Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 440 raw bench

Tbone1975 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ascendant
    yea, i suppose if people primarily focus on their bench, they can really push the numbers up since their body is focusing on that muscle group for the most part. i suppose i wasn't considering the powerlifters who focus on only a select few lifts. the people i was talking about in my original post were the bodybuilders, i failed to take powerlifting into account.

to be honest, i really have no idea what my max bench was before gear, but i'm pretty sure it wasn't 400+. i was never concerned about how much i could do personally. to me, it was about my physique, which included size, cuts, and proportion. then again, i was never into powerlifting, so my interests were simply elsewhere.

taking all things into consideration however, i would have to say it's unquestionably possible.

But no doubt, over 405 with young dudes is rare natty. I don't care what people say. Ya got yer animals though, ya got yer people with short a_s arms lol, (I knew one, he was small as hell, 170ish and doing 315 8-10), ya got yer liars, etc. My hats off to young dudes doing over 405 natty. That is awesome.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by -DedicateD-
    im at around 190-195 and put up 365 and im natural so far

if you find a big guy who has been training for many years, i dont see why they cant put up 405+ with no juice...
    that you in the avy? 190-195???

edgarr is offline Member

mousetraps is offline Member
    he's prolly around 13-14% bodyfat, abs still slightly visible... hes done box squats with 455 and no belt for like 4 or 5 reps too, so he doesnt just focus on bench

helium3 is offline Senior Member
    just had another look and it seems to me he has 3 plates a side(its hard to tell) and maybe another 10-20(with the bits) each side if these are standard olympic plates 45lb then that dont add up.and your lift was 2 plates couldnt see if you had any bits on,maybe its just me but it dont seem right.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    love the raw pressing, f@*K the equipped bench shirt pressing, raw power is true strength

Quote Originally Posted by helium3
    just had another look and it seems to me he has 3 plates a side(its hard to tell) and maybe another 10-20(with the bits) each side if these are standard olympic plates 45lb then that dont add up.and your lift was 2 plates couldnt see if you had any bits on,maybe its just me but it dont seem right.
    all vids were taken with my 89 dollar toys'r'us camera

piepiezzz is offline Associate Member
    ok, 440 bench natty? are you talking at the time he benched it or his entire life? if he claims he's never done gear and can bench 440, he's full of sh*t. for someone to have that much natural test their nuts would have to be the size of baseballs. i seriously hope he doesn't claim he's 100% natural, cause people that are that full of sh*t just annoy me.

Actually.......I have done 485 in a competition 100% natural ( and at 198.2 BW) . I also did 385 at 177 BW (181 class)

I can say that because since then, I have used gear, but I actually benched more then than I do now. Building Muscle and Strength are two totally different things. I am MUCH BIGGER now muscularly but not as powerful as I was then.

The 440 in the video is a good lift but not a legal bench. Get into some competitions if you are interested in benching and you will see the difference. That bench at 440 I saw, if done with legal, proper form would probably be around 405-410. Pausing and killing ALL momentum is a proper, legal lift. 500 RAW won't mean !@#$ if it's bounced or bad form. I have "BOUNCED 525" up but would NEVER say I can bench 525 raw. Because it's not a good lift.

Just my 2Cents
    Last edited by piepiezzz; 05-15-2006 at 11:37 AM.

piepiezzz is offline Associate Member
    Oh Mousetraps........... LOVE BRITTANY DANIEL btw

boondockSAINT is offline Associate Member
    My buddy at 18 has hit 425 raw at 220, all natural. Trust me, if he juiced his father would beat the everloving shit out of him. These numbers are impressive, but not uncommon in the powerlifting scene.

Quote Originally Posted by mousetraps
    yo~

check out this link, it's my roomate benchin 440 raw at about 260 natty...

http://www.zippyvideos.com/8260153363268776/440_bench/
    thats warm up thats actually pretty sweet man

Quote Originally Posted by piepiezzz
    Oh Mousetraps........... LOVE BRITTANY DANIEL btw
    i like her better in club dread but thats me....

yea, take a look at how easy my 275 looked, along with the fact that 225for 3 sets of 8 went up today.... you'd think i could hit 300.... but not yet...

helium3 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boondockSAINT
    My buddy at 18 has hit 425 raw at 220, all natural. Trust me, if he juiced his father would beat the everloving shit out of him. These numbers are impressive, but not uncommon in the powerlifting scene.

well that proves it then.

boondockSAINT is offline Associate Member
    That isn't proof. I was just hinting that his father took steroids for a long time and would know instantly the minute he was on. He also gets drug tested at his meets. I'm not trying to start a debate, I am just simply suggesting that although these numbers are great they are certainly achievable for a natural lifter (the original topic).

alot is achievable depending on your biomechanics, the guy with long arms will always be at a disadvantage as apresser, but it is possible to be a decent presser with hard work and stay natural, but everyone will hit a level eventualy that there body will let them get to, i believe there are limits to your natural ability based on genetics and your build

if this wasnt true, than everyone would be able to press 700lbs if they followed a solid Plifting program

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    well, seems many people disagree with me here. however, i would have to question if so many people seem to be able to do 350+ all natural, why is it that all the guys you see in the "all natural bodybuilding competitions" tend to not be able to max for more than about 350? those are supposed to be the best of the best all natural guys, yet they fall well short of what others are doing all natural?

sorry, but i still just find it hard to believe. not saying it's impossible, but i still find it highly unlikely that those people had never done gear ever in their life and can bench over 400.

That could be cuz they are BODYBUILDERS!! not taking anything away from them but there #1 priority is who has the best body on stage, not who could bench the most.... there training for hypertrophy most of the time and thats much different than training for absolute strength in which ive seen many people hit over 350 raw... even some people in high school i saw could do that

diamonds is offline Banned
    This is some funny sh!t. I know a ton of people who can push over 300 natty. My roommate can bench 405 for reps. I think his Max is around 520 or so. He is about 6'1 340 pounds and I can guarantee he has never taken anything. His buddy pushes 6 plates a side for reps. Don't believe me? come out to Vegas and we'll show you. Oh, and bring any type test you want; steroid test, lie detectors, etc.
    Anyone wanna put money on this?

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Why do people care so much?

Is he natty?

Isn't he?

Shit.. we all have to work hard for what we have

I'd think y'all were members on the board long enough to realise the juice isn't a crutch. It won't turn you into superman like the media proports.

Give the man his due.

Narkissos

stee is offline Member
    bump

brjrj0000 is offline Member
    its not like 440 is that unbelieveable. I mean just because i can't do it doesnt mean that the other guy is on steroids that did. And 330 is the most you ever seen anyone do natty? I think you need to find a new gym. I mean i have terrible genetics and at 20 i got 345 a couple of times natty. Ive known people under 21 doing sets with 350 for like 8 all natty. I cant do a backflip and a lot of the things gymnast do but that doesnt mean when i watch them i think they have strings attached to em or something

yah, i think we got one troll saying it's impossible, and the rest of us saying of course it is... i didnt really think it was up for debate when i posted it!

ascendant is offline Senior Member
    yah, i think we got one troll saying it's impossible, and the rest of us saying of course it is... i didnt really think it was up for debate when i posted it!
    bro, i already revised my original statements with later posts. with how many people keep jumping back to my original, i'm tempted to edit it just to keep people from focusing on it.

like i had already stated, i was not taking into account powerlifting at the time cause that's a totally different field than what i'm into. i have since then said at least twice that taking powerlifting into consideration, yes it certainly is possible, but very uncommon.

oh, and "troll"? that's completely unecessary guy, and coming from someone who's ranting and raving about their roomate, i question the source of the accusation as well?
    Last edited by ascendant; 05-22-2006 at 06:53 PM.

bro, i already revised my original statements with later posts. with how many people keep jumping back to my original, i'm tempted to edit it just to keep people from focusing on it.

like i had already stated, i was not taking into account powerlifting at the time cause that's a totally different field than what i'm into. i have since then said at least twice that taking powerlifting into consideration, yes it certainly is possible, but very uncommon.

oh, and "troll"? that's completely unecessary guy, and coming from someone who's ranting and raving about their roomate, i question the source of the accusation as well?
    trolls do not keep up with threads, they just pop in with a statement and leave... so i apologize, you're not trolling. but yah, im not the one doing 440, im the skinnier one doing 275 :-D there's no bragging intended, i simply appreciate seeing videos of others, hence i figured out my camera to the point that i can share our experiences with others. no hard feelings, it's ok to state that you don't think it's possible as you did, especially since you're not afraid to change your mind. some people think the way they do about things, and never change, but its nice to see people on a board that will listen to others, and value the new information and point of views, and even change their minds on subjects. thnks bro

ascendant is offline Senior Member
    trolls do not keep up with threads, they just pop in with a statement and leave... so i apologize, you're not trolling. but yah, im not the one doing 440, im the skinnier one doing 275 :-D there's no bragging intended, i simply appreciate seeing videos of others, hence i figured out my camera to the point that i can share our experiences with others. no hard feelings, it's ok to state that you don't think it's possible as you did, especially since you're not afraid to change your mind. some people think the way they do about things, and never change, but its nice to see people on a board that will listen to others, and value the new information and point of views, and even change their minds on subjects. thnks bro
    it's all good bro. thanks for clearing that all up. like you said, i made a statement, decided i wasn't taking several things into account, and other members gave me other things to consider that changed my mind. that's what this place is about is stating opinions and seeing other peoples views on them. i'm not so proud as to claim that i'm never wrong.

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    id like to see lift without a sweatshirt on, just in tank top or something. seems like it be easy trick to just put a bench shirt on and put a sweatshirt over it.

zx10r is offline New Member
    i can bench 365 lbs and i have not really worked out really in 8 years. im just getting back in it since the kids are a little older. i was benching 415 @185lbs in high school and i never used.but some people have a great form and make it look easy. i can do alot of weight but not alot of reps. i get burned out quick.

I did 300! *bump*

T3/T4 GSR is offline Senior Member
    415 at 185 in high school?

congards man. you both looked great. always maks me feel good watching sombody geting stronger

Motion is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zx10r
    i can bench 365 lbs and i have not really worked out really in 8 years. im just getting back in it since the kids are a little older. i was benching 415 @185lbs in high school and i never used.but some people have a great form and make it look easy. i can do alot of weight but not alot of reps. i get burned out quick.
    Wow, impressive.

tranzit is offline Senior Member
    Lets also address the natty thing here.. are we counting "has done gear in the past" But isnt on anything now as natty?
    I have run 615 with no shirt or gloves but i was VERY MUCH on cycle... but off for over a year i could still pop out a few reps of 450. Natty like never have done anything.. well.. hehe.. who knows..

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by tranzit
    Lets also address the natty thing here.. are we counting "has done gear in the past" But isnt on anything now as natty?
    I have run 615 with no shirt or gloves but i was VERY MUCH on cycle... but off for over a year i could still pop out a few reps of 450. Natty like never have done anything.. well.. hehe.. who knows..
    so u have pressed 6 plates 2 dimes and 2 nickles?! w/o a SHIRT?
    thats rather hard to swallow...
    Last edited by taiboxa; 06-22-2006 at 12:18 PM.

tranzit is offline Senior Member
    Tai we all know you "swallow" =) i know i know. You will just have to take my word on it.. or not.. i was living in AZ at the time. Working out at LA fittness in scottsdale. I have no videos and at almost 32 married, a father and a bit lazy with a freshly repaired right sholder i can honestly say i will never again be able to put that much up. But i know what i did and thats all that matters =)

MrBigEd is offline Junior Member
    Dude at my old hs just benched 440 raw before he graduated, natty... weighed around 240

toofatbuilder is offline Associate Member
    changed my opinion on this post. can find my current opinions in later posts. too many people were focusing on this one that no longer applies, so it is now this...
    i dont know man, when i was in HS there was a senior my freshman year who was benchin 365. never touched aas. all natty..... he was an animal. we had 8 guys in the 1200lb club and like 3 in the 1500lb club. theres something to that whole "corn fed" saying... lmao

Quote Originally Posted by tranzit
    He's never touched a damn thing. You know what though? he's not even the most impressive bencher i know either i guess... my roomate from college, also 100% natural, could put up 305 at 175 pounds, six foot nothing, never lifted for more than a week at a time.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    He's never touched a damn thing. You know what though? he's not even the most impressive bencher i know either i guess... my roomate from college, also 100% natural, could put up 305 at 175 pounds, six foot nothing, never lifted for more than a week at a time.
    i got a guy GOOD FRIEND who .. is uber short! and at 135lbs @ 22yrs old he could raw press 365

his name was Sunny LOL

toofatbuilder is offline Associate Member
    ok, since this is the first time ive heard of a bench press shirt..... im wondering how in the hell does it help?

its a shirt made of a very tough rugged material like poly or denim. It's usually very tight, making it hard to reach your chest on the bench press movement... then on the upward stroke, it acts like a rubber band... some say it acts only as a support, some say it's cheating... when people have 600 pounds on the bar and they can't reach their chest...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information