Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Stats

superbeast is offline Member
    I'm 25 yrs old
    6'3"
    252 lbs
    7% bodyfat

Soon to be 270, in a couple months

I started working out to improve my basketball game. I got addicted, got a little too big for that sport.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Don't know if I'd responded to this yet or not....OH WELL!

5'10
    BF- Gotta get that checked.
    1 cycle almost complete.

26 years
    6’2”
    255-260lbs
    15-18%

I guess it all started out sometime around my last couple of years of High School in mid 92’. My best friend at the time had really gotten into it heavily and I wasn’t very athletically motivated (or talented LOL) to do anything else, so I thought WTF, I’ll try it. Of course all of my w/o’s consisted of chest and bi’s at the time, but I didn’t care. I started to notice a difference in my appearance and so did others. This of course boosted my self-confidence as well, because previously to this I was quite an average looking, tall, skinny teen (like 6’1” 170lbs). I don’t think it hurt either that my girlfriend at the time dumped me for a bigger, better-looking guy. OK, so maybe my reasons for starting to work out weren’t quite as noble as some of you other guys! Anyway, I guess sometime in early 96’ I decided to quit screwing around with the half-assed, on again, off again workouts and committed myself to getting serious. Also sometime between now and then, I decided that I wanted to make my way towards a career as a police officer and I figured my height, and a few extra pounds of solid muscle could definitely help things out. So I got out of my dead end job and hauled my ass back into school. I can definitely say the working out has changed my life for the better, but my #1 focus that I have kept in my mind since I started putting on any kind of noticeable size, is to shy away from that “Big Bodybuilder is an ego driven dickhead” attitude that many people have associated with us. Once I start my career as a Police Officer, I plan to adopt that same theory.

Now, if only I could motivate myself into bringing up my cardio!

Stay in school kids!

bluecollarskin is offline New Member
    I'm 6'0 about 20%bf and dropping,265lb. I've been naturally strong since I can remember. Bench pressed over 400lbs since freshmen yr in H.S. 4 shoulder ops later and about 7yrs I weighed 290lbs, fat and unhappy. Got back in the gym about 3 months ago and found this board. These guys helped with my diet and workout and I'm slowly getting my old body back.Let me stress the word SLOWLY. When I reach my goal of 230lbs I will begin my first real cycle. I can't wait!
    Thanks fellas,
    BCS

Tampa-Pit is offline New Member

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 192lbs.

BF: Not sure

Active in playing sports all my life. Weight lifting off and on for years. Just started taking it serious a couple years ago.

T-NUTZ is offline Junior Member
    23 years old. 5'11 185lbs. Body fat 10%. I will be working on the bf% in my next cycle. I started lifting seriously about 2 years ago to feel better about myself because I was always skinny growing up and to pull more women

hatchblack is offline Associate Member
    age -26
    height -6'5
    weight -272
    BF% -16-17%

Training experience has been very sporadic over the last several years. I have only lifted really consistent for about a year and that was about two years ago. Looking to get back into it and than take my first cycle.

wanna_c_gains is offline Associate Member
    Is there a pity cycle for the lowest stats? Come on everyone could just pitch in a lil. lol j/k sorta

22 years old
    6' 180-185lbs

bi's = 14"
    forearms = 14 1/4"
    chest = 40"
    waist = 32"
    quads = 22 1/4"
    calves = 14 1/2"

1 rep max
    bench - 215 lbs
    curl - 140 lbs
    leg press - 630lbs

I got into working out about 4 years ago because I started dating a girl that worked at the gym. Went up there to see her and made a couple of friends. Best decision I've ever made in my life.

Venice is offline Junior Member
    5'10, 175, <10% bf

Now...if anyone's still reading after such an impressive listing...here's my BB story. I've been fascinated by the weights since my grandmother got me my own 110 pound weight set and Franco Columbo training book. That was about 17 years ago.

Sometimes I think about it this way: I was 10 y.o. at the time and maybe 100 pounds. If I gained just 10 pounds every year between then and now, I'd be 270 pounds. But...life doesn't always work like that.

The heaviest I've ever been was about 195. Actually, putting on weight has never been that hard. The challenge for me has always been putting on quality size. Every year I continue getting leaner and more defined but the scale pretty much stays the same. If I wanted to be 230, I know I could. Of course, instead of my waste being a 31, it'd probably be a 40.

I've been thinking about A.S. for the past 5 years but haven't yet done a schedule--and I'll be honest, there's a chance I never will. I don't have alot of scientific aptitude and have my reservations I could ever trust myself enough that I'd know what I was doing.

My feeling on it is that fate tends to happen. If circumstances ever shape up in a way that leads me to starting to cycle, I know I have the genetics to end up looking pretty damn good. Still, I look pretty damn good without them so we'll see what happens.

In the meantime, I'm just hear reading, hanging out, and seeing what sticks...

ironmike7000 is offline Associate Member
    My age is 44 my ht. is 5-9 wt. 190lbs. bodyfat 8- 10% .My best bench is 350 ( touch and go).My best squat is a rock bottom 425.I got started lifting 20 yrs. ago to get in shape after a couple years of partying.I started seeing a beer gut.Now my goal is to slow the aging process down.

SUPERDAVE is offline Banned
    I am currently 6'1" and 195 at 10% bodyfat. I started lifting as an 8th grader because all the guys were bigger than me(i was put a year ahead) I didn't know what i was doing but i was passionate about it. MY first year of high school i weighed a measly 120 pounds but i kept learning about lifting and nutrition.Every year i grew taller and got bigger. By my junior year i made the rest of the guys look like wimps. i was 170 and very lean. I lifted the whole summer after my junior year and put on 10 more pounds of muscle. That brings us to now. I am a senior and am 195 pounds knocking at 200's door. The dedication and discipline it takes to be a bodybuilder is unreal

Rumors go around school that i'm on steriods .That's just the undedicated persons way to knocked down the accomplishments of the successful. Girls ask me how i got so big and i tell them about working out at 5:30 every morning, the 3 protein shakes a day, and the hoard of nutritional supplements i take.
    My job at a golf course this summer required me to start work at 6:00 am. It was no sweat to get up that early because of the disciplined i have learned in weightlifting.
    To sum it up i wouldn't have had it any other way. If i hadn't gotten into weightlifting I would be a 160 pound weakling with no ambition and discipline.

Canes4Ever is offline Banned

Re: Stats

Originally posted by Mike
    Trying to start a slightly off topic forum....

What are everyone's stats? And why did they get into BBing? We had this on the last board and I would like to repost.

Me:
    5'10 268lbs 7%bf
    Hmmmmm, guess I should tell my stats and story too.....

Lifting: 3 yrs (mostly PL style training )
    Height: 6ft 2in
    Weight: 230 (ish)
    Chest: 45 in
    Waist: 36 in
    Best Lifts: (don't laugh folks) 1RM on bench 185, 1RM on Squat 305 (below parallel, FULL PL squat), 1 RM deadlift 385.

Well I have had a facination for muscle since I was a small kid. I was always the skinny kid, with glasses and not athletically inclined at all. Sports and PE at school was not kind to me, I was always the last kid picked for a team, and often the other kids would complain that I was put by the coach on their team (how humiliating, no wonder I had low self-esteem aye?)

On top of this I had the humilation of being gay (to remind you I grew up in the 60's, being out was not an option back then), and as early as 8 years old I knew I was "different" than the other boys.

By 9 years old I was always looking at mens arms, and wishing I was "big and had muscles, if I did I would show them!" but I had no prompting by my parents or other familial sources.

Years fly by, with me not ever working out in a gym, til I turned 38 years old, and to the humilation of myself, while shopping for dress pants for work, I find that for the 1st time in my life, I had to buy pants that had a larger waist size than my leg size (36 waist, verses a 34 length).

Trust me guys, for a rapidly approching middle-aged guy, that has always wanted to have muscles but was afraid of a gym, and humiliationg myself again, this was motivation to enter the gym.

Some reasons I didn't ever want to go to a gym.....I imagined that the gym was full of the people I detested, the bullys I had known in school, who 'Had muscles, good looks and played sports', IOW :

*****THE JOCK BOYS*****

At that time I still imagined that I would enter a gym, and be hated, spit upon, pushed from behind, made fun of, have to put up with humiliating jokes direct towards my person, ....you know, all the nasty things I had to endure throughout Jr and Sr High School, from ***THEM*** as I called the muscle guys !

Muscle guys were my sexual fantasy, but in real life my mortal enemies !!!!!

How wrong in most cases could I have been !

I did overtrain the 1st six-months of training and found a good forum on the UseNet (misc.fitness.weights) that I subscribed too, and in there I fould several folks who helped me put together a good training program and got me started in the PL lifting style, and eating a healthy diet.

After 1 year of training I had lost 16 lbs, but could squat 185 lbs for reps ! Hey that was a triumph for a 38 year old guy who had never lifted before in his life ! My waist did go slightly down, but I wasn't to upset about that anymore as my stomach did become less fat and more firm (my abs were getting bigger from the squats and deadlifts!)

The next thing I found out was that those men that worked out in the gym, I had considered my enemies, were most of them the same guys who had been skinny kids themselves when younger, and started lifting to get bigger themselves out of High School or College. I even found that many of the former ***Jock Boys***, had grown up, matured and many were even sorry for the things they had done to skinny weakling types like myself. Many of them are the nicest guys I know in the gym now.

I have made peace with most of that I endured in the past, and have grown to become good friends with many competitive BBers and PLers, very big men who for the most part never make fun of my embarassing attempts to lift like they do.

Now it's a part of my life, 4 times a week I live to lift, and am enjoying the journey to self-realization and fulfillment of my physical potential.

Soory for the length of my post....you now have permission to shoot me on sight

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Very inspiring Canes....just goes to show that perseverence, strength of mind and strength of character can take you anywhere you want to go

Originally posted by Pete235
    Very inspiring Canes....just goes to show that perseverence, strength of mind and strength of character can take you anywhere you want to go
    Thanks Pete, when I see your pix, it's very inpsiring. Although I may never look like you do to lack of genes and my age, it still gives me the push to get out there and fight as hard as I can, to become the best lifter I can be.
    Last edited by Canes4Ever; 01-15-2002 at 01:45 PM.

BigPoppaV is offline Associate Member
    Hi, I'm pretty new to posting here so I will post my stats as well
    I'm 6" , 210 lbs. aprox. 8% bf
    I started lifting a little over 4 years ago with some friends of mine
    (none which are still lifting..= ( and since then I just got crazy about it, I enjoy it immensly, esp. the looks I get when it's summer, I'm not as concerned about size as I am about a total balance (esp. proportions and symmetry) I am hoping to hit 225 rock hard this summer on a succesfull cycle

hawnzy is offline New Member
    5'11''
    21 years old
    don't know bf

I got into lifting 5 years ago to improve be better at football. My weight increased from 160 to 230 over three years and i went from benching 200 at 16 to 350 at 18. Once i stopped playing i continued lifting and have found a renewed passion for it over the last three monthes. First i trained for strength but have recently become interested in the bbing aspect. I have completed one cycle. Overall lifting has improved my life by helping me focus more on school, stop drinking, and attack life with confidence that i did not have before.

BigPoppaV is offline Associate Member
    You know you brought up a really good point about lifting and bodybuilding (at least for me) I used to get drunk every weekend when I was younger and didn't care about my body as much, but once I saw the healthy way of living I almost completely cut out drinking (aside from a few special ocassions per year) I feel so much better and stronger than all those losers getting wasted every weekend and stumbling home.

=)

hawnzy is offline New Member
    Yeah, it cost me a lot both acedemically and getting myself into all different situations that i didn't want to be in. I have no problemwith drinkng at all but I have realized that it is immpossible for me to make any progress in my life personally when i am drinking a lot. Anyway i feel much better now, and have fun watching my friends stumble home.

justins82 is offline New Member
    5'7
    12% bf
    275 bench
    225 clean
    455 dl
    never maxed out on squats because of a knee injury, but 275 for 20-25 reps
    hey i got a little frame, and i'll never be one of the biggest guys, im a little dude, im not afraid to admit, but im always adding more mass and look to eventually hit 200 and keep my shape

WTG Justins82

Originally posted by justins82
    5'7
    12% bf
    275 bench
    225 clean
    455 dl
    never maxed out on squats because of a knee injury, but 275 for 20-25 reps
    hey i got a little frame, and i'll never be one of the biggest guys, im a little dude, im not afraid to admit, but im always adding more mass and look to eventually hit 200 and keep my shape
    Hang in there dude, you'll get your dream.

FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member
    36 years old
    Height: 6'0
    weight 234lbs
    Arms: 181/2 inches
    Chest 49 inches
    Bench 415
    Squat: was 450-500 but blew out my Acl last year. Now trying to get back.
    Bodyfat: probably around 15-18%. Definately to high.

Mike, great thread. Its was very inspiring to hear about your passion and dedication to bodybuilding. I respect that very much.I hope to be at your level someday.Pete, as we spoke of before, it sounds like we may have similar builds. I'm going to try to incorporate some of your recipes' into my diet to help lower the bodyfat. However, in about a month I'm going on a Test600mg/week, EQ 400mg week, Dbol 50mg day for 4 weeks cycle. I'm hoping to get up around 250lbs and bench around 450-475. I'm hoping with a better diet my bodyfat will go down. Anyway, Mike, I started lifting when I was 16, started doing a couple cycles when I was playing college baseball. Hit one ball while juicing out of sight, estimated over 500ft. Lived in L.A. as an actor and writer. Will be moving back in 6 months. And now I play open level softball for a team in Arkansas. I don't know how familiar you are with open class Softball, but this is serious business. No joking around here. Some of the guys are your size or bigger and strong as an ox. My goal this year is to recover from the ACL injury and hit a softball 500ft. Last year I could hit one 400ft clean. I'm gonna start my previously mentioned cycle about 3-4 weeks before the season starts and run it for around 3 months. Right now I'm on a maintanence dose of 400mg of Test a week. Anyway, thats my story in a nutshell. Best of luck.
    Last edited by FRANK WHITE; 01-16-2002 at 11:26 PM.

[ Anyway, Mike, I started lifting when I was 16, started doing a couple cycles when I was playing college baseball. Hit one ball while juicing out of sight, estimated over 500ft. Lived in L.A. as an actor and writer. [/B][/QUOTE]

Hey Frank White,

Big college baseball fan here, am a regular at U of Miami games for over 20 years now. Where did you play ball and what years....maybe I saw you play?

Mighty Duck is offline Junior Member
    OK, flame away.................

6'3"
    215lbs
    15.5 arms
    45"chest
    34"waist
    bf ????????

I'm a toothpick bahaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude check my stats.....

Originally posted by Thump
    OK, flame away.................

6'3"
    215lbs
    15.5 arms
    45"chest
    34"waist
    bf ????????

I'm a toothpick bahaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Then you can laugh at me !!!! Dude you are ahead of me !

wannabe is offline Junior Member

hear it goes

now remember i have only done two cycles in my whole bb career and it's only been two bottles of cyp that lasted 6 weeks ok hear i go
    5"10
    15% bf
    arms 19 cold
    legs 31 cold
    waist 34
    chest 56
    calves 18 1/2
    soon as the rest of my gear gets in i' lll have the new stats
    also i would post a pic but i bought a stupid cam and the thing won't except windows xp so i gotta bring ti back and get another one i'll post pics tomorrow.

lil_josh is offline Junior Member
    5-8, 165, 12%bf
    I started bodybuilding a couple of months ago because it was a positive thing I could do instead of going out and getting trashed every night

coroner is offline Junior Member
    6'3", 230#, ~13%, 32y.o.

Got into lifting 7 years ago when I quit doing meth. At the time I was 165#, same frame-- I could bench 95 lb, and squat 135.

I now incline ~315 (don't do flat benches anymore, they hurt my shoulders) and squat ~495 +/-, depending on if I'm on or not.

Interesting thread to see on a BB board. Nice board, too.

QuatroIIII is offline New Member
    Been bb for 1 yr, 37 yrs old 5' 10" 210lbs 10 to 9%bf all natural. Been lifting for over 11yrs. Entering my first competition in June 2002 hoping to get down below 4% as you guys know its hard all natural. I am hoping to continue and do at least 2 shows a year, and from what I have been learining it does not seem as if I am going to stay all natural for long. I guess after my first show I will pump up the volume and go on the juice, I can only imagine what I will look like jucying up! I will be "freak"...he he he I have made a few bb friends and most of them juice up and kind of hate me cuz of the gains and changes my body has gone through just with hard work and diet, me I love it..hahaha new to the board glad to be here!
    Q

gonzo is offline New Member
    Might as well join in.
    I'm 28 years old
    about 240 lbs
    10-12% BF

I've been lifting seriously for about almost 5 years. love the effect
    My max bench is 315 lbs but can't seem to get it passed that.

Peace to all

Wrathchild is offline Junior Member
    37 1/2 yo. 5.6" Just hit 200 pounds, bf 16%. Started training two and a half years ago, motivation? started suffering anxiety and panic attacks, which I hope none of you ever experience it, and to make matters worst, I'd had a very painful back injury. After a month of training I quit smoking(after 19 years), and 5 months later my dead lift was up to 275 pounds, never again had any back pain and my anxiety attacks are long gone, forever I hope.

juicy2000 is offline Junior Member
    6'1
    210..will be 215 in a few weeks
    bench 225x10..guessing 295-300 max
    i am 18

i go tinto lifting when i was 15...ever sincei never stopped unless i had an injury...such as my acl...its the only thing that calms me down...my brothers got me into it and i thank them for it.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    195 5'9" 30 (Old mofo) 13% BF (Fat Azz) after my 3 week cause of the broncitious), but that is fixin to change. There you happy?

VEGETA990 is offline Associate Member
    Man, I'm gonna feel like a little girl here next to you guys...
    ok, at age 20 i was 200 lbs, 5' - 7", 17in arms (cold), benching 300, deadlifting 500. Than for some reason I decided to get "in shape" and train for the military. Now at 22, i'm 160 lbs, arms are small, i think about 15 (cold), who knows what bench and deadlift are, but I can run 3 miles in 24 minutes (I'm STILL SLOW), I almost have a six pack, need a few more weeks.
    I will leave the service at LEAST 210 ripped, at 225 I will be happy. No AS experience.

Why did I start - I was 18 years old and the world was out performing me, so I deceided to step up the the plate and hit a home run. I haven't done it yet, but I will.

Thumbs up

Go for it Veg....

Batter UP !

lextheflex is offline Junior Member
    fykjrytfj
    Last edited by lextheflex; 11-05-2018 at 04:28 AM.

McBain is offline Member
    Sort of new to this board, been reading a while but dont post much. I'm 5'6" 150lbs 12% bf. Been lifting for about 1 1/2, but in that year and a half I've had some bad luck (car accident side lined me for 5 months and recently tore ligaments in my hand in a fight). I'm still optomistic though and striving to be huge. Originally started at 120lbs. Reason I bb is the confidence, self-esteem, and the feeling of being the biggest guy in the room. Not that I am that big right now but I've still been the biggest guy in the room plenty of times. Nothing like people asking, do you wrestle? or people asking me if I'm on steroids when I'm natural. Thinking about doing 1st cycle because I want to compete this summer. I have to agree with Mike (i think he said it) when the best thing about bb is you wear around your hard work and dedication. Everyone notices it. You can spend hours reading, writing, practicing your jump shot, and no one will know that looking at you, but bb they will. It has helped me realize the direct corrolation between hard work and results. Nothing else has ever done this for me. It changed me from a 120lb sickly kid who was getting into hard drugs, smoking weed everyday, getting drunk 3, 4 times per week into the person I am today. I can't imagine where I would be without it. My only regret is not knowing anyone who shares my passion for the sport (at least in real life, at least I got these boards though)

Originally posted by McBain
    Sort of new to this board, been reading a while but dont post much. I'm 5'6" 150lbs 12% bf. Been lifting for about 1 1/2, but in that year and a half I've had some bad luck (car accident side lined me for 5 months and recently tore ligaments in my hand in a fight). I'm still optomistic though and striving to be huge. Originally started at 120lbs. Reason I bb is the confidence, self-esteem, and the feeling of being the biggest guy in the room. Not that I am that big right now but I've still been the biggest guy in the room plenty of times. Nothing like people asking, do you wrestle? or people asking me if I'm on steroids when I'm natural. Thinking about doing 1st cycle because I want to compete this summer. I have to agree with Mike (i think he said it) when the best thing about bb is you wear around your hard work and dedication. Everyone notices it. You can spend hours reading, writing, practicing your jump shot, and no one will know that looking at you, but bb they will. It has helped me realize the direct corrolation between hard work and results. Nothing else has ever done this for me. It changed me from a 120lb sickly kid who was getting into hard drugs, smoking weed everyday, getting drunk 3, 4 times per week into the person I am today. I can't imagine where I would be without it. My only regret is not knowing anyone who shares my passion for the sport (at least in real life, at least I got these boards though)
    Great story McBain, welcome to the board and good luck in the future. Take the advice you get here and run with it. These guys will help a lot.

BE_STRONG is offline Senior Member
    a few stats:

1. 34 yrs old
    2. 222 lbs
    3. 6 ft tall
    4. bench 415 lbs
    5. squat 455 lbs
    6. 10-12% bodyfat
    7. B.S. degree from univ. alabama
    8. currently working on an MBA
    9. I love to lift!! great stress reliever
    10. work full-time as a sales mgr!!

Originally posted by BE_STRONG
    a few stats:

1. 34 yrs old
    2. 222 lbs
    3. 6 ft tall
    4. bench 415 lbs
    5. squat 455 lbs
    6. 10-12% bodyfat
    7. B.S. degree from univ. alabama
    8. currently working on an MBA
    9. I love to lift!! great stress reliever
    10. work full-time as a sales mgr!!
    Great numbers Be_Strong ! Fabtastic also on working on the degree AND holding down a full-time job. I know how that is and it's more than tough. Good going brother !

Good luck and Peace.

Socio is offline Associate Member
    Ok this is kinda scary
    19 yrs
    Natural.
    5'7-5'8
    205lbs
    13% bf.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information