Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    It looks ****ing stupid, I mean what next? Just walking around in public in your boxers?
    Why not?

People wear less on the beach. I've seen dancers on stage who wear outfits that would fit in the top of an aspirin bottle.

I agree that the fashion looks stupid. But then, so do a lot of other fashions. If all the stupid fashions were outlawed, then we'd all end up wearing jeans and t-shirts, unless someone thought those looked stupid as well.

However, for anyone inclined to intervene on behalf of anyone awkwardly attired, you might make them aware that if they wanted a job with someone who thought that sagging pants indicated stupidity (which would include most employers), they might never get a job. But dressing to please a prospective employer could result in a steady income.
    And the choice, as it should be, would be theirs to make.

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post

You say that the prejudice associated with the sagging of pants is similar to the prejudice against people with tattoo's. I would disagree. My contempt against people who choose to wear their pants in such a manner is that I feel it portrays a lack of respect for ones self and ones community. I do not feel that tattoo's in and of themselves are an offensive thing to have on ones body. However, I would say that if a person were to display tattoo's on their body which displayed profanity, obscenity, or nudity then a bias against such displays would be warranted in the same way people assume a person with sagging pants is discriminated against. It is about an outward display of disrespect to the community, and not a racial issue. It becomes a racial issue if you decide it is one, but to those of us who are arguing soundly against it, to suggest we are racializing the issue is incorrect.
    ^^In bold above.

That is exactly point bro.

re: your normative values

You do not find tattoos in and of themselves offensive, but you find the style as being personally and socially offensive.

Transpose a tatted up guy to Japan, where tattooing is associated almost exclusively with crime families... and you have the this very same level of prejudiced response.

Some places in Japan refuse entry to guys with tattoos (even tourists) because of the negative connotation(s) associated with such.

Different perceptions... equal prejudices.

Your normative values are constructs.

It is *not* right to label a culture stupid because it does not fit into your normative value system.

-CNS

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock View Post
    Why not?

People wear less on the beach. I've seen dancers on stage who wear outfits that would fit in the top of an aspirin bottle.

I agree that the fashion looks stupid. But then, so do a lot of other fashions. If all the stupid fashions were outlawed, then we'd all end up wearing jeans and t-shirts, unless someone thought those looked stupid as well.

However, for anyone inclined to intervene on behalf of anyone awkwardly attired, you might make them aware that if they wanted a job with someone who thought that sagging pants indicated stupidity (which would include most employers), they might never get a job. But dressing to please a prospective employer could result in a steady income.
    And the choice, as it should be, would be theirs to make.
    Solid post.

I agree 100%.

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by *Narkissos* View Post
    Solid post.

I agree 100%.
    Just cuz u like seeing me in a speedo......

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536 View Post
    Just cuz u like seeing me in a speedo......
    Not so!

I much prefer you in ass-out chaps

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    Quote Originally Posted by OH REALLY View Post
    i agree with you on this one, dysfunctional up brining, lack of values and
    respect for other. and also them selfs. i had a costumer dressed the same way trying to get a refinance for his house from me and his credit score was only a 370 after i told him his credit score he said, " So man what you saying" the funny thing was his house payment was two months past due but his car was up to date....
    I think you're putting way too much into why young people sag. It's just a style. My 17 yr old kid was brought up pretty damn good and even he was sagging along with half the kids he goes to school with.

I don't like the style, I also dont like piercings or tattoos, but who gives a shit. Its an individual thing.

Quote Originally Posted by OH REALLY View Post
    those mechanics didn't look like teenagers
    They are surely young adults. Most commonly the style is associated with young adults.

OH REALLY is offline Banned
    Like i said i sag i have friends that sag but i always have my ass covered.

IMO, the younger kids sag because it's their style. When grown ups sag, it's due to lack of style.

I don't like it either way, but thats just me.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by J431S View Post
    i don;t think for one these guys would want a job from u nor would they demand any form of respect from u in the way u deem what's apppropriate or not. They are no fools. To them, I think, showing their underwears off is sign of saying 'we determine our destiny' or 'this how we intend to dress'. I think there is a big cultural message behind that way of dressing that need to be rationally discussed, don't u think so?
    well, in most highschools and "hip hop communities"

I dont think for one second these kids have put an ounce of thought or intent of sending a message by the way they dress. IT is done because its trendy and cool and the hip hop stars have been doing it. no other reason than this.

in rough neighborhoods, maybe it is done to conceal weopons. I dont know. Maybe in the rough neighborhoods, it really is a sort of statement.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    I think we can all say we've learnt alot from this thread, its been imformative to say the least. Each and every one of us is different and it makes for an interesting and diverse world.

Thanks to Nark i have also learnt two new words

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    ^^^^you are a funny man, I like it

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD MATT View Post
    I think we can all say we've learnt alot from this thread, its been imformative to say the least. Each and every one of us is different and it makes for an interesting and diverse world.

Thanks to Nark i have also learnt two new words
    *L* matt you have a great sense of humor bro!

iceyash is offline Female Member
    b/c they wanna live a THUG LIFE

BuffedGuy is offline Senior Member
    This video reminded me of this thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY2UF...eature=related

I fell asleep halfway through the video. There aren't any boobs, no fist fights or anything to keep my attention.

BuffedGuy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cgb6810 View Post
    I fell asleep halfway through the video. There aren't any boobs, no fist fights or anything to keep my attention.
    Both of these things occur in the last 30 seconds of the video. lol ok no they don't.

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Quote Originally Posted by *Narkissos* View Post
    ^^In bold above.

That is exactly point bro.

re: your normative values

You do not find tattoos in and of themselves offensive, but you find the style as being personally and socially offensive.

Transpose a tatted up guy to Japan, where tattooing is associated almost exclusively with crime families... and you have the this very same level of prejudiced response.

Some places in Japan refuse entry to guys with tattoos (even tourists) because of the negative connotation(s) associated with such.

Different perceptions... equal prejudices.

Your normative values are constructs.

It is *not* right to label a culture stupid because it does not fit into your normative value system.

-CNS

I wasn't really trying to refute your point of my assumptions being normative values. We judge people by their appearence every single day, and no one says anything about it. Most of us on this board would look at a fat out of shape person and say they most likely are a person who doesn't care about themselves, lacks discipline, and stuffs their fat face with food all day long.

My problem was with you characterising those of us who judge people by the sagging of their pants as embracing some sort of a "racist" ideology. People are judged every single day by a number of parameters and of course they are all based on normative values. Sure, we should all get to know every person we see and find out that they are really a person who contributes to society, has feelings, and is a great member of society. Of course that would be completely impractical and a huge waste of time. So instead we determine who we will interact with based on a number of superficial characteristics.

xnotoriousx is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm not going to use a bunch of big words here, mainly because I don't know many and the ones I do know, i'm unsure on how to spell.

Is this not America? Home of the free, blah blah blah. Man, racism to me has to be the best source of comedy ever. I can watch Martin, or Eddie Murphy talk about white people and laugh until there's tears in my eyes. Even though what they say doesn't pertain to all whites, it's still funny. In Eddie "Raw" when he's talkin about the Italian dude when rocky came out... LOL come on you guys??? If you can say you've seen Dave Chappelle "The Black White Supremacist" and didn't think it was funny, or were offended. You've just got it all wrong.

There's no more kkk, there's no more black panthers. Man this is just America.

Alot of fat, stupid, smart, funny, ugly, good looking, racist, insecure, over-secure, people.

Mix and match until you can figure what you are. I'm 24 years old, Italian kid. I get called stuff all the time. It would be different if this were another country where the main population is one race. Then if another race has a "stereotype" it would be understandable to get upset as hell and all worked up, but it's not. This is a country filled with tons of different races/cultures.

Now in person someone disrespecting you and your family, that's when it's time to get offended, and in my opinion kick some fkn ass.

You know, this is such a hard subject that after typing this little bit, I understand why racism is still the way it is today. I really think that all of us, really need to let the past go, and just accept that we live in a country filled with tons of different cultures. If you don't like it, then don't look. Sad thing is, it's really the domino effect that causes this sh!t, and sadly it will never end. So just do what I do, at least get a damn laugh out of it.

xnotoriousx is offline Anabolic Member
    To add to that, there's always going to be stupid racist hicks that think they own America or that they would be better off if other races weren't here. there's nothing you can do about it. You can say the same as there will always be racist ghetto hoods that think America owes them something for what people they never even met went through. They are two in the same. I don't say forget the past, but we damn sure need to live in the present. If you ask me, this damn country is pretty damn equal to all who have a strive or dream.

I hope no-one takes me the wrong way. I love people, color doesn't matter to me man, if you are cool, you are cool. I'm done here. God bless all you crazy ass people.

Its all about comfort man, comfort!! Personally when my boxers are exposed to passers-by I prefer to sport my complete Transformer boxer ensemble, complete with matching socks and lunchbox. But thats just me.

bd50 is offline Associate Member
    wow great thread...

soo back to the orignal topic,,, IMO this particular style/fashion statement with the ass out is lewd in certain places.

i dont want my young kids (not teens yet) looking at asses and underwear when we go to the mall... it's just retarded sometimes the way this looks on teens.

JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION.

and i have plenty of black friends (ages 25-35) who feel the same way as i do about this,, and they don't dress like that.

carry on..
    Last edited by bd50; 02-16-2009 at 03:12 PM.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    I think it's great, easier to push them over and they can't run fast from the Police.. It's hilarious
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    What statement would that be? That they can dress like complete jackass's? They would not show up to work for me looking like that. Im assuming we're talking about communities in the United States, where dressing like that is completely inappropriate. I'm all for people being individuals, but in most work settings there are dress codes to be followed, and having your ass hanging out of your pants isn't cutting it. There have been towns that have tried to pass ordinances against dressing in such a manner, and I completely disagree with any attmept to legislate a dress code. People should be free to wear their pants 12 inches off of their ass if they please. Just know that I dont have to take them seriously or give them an ounce of respect as I feel their attire is disrespectful and inappropriate in pretty much any setting except for a music video.

^^^^

words of the gods.

hellapimpin is offline Anabolic Member
    I actually know why sagging started...or its a good theory..

It started with poor families passing CLothes down to one another, usually a big brother handed down to a younger brother, and the clothes were usually to big..etc.. so it would sag off and be baggy...

And majority of these poor families would usually have members committing crime, selling, doing drugs..etc.. (thug life) .. blah blah..

THe whole thing just kind of caught on, and turned into a Lifestyle/fashion

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

Nicotine is offline Anabolic Member
    IM NOT RACIST (as everyone knows).... but the minute i saw this thread, i instantly thought of the motivational poster:

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Hey Nic where you been ?

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    I thought this thread died along time ago.. Its poo..

hellapimpin is offline Anabolic Member
    wow they are like 8 years old..look at the genetics..if they lifted for a few months they would look jacked !!! lol

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicotine View Post
    IM NOT RACIST (as everyone knows).... but the minute i saw this thread, i instantly thought of the motivational poster:

Holy shit you just made my day

higherdesire is offline Banned
    jesus fvcking christ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails why do grown ups dress like this?-wiggers.jpg  

What a joke. Someone should strangle those little pieces of shit

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    shot them and charge their family for the price of the bullet.....

I think that is an understatement. We must kill their families as well

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    Peace to all!

except people that dress dumb

Death to them

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    How could they walk?