Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmidty
    I cant take this shit anymore. I work my ass off every day doing homework and im still failing, WTF am i suppose to do. I dont skip class, I study, I do my fvcking homework, I try my fvcking hardest and for what so i can pay to fail at something. At this point I am 99% sure i failed mky Abnormal Psychology class. I realise college is not for everybody, but why the fvck isnt it for me. What am i suppose do do with my self for the rest of my life. Because I cant wash nuts forever HAHAHA. Really though, I decided if i dont pass this semester im not coming back and ill just do a trade or something.
    bro, click this link If you could "do it all over again" what would you do with your life ?

Foskamink is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    i seriously have a friend it took over ten years to get an undergraduate degree, he was a drunken slob, but this bum even managed to finish, it goes to show it can happen if you just keep sticking it out for the long haul.
    yep its true, gotta complete. after summer im going back to highschool at 19, to get my A levels, which is the UK degree of highschool and possibly the highest classed recognition in the world. i will prolly finish at 21 but atleast i will have it. i ****ed around too much the past 2 years since i got kicked out.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmidty
    Really though, I decided if i dont pass this semester im not coming back and ill just do a trade or something.

probably one of the dumbest / worst things you could do.

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    my friend stick to it! you can do it. i had to take this advanced anatomy class 3 times beofre i passsed the class! i struglrd through 8 years of school, but i stuck to it even when the odds where bad and i graduated. the key to school is persistance, nobody really knows what they are doing, all you go to do is get by. bite ,kick, stab and cheat your way through class, in the end when you get out of school it wont matter, you will learn on the job. dont give up, no matter what. it all comes down to how bad you really want it, you will do it

sorry, just struck me funny

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoXracer
    "The world needs ditch diggers too!"
    lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by goodcents

sorry, just struck me funny
    so i dont spell check, you caught me

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    I agree with doc! Stay in school.

you think people enjoy going to college?...I sure as hell don't.

You say you do all your homework....it's highly unlikely that a professor wouldn't pass you if you did ALL your homework, even if your test scores weren't threw the roof.

Snrf is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    probably one of the dumbest / worst things you could do.
    i have friends who have trades. one's a carpenter making customised kitchens and pulling in 200k a year easily, another is a plumber with his own business making 120k a year easily. both working their own hours, when they want to.

I have friends who graduated from decent universities not pulling in anywhere near that much, a decent tradesman can earn a lot these days.

oh and lol @ "droping out of school"

Pro_built7 is offline Member
    ^^ haha ya, some of the grammatical errors are pretty funny, no harm tho

I've decided im staying in school, had a good talk with Doc.Sust last night. If all else fails THEN, I'll go to trade school , but not until then.

Audis ^ thats a hilarious avvy man, lmao

rubix6 is offline Female Member
    study hard man. keep to it. it will all pay off.

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    I guess Ill stay as long as i can. If i fvck up to bad this semester I lose my financial-aid and I cant pay for my college.

Dude I feel you, not to sound soft but im about to like cry.

Im on a 10k scholarship if I maintain 3.25 and I have been doing it. This semester I have 2 A's and a friggin B in my anatomy/Physiology II class which 70 percent is failing. My ****en Bio in lecture I have a A- and Lab which is 35 percent I have a C but I missed more than 2 labs and "thats the policy" and my professor tells me now, im like are you ****en kidding me. So now basically im ****ed and off to community college.

^Im at community college already, and i cant pay for the whole thing by my self. I had to get a grant that i might lose

which colleges are you guys attending ?

daytrader is offline Member
    my friend stick to it! you can do it. i had to take this advanced anatomy class 3 times beofre i passsed the class! i struglrd through 8 years of school, but i stuck to it even when the odds where bad and i graduated. the key to school is persistance, nobody really knows what they are doing, all you go to do is get by. bite ,kick, stab and cheat your way through class, in the end when you get out of school it wont matter, you will learn on the job. dont give up, no matter what. it all comes down to how bad you really want it, you will do it
    8 years of school,,, either your a doctor or van wilder

Quote Originally Posted by daytrader
    8 years of school,,, either your a doctor or van wilder
    the first of the two choices

but on the flip side i do know people who went to school longer than me that barely got an undergrad degree.sad

University of Tampa

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    get a tutor

OPSTER is offline Associate Member
    You might not be good at what you're taking??? Seriously, I spent the first three years of college barely getting through classes, because I wanted to be an engineer.... and I just couldn't seem to catch a break at it.
    I switched over to commerce, and although I wasted three years doing nothing, my grades are almost double what I was getting before!

What classes are you taking? Whats your major? maybe you need to just switch it up?
    I wouldn't give up so fast ....

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by Snrfmaster
    i have friends who have trades. one's a carpenter making customised kitchens and pulling in 200k a year easily, another is a plumber with his own business making 120k a year easily. both working their own hours, when they want to.

I have friends who graduated from decent universities not pulling in anywhere near that much, a decent tradesman can earn a lot these days.

oh and lol @ "droping out of school"
    a lot of that shit is luck too. i know alot of great carpenters who never caught a big break, never had great connections, and don't make jack. again, matters a lot on location, and who you know. but i agree with you that if you are skilled and catch a break its worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_built7
    which colleges are you guys attending ?
    St.Charles Community college...Sigh

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    community college = harder than major U's and some Ivy league...

I know Houston Community college kicked my ass after deciding i couldn't afford to attend rice for 4 years.

Rice was WAY easier. But way more expensive..go fig.

p.s. am I the only one entertained by the fact that he spelled "dropping" incorrectly
    Last edited by zimmy; 04-11-2007 at 10:49 AM.

STYLE74 is offline Got Style?
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmy
    community college = harder than major U's and some Ivy league...

I know Houston Community college kicked my ass after deciding i couldn't afford to attend rice for 4 years.

Rice was WAY easier. But way more expensive..go fig.

p.s. am I the only one entertained by the fact that he spelled "dropping" incorrectly
    See post 14...

Don't give up just yet. Get some tutors to help you out, they make a big difference!

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    I feel your pain man,

Just stick it out and do what interest you. Dont do something your not into, I wanted to be an MD when i first started school because that was what I thought I had to do. But my heart wasnt into it and my grades showed it. Then something happened to me that changed my whole college career. I thought that if I worked hard that I would play pro baseball at some level but after two shoulder surgeries and dealing with doctors that hurt me more than they helped I decided to change my class route. I really got into training from of course college baseball but more so my injury rehabs. I started making friends with a strenght coach and found out that I loved exercise physiology. So after graduating with a biology degree which i had most of my course work done for it since i was premed, i enrolled in a graduate program that offered exercise physiology at the masters level. I recently graduated from that and can honestly say that I would be working retail sales if i hadnt went back to school. Long story short, keep your options open and do what you love. After you get past all those crappy prereq classes that schools make you take and you get into your majors classes you will do better and enjoy it more. Also dont think that you have to finish right away I took a whole year of extra classes in different areas to see what i enjoyed. I finished in five years instead of 4 but it helped me find what I really wanted and enjoyed.

If you want any help PM me, I volunteer at highschools, and do recruiting for my college right now since I currently work for my school so I have experiance with helping students.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information