Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: sorry

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    I ABSOLUTELY support your right to disagree. Wouldn't be much of an American if I didn't. And honestly, yes. I would support his Nazi avatar. Does that make me a Nazi? No. It means I believe in freedom. I admire Bobby Seale a lot more than Adolf Hitler. You don't have to listen to all the nuts out there. I think it's immature to bully people because you don't agree with a symbol they hold dear because your perception of it differs, albeit understandably so. I'm big on the I'll leave you alone, you leave me alone philosophy.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    just for the record ... the south will not rise again

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    Quote Originally Posted by prone2rage View Post
    I have a message for the sensitive people on this forum..Grow the fuvk up, you have to be over 18 years old to be on here in the first place....Who gives a fuvk it is the fuvking internet you fuvking cry babies. If you whine over this small shit you need to just kill yourself, you fuvking pu&&ies.
    agreed.....bring back the flag.....i would bring it back myself.....but me and my avatar have an understanding

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Its just a flag of the Confederate States of America.

One can argue any flag to be "racist"

Will a black man become angry if I put a flag of America up???

The U.S. Flag flew over slavery a full 70 years before the Confederate States of America came into existence. The Confederate Flag never flew over the Ships that brought the slaves over here. To top it all off, the Confederate States of America freed her slaves in 1863; the Federal Union didn’t do it until 1868 with the passage of the 13th amendment.

I don't get it...

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    I like sex slaves..

countrybhoy is offline Associate Member
    can you still buy them mat . im fed up begging lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD MATT View Post
    I like sex slaves..
    preferably midgets

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    bgmc puts up a very good argument as usual.

But I have a question for you bro...do you believe the person that put the flag up or anyone else in this thread wants or believes in slavery? I mean we can only take the pc stuff so far until I want to upchuck kittens.

countrybhoy is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx View Post
    Its just a flag of the Confederate States of America.

One can argue any flag to be "racist"

Will a black man become angry if I put a flag of America up???

The U.S. Flag flew over slavery a full 70 years before the Confederate States of America came into existence. The Confederate Flag never flew over the Ships that brought the slaves over here. To top it all off, the Confederate States of America freed her slaves in 1863; the Federal Union didn’t do it until 1868 with the passage of the 13th amendment.

I don't get it...

i already told this guy the war wasnt about economics the north wanted some of the southern wealth . this just gave them an excuse . . LIKE NEARLY ALL WARS money was the main factor . as my atavar says if this flag offends you , you need a history lesson .

Blog Entries
    preferably boys
    ^^ Now im worried

Blog Entries
    ^^ Now im worried
    hahaha jackass!

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by roidattack View Post
    bgmc puts up a very good argument as usual.

But I have a question for you bro...do you believe the person that put the flag up or anyone else in this thread wants or believes in slavery? I mean we can only take the pc stuff so far until I want to upchuck kittens.
    No, I've had convos with Countrybhoy already about this and we agree to disagree. What many don't understand is that I wasn't referring to slavery. The Confederate flag was used post-civil war to continue the oppression of blacks through Jim Crowe laws and the outright practice of murder and subjegation.

There are very few symbols of hate that we can and cannot accept. Again, I refer back to the swatztika. For thousands of years many cultures (from Egypt to India) used that symbol to symbolize good. But it was bastardized by the Nazi's. Even today, no matter what, that symbol will always be linked to one of the most vile human beings and regimes in human history. Why, because it's still used as a symbol of hate by extremist. The Confederate flag represents that same sentiment.

I truly understand the history of the Southern succession. I've done quite the research on it. But it was a society built not only on slave labor but on an idea of racial superiority. Now we all know that the American flag was built on similar principles BUT much of that was rectofide by legislation that was fought tooth and nail by southern states under the auspices of the confederate flag. Even to this day many white southeners use the confederate flag to represent these sentiments.

I respect Countrybhoy's sentiments and realize that since he lives in Ireland he may or may not know how deep the negative sentiments of this flag go to many people. That being said, no matter how it is spun, the Confederate flag will always be synonimous with racist ideology in this country. Based not necessarily in the institute of slavery but rather the resulting consequences of the idea of racial superiority.

BTW, Bigsexxy, the Emancipation Proclamation freed the southern slaves in 1863. It was a desperate move by Lincoln to turn the tide of the war. The Confederacy didn't do. As a matter of fact the reason why some blacks (particularly in Texas) celebrate Juneteenth is because slaves in Texas didn't hear of the Emancipation Proclamation until June 16th 1865, when Union soldiers arrived in Texas and informed them. The 13th amendment was passed by Congress in 1865 (January to be exact), but it wasn't ratified for another 11 months afterwards. But again, the Confederate flag debacle isn't about slavery. It's about the symbolism of racial superiority.
    Last edited by BgMc31; 04-02-2009 at 09:33 AM.

scerpico22 is offline Anabolic Member
    The confederate flag will never be an acceptable symbol, neither to Northerners, civil rights activists, or African-Americans. Sure, the flag no longer means the enforcement of slavery to most of the Southerners that associate with it, but some things will never change to those on the outside who view it. Which I for one think is ignorant.

After the Holocaust, there was a movement in America to change the Swastika, once an aboriginal symbol of peace, back into its original meaning. The symbol, it was claimed, was once a good symbol and could be used for good again. The movement died when it became apparent that the world would forever associate Swastika's with the Nazis, never again with anything to do with peace.

The Confederate flag, unfortunately, falls into the same category. You can try to change its meaning, but outsiders will always view it as a sign of hatred and bigotry.

That being said, if the OP believes the flag to be a symbol of Southern pride and wishes to fly it here he is wrong and must take it down...why because some think it is a sign of slavery and oppression?

Well the same hold true for the Swastika...if someone in here is into Semiotics and they post a Swastika as their avy because they believe in is first true meaning, they must take it down because some else associates it with the Nazi's?

Hmmmm, I dont think so!

Just my $0.02 in the topic...

T-MOS is offline Educate B4 You Medicate~HOF~RIP Our Brother~
    Nevermind.........
    Last edited by T-MOS; 04-02-2009 at 11:42 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by T-MOS View Post
    Show me ONE flag in all the world that doesn't have SOME kind of bad thing attached behind it

Get over it !! Its all in your head and what you allow yourself to focus on.....

gee if someone feels oppressed by Superman does that mean I have to take him out of my avatar?? grow the fvck up and get over yourself....

as long as there is NO MALLACE intended by the representation in the avatar then let it go!!!!
    I've actually been PM'ing Admin about that Superman crap!!!
    I mean, being a Lex Luthor fan...this greatly offends me

Get over it !! Its all in your head and what you allow yourself to focus on.....

gee if someone feels oppressed by Superman does that mean I have to take him out of my avatar?? grow the fvck up and get over yourself....

as long as there is NO MALLACE intended by the representation in the avatar then let it go!!!!
    this is my exact point with my post above T-Mos. If someone assumes the others meaning for a negative connotation you are right and they are wrong therefor I am judge and jury take it down because "I" am offended...

no, no, no....I think not.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Show me ONE flag in all the world that doesn't have SOME kind of bad thing attached behind it

While I understand your point, the maliciousness of this post is unecessary. Your post indicates YOU NEED TO GROW THE FVCK UP!!! This is a thread for intelligent debate not for somebody to demean others. And comparing Superman to the Confederate flag or the Nazi flag is ignorant in its simplification.

Nevermind.......
    Last edited by T-MOS; 04-02-2009 at 11:41 AM.

NATE0406 is offline Anabolic Member
    how come its only racist when white ppl do something??? i live in the south. arkansas to be exact and i have met more racist african amercians and mexicans then white ppl. come on guys. the black panthers where a racist radical group but some how they where heros. and i see african americans always repping there flag or symbols.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NATE0406 View Post
    how come its only racist when white ppl do something??? i live in the south. arkansas to be exact and i have met more racist african amercians and mexicans then white ppl. come on guys. the black panthers where a racist radical group but some how they where heros. and i see african americans always repping there flag or symbols.
    Because their great great grandparents were slaves, so that makes them slaves..somehow...and makes white people jackass racist slave owners...
    I didn't know I owned any slaves, but I get reminded a few times a week. Weird I know.

So now they gotta get us back for all those years....lol
    Last edited by xlxBigSexyxlx; 04-02-2009 at 10:29 AM.

RA
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    No, I've had convos with Countrybhoy already about this and we agree to disagree. What many don't understand is that I wasn't referring to slavery. The Confederate flag was used post-civil war to continue the oppression of blacks through Jim Crowe laws and the outright practice of murder and subjegation.

True

There are very few symbols of hate that we can and cannot accept. Again, I refer back to the swatztika. For thousands of years many cultures (from Egypt to India) used that symbol to symbolize good. But it was bastardized by the Nazi's. Even today, no matter what, that symbol will always be linked to one of the most vile human beings and regimes in human history. Why, because it's still used as a symbol of hate by extremist. The Confederate flag represents that same sentiment.
    I disagree. I see a lot of rebel flags (northern MI..go figure) on vehicles..its a given that they are normally on jacked up redneck looking type trucks but I dont believe that everyone that has one believes in white superiority..thats not the first thing that anyone thinks when they see the rebel flag...they do think that when seeing the swastika.

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    What do you think when you see the flag above? Racism? Slavery? Hatred? White supremacy?

Something worse?

Now, what do you see on the flag above? The color Red? White? Blue? Thirteen stars?

Is that all? See anything else?

Look closer and take some time to think about what you're actually seeing... examine every detail of the flag.

The design of this flag actually tells the story about what the flag stood for, and my friend...

... it says NOTHING about racism, slavery, hatred or white supremacy!

You could remove all COLOR from this flag, leaving just the outline of the details, and still get the picture...

... if your mind wasn't already clouded with the LIES, STUPIDITY and TOTAL IGNORANCE of those who taught you what they have chosen to think it stands for... which is generally the negative attributes listed above.

First of all, the flag above is NOT the "Confederate Flag." It is the "Battle Flag of Northern Virginia." This design, however, is the one most synonymous with the term, and the one used in various forms on other Confederate Flags. It is also the one most hated by those who have no clue what it stands for or the story its design tells.

So look again at the flag and answer this question : Do you see a big letter "X" on it anywhere? How about if I lay that "X" down on its side like this? : See it now? The X is the big, blue bands outlined with white trim that the thirteen stars are placed on.

And do you know what these thirteen stars represent? They represent the thirteen original colonies that formed the first united states of this country. Knowing this is the key to understanding the design of this flag and its TRUE meaning.

The thirteen stars on this flag appear to lie on the blue X... but in reality, the X lies on the starts.

Do you remember from your grade-school years how the teachers would ask you to circle the right answers or picture on a page, or to put an X on the wrong answer or picture? That is the same, basic concept here... the stars on this flag are laid out in the pattern of an X, and the blue bands on this flag were put on the thirteen stars (which represent the 13 original, "united" states) to show that the southern states no longer wanted to be "united" with the northern states. The southern states withdrew from that union in a movement called "secession, which led to the Civil War."

That's it. Its just that simple. If this flag represented slavery, hatred, white supremacy, or something worse, it would contain pictures of the faces of those whom it stood against, and there would be a big X on their faces.

But that is NOT what is on this flag.

And that is NOT what this flag represents.

No, I've had convos with Countrybhoy already about this and we agree to disagree. What many don't understand is that I wasn't referring to slavery. The Confederate flag was used post-civil war to continue the oppression of blacks through Jim Crowe laws and the outright practice of murder and subjegation.I am sure you had nothing to do with slavery nor did I..you are an idiot

There are very few symbols of hate that we can and cannot accept. Again, I refer back to the swatztika. It is not a swatztika For thousands of years many cultures (from Egypt to India) used that symbol to symbolize good. But it was bastardized by the Nazi's. Even today, no matter what, that symbol will always be linked to one of the most vile human beings and regimes in human history. Why, because it's still used as a symbol of hate by extremist. The Confederate flag represents that same sentiment.bullshit, to make a statement like this makes you a dumb ass.

I truly understand the history of the Southern succession. I've done quite the research on it. But it was a society built not only on slave labor but on an idea of racial superiority. Now we all know that the American flag was built on similar principles BUT much of that was rectofide by legislation that was fought tooth and nail by southern states under the auspices of the confederate flag. Even to this day many white southeners use the confederate flag to represent these sentiments.

I respect Countrybhoy's sentiments and realize that since he lives in Ireland he may or may not know how deep the negative sentiments of this flag go to many people.Why That being said, no matter how it is spun, the Confederate flag will always be synonimous with racist ideology in this country. bullshit I knwo several black guys that have one and display itBased not necessarily in the institute of slavery but rather the resulting consequences of the idea of racial superiority.

BTW, Bigsexxy, the Emancipation Proclamation freed the southern slaves in 1863. It was a desperate move by Lincoln to turn the tide of the war. The Confederacy didn't do. As a matter of fact the reason why some blacks (particularly in Texas) celebrate Juneteenth is because slaves in Texas didn't hear of the Emancipation Proclamation until June 16th 1865, when Union soldiers arrived in Texas and informed them. The 13th amendment was passed by Congress in 1865 (January to be exact), but it wasn't ratified for another 11 months afterwards. But again, the Confederate flag debacle isn't about slavery. It's about the symbolism of racial superiority.
    Slavery has been dead for so long get over it you were never a slave nor will your children be...It is a flag that has meaning to people from the south, like other thread in the lounge if you dont like them walk away. don't post in them unless you are looking for a fight.
    Last edited by *RAGE*; 04-02-2009 at 12:15 PM.

IM708 is offline AR's Supplement Guru
    What, people havn't gotten over an incident that happened over 130 years ago. They don't know anyone personally whos been there or know any1 who has talked to someone who has been there. These hypersensitive pricks need to get a hobby collecting bottle caps and get their oozing vag's checked out, leave this forum.

Blog Entries
    I like flags....

What do you think when you see the flag above? Racism? Slavery? Hatred? White supremacy?

Something worse?

Now, what do you see on the flag above? The color Red? White? Blue? Thirteen stars?

Is that all? See anything else?

Look closer and take some time to think about what you're actually seeing... examine every detail of the flag.

The design of this flag actually tells the story about what the flag stood for, and my friend...

... it says NOTHING about racism, slavery, hatred or white supremacy!

You could remove all COLOR from this flag, leaving just the outline of the details, and still get the picture...

... if your mind wasn't already clouded with the LIES, STUPIDITY and TOTAL IGNORANCE of those who taught you what they have chosen to think it stands for... which is generally the negative attributes listed above.

First of all, the flag above is NOT the "Confederate Flag." It is the "Battle Flag of Northern Virginia." This design, however, is the one most synonymous with the term, and the one used in various forms on other Confederate Flags. It is also the one most hated by those who have no clue what it stands for or the story its design tells.

So look again at the flag and answer this question : Do you see a big letter "X" on it anywhere? How about if I lay that "X" down on its side like this? : See it now? The X is the big, blue bands outlined with white trim that the thirteen stars are placed on.

And do you know what these thirteen stars represent? They represent the thirteen original colonies that formed the first united states of this country. Knowing this is the key to understanding the design of this flag and its TRUE meaning.

The thirteen stars on this flag appear to lie on the blue X... but in reality, the X lies on the starts.

Do you remember from your grade-school years how the teachers would ask you to circle the right answers or picture on a page, or to put an X on the wrong answer or picture? That is the same, basic concept here... the stars on this flag are laid out in the pattern of an X, and the blue bands on this flag were put on the thirteen stars (which represent the 13 original, "united" states) to show that the southern states no longer wanted to be "united" with the northern states. The southern states withdrew from that union in a movement called "secession, which led to the Civil War."

That's it. Its just that simple. If this flag represented slavery, hatred, white supremacy, or something worse, it would contain pictures of the faces of those whom it stood against, and there would be a big X on their faces.

But that is NOT what is on this flag.

And that is NOT what this flag represents.

RA
    rage I disagree with bgmc 100% but the board has a no flame policy. You can make an argument without attacking the person.

Quote Originally Posted by roidattack View Post
    rage I disagree with bgmc 100% but the board has a no flame policy. You can make an argument without attacking the person.
    While I admire and respect Countrybhoys apology and I accept it, I send all the other cats standing up for it a big 'FVCK YOU'!!!!
    this quote is from bgmc31, he stated the flaming not me.

And thank you

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Who the fk cares...flags aren't the ones going around raping and murdering people. People are. Have we reached the point in society where we are afraid of symbols? It seems as time goes on, people get softer and softer.

Hate the player, not the game.

Blog Entries
    While I understand your point, the maliciousness of this post is unecessary. Your post indicates YOU NEED TO GROW THE FVCK UP!!! This is a thread for intelligent debate not for somebody to demean others. And comparing Superman to the Confederate flag or the Nazi flag is ignorant in its simplification.
    Your a sad twat....

I love flaming...

This was not to attack his race, but he attacked my haritage by call it races...

I like flags....
    did you say flags or fags?????

well I guess you like both so its ok

RA
    I stand corrected.

this quote is from bgmc31, he stated the flaming not me.

And thank you

Blog Entries
    did you say flags or fags?????

well I guess you like both so its ok
    hahaha, Flags bro, you can ask jayne about the other...

Fags are cool though....

UrRoyalHighness is offline Associate Member
    i have a rebel yell shirt with a american soldier in the shape of a confederate flag that i wear to the gym atleast once a week. I have seen a lot more offensive avies than that.. weak

UrRoyalHighness is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooomoto View Post
    Who the fk cares...flags aren't the ones going around raping and murdering people. People are. Have we reached the point in society where we are afraid of symbols? It seems as time goes on, people get softer and softer.

Hate the player, not the game.
    i agree man

Blog Entries
    I like fags....

Fixed.

RA
    Always thought he was a little "funny"

Fixed.

Blog Entries
    Fixed.
    Hahaha, bastard...

Blog Entries
    Fixed.
    I got you good in your own thread lol...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information