Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree484Likes

Thread: Depressed? A healthy way out!

hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    Respect to everyone who has shared their thoughts and feelings. It refreshing to see people tough guys not adopting the tough guy attitude and for being real men.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowedzeus View Post
    Respect to everyone who has shared their thoughts and feelings. It refreshing to see people tough guys not adopting the tough guy attitude and for being real men.
    The tough guy attitude in general is what gets all us males. There is something to be said for having toughness and grit, especially in this day and age of afeminized males. There just needs to be a healthy balance when it comes to toughness and health.
    marcus300, PT1982, Obs and 2 others like this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Much respect for everyone who posted his/her thoughts and feelings in this thread! I think everyone goes through these ups and downs, and it is posts like all of these that make the world go round! Thanks for sharing everyone!

I wish my little brother would read this thread. He is going through a lot of what is posted here plus more. He is a recovering heroine addict that recently lost his job because he started drinking again after being sober for a little over a year. He had a strict policy with a big company in which he had a zero tolerance policy because they paid for his rehab through their insurance. He was doing so good and until he had a few drinks on a Sunday and wound up taking a blood test that he didn't even have to take at the time. He wound up having a very minuscule amount of alcohol in his system (like 0.0000001), and they fired him. That sent him into a downward spiral of drinking really heavily, really heavily. Thank god he did not get back on the hard drugs, but the alcohol and being on anti-depressants were enough to make him crazy as hell. On top of that, he found another job in the meantime and looked like he was trying to climb back out of the hole he fell into. Well, that didn't work as he continued to drink and abuse some of his meds he was prescribed. Then, he took some acid one weekend, and flipped out on the third day of taking it. Once he came down from all of that and we thought that he was getting back straight until his prescribed anti-depressant meds sent him on a crazy spell. The meds made him freak out and was not coherent about what was going on and had to be restrained and taken to the hospital. This was all in the past couple of months this year, and now it finally looks like he is trying to get himself straight (or so I pray so!). I hung out with him for Easter weekend, I can tell he was not the same brother that I once knew. He could not calm down for anything and always was talking about something random. It was hard to listen to at times because I could tell that his brain could just not shut down and be calm, and he was always fidgeting with his hands. He went to a psychiatrist to try to get himself medicated properly and for alcohol withdrawal, and is on his third week of being on his new meds. Praying that this is where he turns his life around for the better. It breaks my heart to have to worry if he will harm himself. I do not believe that he will as he really is a great and caring person. I want my brother back and hope I get him back soon!

Thanks everyone for sharing again, very inspirational!

Blog Entries
    Good Artical about Dorian Yates and depression.

https://www.facebook.com/FitnessVolt...38980956191255
    Obs and KINGKONG like this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

BG

OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

Tips For Young Lifters

hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    Much respect for everyone who posted his/her thoughts and feelings in this thread! I think everyone goes through these ups and downs, and it is posts like all of these that make the world go round! Thanks for sharing everyone!

I wish my little brother would read this thread. He is going through a lot of what is posted here plus more. He is a recovering heroine addict that recently lost his job because he started drinking again after being sober for a little over a year. He had a strict policy with a big company in which he had a zero tolerance policy because they paid for his rehab through their insurance. He was doing so good and until he had a few drinks on a Sunday and wound up taking a blood test that he didn't even have to take at the time. He wound up having a very minuscule amount of alcohol in his system (like 0.0000001), and they fired him. That sent him into a downward spiral of drinking really heavily, really heavily. Thank god he did not get back on the hard drugs, but the alcohol and being on anti-depressants were enough to make him crazy as hell. On top of that, he found another job in the meantime and looked like he was trying to climb back out of the hole he fell into. Well, that didn't work as he continued to drink and abuse some of his meds he was prescribed. Then, he took some acid one weekend, and flipped out on the third day of taking it. Once he came down from all of that and we thought that he was getting back straight until his prescribed anti-depressant meds sent him on a crazy spell. The meds made him freak out and was not coherent about what was going on and had to be restrained and taken to the hospital. This was all in the past couple of months this year, and now it finally looks like he is trying to get himself straight (or so I pray so!). I hung out with him for Easter weekend, I can tell he was not the same brother that I once knew. He could not calm down for anything and always was talking about something random. It was hard to listen to at times because I could tell that his brain could just not shut down and be calm, and he was always fidgeting with his hands. He went to a psychiatrist to try to get himself medicated properly and for alcohol withdrawal, and is on his third week of being on his new meds. Praying that this is where he turns his life around for the better. It breaks my heart to have to worry if he will harm himself. I do not believe that he will as he really is a great and caring person. I want my brother back and hope I get him back soon!

Thanks everyone for sharing again, very inspirational!
    Best wishes for your brother. Hope it works out okay

Quote Originally Posted by hollowedzeus View Post
    Best wishes for your brother. Hope it works out okay
    Thanks man, truly appreciate that!
    Obs, hollowedzeus and GirlyGymRat like this.

tempest818 is offline Associate Member
    I feel you guys...I go to the gym just because it's my only way out. It's like cutting myself except it's good for me. You think that nothing is going your way and that everything just fucking sucks, then you look in the mirror and notice something you like...your progress. and it just fucking sets everything off inside of me. It's all I really have. What else really matters that much with the exeption of what you call your family? Lame fucking people who hardly ever have the best in mind for you? Work? School? Fuck all of it.
    MuscleScience and PT1982 like this.

PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tempest818 View Post
    I feel you guys...I go to the gym just because it's my only way out. It's like cutting myself except it's good for me. You think that nothing is going your way and that everything just fucking sucks, then you look in the mirror and notice something you like...your progress. and it just fucking sets everything off inside of me. It's all I really have. What else really matters that much with the exeption of what you call your family? Lame fucking people who hardly ever have the best in mind for you? Work? School? Fuck all of it.
    Naked we came into this world and naked we will leave. What we do monetarily and everything we store up will mean nothing during our last few weeks. Tradition seems so wrong to me. Work hard, save money, leave your children with an inheritance. I know that's somewhat off topic, but doesn't that sound "off"? Work you live and enjoy life. Raise your children to be the best they can and hope and pray they turn out great and carry on the bloodline. My grandpa just died and he had saved his whole life and never spent money. He would spend 2 months in Venice, LA every year, which my dad, uncle, and myself would come and go catching redfish. We did this for many years. That's all he spent money on. He literally wore the same clothes he had from the 80s. Even wore his dad's clothes. Try to enjoy life and set examples for all who is around you. Your legacy will always live on to some degree or another, even when everyone forgets your existsnce ever was. In 100 years we won't be remembered. In 200, it'll be as if we never existed.
    tempest818 and Obs like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PT1982 View Post
    Naked we came into this world and naked we will leave. What we do monetarily and everything we store up will mean nothing during our last few weeks. Tradition seems so wrong to me. Work hard, save money, leave your children with an inheritance. I know that's somewhat off topic, but doesn't that sound "off"? Work you live and enjoy life. Raise your children to be the best they can and hope and pray they turn out great and carry on the bloodline. My grandpa just died and he had saved his whole life and never spent money. He would spend 2 months in Venice, LA every year, which my dad, uncle, and myself would come and go catching redfish. We did this for many years. That's all he spent money on. He literally wore the same clothes he had from the 80s. Even wore his dad's clothes. Try to enjoy life and set examples for all who is around you. Your legacy will always live on to some degree or another, even when everyone forgets your existsnce ever was. In 100 years we won't be remembered. In 200, it'll be as if we never existed.
    Sorry for your loss. And I agree...we're told to focus on all the things that we aren't really going to need later. I have my one hobby (the gym), I have my family who's there for me, I have my friends who I consider my family that I'll see every week, and I have my girlfriend who I try and better myself for every day. As long as I have enough money to maintain that freedom of always seeing and going to places with those I love, I dont really need much after that.

... I want to live my life like its a great and intense high and once I come down, it'll be time to die anyways hah. Just being borderline sluggish all day long and unenthusiastic has really made me see what i want to do with my life and it's to be happy as much as I can be. I want to feel good about myself, confident, happy, energetic, and if I die broke and alone but get those things then I'd have won. If you're an okay and functional person I think that you'll get by; maintaining your good relationships, making the amount of money you need to support yourself, being good to your family, or whatever it is that you deem necessary for your basic day to day functions. That routine gets bleak and we're left asking ourselves if were actually happy with anything and most of the time, we're just too busy dealing with bullshit to even question it. I'm only 23 but I feel like my time is now...to have my fun and to be happy and experience life. And every day i sit around and do nothing is a day I let myself down. I dont want to just tolerate the days as they pass and then move out and settle in a home with a higher paying job only to sit around and do bullshit in a bigger house.
    Obs likes this.

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    Working out helps me with my depression but not like some of you described. It's not the pain or letting out the anger so much as it's the control. In a life where it seems you have so little control especially during depression, training gives me something to control and focus on. I set the diet. I control what I eat. I plan the workouts. I chose the exercises. I create the results. This is a major part of my life and because it takes so much of my time it is a positive thing in my life that I have complete control of.
    Obs and DocToxin8 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PT1982
    Venice, LA, nice!

Do you and your family still go out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephets View Post
    Working out helps me with my depression but not like some of you described. It's not the pain or letting out the anger so much as it's the control. In a life where it seems you have so little control especially during depression, training gives me something to control and focus on. I set the diet. I control what I eat. I plan the workouts. I chose the exercises. I create the results. This is a major part of my life and because it takes so much of my time it is a positive thing in my life that I have complete control of.
    exactly

Blog Entries
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7234.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	420.6 KB 
ID:	169125
    Obs, RaginCajun and GirlyGymRat like this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post

Name:	IMG_7234.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	420.6 KB 
ID:	169125
    I recall back in the day working out used to release some relieving chemicals whatever they were but it doesn't work for me anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    I recall back in the day working out used to release some relieving chemicals whatever they were but it doesn't work for me anymore.
    you seem to post like this a lot, meaning, lost of stimulation

do you not reach any form of euphoria when working out or expending a lot of energy?

you seem to post like this a lot, meaning, lost of stimulation

do you not reach any form of euphoria when working out or expending a lot of energy?
    I don't have much energy to spend, I wake up in the morning utterly depleted, like I haven't been sleeping for a week, and that is the best time of the day.

That means I only feel worse after exercise, but that's obvious with an exhausted CNS.

I don't have much energy to spend, I wake up in the morning utterly depleted, like I haven't been sleeping for a week, and that is the best time of the day.

That means I only feel worse after exercise, but that's obvious with an exhausted CNS.
    damn man, that bites

i do not sleep well either, might avg. 6 hrs a night

do you have sleep apnea? any deficiencies causing this exhaustion?

damn man, that bites

i do not sleep well either, might avg. 6 hrs a night

do you have sleep apnea? any deficiencies causing this exhaustion?
    I can have plenty of sleep yet not feel rested, I don't recall the last time I had a good one.

Never checked for sleep apnea, but I doubt there is any underlying disease/pathology to it, I've got to the point I believe this is just the way I function, I made huge efforts to get any possible deficiency fixed, as I actually had some, but wasn't of help.

Blog Entries
    This video is very motivating, helps remind me that my physical limitations are not that big a deal.

https://youtu.be/1u-niluB8HI
    Obs likes this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

bullshark99 is offline Senior Member
    I just went in after 10+ years of not sleeping. Got the apnea, severe, stopped breathing over 100 times supposedly during the take home study. The CPAP machine sucks but I forgot what it felt like to wake up and feel human. 4-5 hrs of good sleep blows away 8-9 hrs of shitty restless sleep!

Quote Originally Posted by bullshark99 View Post
    I just went in after 10+ years of not sleeping. Got the apnea, severe, stopped breathing over 100 times supposedly during the take home study. The CPAP machine sucks but I forgot what it felt like to wake up and feel human. 4-5 hrs of good sleep blows away 8-9 hrs of shitty restless sleep!
    What were your symptom?

Symptoms were far and few, would occasional snore, wife said a few times I would stop breathing but that was rare. I just always had difficulty sleeping. About a month ago I finished up a 6 week tour with insomnia where I was getting 2-3 hours a night, very choppy as well. Couldn't take it any more, the irritability short fuse, literally living on caffeine so I went in.
    Trust me, the machine is a pain in the ass I don't care what anyone says but it's a game changer. Doesn't help a great deal with insomnia but the quality of sleep makes all the difference. Now I get 5 hours straight and I feel like a rock star.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Symptoms were far and few, would occasional snore, wife said a few times I would stop breathing but that was rare. I just always had difficulty sleeping. About a month ago I finished up a 6 week tour with insomnia where I was getting 2-3 hours a night, very choppy as well. Couldn't take it any more, the irritability short fuse, literally living on caffeine so I went in.
    Trust me, the machine is a pain in the ass I don't care what anyone says but it's a game changer. Doesn't help a great deal with insomnia but the quality of sleep makes all the difference. Now I get 5 hours straight and I feel like a rock star.
    Glad it worked out. It's a viscous circle, no sleep feel like shit, take caffeine to get through the day then it fully destroys your what sleep you were getting. I had to stop all caffeine at 2 pm. I felt strung out all the time.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Blog Entries
    I probably need to do s sleep study. I wake up in the morning feeling like someone snuck in my house and beat me with a bat.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    A lady from work has sleep apnea. The devices r becoming smaller and there are alternative methods. My only issue with sleep is I don't get enough.

Sleep is critical. I can see lack of rest on my face, in my posture, in my tone!

I probably need to do s sleep study. I wake up in the morning feeling like someone snuck in my house and beat me with a bat.
    What do you think, it's worth checking in my case? I might give it a thought.

Blog Entries
    What do you think, it's worth checking in my case? I might give it a thought.
    Couldn't hurt,

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Same here! I've always had problems sleeping and am looking to get a sleep study done as well!

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    They are going to blame it on trt.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    They are going to blame it on trt.
    It's even printed on nebido leaflet that it can worsen sleep apnea, at least in my country.
    Chicagotarsier likes this.

Blog Entries
    RaginCajun and marcus300 like this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Fella's just go and get the GD thing done. LOL, it blows..... I don't want to deal with the machine, and all the BS and expense... however, mornings are awesome....once u go in, deal with the BS, game changer.
    MuscleScience likes this.

Blog Entries

Name:	IMG_7258.JPG 
Views:	117 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	169200

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    I guess for all of us depression stems from different items. I will talk foreward on my issues.

The USA.

That was my issue. Holder, Obama, and the whole black issue that noone wants to talk about because of the hassle involved. It pretty much ruined a perfect country from the 70s and has made it a shit pit currently. I spent my whole life doing dangerous arse work serving the country in the military and come home to find the government using blacks to destabilize what was fought so hard to obtain.

You wake up, the news, the paper, people, everyone talking about it and too pussified to do anything. So to solve my depression I pulled an Eric Cartman, Screw you Guys I'm going home. Pulled my businesses from the USA and sold all leftover assets and jetted. Moved to Asia and haven't felt majorly depressed since.

It was a true 2 for 1. I always new pussy was easier to interact with in Philippines but had no idea how horrible women are in the USA (I know not all but the majority for sure). Living in China taught me how utterly depressed women make all males in the USA. Chinese women are not perfect but they do not go out of their way to be cheap losers thinking they are the bomb.

Any moment I feel a little down I click on Yahoo News and laugh my arse off at the hellhole I left. I know it might be offensive to hear someone talk about your country in this way but I earned the right even if you should not have to earn it.

And the last item corrected..in China you can say "No fat chicks" and actually follow through. Cannot do that in Cow Country USA.

Life is GOOD now. Life changes to things that irritate you are golden to life experience.
    Grappler13, Obs and hammerheart like this.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    The Rock has more issues to his depression than most. Certifiable Homosexual.

I agree, you EARNED the right to your opinion, and although I can see/agree with some of what you are saying, I would rather die than leave this great country, problems and all. Thank you for your service, sincerely, and all the best.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicagotarsier View Post
    I guess for all of us depression stems from different items. I will talk foreward on my issues.

The USA.

That was my issue. Holder, Obama, and the whole black issue that noone wants to talk about because of the hassle involved. It pretty much ruined a perfect country from the 70s and has made it a shit pit currently. I spent my whole life doing dangerous arse work serving the country in the military and come home to find the government using blacks to destabilize what was fought so hard to obtain.

You wake up, the news, the paper, people, everyone talking about it and too pussified to do anything. So to solve my depression I pulled an Eric Cartman, Screw you Guys I'm going home. Pulled my businesses from the USA and sold all leftover assets and jetted. Moved to Asia and haven't felt majorly depressed since.

It was a true 2 for 1. I always new pussy was easier to interact with in Philippines but had no idea how horrible women are in the USA (I know not all but the majority for sure). Living in China taught me how utterly depressed women make all males in the USA. Chinese women are not perfect but they do not go out of their way to be cheap losers thinking they are the bomb.

Any moment I feel a little down I click on Yahoo News and laugh my arse off at the hellhole I left. I know it might be offensive to hear someone talk about your country in this way but I earned the right even if you should not have to earn it.

And the last item corrected..in China you can say "No fat chicks" and actually follow through. Cannot do that in Cow Country USA.

Life is GOOD now. Life changes to things that irritate you are golden to life experience.
    I completely understand the sentiment.

I agree, you EARNED the right to your opinion, and although I can see/agree with some of what you are saying, I would rather die than leave this great country, problems and all. Thank you for your service, sincerely, and all the best.
    We will stay and do our best to fix it.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Very anxious to start the day tomorrow with my lady. She is going with me to bid jobs then we are screwing off the rest of the day doing whatever we wish. I can be happy with a glass of tea and silence. Pretty great life.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    Very anxious to start the day tomorrow with my lady. She is going with me to bid jobs then we are screwing off the rest of the day doing whatever we wish. I can be happy with a glass of tea and silence. Pretty great life.
    Cup of tea my dear chap
    RaginCajun likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Cup of tea my dear chap
    Yanks, such a cultured bunch
    marcus300 and RaginCajun like this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information