Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    I'm saying the gold standard doesn't eliminate inflation or deflation or business cycles. If you have a trade deficit under the gold standard you still pay for it.

jsinur7 is offline Member
    Well of course you still pay for it, but i dont see why your so caught up on that... your gonna pay for it no matter the method of currency... at least with the gold standard you'd know how much your paying... like i said, if i work for something, lets say a candy bar, and i achieve that goal, and my dollar will now buy me that candy bar, i should not have to run out and buy that candy bar now and put it into storage, cause next week the dollar i earned will no longer buy me that candy bar... the deal has already beeen made... i work a certain amount i get my candy bar.... if i worked directly for the candyman and the wage was one candy bar, i could pick up that candy bar a year from now, and i still get my candy bar.... the deal becomes a load of sh!t when you put paper currency in the middle of the deal with no standard... i already paid for that candy bar... that candy bar is mine... I worked for it, I earned it... now because i didn't buy it back then now i cant have it? without the gold standard you never know what you have in your hand... with it, if you have a dollars worth of gold, next year you will still have that dollars worth of gold... its value may rise and it may fall, but you still have the same amount of gold... just in the form of a dollar bill... no matter how much more gold they find or how much gold is lost, you still hold the same amount of gold in your hand now, and ten years from now... i'd prefer a little substance to my currency...

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    javascript:void(window.open('http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/finance?ch=4043681&cl=8735124&lang=','playerWindow ','width=793,height=666,scrollbars=no'));

dwaynewade is offline Senior Member
    i saw no end in sight... good movie

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information