hockeyguy is offline Associate Member

looking too change protein drink

I currently like the way the one I'm taking taste but is just to pricing. Looking for some good ideas that people use/have used. Hope to have something that taste good but just cut down on the price. Currently taking Pro Perfoemance 100% Whey Protein.

POPS is offline Senior Member
    been using O.N whey for years. I get 5lbs for @$45.00 pre tax. This one tastes great, mixes great, and has all that I need. I once purchased a 6lb bag of EAS at costco for $29.00 ( if I can remember correctly ) Yeah thats cheap, but the taste does not compare to O.N.

If youre going to drink something everyday you might as well enjoy it!!

F4iGuy is offline Senior Member
    Another vote for ON. Go with the strawberry banana or any of their chocolates.

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Price and taste are good interests, but make your primary concern that of quality. That is to say, use quality proteins that are highly bio-absorbable rather than cheaply manufactured delicious ones, which often bloat you or revisit you via the exit door.

Unfortunately, the FDA listing of ingredients by amount does not apply to proprietary blends, thus once the parentheses are used all bets are off...the Busta's way of circumventing the rules! So when it comes to Whey you on want quality 'Isolate' not whack 'Concentrate', and with regard to blends the best way to discern quality is by cholesterol amount. The highest quality brands contain zero gms. Single digits are good, on up to 15 which is still decent. Those with 30, 45, 60 and above are garbage.

Best to you.
    Master Pai Mei of the White Lotus Clan

My motto: SAFETY & RESPECT (for drugs and others).

I AM NOT A SOURCE, I DO NOT GIVE OUT SOURCES, OR PROVIDE SOURCE CHECKS.
    I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY UGL's OR ANY ORGANIZATION DEALING WITH THE DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS/SUBSTANCES!

Difference between Drugs & Poisons
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/317700-best-fat-loss-compound.html

Half-lives explained
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...inal+half+life

DNP like Chemotherapy, can be a useful poison, but both are still POISONS
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/306144-dnp-issue.html

BE CAREFUL!

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Optimum Nutrition

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    The technology of protein powders has come along way, and I've found the protein powder at Costco is superior. It is a mixture of the following proteins:
    milk
    whey
    soy

each has a different rate at which it metabolizes, so a good and constant blood level. the other benefit is 6lbs = $30

tdiddy is offline Junior Member
    Chocolate Myofusion
    like $30 for 5lbs

hockeyguy is offline Associate Member
    Magic32. So when looking at ON whey it has 30g of cholesterol which you recommend one should avoid. DO you have a product line that you recommend?

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyguy View Post
    I currently like the way the one I'm taking taste but is just to pricing. Looking for some good ideas that people use/have used. Hope to have something that taste good but just cut down on the price. Currently taking Pro Perfoemance 100% Whey Protein.
    I use to rep for ON so I can give you a big discount off any prices mentioned in this thread man. Shoot me a PM if you wish.

bigslick7878 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by POPS View Post
    been using O.N whey for years. I get 5lbs for @$45.00 pre tax. This one tastes great, mixes great, and has all that I need. I once purchased a 6lb bag of EAS at costco for $29.00 ( if I can remember correctly ) Yeah thats cheap, but the taste does not compare to O.N.

If youre going to drink something everyday you might as well enjoy it!!
    I get the EAS 5lb for $29 at BJ's and it tastes fine to me. The hell if I am paying 50% more for a slightly better taste.

raspberry is offline Junior Member
    ON 100% whey is great. Overall taste goes to Syntha6 in my opinion though.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    ON Pro Complex. Strawberry.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by magic32 View Post
    Price and taste are good interests, but make your primary concern that of quality. That is to say, use quality proteins that are highly bio-absorbable rather than cheaply manufactured delicious ones, which often bloat you or revisit you via the exit door.

Unfortunately, the FDA listing of ingredients by amount does not apply to proprietary blends, thus once the parentheses are used all bets are off...the Busta's way of circumventing the rules! So when it comes to Whey you on want quality 'Isolate' not whack 'Concentrate', and with regard to blends the best way to discern quality is by cholesterol amount. The highest quality brands contain zero gms. Single digits are good, on up to 15 which is still decent. Those with 30, 45, 60 and above are garbage.

Best to you.
    Magic! You're alive?

spicyer is offline Associate Member
    An interesting thread. I've never been a slave to taste, quality and functionality is NUMBER 1 to me. There are no products on the market that satisfy my needs so I blend my own. My blend consists of ION Exchange Whey Protein Isolate 96%, Calcium Caseinate, l glutamine, bcaa's, multi vitamin powder, inulin and creatine nitrate.

Thread Information