Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    I believe there is an energy in all of us (a soul ??) that belongs to a whole energy. The energy that makes the universe, nature, animals, trees, earth, etc... and that when we die the energy becomes a part of something else. Kind of like reincarnation, but on a more metaphysical level. The source or the center of the energy being "God" or some "Greatest Concievable Being".

There is no way that I am aware to destroy energy, it always exist in some form. The human body contains a lot of energy...

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by max2extreme
    I personally dont think its foolish. Of course looking at my point of view, you have to remember I believe the bible is God's word. I see it as God created the universe for Humans, as is said in the bible. Of course there wasnt 'christians' for thousands of years later. After God sent Jesus to the world, who was prophesized, only thru him did we get to heaven. We cant really say for sure about your "...universe is so **** big, ...." paragraph. Most assume there has to be life on one of the millions of other planets becaust of statistics, or "whats the chances that there isnt life on another planet"...Most assume slim. But it could be that there is NO other life form out there. Couldnt it? It could be that the limits of the universe are set and there is a point of where we cant tell anything further (distance wise) and we just dont know the difference in that it is the boundary of the universe vs. we dont have the technology. Possible. Do I know for sure...no. But it doesnt mention anything in the bible about little green men.. I agree with you saying "...we cant even begin to comprehend what his plan is..." and half about your "ant" analogy. but, what if we could turn ourselves into an ant. We could speak the ant language (if there is one). Lets say that ants had religions in their ant life.. heh. We turn ourself into an ant, tell them about god, give them an 'ant bible'....blah blah... Then they can comprehend. Just as Jesus came to us. also add to that, we are able to talk ant language in our present human form. we could stand next to an ant, he wouldnt be able to see us because we are so big or whatever. we tell that ant, I am God. blah blah. Hes gonna go tell his ant friends about it and thus, we have a religion. That was a long babble..sorry. but i agree, we cant even imagine his works, plans, or anything that happens, all we have his is teaching in the bible. That we can understand.
    Ok lets assume earth is the only place where there is life in the universe. Now why would god create a absoutely gigantic universe and then only make life appear on earth? That is a gigantic waste of space considering the sheer scale of the universe. I mean there are more stars in the universe then there are grains of sand on all of earths beaches put togheter and a decent % of those stars have planets...If you are getting a pet you dont buy it a whole country to roam in.

How would your views change if we found life(or traces of life) on mars or in the oceans of europa(one of jupiters moons not the continent lol)?? The 2 most likely places for life in our solar system besides earth.

your view of the ant explenation was pretty good though. That sounds pretty reasonable.

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    as for the giant universe and waste of space, its not like it is hard or takes time for god to create it. quicker than you can say quick, hes got a gazillion other universes bigger than ours. true, if i got a pet, i wouldnt buy a whole country to roam in, but if i could buy a pet and with the snap of a finger i could give him a world to do whatever he wanted, and i always knew where he was and i was always able to instantly go to him, i sure would. Finding life on other planents...it would depend I guess. a plant is a life form, if we found a plant on another planet, wouldnt change me at all. If a smart being was found that could communicate and grow, I would teach him the bible. I dont know how id feel.

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    I think that there may be life on other planets but if you belive in the Bibles teachings then Satan has corrupted us and we are imperfect Satans reaches are only on Earth so other beings would be perfect.

I believe God tells other beings to stay away from us until we are once again perfect and everything gets in order.

Were kinda like the inbred alabama dwellers of the universe.

I hope that the day that we find extra terestial life will come soon. Just to se how it will effect things. I think even finding a miniscule bacteria would be HUGE. Cause it would mean life is not something rare and that its very likely to be life everywhere where it has the oppertunity.

Z-Ro is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    Evil=opposite of good......God creates everything
    I said Evil is the absence of good, so Evil fills in the void that good leaves.

GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    I don't beleive in any of it.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Z-Ro
    I said Evil is the absence of good, so Evil fills in the void that good leaves.

Well, if Evil is the absence of Good, what is Good? The absence of Evil?

That still doesn't explain anything . . .

-Tock

Joey2ness is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by edraven29
    do you guys beleive that there is life after death???

i beleive in god but seems like the older you get, you ask these questions on and on and no proof or answer to all of this.
    I remember the following from watching some show on t.v about god and the guy talking was a priest or something. some of this might not be entirely accurate but heres how i remember it

After we die. Whether we were good or bad we all end up in the same place regardless (that includes Anti-Christ men like Hitler ,Napoleon and beings alike) and that place is neither heaven or hell. Its a place of total darkness with no existence and there will be a waiting period before we re-incarnate back to earth to be reborn again.

For some reason but i dont know why. Some of us will be born normal, some less fortunate then others will be born with disabilities, they will be blind, deaf,or parylyzed(missing a body part) or with an in-curable disease ......ETC

this could be because of something they did in their past life or something they're supposed to do in this life with their disability to set an example for others
    Last edited by Joey2ness; 04-30-2006 at 02:25 PM.

magicksun is offline New Member
    I believe in reincarnation.

And to me there's no hell or heaven, people who act badly will have a bad fate in their live people who act good will not.
    Last edited by magicksun; 02-24-2005 at 11:24 AM.

LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member
    no....

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    only the dead know. i have hope that there's a god but no proof

There might or might not be an afterlife, but lots of unscrupulous people make a very good living from other folk's fear of it.
    Pretty lucrative scam . . .
    -Tock

urbanite is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by edraven29
    do you guys beleive that there is life after death???

i beleive in god but seems like the older you get you ask these questions on and on and no proof or answer to all of this.
    damn this is one of my favorite subjects, although i wouldn't expect to find it in this type of forum!

my humble opinion goes something like this: i have no idea whether there is life after death, and i don't believe there is a human being alive today that knows that answer either. one thing I believe with the upmost certainty: religion is an aging vice that has served its purpose well throughout the years, and will soon be ready to retire. i believe as a species we will continue to evolve and one day will outgrow the necessity of practicing religious teachings, as we will be lead by our government's laws and common sense of logic and morality. we will continue to get closer to finding the answer to some of our oldest questions, like "how were we created, as a species among millions of other species on this rock in outerspace?" we will answer these questions with the coming of future technology and intelligently applied science -- thus undermining some value of religion, as a part of its value comes from providing "answers" to these types of questions. we will have laws that protect us and are in favor of the majority (some would argue we have that today, but i am also speaking of other countries that still don't have this) -- this will also undermine some value of religion, as I believe part of its purpose was to govern the masses (we [modern day europe] didn't have laws [especially ones that addressed morality] 2000 years ago obviously).

so, if we are talking about religion, it is not hard to take an opposition and argue until the sun comes up. if we are talking about "the afterlife", then it is fair game for everyone. i don't believe we will ever know the answer to that -- at least, while we are alive.

urbanite is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    There might or might not be an afterlife, but lots of unscrupulous people make a very good living from other folk's fear of it.
    Pretty lucrative scam . . .
    -Tock
    that about sums it up! lol

a simple answer, but absolutely true. really, the answer should never be any more complex than that "there might or might not be..."

PrimoPup is offline Associate Member
    Well my sister went to this lady who talks to the dead, and let me tell you she was so accurate on everything it scared the hell out of me. She said she was talking to my deceased mother, and that she was cradling someone in her arms , a J....a ....Jo no a Joey, but she could not see him, the psychic i mean, she asked my sister is he deceased, i can not see him, my sister then told her that he is not even born yet and that my wife is 5 months pregnant. Then she told my sister that your mother is shaking her head and smiling with joy, she said to tell you that she rocks him to sleep every night and that he never leaves her arms, then she said your mother is telling you to tell a B.. a Bi.. a Biffy that she loves him very much, and everything is Ok.....that her and buddy are the happiest they ever been, THAT'S my Nick name "Biffy" and Buddy was my fathers nickname that maybe a handful of people knew? Spooked the F--k out of me a felt like killing her for telling me all that sh_t. BTW my son arrived healthy as can be....

PrimoPup is offline Associate Member
    Seeing as the Catholic church is the wealthiest entity in the world do not hold your breath on religion ever leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanite
    damn this is one of my favorite subjects, although i wouldn't expect to find it in this type of forum!

my humble opinion goes something like this: i have no idea whether there is life after death, and i don't believe there is a human being alive today that knows that answer either. one thing I believe with the upmost certainty: religion is an aging vice that has served its purpose well throughout the years, and will soon be ready to retire. i believe as a species we will continue to evolve and one day will outgrow the necessity of practicing religious teachings, as we will be lead by our government's laws and common sense of logic and morality. we will continue to get closer to finding the answer to some of our oldest questions, like "how were we created, as a species among millions of other species on this rock in outerspace?" we will answer these questions with the coming of future technology and intelligently applied science -- thus undermining some value of religion, as a part of its value comes from providing "answers" to these types of questions. we will have laws that protect us and are in favor of the majority (some would argue we have that today, but i am also speaking of other countries that still don't have this) -- this will also undermine some value of religion, as I believe part of its purpose was to govern the masses (we [modern day europe] didn't have laws [especially ones that addressed morality] 2000 years ago obviously).

so, if we are talking about religion, it is not hard to take an opposition and argue until the sun comes up. if we are talking about "the afterlife", then it is fair game for everyone. i don't believe we will ever know the answer to that -- at least, while we are alive.

ScreaM is offline Associate Member
    My fathers Catholic, and my mom Christian. I have alot of German/Irish in my blood, so it makes me think sometimes...which ones right. But, then I think of these bible beaters you see, trying to be perfect in every way, not really living life, so to speak, and I think to my self, you know if you give a valent effort to being a good person... and you guys know what im talking about, there will be a spot for us with god.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey2ness
    i think after you die you reincarnate and become human again (baby)
    i dont think there is a heaven or hell after life
    but two things are for sure
    I used to think like this and then I realised that there is one heck of alot more people now then 10 years ago. So I had to realise that if we get reincarnated then it cant be spiecies specific. Not that I mind I would love to be a animal in my next life. Or a alien on a distant planet with amazing technology

for those that believe in reincarnation, why do you believe this? where did you get the idea? or is it something that you believe for no reason and just put your faith in it?

for those that believe in reincarnation, why do you believe this? where did you get the idea? or is it something that you believe for no reason and just put your faith in it?

I used to think reincarnation was possible because of all the people that has memories of previous lifes ect. I never belived in it to 100%. But if I had to choose anything after death it would be another life.

so there are a lot of people who say they have memories of past lives and so that is why you believed to some extent in reincarnation? im very reluctant to believe people when they say they can talk to ghosts, they have past lives, they can heal you with their touch, etc...

The only re-incarnation there is, IMHO, is the recycling of our body's molecules into the environment where they end up getting absorbed by bacteria and bugs and plants and etc, which in turn get eaten by bigger animals like cattle, which then end up as hamburgers, and from there as part of someone's 5500 calorie a day bulking cycle . . .

JMHO, but there doesn't seem to be much evidence of anything else.
    For centuries, people have talked about "souls," but danged if anyone can give a definition of such things, much less demonstrate that they even exist . . .

-Tock

it is hard tock because the soul is invisible. we have consciousness and our body...agreed? Check out this illustration: I had a student a few years ago whos sister had a terrible accident on her honeymoon. She was knocked unconscious and lost all of her memories and a good bit of her personality. She did not believe she had been married. As she began to revocer, they showed her videos of the wedding to convince her she had actually married her husband. She eventually got to the point where she believed it and she got remarried to him.
    now we all knew this was the same person all along. This was Jamie's sister. She was not a different person, but she had totally different memories. She had lost her old memories. what that proves is you can be the same person even if you lose old memories and gain new ones, or you lose some of your old personality traits and gain new ones. Now if i were just my consciousness, when my consciousness was different, id be a different person. but we know that i can be the same person even though my consciousness changes so i cant be the same thing as my consciousness. ive got to be the 'self,' or soul, that contains my consciousness.

same with body. i cant be the same thing as my body or brain. our brain and body can be divided and we still are the same person. we arent 85% the person. we are the person with 85% of our body.

a little girl asked once "if i could see God it would help me believe in him." well the problem isnt that youve never seen god. the problem is that youve never seen your mother. and her mother was sitting next to her. of course the girl didnt understand. she asked what i meant. "suppose without hurting your mom, we were able to take her apart cell by cell and peek inside each one of them. we would never come to a moment where we would say, "look heres what mommy's thinking about doing the rest of the day.' or "hey this cell contains mommys feelings.' or "so this is what mom believes about pro football." we couldnt find your mom's thoughts, beliefs, desires, or her feelings. "guess what else we would never find. wed never find mom's ego or her self. we would never say "finally in this particular brain cell, there's mommy. theres her ego or self. thtas because mom is a person and persons are invisible. mommy's ego and her conscious life are invisible. now shes small enough to have a body, while god is too big to have a body.

the point is. i AM a soul. i HAVE a body. we dont learn about people by studying thir bodies. we learn about people by finding out how they fel, what they think, what theyre passionate about, what their worldview is, and so forth. starting at their body might tell us whether they like exercise, but thats not very helpful. we need to get "inside" them.

so conclusion, theres more to me than my conscious life and my body. in fact, i am a 'self' or an "i", that connot be seen or touched unless i manifest myself through my behavior or my talk. i have free will because im a 'self' or a soul and im not just a brain.

(most of this from J. P. Moreland)

so there are a lot of people who say they have memories of past lives and so that is why you believed to some extent in reincarnation? im very reluctant to believe people when they say they can talk to ghosts, they have past lives, they can heal you with their touch, etc...
    Since I have experienced some things related with ghost myself and so has several that I know and trust fully I dont doubt there is ghosts.

it is hard tock because the soul is invisible.
    How do you know there is such a thing as an "invisible soul?"
    Can you detect it with any of the 5 senses? Can you detect it with a machine?

IMHO, if you can't see, smell, taste, hear, or touch something, with or without machine assistance, well, it probably doesn't exist.
    Some people say humans have souls, but animals don't, while other people say that all mammals have souls, and still others say that every replicating organism, including the lowly virus, have souls. Those people all have the same corroborating evidence--none--as the folks who would claim that people have 3 souls each, or 10 souls each, or that every soul gets recycled over and over again in successive lives.

we have consciousness and our body...agreed?
    This statement just goes to show that no one is wrong 100% of the time . . . even a blind pig occasionally finds an acorn . . .

Check out this illustration: I had a student a few years ago whos sister had a terrible accident on her honeymoon. She was knocked unconscious and lost all of her memories and a good bit of her personality. She did not believe she had been married. As she began to revocer, they showed her videos of the wedding to convince her she had actually married her husband. She eventually got to the point where she believed it and she got remarried to him.
    now we all knew this was the same person all along. This was Jamie's sister. She was not a different person, but she had totally different memories. She had lost her old memories.

what that proves is you can be the same person even if you lose old memories and gain new ones, or you lose some of your old personality traits and gain new ones.
    Ya, but it doesn't prove that things that you can't detect actually exist.

Now if i were just my consciousness, when my consciousness was different, id be a different person.
    No no no no no . . .
    What human beings are, we're extraordinarily complex bundles of bio-chemical activity, completely at the mercy of the laws of physics. Our consciousness is the effect of complex electro-chemical activity, and it's simple to demonstrate that our consciousness is hostage to the laws of physics by applying direct force or chemicals to our body organs and evaluating the response. Ya, take a hit of L S D and see what happens. Or suffer physical trauma, damage some brain cells, and parts of your memory will be affected depending purely on the severity of the force and what parts of the nervous system were affected. It's possible to remove particular memories with lobotomies. Degenerative diseases of the brain cause similar memory loss.
    IMHO, there is nothing more to consciousness than what occurs naturally with body tissues, chemistry, and our environment. If you can demonstrate that there is more, by all means, do so.

but we know that i can be the same person even though my consciousness changes so i cant be the same thing as my consciousness. ive got to be the 'self,' or soul, that contains my consciousness.
    Nonsense.
    You are the same physical person after an accident, just a bit damaged, and have damaged memories in proportion to your damaged nervous system. Such a cause-and-effect doesn't 'have' to mean that you have a "self" or "soul" that contains your consciousness.
    If your consciousness was contained in an immaterial "soul," then you could take a dose of "physical" caffeine, alcohol, or other physical drug, and it would have no effect on your consciousness. It's much more reasonable to conclude that it's the physical drugs and physical trauma and physical environment and other physical things that affect our consciousness, instead of beleiving that things that nobody has ever seen or measured affect our consciousness.

But then, I'm a reasonable person . . .

same with body. i cant be the same thing as my body or brain. our brain and body can be divided and we still are the same person. we arent 85% the person. we are the person with 85% of our body.
    Our brains are part of our body.
    Disagree?

a little girl asked once "if i could see God it would help me believe in him."
    Really? Who? Or is this just some fictional story someone wrote for the sake of illustrating a sermon?

"suppose without hurting your mom, we were able to take her apart cell by cell and peek inside each one of them. we would never come to a moment where we would say, "look heres what mommy's thinking about doing the rest of the day.' or "hey this cell contains mommys feelings.' or "so this is what mom believes about pro football." we couldnt find your mom's thoughts, beliefs, desires, or her feelings. "guess what else we would never find. wed never find mom's ego or her self. we would never say "finally in this particular brain cell, there's mommy. theres her ego or self.
    That's sort of like saying if you dissected every American, you'd never discover what the USA is all about. That's because America is more the net effect of all the people in the country interacting together in the real estate between the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, than the simple analysis of each individual part.
    In your supposition, you make the similar error in thinking that a consciousness is the mere total of its biological components, without considering the additional effect that its individual components generate when interacting with each other.

So.

thtas because mom is a person and persons are invisible. mommy's ego and her conscious life are invisible. now shes small enough to have a body, while god is too big to have a body.
    Nonsense.

the point is. i AM a soul. i HAVE a body. we dont learn about people by studying thir bodies. we learn about people by finding out how they fel, what they think, what theyre passionate about, what their worldview is, and so forth. starting at their body might tell us whether they like exercise, but thats not very helpful. we need to get "inside" them.
    Nonsense.
    You consist only of molecules which interact with each other to form extraordinarily complex bio-chemical and bio-electrical interactions which produce various effects such as body warmth, body wastes, sensitivity to various forms of radiation (wavelengths of visible light), biological urges (to pee when your bladder is full, to breathe, to have sex, to eat when hungry, etc) . . .
    "Feelings" and emotions and opinions and beleifs are the result of you, the complex bio-chemical "machine," interacting with your environment, forming memories from experiences, learning from multiple experiences, forming conclusions from multiple learning situations, and applying those conclusions to new situations, and your body's nervous system reacting in those new situations to what it expects to be its own best interests.
    That's pretty much an oversimplification, but all in all, there isn't much more to our existance than that, which should be a tremendous comfort to you because it shows that all that we humans are is a bunch of molecules, and that there is no reason to presume that any of us are destined to wallow in the fiery pits of hellfire and brimstone forever and ever.
    On the other hand, it might prompt thoughtful people to think about philosophical issues like, "What am I gonna do with my time?" And that's a bigger topic for a longer thread than this one . . .

so conclusion, theres more to me than my conscious life and my body. in fact, i am a 'self' or an "i", that connot be seen or touched unless i manifest myself through my behavior or my talk. i have free will because im a 'self' or a soul and im not just a brain.

(most of this from J. P. Moreland)
    This pap came from JP Moreland? Never heard of her. Too bad you relied on the product of someone else's thinking -- I'm sure you could have done a better job if you had trusted your own brain to think these things through based on what you could personally verify.

The notion of "free will" is silly . . . all we have is what appears to be "free will."
    If you actually had free will, you could resolve to beging speaking Farsi tomorrow morning upon waking. But truth is, you can't, because you haven't been in previous conditions which would result in learning the language.
    Ya, for every existing situation, there were the necessary previous conditions that made it possible. For every action, there is a necessary reaction. That's all there is. No more, no less.

-Tock

i think moreland's view is good. i could have come up with something similar im sure, but moreland illustrated the same thing i would have. i dont have time right now to reply thoroughly because im moving, but one thing, if we are just a molecule machine, how do molecules learn? has there ever been an experiment where they tested molecules and the molecule was able to make choices?

if we are just a molecule machine, how do molecules learn? has there ever been an experiment where they tested molecules and the molecule was able to make choices?
    Oh, pleaze . . .

The structures which enable learning are made up of molecules. Everything is made up of atoms, atoms make up molecules, molecules make up cells, cells make up body organs, body organs make up our bodies (what else?), and what we are is, um, all that we are.

6th grade science . . .

-Tock

ps-have fun moving . . . I'd rather have all my teeth removed without novocaine than have to move again . . . ugh . .

mesomorph is offline Associate Member
    These are the kind of things that are useless to debate just because of all the posts you see here. If you don't believe there is proof, then no one can prove anything to you. But the very complicated nature of this "machine" really proves that there is a God, a “creator” which I think ultimately is what this argument is centered around, are we eternal or not?

Rom 1:
    20For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Quote Originally Posted by mesomorph
    the very complicated nature of this "machine" really proves that there is a God
    Not really.
    As complicated as the planet's electronic communication system and all the devices connected to it is, it doesn't mean that it's the work of gods and goddesses.
    There's no need to attribute complex biological systems to unseen gods and goddesses either, unless you can't help but incline toward oversimplified explanations of natural phenomena.
    -Tock

mesomorph is offline Associate Member
    Not really.
    As complicated as the planet's electronic communication system and all the devices connected to it is, it doesn't mean that it's the work of gods and goddesses.
    There's no need to attribute complex biological systems to unseen gods and goddesses either, unless you can't help but incline toward oversimplified explanations of natural phenomena.
    -Tock
    These are the kind of things that are useless to debate
    Yeah, that is why I started off my post as I did. I have had this exact discussion at least a thousand times, as I bet you have also, and the results are always the same. I think that is what that scripture says, so apparently the issue has been around for a long time: If someone insists on a certain view of the existence of the universe, their whole "bend" toward anything related to that is going to be fixed.

abcdef81 is offline Junior Member
    i'd like to believe in life after death and hope there is a heaven, but my gut inclination just makes me think there isn't; when u die ur just dead...kinda like b4 u were born lol

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abcdef81
    i'd like to believe in life after death and hope there is a heaven, but my gut inclination just makes me think there isn't; when u die ur just dead...kinda like b4 u were born lol

Bro quit bumping old threads.. All your posts have been bumps of threads going back 2-3 years ago.

~Old

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    I cant help to think that we as humans are just smart enough to hope there is life after death. Unfortunately I think we are not important enough animals to have some special gift that enables us to live forever. Even if you are reincanated, you cannot remember your last life now, right? Therefore in your next life you wont remember this one anyway. If you are talking about heaven, I also do not feel important enought to have a heaven waiting for me. It sounds nice, but I have no more blind faith.

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    Ho my god edraven29 was my posting name back in 2001, i cannot beleive people are still posting on this question.

Its great to see all the different opinions people have on this subject.

Joey2ness is offline Member
    Well, if Evil is the absence of Good, what is Good? The absence of Evil?

That still doesn't explain anything . . .

-Tock
    There is no evil in any human soul. It is the lack of love that distorts people. We are designed by God to self-correct, just like the rest of the universe.

Evil created by God

It’s interesting to consider that those who violate are responding to a part of themselves they find unacceptable. Adolph Hitler had one testicle that never descended. If had he believed in self who loved himself the way he was, he might have lived a very different life, although certainly we created Adolph the way we needed him to be.

In the Holy Bible

Deuteronomy 23:1, if your testicles are crushed or your male member
    missing, you must never enter a sanctuary of the Lord” (Church or Heaven)

Leviticus 21:20-23 states that NO MAN who has lost a testicle is
    allowed to approach the alter or make a food sacrifice to God.

The Bible says, "You saw me(''Hitler'') before I(''Hitler'') was born and scheduled each day of my life before I began to breathe. Every day was recorded in your book!" [Psalm 139:16]

God never does anything accidentally, and he never makes mistakes. He has a reason for everything he creates. Every plant and every animal was planned by God, and every person was designed with a purpose in mind.

God had a divine plan for Adolph Hitler

God has his plan, and that plan is running down its track like a freight train. Holocaust victims could pray all day, and they would still die.

This means that Hitler is blameless. Hitler was not "evil," because Hitler had no free will at all. Hitler was simply an actor forced to play his role in God's plan. God planned for millions of people to die in the Holocaust -- he planned their deaths in exact detail. Hitler had to kill those people. Hitler was God's puppet in making that those millions of deaths happen right on schedule.

Nostradamus (December 14, 1503 – July 2, 1566), born Michel de Nostredame, is one of the world's most famous authors of prophecies.

Nostradamus predicted the rise of three "anti-christs". The first was Napaulon Roy, the second was Hister, and the third is referred to as Mabus.

Napaulon Roy = Napoleon
    Hister = Hitler
    Mabus =Some people believe that mabus is a combination of 2 names of our time which are osa(ma)and (bus)h making mabus

osama kills people+people hate him
    bush kills people+people hate him

And the predictions were made in 15th century before any of the Anti-Christ were born or existed. Did Nostradamus see Gods plan?

Fact: Hitler and Napoleon both had only one testicle.

It has been claimed that both Hitler and Napoleon were afflicted by such a lack of symmetry, and suggested that this may have played a role in their particular psychological makeup.

What I Took From This: Some men need little tiny red sports cars, and busty blond 19-year-old girls to show that they still measure up...while others need to take over Europe.

Unlike other men, Hitler and Napoleon couldn't really think with their penis, since they only had one testicle. For many men, that’s like losing half their brain. As a result, they tried to take over Europe
    Last edited by Joey2ness; 05-01-2006 at 12:09 PM.

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    "Today, a young man on acid realised that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather." Bill Hicks

That is one of the most profound things I've ever heard anyone say. Personally I think people are no different to an alarm clock or battery. Once you turn one off or it runs out of power, that's it. But there are some very odd and unexplainable things in the world I don't doubt are true.

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    I dont know if anyone can relate to the bible anymore, just the fact that some stuff says Jesus was married and add children.

Bible changed hands way to often has well and has suffered the telephone game.

I would which there would be a life after death cause my father passed away in Febuary and i lost many members of my family that i would very much love to see again.

The fact that you come back in another life has never been proven either after all if you dont remember what your past mistakes are how can you be sent back to get it right this time.

Humans today are selfish and more of me myself and i, more divorce more cheating.

Humans have lost almost all there values so i guess that if everyone comes back to solve stuff then everyone this time around will be coming back.

Church was there to put fear inside man, now that almost everyone doesnt go to church anymore it has taken a huge back burn.

Now has for justice in this world i would never worry about that cause everyone has hard times, i do beleive that if you do bad you are gonna get yours this is the law of return.

I have read some long research on NDE, OBE and more and there are always hope then science that comes in and sort of mess the cards up.

Problem is that this is a hot subject and there is a lot of money to be done, many people will say they are psychic or medium and make so much money out of it.

But then again some people are gifted for real, my girlfriend best friend went to a psychic and she add a secret that only very few people knew about, she lost a baby when she was 21, not even her own mother knew that and the psychic told her, she then proceeded to tell her how she was and described her boyfriend the way he was, without ever seeing him once and without her saying nothing, only thing that women ask is your name and your birth date thats all.

So this confuses the cards again.

mcpeepants is offline Senior Member
    i believe in the afterlife. i have no proof that it exist, just faith
    Last edited by mcpeepants; 05-05-2006 at 07:52 AM.

KrooC is offline Anabolic Member
    all religions were created to help man find comfort in death

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information