Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    It really is a simple equation: less guns = better, everything else is just bullshit.

browboy is offline Associate Member
    I have had my CCW for about 12 years now. I carry a Glock .40 caliber. I don't make a habit of carrying absolutely everywhere I go, just when I am going to less desirable areas of town for events and stuff and when i have my kids with me. Almost caught stuck in the middle of a situation at a gas station, and it was very reassuring knowing that if the ordeal escelated, I had something to protect my family.

bcaasdirty is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    It really is a simple equation: more guns = better, everything else is just bullshit.
    fixed

bcaasdirty is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kale
    Dude the fact is if the guns were not freely available nobody would be gunning down anybody.
    thats one way of looking at it, but to be honest it fails to address to true 'root' of the problem

why were they gunning people down in the first place?

referring back to the whole highschool shooting, it doesnt come down to placing the blame on the firearms it comes down to placing the blame on the household

the parents obviously went wrong somewhere in raising them...whether they were alcoholics, drug addicts, hostile towards their children, neglect whatever it may be

and for a kid to be able to gain access to his parents firearms that easy blantantly SHOWS the lack of responsible parenting--they shoulda been locked up!

RANA is offline 100% American Beef
    Blog Entries
    Guns don't kill people, well aimed shots kill people

Quote Originally Posted by bcaasdirty
    thats one way of looking at it, but to be honest it fails to address to true 'root' of the problem

why were they gunning people down in the first place?

referring back to the whole highschool shooting, it doesnt come down to placing the blame on the firearms it comes down to placing the blame on the household

the parents obviously went wrong somewhere in raising them...whether they were alcoholics, drug addicts, hostile towards their children, neglect whatever it may be

and for a kid to be able to gain access to his parents firearms that easy blantantly SHOWS the lack of responsible parenting--they shoulda been locked up!
    OK so given that it is absolutely inevitable that in any society, be it due to parents, environmental factors, social influences, drugs or whatever, some kids/people are going to turn out "bad" (for want of a better term) and be more likely to commit these types of crimes does it not make sense to make it as unlikely as we possibly can for a gun to fall into their hands?

You say people blame guns and say it's not the guns fault as if you're worried about the gun's feelings being hurt, guns have no intentions - good or bad - but they are very dangerous and the fewer there are in circulation the better - virtually all modern thinking societies agree but the US will not let go of it's antiquated wild west ideals.

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Wow, no guns huh, that would suck ass What is it about just seeing a gun that makes people go aaaaaaaahhhh. My god it's just a gun

So I hear some criminals have hand grenades and rocket launchers so obviously the safest thing is for everyone else to have them as well....

LMFAO @ you Americans and your right to bear arms!
    Yeah it sure beat throwing rocks when we sent you guys back over the ocean 200 years ago Have'nt seen you back since all dressed in red

Kale Lets just say we agree to disagree

Quote Originally Posted by goodcents
    Yeah it sure beat throwing rocks when we sent you guys back over the ocean 200 years ago Have'nt seen you back since all dressed in red
    *YAWN*

Nothing like an intelligent debate eh Goodcents?

But since you wanna go that way....

You won't see me over there in your crime riddled cesspool of a country dressed in any colour my man.

ps, you can buy a rocket launcher if you get it registered in most statesYou just have a hard time finding one for sell

*YAWN*

Nothing like an intelligent debate eh Goodcents?

But since you wanna go that way....

You won't see me over there in your crime riddled cesspool of a country dressed in any colour my man.

You guys in other countries actually believe that we all have rolling gun battles every day just going to work

You guys in other countries actually believe that we all have rolling gun battles every day just going to work
    No but we do hear about the crazy misfits that go and shoot up your schools, over here we bully our misfits until they develop an eating disorder and/or kill themselves - we don't arm them with semi-automatic weapons!

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    I figured I would be the only one on the board who would be against bearing arms.

It's a old constitution and so much has changed. I honestly just do not see a reason why a person needs a hand gun or why they should even be made.

The best way to feel safe is to just get rid of hand guns. If people want to hunt, they can use a r***e. If they want to target practice, they can use a r***e. Why even make a gun small enough to fit in a ankle strap?

btw, I don't belive in the death penalty either!

in the us 8 people a day under the age of 19 are shot dead.
    in us homes a gun is 22 times more likely to be used in an accidental shooting,murder or suicide than self defence.
    in 2005 in the us there were 14,000 gun murders,400 being children.
    in the us there are 65,000 gun injuries.

how about some shooting sprees,,,

virginia tech,32 dead.
    amish killings,5 children shot dead then himself.
    columbine,12 students and a teacher,then suicide.
    lubys massacre,23 dead,20 injured,then suicide.
    going postal,14 dead,then suicide.
    macdonalds massacre,21 dead.
    texas tower shooting,14 dead.

and these are just a few..........

now please explain that gun happy america,ill stay here in england with our gun ban and not worry about being shot for going to school,work,shop,church or just getting petrol.

wow it's like talking to a wall even if we just banned guns, we have too many (like you can ever have too many) to just get rid of them and why the fuk would we want to not be able to target shoot or hunt?

goaheadandhitme is offline Associate Member
    freedom= doing whatever you want, as long as it does not interfere with with the life, or liberty, or FREEDOM of others. It has nothing to do with how old the constitution is, or how many kids some jacka55 killed last month.

Why do all these debates get all backaswards? "Who here thinks it should be ok for me to, (fill in the blank) _________." No no no, you shouldn't be allowed to do that, remember when so and so did that and DIED, there should be a law to protect you from yourself.

What I find more troubleing than that, is, in this place, where most of that context revolves around a damed 'illegal' thing how easy it is to find someone who would agree to criminilize anything. Maby its just me. Sorry about the spelling, but as far as I know, thats not against the law yet, so i'l let it slide....

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by ronan the barbarian
    in us homes a gun is 22 times more likely to be used in an accidental shooting,murder or suicide than self defence.
    I'm interested in the statistics in the first few lines you posted, what is the source for those?

It really is a simple equation: less guns = better, everything else is just bullshit.
    I disagree. I think the equation NO guns=better would be applicable, but there are way too many guns in the US for them to completely be banned. Criminals are going to find a way to get guns no matter if they're legal or not. Drugs are illegal too, but there are NONE in the US because they're banned! Right?

All that strict gun control does is punish the people who choose to LEGALLY go through the hoops and get background checks, fingerprints, etc. to own a firearm for self defense. They are not the criminals.

So, unless the "war on guns" would work any better than the "war on drugs", MORE GUNS = LESS CRIME.... it has been statistically proven over and over again, murder rates, violent crime, rape, etc. drop immediately when concealed carry laws are passed. Concealed carry holders are over 5 times less likely to commit violent crimes than the general public. So, yeah, they're not the ones shooting people when they get pissed off.

Here's an example from the UK, where they recently had a gun ban. The interesting thing about the way they report crime statistics, it isn't considered a "crime" unless there is a final resolution... guilty or not guilty. So, all those unsolved crimes and murders just don't show up.
    Last edited by AandF6969; 10-14-2007 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goaheadandhitme
    freedom= doing whatever you want, as long as it does not interfere with with the life, or liberty, or FREEDOM of others. It has nothing to do with how old the constitution is, or how many kids some jacka55 killed last month.

Why do all these debates get all backaswards? "Who here thinks it should be ok for me to, (fill in the blank) _________." No no no, you shouldn't be allowed to do that, remember when so and so did that and DIED, there should be a law to protect you from yourself.

What I find more troubleing than that, is, in this place, where most of that context revolves around a damed 'illegal' thing how easy it is to find someone who would agree to criminilize anything. Maby its just me. Sorry about the spelling, but as far as I know, thats not against the law yet, so i'l let it slide....
    mmmmmmmm.you have talked a lot and said nothing!!!!
    england=steroids -legal,guns illegal
    us =steroids-illegal,guns legal

which is behind the most deaths?......see the flaw in your argument?

and to AandF6969,

all the stats came from the guardian website,british broadsheet.

all the stats came from the guardian website,british broadsheet.
    Could you provide a link?

Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    Could you provide a link?
    try this,not the greatest it engineer.lol

observer.guardian.co.uk/world/story/0,,2190804,00.html -

Kingweb50 is offline Member
    I tried to get a ccw permit here in california and I got denied. The sheriff I had to talk to said it was mainly because I live in a big city and I am not in a job where they think I need one but he said if I would have went to a rural part of the state it is much easier to get one because they arent as concerned with violent crimes

Quote Originally Posted by goaheadandhitme

I like your thinking

England- The sun never sets on her empire.

Oh wait, that was before every country that fought back sent them back home
    America
    Africa
    India
    Australia
    Sorry if anyone gets offended, I'm just razzing them because their thinking makes me want to hurl

England- The sun never sets on her empire.

Oh wait, that was before every country that fought back sent them back home
    America
    Africa
    India
    Australia
    Sorry if anyone gets offended, I'm just razzing them because their thinking makes me want to hurl
    thats funny,i really dont take offence.lol.

erm what language do you speak in america,well i say speak ..i mean try.lol.

and when you say fought back how do you mean?which is the most hated country on the planet?????????and its not irac..sorry i mean I rac.lol

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    how about some shooting sprees,,,

virginia tech,32 dead.
    amish killings,5 children shot dead then himself.
    columbine,12 students and a teacher,then suicide.
    lubys massacre,23 dead,20 injured,then suicide.
    going postal,14 dead,then suicide.
    macdonalds massacre,21 dead.
    texas tower shooting,14 dead.
    These re really good points. But I think you find that most all were illegal guns.Not legal gun owner. If illegal guns were not on the street they would be useing knifes and rocks. So even if you did take guns away you would not take away the violence on the street. So taking away my legal pistols would not solve a thing.

oh hell I like to argueI speak american, I can't understand english peoplejolly pip pip yank (why the fuk are we called yanks)

Pretty sure most of these are gangbangers

Well, there are 2.5 million self-defense uses of guns in the US every year. That would mean there are 55 million accidental shootings, murders, or suicides in the US each year. There aren't.

Funny thing, some of those studies include people under 21 as "children". The murders seem a little high... and 65,000 gun injuries? How many of those are self defense uses?

I was a bit skeptical of those statistics in the article, they do not list a source, study, journal, or anywhere that they came up with the numbers. For all we know, they just made them up. Also, I love how they're talking about the teacher who wants to bring her gun to school like she's some kind of psycho... She has a concealed carry permit, has gone through the proper background checks, fingerprinting, and training, and guess what... she has an abusive ex husband which is the reason she got CCW in the first place. Pretty sure she's not going to go on a rampage. If anything, she'd stop one if one did occur.

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Go to the NRA web site and yull some more stats.

I cut my hand cleaning guns before, does that count as a gun accident?

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    I cut my hand cleaning guns before, does that count as a gun accident?
    to the media it does ohhh no sell it get it off the street ooohhh gggooddd

When I was a kid a bb bounced back and hit me in the forehead, I guess another youth fell victim

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    My dad bought me my first shot gun when I was 6. A 20 gauge with a shorten stock. I still have it. Holds a great pattern.

I'm setting here right now at the salon with my glock .40" just in case anyone wants some money
    I knew two people executed while at work and I vowed to never bend over and just get shot in the back of the head like they had to of knew was coming!!! It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    I am sure those people who got killed. Were not killed with legal guns either.

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    i got mine and i carry.

Hell we always had loaded guns in the house in plain site in the gun room and bedrooms. We just didn't think nothing of it. We knew to not stick it up to our heads and pull the trigger like these dumbass kids do now a days showing off like thugs

I knock the english but I just get excited looking at Holland & Holland r***es, oooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhI just can't afford them $100,000 or more

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yup I grew up around guns my whole life legal guns that is. Matter a fact I just bought 12 gauge semi auto for bird season. Winchester rtx 1500 sweet gun.

oh hell I like to argueI speak american, I can't understand english peoplejolly pip pip yank (why the fuk are we called yanks)
    cus it rhymes with wanks.lol.honestly i dont know or care why your called yanks.and i dont know or have even met anyone that says jolly pip pip.

type in lozells,birmingham,england into you tube and see what my neighbourhood is like,i live in aston about 1/4 mile away.and you will soon see we dont talk like posh engish people you see in the movies.

Yeah it sucks winchester went out of business now they import russian .22's under their name

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information