JohnnyJim is offline Banned

Temporary gains? ... Huh??

I mean what? lol

I recently just heard how the gains you get with Smolov won't last...

This wasn't even a PCT question. They just said flat out that somehow you'll lose your squat gains after Smolov...

This makes no sense to me.

Assuming that diet stays the same and you still train and you still dope/not dope, there is such a thing as "temporary gains"?

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Double post.

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    My understanding is that because smolov is the product of super accumulation training, after that you need to continue with the insane amounts of volume to continue/keep your progress.

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Khazima is correct. I don't think there's a very good chance of you losing ALL your gains, however, you will most likely lose a bit due to not maintaining a training routine that involves such high volume.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by musclestack
    Khazima is correct. I don't think there's a very good chance of you losing ALL your gains, however, you will most likely lose a bit due to not maintaining a training routine that involves such high volume.
    This is true.....training changes will change strength levels especially that top 5% of what you can do. I hit a 1 rep max on the bench of 400 a few weeks back......now that I have dropped 10 pounds and have changed my training to maintenance and segueing into a cut I doubt I could hit 4 right now.....and I don't care because my training is targeting something else.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    There is no way you can perform at 100% for more than a couple of weeks max. This is why you have peaking cycles in powerlifting and Olympic lifting leading up to a meet. With regular training your max in a lift will fluctuate just from day to day variations in diet, rest and life in general. So view the Smolov training as a peaking phase for the squat. If it works for you then great. But you can't continue to work at that intensity indefinitely.

Thread Information