Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Xbox 360 Elite

manwithin is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkake31
    I'm confused about the bold. If Blu-ray had 7 of 9 shouldn't HD DVD have the remaining 2 of 9?

7 + 4 = 11
    7 + 4 does not equal 9

Although I have not been in the first grade for a while so my math might be off so bear with me lol.

Anyways just kidding, is this because some of the studios use both?
    yes two studios support both, see link.
    http://klipschcorner.com/Image.aspx?...ioOrgChart.jpg

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by manwithin
    How doesn't it add up?
    5 Exclusive to Blu-ray + 2 Releasing both formats = 7
    2 Exclusive to HD DVD + 2 Releasing both formats = 4
    so you see there are 9 studios
    Blu-ray has 7
    HD DVD has 4
    Thanks, typo.

Do you have Discovery HD? They're airing the series Planet Earth on Sunday nights. The cinematography is incredible! Some of the best looking HD material I have seen. It's going to be available on blu-ray April 24th.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    Thanks, typo.
    Now carlos stop ****ing around and go get the new bond movie in blu-ray you know netflix isn't going to send it.... lol..

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Thanks, typo.

Do you have Discovery HD? They're airing the series Planet Earth on Sunday nights. The cinematography is incredible! Some of the best looking HD material I have seen. It's going to be available on blu-ray April 24th.
    oh yes i love it! it is incredible

Thanks, typo.

Yeah i have Discovery HD. I didn't hear about the show till now, I'm going to add it to my DVR when I get home.
    thanks

Now carlos stop ****ing around and go get the new bond movie in blu-ray you know netflix isn't going to send it.... lol..
    You know, you are right. I checked again and that shit is still set to long wait. I'm going to have to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    oh yes i love it! it is incredible
    Yeah i have Discovery HD. I didn't hear about the show till now, I'm going to add it to my DVR when I get home.
    thanks
    It airs on Sunday nights. Two new episodes, 8pm "Shallow Seas," 9pm "Great Plains." 5 have aired so far and will repeat this weekend.

Saturday April 7th (Eastern time)
    3am "Deserts"
    4am "Ice Worlds"
    2pm "Pole to Pole"
    3pm "Moutains"
    4pm "Deep Ocean"

Beefkake31 is offline Member
    You know, you are right. I checked again and that shit is still set to long wait. I'm going to have to buy it.

It airs on Sunday nights. Two new episodes, 8pm "Shallow Seas," 9pm "Great Plains." 5 have aired so far and will repeat this weekend.

Saturday April 7th (Eastern time)
    3am "Deserts"
    4am "Ice Worlds"
    2pm "Pole to Pole"
    3pm "Moutains"
    4pm "Deep Ocean"
    I have moxi and recorded it them all, and I have watched all of them with 1080 resolution in HD and it is incredible, past 2 nights while going to bed I watch one or two episodes and I forget everything else and I'm immersed in the tv it's really amazing.

I have moxi and recorded it them all, and I have watched all of them with 1080 resolution in HD and it is incredible, past 2 nights while going to bed I watch one or two episodes and I forget everything else and I'm immersed in the tv it's really amazing.
    I have them all on my HD Tivo. I am not a tree hugger or nature freak. But watching that show I was thinking "Wow! Our planet is beautiful! This is what we're polluting." They even made a desert look beautiful.

Does the Moxi output 1080i or 1080p?

I have them all on my HD Tivo. I am not a tree hugger or nature freak. But watching that show I was thinking "Wow! Our planet is beautiful! This is what we're polluting." They even made a desert look beautiful.

Does the Moxi output 1080i or 1080p?
    I am not sure to be quite honest, I think with the right cables and tv along with the latest version of moxi the 1080p is possible. Most broadcasts don't offer 1080p yet though. I had a Tivo up to 6 months ago until I returned it. I used to have a moxi and switched to tivo but I went back to moxi for 3 reasons.

1. The tivo didn't have HD output (although from your post I am guessing the series 4 has it now)

2. It is much better when you use the box from your own cable company because everything is integrated so much better and compatible and efficient. The tivo was it's own box and then my cable box and they were two seperate systems, with the moxi it is only one box for both and a lot of good things about that.

3. Probably the most important reason I went back to it was because I was really getting frustrated that when I was recording something on tivo I couldn't do anything else. With the Moxi I can record something, switch to a different channel and record something else, so basically record 2 shows at the same time WHILE I watch a third channel.

I am not sure to be quite honest, I think with the right cables and tv along with the latest version of moxi the 1080p is possible. Most broadcasts don't offer 1080p yet though. I had a Tivo up to 6 months ago until I returned it. I used to have a moxi and switched to tivo but I went back to moxi for 3 reasons.

1. The tivo didn't have HD output (although from your post I am guessing the series 4 has it now)
    There are 3 versions of the Tivo. Series 1 & 2 are standard definition. Series 3 is HD.
    2. It is much better when you use the box from your own cable company because everything is integrated so much better and compatible and efficient. The tivo was it's own box and then my cable box and they were two seperate systems, with the moxi it is only one box for both and a lot of good things about that.

3. Probably the most important reason I went back to it was because I was really getting frustrated that when I was recording something on tivo I couldn't do anything else. With the Moxi I can record something, switch to a different channel and record something else, so basically record 2 shows at the same time WHILE I watch a third channel.
    It sounds like you had a Tivo series 1. You need to get a Tivo series 3. It supports HD, has 2 cable card slots so you can record 2 cable shows at once and watch a 3rd. It also has an over the air tuners so while recording 2 cable shows you can record over the air HD (While watching something else.)

Check out this thread. A guy is considering getting a series 3. He has a Moxi. I got a great price on the series 3 so let me know if you're interested.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=345253

There are 3 versions of the Tivo. Series 1 & 2 are standard definition. Series 3 is HD.

It sounds like you had a Tivo series 1. You need to get a Tivo series 3. It supports HD, has 2 cable card slots so you can record 2 cable shows at once and watch a 3rd. It also has an over the air tuners so while recording 2 cable shows you can record over the air HD (While watching something else.)

Check out this thread. A guy is considering getting a series 3. He has a Moxi. I got a great price on the series 3 so let me know if you're interested.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=345253
    Ya my mistake, I mean't series 3 I just checked my account status I had a series 2. Glad to see they updated all this right before I left, greeaat . But nevertheless the moxi was free and after that I pay 9.99 a month for it and I've heard the Tivo is really expensive but aside from that, the whole thing with the recorder being from your own cable company makes it run a lot better and integrated smoother, etc.

So price and ease of use are still 2 reasons why I'm content now with the moxi. I will look at that thread now, thanks. I was reading on the tivo website and just found out also that you can record a show that you want even if you are not home as long as you have access to the internet, I don't think moxi has that, so that is one cool thing I didn't know the tivo had.

wow 3 shows at once! lol oh where i have i been!? ><

Ya my mistake, I mean't series 3 I just checked my account status I had a series 2. Glad to see they updated all this right before I left, greeaat . But nevertheless the moxi was free and after that I pay 9.99 a month for it and I've heard the Tivo is really expensive but aside from that, the whole thing with the recorder being from your own cable company makes it run a lot better and integrated smoother, etc.

So price and ease of use are still 2 reasons why I'm content now with the moxi. I will look at that thread now, thanks. I was reading on the tivo website and just found out also that you can record a show that you want even if you are not home as long as you have access to the internet, I don't think moxi has that, so that is one cool thing I didn't know the tivo had.
    I can schedule EVERYTHING from the internet. If I go to lunch and see an ad for a show coming on I just go to the web site and schedule the recording and hit send. Or, if you forget to schedule something and you're not home you go to the site. The series 3 uses cable cards provided by the cable company so I have all of the features provided by the cable company expect for one. I can't do video on demand. I never use the service when I had the box so I didn't lose anything. I admit the series 3 is expensive. I wanted one when it first came out but did not want to pay $800 for it. I told myself I would buy when it hit around $600. I got it for $599 shipped.

I checked it out, I think I was a member in that forum a year ago I don't remember I know I checked a lot of threads out during those times. Anyways, they were saying you can't use ON DEMAND with tivo, I use ON DEMAND a lot I don't think I can live without it lol. And the initial poster was complaining the moxi was slow at times but I wonder what version he had? Mine is a lot better than the previous moxi I had before the tivo. The series 2 I had was slow at time but I would say comparable to the Moxi now, but perhaps the series 3 is faster now.

All in all when you look at everything side by side I think the moxi is the better buy coming from the owner of both I still use the tivo for one of the TVs in my other room although It doesn't update shows anymore or list anything since I don't have the service, but I still use it just as a recorder box. I wouldn't mind a series 3 now but either way I'm happy.

wow 3 shows at once! lol oh where i have i been!? ><
    Hell yeah! Sunday night I recorded Tudors and Planet Earth and had TivoCast pushing me South Park episodes through broadband while watching Reno 911.

I can schedule EVERYTHING from the internet. If I go to lunch and see an ad for a show coming on I just go to the web site and schedule the recording and hit send. Or, if you forget to schedule something and you're not home you go to the site. The series 3 uses cable cards provided by the cable company so I have all of the features provided by the cable company expect for one. I can't do video on demand. I never use the service when I had the box so I didn't lose anything. I admit the series 3 is expensive. I wanted one when it first came out but did not want to pay $800 for it. I told myself I would buy when it hit around $600. I got it for $599 shipped.
    Ya that is really a cool feature, I must call Charter and complain about this .

I checked it out, I think I was a member in that forum a year ago I don't remember I know I checked a lot of threads out during those times. Anyways, they were saying you can't use ON DEMAND with tivo, I use ON DEMAND a lot I don't think I can live without it lol. And the initial poster was complaining the moxi was slow at times but I wonder what version he had? Mine is a lot better than the previous moxi I had before the tivo. The series 2 I had was slow at time but I would say comparable to the Moxi now, but perhaps the series 3 is faster now.

All in all when you look at everything side by side I think the moxi is the better buy coming from the owner of both I still use the tivo for one of the TVs in my other room although It doesn't update shows anymore or list anything since I don't have the service, but I still use it just as a recorder box. I wouldn't mind a series 3 now but either way I'm happy.
    That's where we differ. I don't use VOD at all. When I want VOD I use iTunes or Bittorrent.

Hell yeah! Sunday night I recorded Tudors and Planet Earth in HD and had TivoCast pushing me South Park episodes through broadband while watching Reno 911.
    thats it ima get me a tivo

Another feature I forgot. The series 3 is THX certified so it makes that cool ass THX sound you hear in movie theaters when you turn it on.

I think it's worth saving for. You can get one on ebay for around $500 or a little less. Tivo said they're working on a lower priced HD model. $200-$300 range. But no telling when that will come out.

Once you get one, you will say "I can't believe I didn't have this earlier" You can't live without it after you have it. Kind of like other things in life

Another thing I don't like about the cable DVRs. The ads! You pull up the guide and it's like a damn maze. The show playing takes up a tiny corner and the rest is spam promoting cable features or an ad for some other shit.

Once you get one, you will say "I can't believe I didn't have this earlier" You can't live without it after you have it. Kind of like other things in life
    Hey man. Check this out. He covers a bunch of the Tivos features.

Video Recorder Death Match
    http://video.on.nytimes.com/?fr_stor...e889923b11b6ef

Hey man. Check this out. He covers a bunch of the Tivos features.

Video Recorder Death Match
    http://video.on.nytimes.com/?fr_stor...e889923b11b6ef
    That was pretty funny . I like the phone feature, how it chose Sopranos and records it just like that. Which reminds me, new episode this Sunday of Sopranos and Entourage, I definitely need to record those 2.

That was pretty funny . I like the phone feature, how it chose Sopranos and records it just like that. Which reminds me, new episode this Sunday of Sopranos and Entourage, I definitely need to record those 2.
    Yeah, I thought it was funny to. I enabled Tivo suggestions. They track your show watching habits then recommend shows for you and they're automatically downloaded to your Tivo. So far they've sent me nothing but JUNK! I didn't like any of the suggestions so I turned the feature off!

Yeah, I thought it was funny to. I enabled Tivo suggestions. They track your show watching habits then recommend shows for you and they're automatically downloaded to your Tivo. So far they've sent me nothing but JUNK! I didn't like any of the suggestions so I turned the feature off!
    Ya I had the same problem, 90% of what they suggested I was like .

Ya I had the same problem, 90% of what they suggested I was like .
    They're probably paid by the networks to promote those shows.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    bump for Doc Sust

Buy.com has the Tivo Series 3 for 569.99. Add a Buy.com coupon and you can get it below $550!!!

http://www.buy.com/prod/tivo-648250b...203305032.html

Mini review of the Xbox Elite for those interested

http://www.engadget.com/2007/04/26/x...ssic-the-test/

Mini review of the Xbox Elite for those interested

http://www.engadget.com/2007/04/26/x...ssic-the-test/

Nice, thanks for the link. Interesting article, and they were honest. There's no way I would get this. The only thing I would ever do is buy the add on memory if I ever needed it, but I don't I will need it. Stupid marketing scheme by Microsoft to sell more 360's. I would definitely stick with the premium out of the 3 choices now, for those that are thinking of buying one. Back to my XBOX Live Arcade, I'm in the top 50 in the world in 3 of the games, off to break more records.

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    the elite looks sick..but obviously isint worth upgrading if you already have a 360..ill be buying the new hard drive tho, for sure.
    im not gonna get into the what system is better debate, but all i can say is gears of war is the greatest game ive ever played in my ****in life. hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by thetank
    the elite looks sick..but obviously isint worth upgrading if you already have a 360..ill be buying the new hard drive tho, for sure.
    im not gonna get into the what system is better debate, but all i can say is gears of war is the greatest game ive ever played in my ****in life. hands down.
    I'm surprised people like the look of the case. It looks like an old Dell desktop to me.

its real sexy. not as nice as the ps3 though.

anyone played splintercell double agent.
    im normally really good with these types, but im finding quite difficult.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    I can get you a PS3.
    this original message was for chest, but carlos, if you can get me a playstation 3 for a better deal than the store price, i am intrested too

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    this original message was for chest, but carlos, if you can get me a playstation 3 for a better deal than the store price, i am intrested too
    They just started selling PS3s to employees the first week of April. From what I remember the games are discounted $20 off retail and the accessories are discounted. I have to go down and check the price on the core system.

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    i must say im really impressed with how quiet the PS3 is.

carlos - that article didnt say what size TV they used. in a comparo with 1080p vs 720 or 1080i you wont notice any real difference until its over 42".

Quote Originally Posted by biglouie250
    i must say im really impressed with how quiet the PS3 is.

carlos - that article didnt say what size TV they used. in a comparo with 1080p vs 720 or 1080i you wont notice any real difference until its over 42".
    The real issue with the Elite is not the quality of the HDMI output. It's the fact that it's the exact same build with no fixes to any of the Xbox problems. The price difference is for a larger hard drive and HDMI port. It's really not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    Check your PMs.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I threw my old XBOX in the dumpster 3 weeks ago becauise i was getting the red/green light error on it, did some research and was told it was trash. I'm not a big gamer but I would like to have something.

Help me out Carlos..I wanna be able to play Final Fantasy (my favorite).
    ***No source checks!!!***

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    I threw my old XBOX in the dumpster 3 weeks ago becauise i was getting the red/green light error on it, did some research and was told it was trash. I'm not a big gamer but I would like to have something.

Help me out Carlos..I wanna be able to play Final Fantasy (my favorite).
    If you want to be able to play Final Fantasy (in my top 5 all time best games) you will need to get the PS3. That's the system FF 13 is going to be coming out on.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information