Traithalons.... Anyone

Alright so i have been being lazy on my new years resolution and haven't been in the gym like i should be. I have lost bf% since my last go at posting stats for help. I am probably at around 12% right now, not high teens anymore.

My question is, has anyone on here ever trained for an ironman competition or triathalon? I have been thinking really hard about which way i want to go with my training...? I want to bodybuild and think i would be a good participant, but i also feel like i should wait and just train hard till later 20's or even early 30's..? Any thoughts on the best age to start? I know they have natty comps, but i wouldn't really be interested in "half as*ing" bb comps if you will. I would go for the big time.

I feel like at this point in my life, for health and setting a more solid long term base with tri training, it would benefit when i decide to go for bodybuilding...

Does anyone know what the training regimens look like for a triathalon competitor? Like what kind of cardio a day, what kind of weights they do? What is their average food intake as well.

Also, i have a medium build as of right now, although i can gain or lose weight which ever i decide. I just wonder if you have to have the "skinny" more slender build to compete in them? Would i be able to compete at a weight of about 180lbs?

Thanks guys,

"dirty d"

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    well if you want to be great in any sport, you're best off starting straight away! so if its bodybuilding, then forget the iron man and go for the bodybuilding......

Ya i understand that its best to start now with anything as far as sports when i'm already 23, but i fell that even my bodybuilding would benefit from triathalon training in the end, since my metabolism would slow down when i quit doing tri training and also, most top contenders in bb'ing are in their 30's aren't they? I really haven't done much research in bb'ing competitively, but i would like to get in that kind of shape... But i feel like it could wait maybe seeing as how i would be in much better shape health wise.

"dirty d"

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    it will take years of training and dieting to be on stage as a pro.....not saying you cant do it but it would prob take you 7 years to even be competitive at that level......thats with excelent genetics and work ethic.......me personally id prefer to do the traithlon route..

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw99.htm

have a look at this for some triathlon ideas...

Thread Information