Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    Hazards Science thread >> Mr Rose Science thread

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Mr.Rose is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    Is it possible to create an artificially stable wormhole in a subspace vacuum and if you did where would you end up at if you went through it?

Also, how much enriched uranium U-235 does it take to create a briefcase bomb?

And what is Base 8 math?
    No, wormholes are not proven, and physically cannot exist, theoretically they can, but cannot in tangible, real time space! IF one did, you would get crushed and die befre you came out anywhere.

Thats also impossible, you cannot cause sufficient, or any fission in the U-235 in a brief case. There is not enough power, and no technology today can create such a device.

Base 8 math is digits to the base 8, its known as octal numbers and i use it all the time at university to create logic circuits for my microprocessors, it has mroe binary variations then hexadecimal bases. Everyone knows base 10, its what numbers you use every day. well base 8 is for example, in base 10, 100 = 100, in base 8, 100 = 64.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungGunsNY View Post
    Wow, if this thread is still around in 3 months, it could be really useful for my bio & chem classes...
    I'll be here baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post

~Haz~

But in here, i answer your questions and d your homework.

Why are all photons circularly polarized?

~Haz~
    ^^^^ still hafta answer that.....

~Haz~

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Okay, let me pose a question that the Google search tool shouldn't help the OP out with:

"When you drop, a drop of water onto a hot plate at 150 degrees celcius, the drop will evaporate within a few seconds. If the temperature is raised to about 200 degrees C, the drop will be able to survive for about a minute, far longer than previously. However, increase the temperature again and the survival time drops with the increasing temperature. Provide a semi quantitive explanation of this phenomena"

~Haz~
    Sorry babe i missed it.

Umm, i don't know where you googled that from, but not all protons are circularly polarized. From what i understand there orbit is determined by the phase angles, and when you do differential calculus (first year subject) you learn that imaginary number are given in radians, so a phase angle of pie/2 (i.e 90* ) between the amplitude of the sine wave and the amplitude of the cos wave is what gives you a circularly polarized state. This phase angle is determined by the energy state of the photon in subject. There is extremely complex maths in this regard that dives deep into quantum mechanics. I personally do not study quantum mechanics, so i can only give you that base answer. Hope its to your liking, otherwise, i can write out some maths for you and actually quantitatively give you an answer.

~Haz~
    I'm going to have to answer this one soon because I have to leave shortly and don't want to leave anyone hangin......

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

I'm going to have to answer this one soon because I have to leave shortly and don't want to leave anyone hangin......

~Haz~
    done. above.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Rose View Post
    Sorry babe i missed it.

Umm, i don't know where you googled that from, but not all protons are circularly polarized. From what i understand there orbit is determined by the phase angles, and when you do differential calculus (first year subject) you learn that imaginary number are given in radians, so a phase angle of pie/2 (i.e 90* ) between the amplitude of the sine wave and the amplitude of the cos wave. This phase angle is determined by the energy state of the photon in subject. There is extremely complex maths in this regard that dives deep into quantum mechanics. I personally do not study quantum mechanics, so i can only give you that base answer. Hope its to your liking, otherwise, i can write out some maths for you and actually quantitatively give you an answer.
    It's not google found It was a trick question......

Answer..... Actually they aren't, its just that the eigenstates are circularly polarized. A photon can have any polarization since it can be in a superposition of the two eigenstates.

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

Okay, let me pose a question that the Google search tool shouldn't help the OP out with:

"When you drop, a drop of water onto a hot plate at 150 degrees celcius, the drop will evaporate within a few seconds. If the temperature is raised to about 200 degrees C, the drop will be able to survive for about a minute, far longer than previously. However, increase the temperature again and the survival time drops with the increasing temperature. Provide a semi quantitive explanation of this phenomena"
    YOu want quantitative analysis? I can write you 3 pages of maths on this. Leave it with me, and by tomorrow you will have your maths with diagrams an graphs! I love surface tension!!

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    If you blow a guy but dont like it are you still gay ?

Did i get your question right haz ?

It's not google found It was a trick question......

Answer..... Actually they aren't, its just that the eigenstates are circularly polarized. A photon can have any polarization since it can be in a superposition of the two eigenstates.

~Haz~
    I knew it was a trick question, because they are ALL not, .

Oh do you actually have the eigen values of photon quantum mechanics??

I would love them please!!!

YOu want quantitative analysis? I can write you 3 pages of maths on this. Leave it with me, and by tomorrow you will have your maths with diagrams an graphs! I love surface tension!!
    What would you hazard now, in laymens terms?

What would you hazard now, in laymens terms?
    Well first thing you learn in thermodynamics (2nd year, i just did this last semester) is that surface tension is proportional to temperature, one thing about water, the hydrogen bonding is so great that what happens is that when the droplet is placed on a surface with a temperature far greater than is boiling point, the molecules in contact with the surface break form their lattice structure and form a vapor surface underneath the main drop. This vapour is kept in place due to the dipole-dipole and polar reactions with the main body. What this does is fvck up the laws of thermodynmaics between the droplet and the hot surface, and heat fails to transfer at a high temperature. you see water is a bad conductor of heat, and metal is a great conductor. What the metal wants to to steal the 'coldness' from the water, or following true laws, wants to give its heat to the water, but it can't. Metal likes to do it very fast, it has an electron cloud which is very powerful, but since there is now insulation, it must transfer it through air, and air sucks are thermal-conductibility.

So basically it heats slowly and not fast. Thus it evaporates slowly, aka the ball of water gets small and smaller.
    Last edited by Mr.Rose; 06-27-2010 at 11:00 AM. Reason: spelling

Well first thing you learn in thermodynamics (2nd year, i just did this last semester) is that surface tension is proportional to temperature, one thing about water, the hydrogen bonding is so great that what happens is that when the droplet is placed on a surface with a temperature far greater than is boiling point, the molecules in contact with the surface break form their lattice structure and form a vapor surface underneath the main drop. This vapour is kept in place due to the dipole-dipole and polar reactions with the main body. What this does is fvck up the laws of thermodynmaics between the droplet and the hot surface, and heat fails to transfer at a high temperature. you see water is a bad conductor of heat, and metal is a great conductor. What the metal wants to to steal the 'coldness' from the water, or following true laws, wants to give its heat to the water, but it can't. Metal likes to do it very fast, it has an electron cloud which is very powerful, but since there is now insulation, it must transfer it through air, and air sucks are thermal-conductibility.

So basically it heats slowly and not fast. Thus it evaporates slowly, aka the ball of water gets small and smaller.

This is a question I asked a University Professor who told me it is because the drop of water is insulated by the steam forming on the bottom of it which has a temperature close to 100 C. The faster you make steam the more possible insulation, to the point that this effect is outstripped by inceased heat via another mechanism. Possibly, you begin heating the steam past 100 C before it can escape from beneath the water thus heating the water faster, possibly the water is being heated by radiant heat from the plate or hot air from near the surface of the plate, possibly something else.

This is also known as Superheating.

Your answer seemed partly right apart from the "heats slower". The fact that the temperature is increasing at an exponential rate is what causes the "insulation cushion" in the first place.

This is a question I asked a University Professor who told me it is because the drop of water is insulated by the steam forming on the bottom of it which has a temperature close to 100 C. The faster you make steam the more possible insulation, to the point that this effect is outstripped by inceased heat via another mechanism. Possibly, you begin heating the steam past 100 C before it can escape from beneath the water thus heating the water faster, possibly the water is being heated by radiant heat from the plate or hot air from near the surface of the plate, possibly something else.

This is also known as Superheating.

Your answer seemed partly right apart from the "heats slower". The fact that the temperature is increasing at an exponential rate is what causes the "insulation cushion" in the first place.
    YOu asked for laymans terms, and that is did give. Our answers are identical. I obviously used words i shouldn't have, but by 'heat slow', i means there is now thermal insulation between the wate droplet and the hotplate, thsu reducing the thermal transfer. I did a 6 month course on thermal dynamics, and this has everything to do with thermal dynamics.

When you increase the temperature even further, flash heating occurs, where the insulation layer cannot be sustained. Thus is cannot last as long. It takes longer to evaporte because it does 'heat slower', aka heat transfer is reduced DUE to the insulation layer of steam.

This effect is known as the leidenfrost effect. Im looking at it right infront of me in my thermal dynamics textbook.
    Last edited by Mr.Rose; 06-27-2010 at 11:13 AM.

Can you guys stop googling things and then posting them to compare my answer with the googled on you got.

I would like people to post serious questions here, test my knowledge with serious question, not because you want to try undermine me. Ask me your homework questions, things you have always wondered about the universe, etc etc.

Ask me real questions, don't toy with me.

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Can you guys stop googling things and then posting them to compare my answer with the googled on you got.

I would like people to post serious questions here, test my knowledge with serious question, not because you want to try undermine me. Ask me your homework questions, things you have always wondered about the universe, etc etc.

Why have we not found any life outside our own little corner of the universe.
    After all the universe is vast but we have the "Hubble Telescope". Or, have we actually known about other intelligence, but due to fears, ie public panic,
    The government keeps a lid on it? Surely there is more going on up above the clark belt than we are led to believe. Especially with the manned spacestation and the constant shuttle flights. Those guys would have had to see something by now. I know your answers would probably be based on conjecture, but hey go for it.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries

now rosie, have common sense here, if the majority of us arent versed in what you are studying/have studied, how can we present questions if we dont know the answers ourselves?

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    Good-morrow Gentlemen and Ladies... who am i kidding?, Gentlemen.

Many of you might know me as AR's resident nerd (amongst other things). I am currently undertaking a double bachelors, honors degree in Engineering: Aerospace Mechatronic Engineering, and Science: Bio-molecular Genetic Engineering. Being half way through my course i would love to have a stick poked at me and to revise anything i have forgot and to have a go at anything you guys throw at me.

So boys and girls if you have Questions you want to throw my way in regards to physics, chemistry, biology (general, I'm not that good with the human body... yet), maths, engineering (electrical, mechanical, civil, hell any! ) then do it!

Please don't ask me questions about your car, even though as with my degree I am doing mechanical engineering, that entail detailed machines, not your car! I am not a Mechanic.

This thread was inspired by Igifuno's failed attempt to outsmart me in the field of cell division, .

So time for round two!

So try keep this serious. For more complex maths questions, give me a day or two, so i can write it out, scan it and upload it.

Have fun!
    Well I had no idea I had a friend on this forum...

What do you think about my calculations in regard of 9/11 in marcus's thread?

Is the information content of the universe finite? Classical mechanics has an infinite amount of information in the location of a single particle and quantum mechanics has an infinite amount of information in the wave function of a particle, so the answer seems to be 'no', but this is by no means a proof.

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

What keeps the uvula from being ripped out of the back of a mans throat, when he performs oral copulation on an another exceptionaly well endowed man? I would ask DSM, but I'm giving him a much needed break. Aslo, after looking at my uvula in the mirror, it seems to be flattened out. Should I be worried?
    Last edited by Shol'va; 06-27-2010 at 12:26 PM.

What keeps the uvula from being ripped out of the back of a mans throat, when he performs oral copulation on an another exceptionaly well endowed man? I would ask DSM, but I'm giving him a much needed break.
    Why would it be ripped out? It's attached...... I don't see how it could be ripped out unless said "well endowed" man had a piercing.....

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

Ahh, anything you say on the subject of the Universe is purely heresay, no matter how good your acadamia is. I have no doubt you are a very smart person, but seeing as the Scientific community can still not define the universe as finite or infinite, any "facts" on the Universe is surely, opinion?

Ahh, anything you say on the subject of the Universe is purely heresay, no matter how good your acadamia is. I have no doubt you are a very smart person, but seeing as the Scientific community can still not define the universe as finite or infinite, any "facts" on the Universe is surely, opinion?
    ^^^^ right.....

I wasn't trying to undermine him..... I thought I was helping by testing his knowledge to help him prepare.....

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

Here's the question of the century...... or should I say..... the question since the beginning of time.....

What is time?

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

Blog Entries
    bingo!!! steven hawkings is full of pretentious shit imho

Blog Entries
    Here's the question of the century...... or should I say..... the question since the beginning of time.....

What is time?

~Haz~
    the space between dusk and dawn?

Since oil and water don't mix, oil floats to the surface, why are those reporters on tv saying that there is a river of oil on the bottom of the ocean from the leaking pipe? Just curious

What is time?

~Haz~
    Time is something we never have enough of when theres too much sh*t to do.

Whats really cool is how we can travel into the future...... but not into the past. We've already traveled into the future..... that russian astronaut who circled the earth for 800+ days at 13,000mph had effectively traveled 1/48th of a second into the future.

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

Whats really cool is how we can travel into the future...... but not into the past. We've already traveled into the future..... that russian astronaut who circled the earth for 800+ days at 13,000mph had effectively traveled 1/48th of a second into the future.

~Haz~
    I don't know about traveling into the future, but taveling to the past would probably bring into effect the grandfather paradox. It states that if a man were to travel back in time and kill his biological grandfather before the grandfather met the grandmother, and as a result one of the mans parents and the man himself would have never been conceived. This would imply that he could not travel back in time after all. which means the grandfather would still be alive, and the man still would have been conceived allowing him to travel back in time to kill his grandfather. Each possibility seems to imply its own negation, a type of logical paradox.

I don't know about traveling into the future, but taveling to the past would probably bring into effect the grandfather paradox. It states that if a man were to travel back in time and kill his biological grandfather before the grandfather met the grandmother, and as a result one of the mans parents and the man himself would have never been conceived. This would imply that he could not travel back in time after all. which means the grandfather would still be alive, and the man still would have been conceived allowing him to travel back in time to kill his grandfather. Each possibility seems to imply its own negation, a type of logical paradox.

Right..... the current belief is that we can't travel back in time. However.... those that think we can..... also believe in multiple universes. They believe that if you went back and killed your grandfather..... your timeline would split and there would be a universe where you would exist and one where you wouldn't.

Also..... theres the belief that if a time machine is ever invented..... one could only go back to the point where the time machine was invented but not before it..... almost like a loop on a roller coaster. The start of the loop is where the time machine is invented......

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

Way to go Haz, Both smart and tasteful. You are one of the areas in which DSM and I differ. I like a man with good taste, he likes his men to taste good.

Way to go Haz, Both smart and tasteful. You are one of the areas in which DSM and I differ. I like a man with good taste, he likes his men to taste good.
    LMAO..... I think I blushed.....

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    How is information organized and transmitted through a radio wave?

[QUOTE=DSM4Life;5239943]If you blow a guy but dont like it are you still gay ?

Only if you swap spit right after blowing him.

Skyler is offline I thought I knew it all...WRONG!
    If I am only gay for pay, than what am I?
    I don't do sexual things with men for free, so i am not gay

I do sexual things with men for money, so i am greedy

I don't do sexual things with men for free, I am greedy

I do sexual things with men for money, so i am gay

So, gay? Greedy? Bored?
    What is a scientific/biological approach to answer the question (since some argue that being gay is determined by chemical compounds/proportions in the brain)

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    If I am only gay for pay, than what am I?
    I don't do sexual things with men for free, so i am not gay

I do sexual things with men for money, so i am greedy

I don't do sexual things with men for free, I am greedy

I do sexual things with men for money, so i am gay

So, gay? Greedy? Bored?
    What is a scientific/biological approach to answer the question (since some argue that being gay is determined by chemical compounds/proportions in the brain)
    Your just suffering from a lot of Sexual Confusion/Frustration/Indecision/Repression, with a lot of bills to pay. Or, it could be latent homosexuality. As far as the biological approach, I'm sure DSM will be happy to personally approach you in his own biological way, helping to add his own chemical compound to your system.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information