Thread: Rhabdomolysis

ucf465 is offline Associate Member

Rhabdomolysis

i landed myself in the hospital this weekend with a case of rhabdomolysis.

Is anyone familiar with it?

did heavy sqauts in a 5x5 on friday, i guess i was to dehydrated and late on sunday i had a swollen stomach.

how did i get rhabdo in my abdomen from squats?

also i have been pinning 0.75 mg of MT2 every 5 days in my stomach. would this have contributed?

Thanks

ucf

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I was cheching out the MT2 online and saw a lot of guys that have used it saying they were having kidney issues, pissing and shitty blood and so on....and you know that rhabdomyolysis is harmful to the kidneys.

charcold is offline Associate Member
    rhabdo has been linked to intense exercise. The mechanism is thought to be because of depletion of ATP in the cells, coupled with direct structural injury to the cells. Lower ATP sets the cells up for increased damage. Being dehydrated, can have profound effects on blood flow as well as increase the heat retained within the body, and are thought to be potentiating factors. ( paraphrased from a book I have access to)

I would venture to guess it was from the strain of being bent over, and extreme pressure on your organs during squats, as well as being a bit dehydrated, for the reason for your stomach taking the blow. As well as being the presumable hottest place in the body.

Are you taking any other drugs? Im somewhat familiar with it in other aspects of its disease state, not necessarily exercise related/induced.
    Last edited by charcold; 09-29-2011 at 10:47 PM.

The Trooper is offline Junior Member
    im from brazil and a med student but what at least till now studied in college is rabdomiolisis is crap to kidneys can lead you to a total acute kidney failure. The drugs that commonly induce that are statins+fibrates(dont know if the name is correct in english, drug used to lower tryglicerids)...
    But i also heard that it is not rare to bodybuilders have high levels of AST and ALT what leads you to think about skeletical muscular strain...
    Tell me what did you felt that motivates you go to doctor?

wish you better.sorry for my english

ucf465 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Trooper View Post
    im from brazil and a med student but what at least till now studied in college is rabdomiolisis is crap to kidneys can lead you to a total acute kidney failure. The drugs that commonly induce that are statins+fibrates(dont know if the name is correct in english, drug used to lower tryglicerids)...
    But i also heard that it is not rare to bodybuilders have high levels of AST and ALT what leads you to think about skeletical muscular strain...
    Tell me what did you felt that motivates you go to doctor?

wish you better.sorry for my english
    my stomach was swollen on my right side. i got a cat scan and they said it was fluid in between the abdominal muscle tissue.

my number werent to high Creatine kinase was 1569 normal is 100 to 200. kidneys were tested as well and they were fine

The Trooper is offline Junior Member
    hey man your CKMB was dosed? or was it total CK?
    Anyway were you on something like AAS or another drug?
    Did they dosed your myoglobin? it is a more imediate enzyme that raises faster than Creatine kinase...
    Did you pin something like gh or insulin on the affected area?
    It could be subcutaneous emphysema maybe, but for sure was that liquid?not air?
    Wish you to get better...Are you feeling something wrong now?
    Sorry for poor english and my inexperience.

Thread Information