viking88 is offline Associate Member

can never get a good chest workout?

20 years old been lifting on and off since i was 14 and ive noticed over the years that i can never get a good chest workout in.. no matter how many exercises i do or how many sets it seems that my chest never gets that "pump" .. everything else i do i can always get a good workout in and i leave the gym feeling accomplished.. my chest has always been my weakest part and i really want to change that..

the only way i ever get a good chest workout is if i do very high rep with lots of drop sets and/or supersets.. but my goal is to keep my workouts in the 6-8 range..

what do i do? keep everything 6-8 reps but when chest day comes just do the whole high rep thing?

i apperciate the advice

ramacher is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    do negative reps that is what i do and dont start heavy work your way up in weights.

Drop sets, rest-pause, negatives, forced reps, etc.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by viking88 View Post
    20 years old been lifting on and off since i was 14 and ive noticed over the years that i can never get a good chest workout in.. no matter how many exercises i do or how many sets it seems that my chest never gets that "pump" .. everything else i do i can always get a good workout in and i leave the gym feeling accomplished.. my chest has always been my weakest part and i really want to change that..

the only way i ever get a good chest workout is if i do very high rep with lots of drop sets and/or supersets.. but my goal is to keep my workouts in the 6-8 range..

what do i do? keep everything 6-8 reps but when chest day comes just do the whole high rep thing?

i apperciate the advice
    then do that.......

are your tri's and delts alot more advanced than your pecs? have you tried dbell benching instead of barbell? flys? dips?

PK-V is offline Productive Member
    Tips

Drop your shoulders and squeeze your mid back holding your scapula together

Focus on the muscle your working (muscle-mind connection)

Do more decline work where little anterior delt is recruited due to the angle of motion

Also do a lot of fly's and DB work in general

NOSUPERMODEL is offline Member
    I have the same problem. I feel more in my shoulders(front) than I do in my chest. My shoulders tend to slump forward naturally. I wish I could find some stretching exerceises that would actually pull my shoulders back. When I do chest I feel like I am mainly working the front of my shoulders. I feel it really hinders my chest development and the weight I can lift. If I do shoulders earlier in the week before chest I can't even make it through my chest workout.

Thread Information