Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Buster Brown

Thread: V-taper in 8 weeks

  1. #1
    Jesusbrah's Avatar
    Jesusbrah is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    476

    V-taper in 8 weeks

    Going on vacation this summer, and wanna to increase my width as much as possible. Any tips? Im thinking of training back and shoulders 3 x a week. Im on gear right now btw.

  2. #2
    marcus300's Avatar
    marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    40,922
    Diet to bring your taper out in 8 weeks, training your back and shoulders 3 x per week isn't going to do much

  3. #3
    Khazima's Avatar
    Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesusbrah View Post
    Going on vacation this summer, and wanna to increase my width as much as possible. Any tips? Im thinking of training back and shoulders 3 x a week. Im on gear right now btw.
    No need for a full back session 3x a week, 3 smaller sessions yes (for example a few sets of rows and a few sets up pull-ups at the end of 3 different sessions). But shoulders, especially for the width, laterals 3x a week especially if you're only doing them once or twice could do you a world of good. Personally i do 4-5 sets 2-3x a week of laterals when i was them to blow up, but i get pain doing that much volume on the medial delt so i cut it back for the sake of my bench.

  4. #4
    Buster Brown's Avatar
    Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Proud Bostonian
    Posts
    4,722
    You will be much better trimming your waste line down......that's what I have always done. Most people think I look 20 lbs heavier then I am because if my small waste. If you don't have naturally wide shoulders then your not going to pack am inch onto each medial delt head.....but you can take it off your waist
    marcus300 likes this.

  5. #5
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    24,420
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Diet to bring your taper out in 8 weeks, training your back and shoulders 3 x per week isn't going to do much
    If I fully trained back 3x/ week, I would be out of commission for a week afterwards.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  6. #6
    marcus300's Avatar
    marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    40,922
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    If I fully trained back 3x/ week, I would be out of commission for a week afterwards.
    It would be impossible to train the back and shoulders properly 3 x week. It takes me a full week to recover both body parts

  7. #7
    JesusFisio21 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2
    Is the great approach but two.days tp.of.rest.is necesary for these muscle and eat more carbs for these days (refeed)

  8. #8
    Khazima's Avatar
    Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post
    You will be much better trimming your waste line down......that's what I have always done. Most people think I look 20 lbs heavier then I am because if my small waste. If you don't have naturally wide shoulders then your not going to pack am inch onto each medial delt head.....but you can take it off your waist
    Very true actually, you're going to get much more in the way of a V-taper over 8 weeks by leaning down, putting on muscle for a V-taper is a more long-term process.

  9. #9
    Buster Brown's Avatar
    Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Proud Bostonian
    Posts
    4,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Khazima
    Very true actually, you're going to get much more in the way of a V-taper over 8 weeks by leaning down, putting on muscle for a V-taper is a more long-term process.
    Absolutely......correct!

  10. #10
    Joco71 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    North Central U.S
    Posts
    1,318
    Agreed ^^^ your best shot in 8weeks is working on getting leaner in your core waist line. Some guys work years to get their shoulders to pop.

  11. #11
    marcus300's Avatar
    marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    40,922
    lol.....

  12. #12
    600@50's Avatar
    600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    With the 100 lb plates.
    Posts
    1,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesusbrah View Post
    Going on vacation this summer, and wanna to increase my width as much as possible. Any tips? Im thinking of training back and shoulders 3 x a week. Im on gear right now btw.
    You're training is going to give you long term effects, i.e. size, width and muscle growth. You can't accomplish what your looking for in 8 weeks and maintain it just by training. You'll accomplish your short term visual goal by dieting to lose your midsection. Don't do side bends because they can add to your midsection width. Some form of torso twists will aid in thinning the midsection.

  13. #13
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,657
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Don't do side bends because they can add to your midsection width. Some form of torso twists will aid in thinning the midsection.
    Great old school (brilliant) answer right there. Nothing worse than watching people do side bends with weight. You're obliques are a muscle and when you work it with weight it grows. Who wants big obliques?
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  14. #14
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,748
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel
    Great old school (brilliant) answer right there. Nothing worse than watching people do side bends with weight. You're obliques are a muscle and when you work it with weight it grows. Who wants big obliques?
    I see this one guy take 45 plate each hand and rocks plate up and down as slowly rotating to one side and slowly rotating back.

    Guy is a genetic gift. Tall (6'5"), thick muscles and kind (he helped me with a machine once). Trains frequently but does this stupid move and I just don't get why?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •