Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree520Likes

Thread: A day in the life lifting w/nach

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Afternoon Cape, Song PT & all!

BIB - is doing things most would crumble at check out the dungeon if you want to see!

On a side note I got a temporary tooth put in today only 500$ lol that may fall out at any time wtf ha! Well I'm surely not gonna lift today as I already broke a wisdom tooth and two muollers this way so another days rest - which I'm really not worried about as a wk I'll be right back to where I was - I have been doing delts bis/tris trap work with DBs(lighter) to pump up at least so not a total wash but start tomorrow with legs

Also, it's been 2.5 consistent months I've been working with my gf(well we had a two wk break from things) but training her she's already transformed her body(glutes, legs, arms and delts) are all starting to pop... I'm proud to say she's been hitting just as hard and at least my cardio isn't dead dead with all the *** we have lol

Starting with legs tomorrow first in rotation!!
    songdog likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PT1982 View Post
    Talk about the chronic pain. How do you cope? Can it be done without using narcotics? I know there is many variables and each person will have their own opinion. But what say you?
    Hey PT welcome my brother!

Obviously, yes I do have severe chronic pain and I started my journey already having it... It took me years to get off of pain killers... When I was 16 this all happened with my shoulder but after the car accident it got worse but at 16 I was prescribed 40mg oxys 2x daily - it was over after that as I liked the high yet it let me get done the things I could do!

Fast forwRd to now I've been off all narcotics for pain for 6+ yrs and after I put them down after my surgeries after the accident I actually feel much better and an overall better wellbeing as well as LESS pain... Not much but it is noticeable! That gave me hope and the drive to get my ass back in the gym... It took some time and an NPP lie dose cycle to fully reap my rewards and made me realize what I could actually do!

Now I'm not saying by any means I'm not in pain b/c each session depends on how my shoulder feels to allow me to work what I want, however I will push myself beyond anyone else in that gym especially when I start videoing my lifts and or having my trainer their with me!! Makes all the difference as you'd know...

Dealing with chronic pain on a daily basis has taught me to do the things I can and 'think' I can and also trust in myself and my Abilities - I love this lifestyle and the rewards that have come with it(confidence in myself doin things I never thought possible, and keep on truckin)

I thank you for bringing this up and I totally believ their are many alternatives to narcitic pain meds - such as massage therapy(various types), ART(active release therapy), phycological therapy, advanced chiropractors etc among some... Acupuncture and so on! So, imho yes it's all up to the individual as well as where they are among these variables as well!

Great question and I encourage anyone and everyone to share their stories and see what answers/suggestions we can come up with!

Respect

Nach
    Last edited by NACH3; 07-26-2017 at 04:53 PM.
    songdog likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Morning Song. It's too damn hot for coffee. I'll have a sweet tea.
    Hahaha I'll take both

PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Hey PT welcome my brother!

Obviously, yes I do have severe chronic pain and I started my journey already having it... It took me yes to get off of pain killers... When I was 16 this all happened with my shoulder but after the car accident it got worse but at 16 I was prescribed 40mg oxys 2x daily - it was over after that as I liked the high yet it let me get done the things I could do!

Fast forwRd to now I've been off all narcotics for pain for 6+ yrs and after I put them down after my surgeries after the accident I actually feel much better and an overall better wellbeing as well as LESS pain... Not much but it is noticeable! That gave me hope and the drive to get my ass back in the gym... It took some time and an NPP lie dose cycle to fully reap my rewards and made me realize what I could actually do!

Now I'm not saying by any means I'm not in pain b/c each session depends on how my shoulder feels to allow me to work what I want, however I will push myself beyond anyone else in that gym especially when I start videoing my lifts and or having my trainer their with me!! Makes all the difference as you'd know...

Dealing with chronic pain on a daily basis has taught me to do the things I can and 'think' I can and also trust in myself and my Abilities - I love this lifestyle and the rewards that have come with it(confidence in myself doin things I never thought possible, and keep on truckin)

I thank you for bringing this up and I totally believ their are many alternatives to narcitic pain meds - such as massage therapy(various types), ART(active release therapy), phycological therapy, advanced chiropractors etc among some... Acupuncture and so on! So, imho yes it's all up to the individual as well as where they are among these variables as well!

Great question and I encourage anyone and everyone to share their stories and see what answers/suggestions we can come up with!

Respect

Nach
    That's great to hear. Life without narcotics! I was started at 60 hydrocodone 10mgs a month about 10 years ago, after tramadol was just making me sick. I was upped to 90 within a few months before landing at 120 a month. This went on for several years and I would taper for a few weeks once I built a tolerance. So I did keep it under control. After several years, my GP was no longer to write scripts for chronic pain and sent me to pain management. They tried to start me on 150 roxicodone 30s a month with 120 hydrocodone for breakthrough pain. I walked out on them because I immediately saw that they cared nothing about my health, only about legally selling drugs. So once I went my own way, I have had no accountability, and spend way more than its worth. I can function at 40mgs daily, but I need 60-80 to get the actual pain relief. I ended up coming clean with my dr 2 weeks ago and didn't hide anything. I've never told anyone about it, and not even the closest people in my life know about it. So I'm being proactive in getting help legally and in a way that there is accountability. I've been made to feel like a junkie for a long time, and as you (and others who deal with chronic pain) know that 40-80mgs isn't enough to be considered a "junkie" dose. Sure, it would be high for a temporary acute issue, but over 10 years of use, there will be a tolerance. Anyways, that's my rant. I wish I could completely come off and have no pain, but I know that's a dream. It seems that with every new year, my body turns on itself a little more. I have tried everything and I'm even starting physical therapy in a few weeks.
    NACH3 and songdog like this.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    That's great to hear. Life without narcotics! I was started at 60 hydrocodone 10mgs a month about 10 years ago, after tramadol was just making me sick. I was upped to 90 within a few months before landing at 120 a month. This went on for several years and I would taper for a few weeks once I built a tolerance. So I did keep it under control. After several years, my GP was no longer to write scripts for chronic pain and sent me to pain management. They tried to start me on 150 roxicodone 30s a month with 120 hydrocodone for breakthrough pain. I walked out on them because I immediately saw that they cared nothing about my health, only about legally selling drugs. So once I went my own way, I have had no accountability, and spend way more than its worth. I can function at 40mgs daily, but I need 60-80 to get the actual pain relief. I ended up coming clean with my dr 2 weeks ago and didn't hide anything. I've never told anyone about it, and not even the closest people in my life know about it. So I'm being proactive in getting help legally and in a way that there is accountability. I've been made to feel like a junkie for a long time, and as you (and others who deal with chronic pain) know that 40-80mgs isn't enough to be considered a "junkie" dose. Sure, it would be high for a temporary acute issue, but over 10 years of use, there will be a tolerance. Anyways, that's my rant. I wish I could completely come off and have no pain, but I know that's a dream. It seems that with every new year, my body turns on itself a little more. I have tried everything and I'm even starting physical therapy in a few weeks.
    Damn PT. Thanks for sharing. everything starts with that first step.
    NACH3, PT1982 and songdog like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Wow... It's amazing how many of us land in the same boat(with pain killers) it's almost like the members I met here have torn their bodies up and obviously so!

I really thank you for sharing and like Cape stated it all starts with steps... At any time you feel the need to share or ask or just rant please do - this thread is for everything life throws at us and how we're willing to help one another get thru these times b/c this place has really helped me stay on track(i.e.; just not wanting to let down the people I've come close with and now call friends)!!!

I'll share a lil bit as to where I ended up... After my 3rd shoulder surgery I was up to 15-20 30s a day - after my accident 15 80mg oxys a day they couldn't even knock me out for surgeries anymore or I'd wake up in the middle of them... So having the accountability you did and kept yourself at you did things as best you could and I really respect that... I quit! I Just wanted to feel numb... However, when enough is enough, you know like I do and many others do, we come to that conclusion ourselves and it has to be that way, Otherwise we won't stay the course.

I'd love to get that relief from(even now I'd need 4-6 30s a day) to start just due to past tolerance which is a big kick in the balls... And you touched on something that not many do... I felt(and I was compared to you) an addict very addicted to these drugs just to function! But when the Drs that give it to you turn on you and make you feel like the lowest of the low and the worst criminals out there... In reality we did not choose this life I know I'd give my pancreas(since no spleen lol) to have a normal shoulder of just a RC tear lol... I'm running out of organs hahaha j/kn, but you know how it is!

I'm really happy u shared and all the best to you and your family just give it time - know that the sleep will be the hardest part and last part that comes back, unfortunately! If you ever need anything just ask I'll pm you and we can talk some more brother! In the mean time stay the course which I believe your already there with your attitude and fortitude!

bullshark99 is offline Senior Member
    Good morning all. Thought I would add my 2 cents on the above topic which I think many more people than realized can relate to. I too did about a ten year run with the opiates. Oh it started in innocent enough Vicodin then to Norco and finally the straw that broke the camels back, Oxy. At the end I was using 15 10's a day.
    I have had people snicker at me and say that's nothing but I beg to differ. Made the decision to tapper off and it just didn't work, made it harder. So took a week off of work and went cold turkey. Trust me when I say I understand first hand what being "Dope sick" means.....
    Two years off and some days it's still a mind fuck! It has its way of getting in your head.would be lying if I didn't own up to a couple relapses but stompt it real quick. Guess what they say a person is an addict for life.

Be well all
    Capebuffalo and NACH3 like this.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Good Morning everyone! Thanks Nach and PT for sharing that it's a shame how Doctors are the biggest drug dealers out there and get away with it.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bullshark99 View Post
    Good morning all. Thought I would add my 2 cents on the above topic which I think many more people than realized can relate to. I too did about a ten year run with the opiates. Oh it started in innocent enough Vicodin then to Norco and finally the straw that broke the camels back, Oxy. At the end I was using 15 10's a day.
    I have had people snicker at me and say that's nothing but I beg to differ. Made the decision to tapper off and it just didn't work, made it harder. So took a week off of work and went cold turkey. Trust me when I say I understand first hand what being "Dope sick" means.....
    Two years off and some days it's still a mind fuck! It has its way of getting in your head.would be lying if I didn't own up to a couple relapses but stompt it real quick. Guess what they say a person is an addict for life.

Be well all
    Thanks for adding brother 'bull' like I said before this thread is about what curveballs life has thrown at us while getting back on track and in here the gym is our temple!
    AKD_FitChick likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    Good Morning everyone! Thanks Nach and PT for sharing that it's a shame how Doctors are the biggest drug dealers out there and get away with it.
    Morning Song! It's a real shame but I will say they're trying to pull it together moreso now than before, although we'll always have to watch who we deal with!

How's everyone doing... Cape, PT, Bullshark, and everyone?

Legs today start my rotation I know it's a weird rotation but my gf and I do like working out together which is great b/c she can spot me and pushes me just as much as any other guy I've lifted with... She's hooked as her body is transforming very quickly which is awesome!

I'll post it up a lil later we're gonna go a bit later anyway!
    hollowedzeus and songdog like this.

Damn PT. Thanks for sharing. everything starts with that first step.
    I apprieciate it. That step is a lot scarier than many think. Sometimes it leads to a step backwards.
    NACH3 likes this.

Wow... It's amazing how many of us land in the same boat(with pain killers) it's almost like the members I met here have torn their bodies up and obviously so!

I really thank you for sharing and like Cape stated it all starts with steps... At any time you feel the need to share or ask or just rant please do - this thread is for everything life throws at us and how we're willing to help one another get thru these times b/c this place has really helped me stay on track(i.e.; just not wanting to let down the people I've come close with and now call friends)!!!

I'll share a lil bit as to where I ended up... After my 3rd shoulder surgery I was up to 15-20 30s a day - after my accident 15 80mg oxys a day they couldn't even knock me out for surgeries anymore or I'd wake up in the middle of them... So having the accountability you did and kept yourself at you did things as best you could and I really respect that... I quit! I Just wanted to feel numb... However, when enough is enough, you know like I do and many others do, we come to that conclusion ourselves and it has to be that way, Otherwise we won't stay the course.

I'd love to get that relief from(even now I'd need 4-6 30s a day) to start just due to past tolerance which is a big kick in the balls... And you touched on something that not many do... I felt(and I was compared to you) an addict very addicted to these drugs just to function! But when the Drs that give it to you turn on you and make you feel like the lowest of the low and the worst criminals out there... In reality we did not choose this life I know I'd give my pancreas(since no spleen lol) to have a normal shoulder of just a RC tear lol... I'm running out of organs hahaha j/kn, but you know how it is!

I'm really happy u shared and all the best to you and your family just give it time - know that the sleep will be the hardest part and last part that comes back, unfortunately! If you ever need anything just ask I'll pm you and we can talk some more brother! In the mean time stay the course which I believe your already there with your attitude and fortitude!
    My biggest issue is how the Dr's make me feel. They make me feel like a junked out addict, which I'm not. You will never meet anyone in my life that'll ever tell you that they've seen me intoxicated. Once that tolerance goes up, it's only a matter of time before one either quits or goes full blast. Keeping it in has been hard because some of my family, wife included, don't know how addiction is. I could easily take 150mgs a day and still function, but I don't. I won't. But when I've been on them daily for over a decade there is going to be a habit formed. While I don't have any accountability right now being in secret, I do have the willpower to know the least I can take to live normal, how much I need for actual pain relief, and how much is too much. 40mgs keeps my from going into WDs, 60-80mgs gives me just enough to work with no serious pain, over 100mgs would be about right, but I won't go there due to trying to keep tolerance at bey. That's why I saw very open with my dr last week. She's a very very close friend of my parents and she knows me and has since I was 10. She knows I've never been into drugs or trouble, but I told her there is risk in me getting them illegally. So she is working on a solution. I don't want more than I need because that's playing with fire. I want just enough that I can manage my pain. And getting then legally, I can have my wife lock them down and dispense whatever my dose will be for the day. Voila! But that's ideally. The feds getting involved in big pharma has hurt those of us that need the meds. And the ones that abuse the system of course.
    NACH3 likes this.

^^^^^^ its a tough one, I can definetly relate as I know a lot of people can. Don't mean to Hijack your thread Brother Nacho libre but call it Murphys law or Karma, I posted at 3:35 this morning some of my Demons......I wish I knew what was ok and what is not ok in regards to acceptable dosage/usage without consequences...

I have to stay away, I cant do 30-60- mgs daily or every couple of days and keep it in check. It always grows...more and more, efen tolerance. Some people can maybe do it but took me about a decade to realize I am not one of them. I need a 3 level spinal fusion and a new hip currently so I am legit, not using for entertainment purposes but I cant find that point where I do not over use so I must abstain, I feel I do not have a choice or I will become one of those statistics..

4 hrs ago I got a phone call from a number I recognized but no name. I opened it and it said "the bird has landed, you hungry?" Been 8 weeks since my last relapse (2.5 days) I immediately blocked the number but I couldn't sit still for 10 mins, anxiety thru the roof! Told my assistaint I'm leaving for an hour, went hit chest HARD for 40 minutes, showered came back to work. Hasn't crossed my mind since, but what a mind fuck. What I wouldn't give to of never had touched em years ago.....
    NACH3 and PT1982 like this.

Work got in the way today and will tomorrow. No lifts.
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bullshark99 View Post
    ^^^^^^ its a tough one, I can definetly relate as I know a lot of people can. Don't mean to Hijack your thread Brother Nacho libre but call it Murphys law or Karma, I posted at 3:35 this morning some of my Demons......I wish I knew what was ok and what is not ok in regards to acceptable dosage/usage without consequences...

I have to stay away, I cant do 30-60- mgs daily or every couple of days and keep it in check. It always grows...more and more, efen tolerance. Some people can maybe do it but took me about a decade to realize I am not one of them. I need a 3 level spinal fusion and a new hip currently so I am legit, not using for entertainment purposes but I cant find that point where I do not over use so I must abstain, I feel I do not have a choice or I will become one of those statistics..

4 hrs ago I got a phone call from a number I recognized but no name. I opened it and it said "the bird has landed, you hungry?" Been 8 weeks since my last relapse (2.5 days) I immediately blocked the number but I couldn't sit still for 10 mins, anxiety thru the roof! Told my assistaint I'm leaving for an hour, went hit chest HARD for 40 minutes, showered came back to work. Hasn't crossed my mind since, but what a mind fuck. What I wouldn't give to of never had touched em years ago.....
    I couldn't do it at all and keep in check - it's only a matter of time with me and that's ok as long as I know this!
    PT1982 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Legs

-- Ext's s/s leg press(outside inside)
    6w sets each pyramiding up w/ext's - 6 plates aside 12-20 reps each set
    So basically 12sets without stopping my legs were shot

-- leg curls
    3w 10-15reps DD

-- BB stiff legged deads
    3w 10-12 pretty damn heavy too

-- hacks
    2w at 20reps

35min the volume killed me thx for some tips Kel
    Capebuffalo and OdinsOtherSon like this.

AKD_FitChick is offline Female Member
    DB Military Press x3. Got the 80's up today.

Smith Military Press x3

Lateral Raises x3

Reverse Pec Dec x3

Attachment 170081
    Look great Cape!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Morning everone wats going on today? Back and Bi's for me.
    NACH3 and Capebuffalo like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    What's up fellas and D

Legs are sore as hell so gonna hit delts and tris later today or arms not sure yet

Let's kick some iron square in the cunt!(right Marcus)

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Arms - short intense and to the point

Carrying first set of a HIT routine and working set to 6-10 then dropping get a better pump and feeling the fibers tearing - but nothing under six reps unless it's a heavy shock day

-- WG Oly bar curls
    2w/u 10-12
    1w 8ish DD

-- cable drag curls from bottom pully
    2w drop + RP

-- hammers s/s w/hammer preachers
    Ran rack on hammers 1w 4 drops - 2w 8-12 w/forced reps on each and slow negs

-- CG smith bench
    Pyramided up to 315
    1w6 3drops

-- skulls
    2w 6-10 DD

-- Straight bar pushdowns s/s OH Rope ext's
    2w heavy DD each

-- one arm rope ext - high reps 20+ for lateral head

Fuckin A a good one fellas
    Capebuffalo likes this.

Good morning Nach and everyone! wats going on this Saturday morning?
    NACH3 and Capebuffalo like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Good morning Nach and everyone! wats going on this Saturday morning?
    What's up Song?! How you be? Lol

What's up brothers and freaks!

Gotta good delt trap w/o in today legs are crushed still and arms are right sore today(1.5cc in outer bicep head yesterday) love that hard contraction after pinning em

Just did some smith presses
    Side laterals - always starting from the thighs like Kel mentions
    Front raises
    Rear delts facing incline pulling up and out

I did pre-exhaust them pressing last and threw in a set or two of the perpendicular smith presses Kel did the other day... I'll start with them next time it'll help with my ROM just gotta go a lil lighter
    songdog likes this.

hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    What's up Song?! How you be? Lol

What's up brothers and freaks!

Gotta good delt trap w/o in today legs are crushed still and arms are right sore today(1.5cc in outer bicep head yesterday) love that hard contraction after pinning em

Just did some smith presses
    Side laterals - always starting from the thighs like Kel mentions
    Front raises
    Rear delts facing incline pulling up and out

I did pre-exhaust them pressing last and threw in a set or two of the perpendicular smith presses Kel did the other day... I'll start with them next time it'll help with my ROM just gotta go a lil lighter
    What is the benefit from starting from the thighs as opposed to starting from the front with side laterals?
    Last edited by hollowedzeus; 07-29-2017 at 11:37 AM.
    NACH3 likes this.

Good morning everyone! hey Cape Nach we should enter D in the next comp!
    AKD_FitChick and NACH3 like this.

AKD_FitChick is offline Female Member
    Hey there guys! Hope you all are working hard over here. It's back time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Capebuffalo and songdog like this.

Good morning everone time to get moving! Right after my 2nd cup of coffee though

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowedzeus View Post
    What is the benefit from starting from the thighs as opposed to starting from the front with side laterals?
    Way less momentum can be used!! Also start at the thighs all the time every rep and hold onto something leaning out which will use all delt in the process(medial delt at that) which creates those bowling balls!
    hollowedzeus and songdog like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Morning Cape, Song, Clarky, Girly, D Kel and gang!

BIB AND KEL NEED TO STOP IN I THINK lol

Did a short intense delt workout yesterday no pressing just covering fronts, sides(a lot) and tons of rear delts with a higher rep range felt great gig those bowling balls forming n my delts! love that look along with a good arm separation! Chest later I'm thinking

Kickass everyone!
    songdog and Capebuffalo like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Good morning everyone! hey Cape Nach we should enter D in the next comp!
    I agree! She'd kick most of the men's asses in here - I'm trying to get my gf singned up too - she's all natty and has horshoes like a horses foot... 2months into TRAINNG - and her legs and glutes(ass) is phenomenal as well her upper chest is a poppin as well as upper her upper & lower back... Let's just say.... she's got some serious fukin genetics... That I will say!
    Last edited by NACH3; 07-31-2017 at 12:46 PM.

I agree! She'd kick most of the men's asses in here - I'm trying to get my gf singned up too - she's all natty and has horshoes as tris after 2months of TRAINNG - and her legs and glutes(ass) is phenomenal as well and upper chest is a popping upper back she's got serious genetics I'll say that!
    I wouldn't compete against her.
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't compete against her.
    Talkin about D - I know you wouldn't lol
    Capebuffalo and songdog like this.

Fella's and gals.... struggling with motivation lately...trying to dig deep, always open to suggestions??? Today did shoulders and traps.. didn't feel like being there so tried to mix it up and go very high reps. Probably looked like a little school girl but think I was fairly successful in that I got a real good burn by the time I was done..

Will be up out of bed at 4:20 tomorrow, on the road by 5am, will not feel like it but force myself to the gym....any little tricks, games people play to motivate them thru a day or two, maybe a week to stay on track, very open to any feedback. 30 plus yrs in the gym, not uncommon for me to go thru these droughts but they seem to get more and more intense every year that goes by...

Bull
    NACH3 likes this.

Up early, good morning all, time to rip the arms apart...
    songdog likes this.

Good morning everyone! Yeah bullshark I just look at a pic of Nach and it keeps me going beacuse I was going to hang it up!

Good morning Song Ag Nacho and D-

V bar push downs 3x10

French Press 60x10 70x10 80x6

Incline skull crushers 65x10 75x8 85x4

DB hammer curls 40x10 drop 30x10 drop 20x10 (one set) x2

Barbell curl 100x10 100x6

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7971.JPG 
Views:	158 
Size:	626.7 KB 
ID:	170137
    songdog likes this.

Good morning Song Ag Nacho and D-

V bar push downs 3x10

French Press 60x10 70x10 80x6

Incline skull crushers 65x10 75x8 85x4

DB hammer curls 40x10 drop 30x10 drop 20x10 (one set) x2

Barbell curl 100x10 100x6

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7971.JPG 
Views:	158 
Size:	626.7 KB 
ID:	170137
    Looks good bro!
    Capebuffalo likes this.

Sorry Song didn't work (Nacho) but took a closer peek @ AKD and it did the trick LOL...

DB incline x3

Smith Incline x2

Decline Press x3

Cable Cross Overs x3
    songdog and NACH3 like this.

Good morning Nach got some running around to due then chest n tri's
    NACH3 likes this.

Good morning Nach got some running around to due then chest n tri's