Like Tree1614Likes

Thread: Cowboys Accountability Log

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Family_guy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboymike View Post
    Lol @ busting flanges... I swear we are from the same cloth lol... I’ve yet to get to tap into an under ground main to either feed a hydrant or even feed a new building for the fire riser I install... out here only the city is allowed to touch the mains... so they tap them, stub them up and then I get to take over. Every tap has to have a gate valve after it. Which obviously I don’t mind since I gotta install after lol... but I end up putting 2 os&y valves with a dang double check back flow between in the fire vault, then a butterfly valve on the inside of the building on the riser itself... then over to their required gate valve after the tap... it’s crazy.. one effin line...

I couldn’t imagine running a line up from the underground tap that you had to level lol... that pipe is seriously the heaviest friggin pipe known to man... I can’t lift a 10’ stick by myself... I tried and thought I was going to blow out my butthole lol... it’s my goal though... just to show the others who’s the mule of the bunch lol

I’ve actually and seriously was just eyeballing the Milwaukee!! Today at the shop!! I’m so tired of the dewalts.. I break 2 a year easy... just through simple concrete I have to drill my anchors into...
    What are those super heavy pipes made of?

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Family_guy View Post
    What are those super heavy pipes made of?
    Some ductile iron and some poly.

A 20' stick of 6" dia concrete lined ductile iron weighs 440-480lbs
    There is a huge variance because it is crudely made.

Thread Information