BG

OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    BTW guys lets try to disagree respectfully.

If you all need a little help please read.

How To Get Along With Fellow Members On The Forum

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information