Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 83
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Police Deny Constitutional Rights

  1. #1
    Metalject's Avatar
    Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,066

    Police Deny Constitutional Rights

    I'm sure some of you have seen this. Already a few million hits in a few days.

    This is unreal and is just more evidence of how badly liberty is being destroyed in the U.S. And I'm not posting this to bash the police. The police are simply part of the overall government structure, they're using the power the government's given them that they were never intended to have.

    Keep voting in more progressives and I guarantee you it will get much worse than this.


  2. #2
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    Saw this the other day. Terrible. Ego takes over way too often.

    This is a long video but worth watching if you have time...

    Dont Talk to Police - YouTube
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  3. #3
    Lunk1's Avatar
    Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    METHAMERICA
    Posts
    16,392
    I wonder what would have happened if he would have rolled down his window, handed the officer his info and shown some respect? I bet it would have caused some horrible circumstances to have occurred...like being sent on his way!
    < <Samson> > likes this.

  4. #4
    < <Samson> >'s Avatar
    < <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    AZ Side
    Posts
    11,272
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    I wonder what would have happened if he would have rolled down his window, handed the officer his info and shown some respect? I bet it would have caused some horrible circumstances to have occurred...like being sent on his way!

    No shit huh, I'm always nice to these fvcking pigs. Not that I want to be, but it goes a longer way.

  5. #5
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    Why would you have to roll down your window? What would the officer gain from that? They can converse and he can get whatever paperwork he wants. Why? Because he's a cop? Allowing the cop to hear me and giving him documents with NO attitude or delay, is disrespectful?
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  6. #6
    Metalject's Avatar
    Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    I wonder what would have happened if he would have rolled down his window, handed the officer his info and shown some respect? I bet it would have caused some horrible circumstances to have occurred...like being sent on his way!
    Of course that would have been easier, but that's not the point. This guy and a whole group of other libertarians drive around with cameras in their car for a reason. He knew that it could cause a problem, but rights are rights and he did not break the law. Many police groups in the U.S. trample rights every day, they've been given the authority to do so. All he was doing was trying to show this. If the cops had been following the same law they're upheld to enforce, this video never would have been posted.

  7. #7
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    Officer should have been mature enough to realize that a window does not have to be rolled down all the way to conduct his business. Windows weren't even tinted. That cop is garbage and he will be the one yelling at kids "Get off my lawn". Needs to grow up and not let this kid get the best of him. Simple. Grow the heck up.
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  8. #8
    Metalject's Avatar
    Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,066
    Quote Originally Posted by austinite View Post
    Why would you have to roll down your window? What would the officer gain from that? They can converse and he can get whatever paperwork he wants. Why? Because he's a cop? Allowing the cop to hear me and giving him documents with NO attitude or delay, is disrespectful?
    Many police officers do this type of thing to establish dominance. They've forgotten they serve the people, we are not under their heal...or at least we're not supposed to be.

    Now I will freely admit police officers often have to deal with the worst of the worst in society, but that is no excuse to act like this. You cannot treat everyone like their a potential criminal. Some officers will say they have to in order to protect themselves, but if that's the case go be a police officer in Russia, not the U.S.

  9. #9
    Lunk1's Avatar
    Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    METHAMERICA
    Posts
    16,392
    It boils down to compliance. When ppl opt to not comply with direction it's often a sign they are trying to hide something. At a DUI checkpoint, failing to roll down your window all of the way or simply failing to comply with the requests made indicate that a subject may be trying to hide the odor of alcohol or other substances. Police key in on abnormal behavior. I'm not condoning the officers actions but I'm not condoning the dumb ass kid either.

  10. #10
    Metalject's Avatar
    Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    It boils down to compliance. When ppl opt to not comply with direction it's often a sign they are trying to hide something. At a DUI checkpoint, failing to roll down your window all of the way or simply failing to comply with the requests made indicate that a subject may be trying to hide the odor of alcohol or other substances. Police key in on abnormal behavior. I'm not condoning the officers actions but I'm not condoning the dumb ass kid either.
    But we are not required to be compliant. We do not have to be compliant if we choose not to. The only way the police can force us to is if there's a reason that is a reason justified by law. They had no justification, standing on what you have the right to do is not a justification for violating a right. If it was it wouldn't be a right.

    Let me ask you this Lunk...currently in most every state, police officers are allowed to lie to your face, cheat the law in ways you can't and even steal from you if it leads to an drug based arrest. Without doing those things they'd have no arrest, so when that happens would you say they were justified in violating an individual's rights because it led to them busting their meth stash?

  11. #11
    Lunk1's Avatar
    Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    METHAMERICA
    Posts
    16,392
    Whats funny is that putting aside professions and opinions of cops. My parents raised me to respect police and I would have never considered taking the actions this kid did. He provoked the behavior on purpose (wrong or right) he still provoked it!

  12. #12
    Lunk1's Avatar
    Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    METHAMERICA
    Posts
    16,392
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalject View Post
    But we are not required to be compliant. We do not have to be compliant if we choose not to. The only way the police can force us to is if there's a reason that is a reason justified by law. They had no justification, standing on what you have the right to do is not a justification for violating a right. If it was it wouldn't be a right.

    Let me ask you this Lunk...currently in most every state, police officers are allowed to lie to your face, cheat the law in ways you can't and even steal from you if it leads to an drug based arrest. Without doing those things they'd have no arrest, so when that happens would you say they were justified in violating an individual's rights because it led to them busting their meth stash?
    The cheat the law and steal from you part I would like you to explain. The lie to your face part..uh yeah! Bad guy to undercover cop: "Are you a cop"? Cop: "Yes I am, since you asked and I'm not allowed to lie" c'mon!

  13. #13
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    I understand, Lunk. But the cop is being ridiculous. What's next? Tap your head and rub your tummy? I know that won't happen but my point is, there was no reason to issue that demand. Whatsoever. Again, cop can look in his car. He's not hiding anything, this is 100% ego. Proof is in the pudding. A DUI point, no DUI test, not even questioned about DUI. The cop simply wanted to make the kid miserable. This is absurd and un american. Look at this video... he gets a K9, searches his car.... for what? Because he didn't roll his window down?

    Furthermore; it was late in the day and dark. For a citizens safety... POLICE have repeatedly instructed citizens to partially roll their windows down for an unmarked police vehicle and/or if you can't see it.

    That son of a bitch needs his badge pulled. Dishonorable and vile being. I wonder how many people he's jailed because he is on his high horse 24/7. I could care less about his demands. They're unreasonable, irresponsible and provoking. He is a highway terrorist. That is not his job. He failed to fulfil his job responsibilities and failed to honor his badge. Disgusting and worthless human.

    I think everyone should respect police. I do. But there was ZERO disrespect on the kids part.
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  14. #14
    Lunk1's Avatar
    Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    METHAMERICA
    Posts
    16,392
    Quote Originally Posted by austinite View Post
    I understand, Lunk. But the cop is being ridiculous. What's next? Tap your head and rub your tummy? I know that won't happen but my point is, there was no reason to issue that demand. Whatsoever. Again, cop can look in his car. He's not hiding anything, this is 100% ego. Proof is in the pudding. A DUI point, no DUI test, not even questioned about DUI. The cop simply wanted to make the kid miserable. This is absurd and un american. Look at this video... he gets a K9, searches his car.... for what? Because he didn't roll his window down?

    Furthermore; it was late in the day and dark. For a citizens safety... POLICE have repeatedly instructed citizens to partially roll their windows down for an unmarked police vehicle and/or if you can't see it.

    That son of a bitch needs his badge pulled. Dishonorable and vile being. I wonder how many people he's jailed because he is on his high horse 24/7. I could care less about his demands. They're unreasonable, irresponsible and provoking. He is a highway terrorist. That is not his job. He failed to fulfil his job responsibilities and failed to honor his badge. Disgusting and worthless human.

    I think everyone should respect police. I do. But there was ZERO disrespect on the kids part.
    I don't disagree with you entirely. I may not (for obvious reasons) feel as passionate about it lol. I have seen things like this many times and have figuratively blown the whistle myself. I'm still not in favor of these groups who purposely set the scene in order to provoke the cops bad behavior. No more than I am in favor of cops purposely provoking citizens to become angry and or violent.

  15. #15
    Lunk1's Avatar
    Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    METHAMERICA
    Posts
    16,392
    I saw an officer one afternoon charge a guy with leaving the scene of a MV accident. This was after he already determined the guy was at work and had questioned the juvenile son about crashing the car. Because the kid wouldn't confess he charged dad out of spite. I went ballistic and explained that his actions were even more criminal and that he should be charged. A complaint was filed and charges dismissed. Thank god I didn't work with his dumb ass.

  16. #16
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    I don't disagree with you entirely. I may not (for obvious reasons) feel as passionate about it lol. I have seen things like this many times and have figuratively blown the whistle myself. I'm still not in favor of these groups who purposely set the scene in order to provoke the cops bad behavior. No more than I am in favor of cops purposely provoking citizens to become angry and or violent.
    Yeah. I guess I'm a bit dramatic with that last post. But dang. Just irks me that these seemingly simple things that go on daily are considered OK. They're not. And the problem is, this kid was INCREDIBLY lucky, because there are many cases that start like this, and end up with someone dead. It's almost as if we are not to exercise our rights in the presence of police officers.

    Argh. Dangit, Metal. See what you did. Now I need find my Avapro.

    Lunk, I know you don't take my crap personally. That's why I don't mind conversing with you
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  17. #17
    Metalject's Avatar
    Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    The cheat the law and steal from you part I would like you to explain. The lie to your face part..uh yeah! Bad guy to undercover cop: "Are you a cop"? Cop: "Yes I am, since you asked and I'm not allowed to lie" c'mon!
    By cheat I mean they can ignore your rights because they are cops, but that's the only reason we have rights, to protect ourselves from the government, which the police is part of.

    By steal, again they can trample rights, they can confiscate items without a warrant that are on your person outside of your house. In the state of TX (I just learned this a few months ago) a cop can take your money from you when he pulls you over if he deems it to be an excess amount of cash and might be drug related. There doesn't have to be any drugs found and there's no specific number that states what's an excess amount. The law reads it is up to the discretion of the officer.

    Lie, when they tell you, you have to do things you do not have to do. If you are not breaking the actual law a cop cannot tell you to do anything. He's not your dad and you're not his little child, but that's how many cops treat people.

  18. #18
    Metalject's Avatar
    Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,066
    Quote Originally Posted by austinite View Post
    Yeah. I guess I'm a bit dramatic with that last post. But dang. Just irks me that these seemingly simple things that go on daily are considered OK. They're not. And the problem is, this kid was INCREDIBLY lucky, because there are many cases that start like this, and end up with someone dead. It's almost as if we are not to exercise our rights in the presence of police officers.

    Argh. Dangit, Metal. See what you did. Now I need find my Avapro.

    Lunk, I know you don't take my crap personally. That's why I don't mind conversing with you
    BINGO! It's gotten to the point where rights are only allowed if we don't exercise them.

    This little video is just a small example of a much larger problem that goes far beyond the police. Again, I'm not bashing all cops. Of course there are good cops but the police have gained too much power in the U.S.

  19. #19
    Lunk1's Avatar
    Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    METHAMERICA
    Posts
    16,392
    Quote Originally Posted by austinite View Post
    Yeah. I guess I'm a bit dramatic with that last post. But dang. Just irks me that these seemingly simple things that go on daily are considered OK. They're not. And the problem is, this kid was INCREDIBLY lucky, because there are many cases that start like this, and end up with someone dead. It's almost as if we are not to exercise our rights in the presence of police officers.

    Argh. Dangit, Metal. See what you did. Now I need find my Avapro.

    Lunk, I know you don't take my crap personally. That's why I don't mind conversing with you
    I TRY not to take too much seriously. If I did I would end up behaving like the dumb cop in the video. I understand that given the very nature of this site that it's an up hill battle to make ppl see that this type of behavior actually is the minority, not the norm as many believe. It's the same concept as a bad review on a retail item or a restaurant. Those who are displeased are quick to post bad reviews (youtube videos) but like a restaurant you have to consider the amount of negative reviews vs the amount of ppl served.

  20. #20
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    I TRY not to take too much seriously. If I did I would end up behaving like the dumb cop in the video. I understand that given the very nature of this site that it's an up hill battle to make ppl see that this type of behavior actually is the minority, not the norm as many believe. It's the same concept as a bad review on a retail item or a restaurant. Those who are displeased are quick to post bad reviews (youtube videos) but like a restaurant you have to consider the amount of negative reviews vs the amount of ppl served.
    lol. But in a restaurant drive through I can partially roll my window down and they don't yell at me!
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  21. #21
    Lunk1's Avatar
    Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    METHAMERICA
    Posts
    16,392
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalject View Post
    By cheat I mean they can ignore your rights because they are cops, but that's the only reason we have rights, to protect ourselves from the government, which the police is part of.

    By steal, again they can trample rights, they can confiscate items without a warrant that are on your person outside of your house. In the state of TX (I just learned this a few months ago) a cop can take your money from you when he pulls you over if he deems it to be an excess amount of cash and might be drug related. There doesn't have to be any drugs found and there's no specific number that states what's an excess amount. The law reads it is up to the discretion of the officer.

    Lie, when they tell you, you have to do things you do not have to do. If you are not breaking the actual law a cop cannot tell you to do anything. He's not your dad and you're not his little child, but that's how many cops treat people.
    Of course they lie to you. Can you imagine a murder interrogation where the cop says hey OJ it's probably in your best interest that you NOT confess and then if you go to court and pretend the glove doesn't fit...you will be just fine my man. Nice talking with ya. LOL

    Of course they treat ppl like they are a parent...what do you expect when the majority act like little fkn children. This video is an example of this. A fkn adult would have simply rolled the window down, handed over the license, said yes sir no sir and gotten the hell out of there. Instead you got guys like this guy and the guy whos dog got shot, doing everything they can to provoke bad behavior. Is it legal? Sure. Is it appropriate? NO!

    What would you say if the cop stood there and made remarks about the guys mother being a whore until he became enraged and struck the officer? Is it legal? Yes. Is it appropriate? Of course not.

  22. #22
    Lunk1's Avatar
    Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    METHAMERICA
    Posts
    16,392
    Quote Originally Posted by austinite View Post
    lol. But in a restaurant drive through I can partially roll my window down and they don't yell at me!
    Nope...they fuk up your order and make you pull off to the side and wait for your fries. Now THAT is criminal!

  23. #23
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    Nope...they fuk up your order and make you pull off to the side and wait for your fries. Now THAT is criminal!
    Agreed.
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  24. #24
    Metalject's Avatar
    Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    Of course they lie to you. Can you imagine a murder interrogation where the cop says hey OJ it's probably in your best interest that you NOT confess and then if you go to court and pretend the glove doesn't fit...you will be just fine my man. Nice talking with ya. LOL

    Of course they treat ppl like they are a parent...what do you expect when the majority act like little fkn children. This video is an example of this. A fkn adult would have simply rolled the window down, handed over the license, said yes sir no sir and gotten the hell out of there. Instead you got guys like this guy and the guy whos dog got shot, doing everything they can to provoke bad behavior. Is it legal? Sure. Is it appropriate? NO!

    What would you say if the cop stood there and made remarks about the guys mother being a whore until he became enraged and struck the officer? Is it legal? Yes. Is it appropriate? Of course not.
    In a murder investigation or any criminal investigation, as you know a cop is required to tell the individual he has the right to remain silent. The cop is required to say this because it IS in the individual's best interest to remain silent. The cop cannot force the individual to say anything and should not be allowed to intimidate the individual in a way that leads him to. It's not law enforcement's job to determine guilt or innocence, that's up to the court.

    Treating people like a parent...I don't care if you're acting like the biggest jackass the world has ever seen, if you're not breaking the law you have the right to do so. Does that make it right, does that justify your behavior? No, but that's a moral argument and has nothing to do with the law. Further, it's not up to the police to decide who's acting like a child. Again, they are not judges.

    On your last comment...I would say that cop should be fired and have all pay, titles, benefits and anything else a cop gets taken away from him.

    Police officers were never intended to be placed above the people. They were intended to be in a place to protect our rights. When rights are being violated they step in. That's it, that's their job.

  25. #25
    JAB1's Avatar
    JAB1 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    763
    I think alot of it comes down to training. Officers are asked to put their lives in danger daily, and approach every situation as a felony contact in effort to errr on the side of caution for officer safety, however they dont go to law school to be versed in every situation and case law. Anyone with an in depth knowlege of the law can set an officer up to look like an asshole on camera. We have a guy in my city that does it with gun/open carry scenarios. I am not sticking up for the officer here as he was in the wrong. I do however doubt he realized all of the infringements he was making. In my opinion it is the duty of the civilian to know there rights and exercise them if they so desire. Just as it is the duty of the officer to know those rights and not infringe. The uneducated will get f*%ked on either side. Reality is most cops and civillians are not educated properly, so the culture of officers to infringe on rights is prominent, and goes unnoticed 90% of the time because most innnocent people comply, and those that dont are found criminal in some way.

  26. #26
    Metalject's Avatar
    Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,066
    How about these examples Lunk? Is this right or wrong? Were these police officers justified?

    1. I was once pulled over on the 4th of July myself for speeding, 50 in a 40. OK, that's fine. But then the officer told me he was also going to give me a ticket for not wearing my seatbelt. I had my seatbelt on and even pointed that out. He said he knows I wasn't wearing it and put it on when he pulled me over. I denied this and I was telling the truth. The officer then said, "well, you look like the type of guy that would do that." and he gave me a seatbelt ticket.

    2. I was pulled over by a cop because he said I had my bright lights on and nearly caused him to have a wreck. I apologized...I did have my bright lights on. It was an accident. He then said only an idiot or someone who was drunk or doing something inappropriate would have their bright lights on in the middle of town. He then asked me to wait in the car. About 15min goes by and 4 more cop cars pull up. The officer then came back to the window and asked me to continue to wait. He never asked for ID and I asked if there was a problem. He got irritated and told me to just sit my ass in the car. I sat in my car for over an hour and he finally came back and said I'm free to go and never gave me an explanation for anything even when I asked.

    3. I had a deadline for work. I was up late working on my computer and my internet went out just before I was done. I jumped in my car and drove to a little store that I knew had free wifi. The store was closed so I just sat in my car in the parking lot and finished my work. A cop pulls up, asked me what I was doing, I told him and he said I couldn't do that since that business wasn't currently open. Was I breaking the law? I don't know, but that's not the point of the story. When the officer said I needed to leave I simply said "Ok, no problem." He then said "no problem what?" I said, "No problem I'll leave right now." He then got extremely mad and said "no problem what?" Then I knew what he wanted, he wanted me to say "No problem sir." I had not been rude, I was honest and very friendly the entire time but this just rubbed my ass the wrong way. He was establishing his dominance that he held in his mind. I then said I'll leave, no problem but that's all I have to say. He told me next time he found me there he'd arrest me and he walked away.

    I could give you many more like this...several in my short 34yrs. I once dated a cop and we talked about this sort of stuff. It took awhile but she admitted most police officers abuse their power and said she'd been guilty of it before. She said it's hard when you have to deal with a lot of really trashy people all the time and often you end up putting everyone in that category even if they're not trash. I understand, I'm sure that's a hard position to be in, but if you're going to be a police officer you need to be above that or don't be a police officer. And protecting rights, even the simplest rights of all is part of that.

  27. #27
    JAB1's Avatar
    JAB1 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    763
    A personal situation I was in as a teenager...I was skateboarding and when I returned to my car I had locked my keys inside. It was a grand am, and I had figured out the easiest way to get in was to unscrew my antanea and slide it between the door and door jam and hit the unlock button, thats what I did, got in and drove away. Someone saw it and reported they witnessed a vehicle theft. I was pulled over by multiple cruisers, at gunpoint, thown to the ground roughly, treated as a felon, my car was torn apart. Reality is I commited no crime, had the asked for ID and ran my plate they would have seen I was the registered owner of the vehicle. That being said I dont blame them for reacting the way they did based on the info they were given. Did they violate my rights, I am guessing they did. Do I blame them, hell no. If they had shot me I may have a different opinion

  28. #28
    Metalject's Avatar
    Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,066
    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1 View Post
    A personal situation I was in as a teenager...I was skateboarding and when I returned to my car I had locked my keys inside. It was a grand am, and I had figured out the easiest way to get in was to unscrew my antanea and slide it between the door and door jam and hit the unlock button, thats what I did, got in and drove away. Someone saw it and reported they witnessed a vehicle theft. I was pulled over by multiple cruisers, at gunpoint, thown to the ground roughly, treated as a felon, my car was torn apart. Reality is I commited no crime, had the asked for ID and ran my plate they would have seen I was the registered owner of the vehicle. That being said I dont blame them for reacting the way they did based on the info they were given. Did they violate my rights, I am guessing they did. Do I blame them, hell no. If they had shot me I may have a different opinion
    You don't blame them for reacting the way they did? They had no right whatsoever, not justification in any way to do what they did. Did they have a reasonable cause to pull you over? Sure, but they could have easily run the tags on the car and asked for you ID. You even said that much yourself. Cops are not supposed to assume your guilty based on what someone else told them. They should have taken that information and searched it out...again, by simply pulling you over, telling you why they pulled you over and asking for your ID based on that reason.

  29. #29
    JAB1's Avatar
    JAB1 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    763
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalject View Post
    You don't blame them for reacting the way they did? They had no right whatsoever, not justification in any way to do what they did. Did they have a reasonable cause to pull you over? Sure, but they could have easily run the tags on the car and asked for you ID. You even said that much yourself. Cops are not supposed to assume your guilty based on what someone else told them. They should have taken that information and searched it out...again, by simply pulling you over, telling you why they pulled you over and asking for your ID based on that reason.
    Yeah man I agree thats what they should have done. However it was a rough neighborhood is South florida, and I am guessing that most of the time this scenario is not a good one for them to be in. They likely believed they were dealing with a felony car theft, and wanted to do their job, and return to their families. They were wrong in every way. Its just that I respect what they do and understand they are human and had fear, etc running through them. I guess Its not that I dont blame them, I just I understand the reason why they worried about their safety first in assuming I was a threat. I dont work in the profession so I dont know what its like to have the reality that any encounter could be their last. now had they found I was the owner and continued to violate my rights or threaten me that would be different.

  30. #30
    Metalject's Avatar
    Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,066
    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1 View Post
    Yeah man I agree thats what they should have done. However it was a rough neighborhood is South florida, and I am guessing that most of the time this scenario is not a good one for them to be in. They likely believed they were dealing with a felony car theft, and wanted to do their job, and return to their families. They were wrong in every way. Its just that I respect what they do and understand they are human and had fear, etc running through them. I guess Its not that I dont blame them, I just I understand the reason why they worried about their safety first in assuming I was a threat. I dont work in the profession so I dont know what its like to have the reality that any encounter could be their last. now had they found I was the owner and continued to violate my rights or threaten me that would be different.
    In my opinion, there is no excuse for violating basic rights, especially when the sole purpose of your job is to uphold them.

  31. #31
    JAB1's Avatar
    JAB1 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    763
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalject View Post
    In my opinion, there is no excuse for violating basic rights, especially when the sole purpose of your job is to uphold them.
    Fair enough cant argue with that.

  32. #32
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Oath of Honor
    On my honor, I will never betray my badge, my integrity, my character, or the public trust. I will always have the courage to hold myself and others accountable for our actions. I will always uphold the Constitution, the community, and the agency I serve, so help me God.
    HONOR means giving one’s word as a bond and guarantee.

    BETRAY is defined as breaking faith and proving false.

    The BADGE is a visible symbol of the power of your office.

    INTEGRITY is firm adherence to principles, both in our private and public life.

    CHARACTER means the qualities and standards of behavior that distinguish an individual.

    The PUBLIC TRUST is a duty imposed in faith to those we are sworn to serve.

    COURAGE is having the “heart,” the mental, and the moral strength to venture, persevere, withstand, and overcome danger, difficulty, and fear.

    ACCOUNTABILITY means that we are answerable and responsible for our actions.

    COMMUNITY is the municipalities, neighborhoods, and citizens we serve.



    According to the above, that officer broke one too many rules....
    Metalject likes this.
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  33. #33
    Metalject's Avatar
    Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,066
    Quote Originally Posted by austinite View Post
    HONOR means giving one’s word as a bond and guarantee.

    BETRAY is defined as breaking faith and proving false.

    The BADGE is a visible symbol of the power of your office.

    INTEGRITY is firm adherence to principles, both in our private and public life.

    CHARACTER means the qualities and standards of behavior that distinguish an individual.

    The PUBLIC TRUST is a duty imposed in faith to those we are sworn to serve.

    COURAGE is having the “heart,” the mental, and the moral strength to venture, persevere, withstand, and overcome danger, difficulty, and fear.

    ACCOUNTABILITY means that we are answerable and responsible for our actions.

    COMMUNITY is the municipalities, neighborhoods, and citizens we serve.



    According to the above, that officer broke one too many rules....
    Great Post!!!

    When a police officer or any one in any government role doesn't meet this list he has left behind one of the most important definitions of his job, public service. If you are conducting yourself in a way that places you above those you serve (the public) you have no right to the job.

    When it comes to public service, you are volunteering to place yourself in a position that is bound by the above criteria austinite listed. If you do not hold to this, you are not serving, you are exercising power on your own behalf.

    A public service job should NEVER place you above the people you serve. That's not serving. That doesn't mean a police officer who abides by that list doesn't deserve respect; in fact, he deserves a TON of respect if he abides by it. That's what makes a good officer of the law, someone who holds to those principles with no ego, no thirst for power, no need to establish dominance over others and while treating others in the spirt of that old saying...like you'd want to be treated.

  34. #34
    spywizard's Avatar
    spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    In the Gym, if i could
    Posts
    15,888
    So?? was a civil suit brought against the city (assuming these were city police) ?? criminal charges brought??

    the civil suit is the only recourse plan and simple.

    example, damage to the car done to it by the dog...
    The answer to your every question

    Rules

    A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.


    If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

  35. #35
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    28,936
    Ok, I couldn't care less either way. The cop was a bit of a dick as was the kid. So, the next time there's a DWI checkpoint I guess everyone should just go through with their windows "cracked" and not speak, right? Then when one slips through and kills one of your family members a few miles down the road due to actually being drunk I guess you'll be just fine with that. Unless you've had a family member killed by a DWI you really don't fvcking understand.

    And in most states the police have the right to have the driver exit the vehicle for their personal safety. And they don't have to justify why. Jesus, everyone expects the police to be psychic these days. No profession is "perfect" and there are ass hats in all of them. Turn that microscope on your own profession and take a hard look.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  36. #36
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Ok, I couldn't care less either way. The cop was a bit of a dick as was the kid. So, the next time there's a DWI checkpoint I guess everyone should just go through with their windows "cracked" and not speak, right? Then when one slips through and kills one of your family members a few miles down the road due to actually being drunk I guess you'll be just fine with that. Unless you've had a family member killed by a DWI you really don't fvcking understand.

    And in most states the police have the right to have the driver exit the vehicle for their personal safety. And they don't have to justify why. Jesus, everyone expects the police to be psychic these days. No profession is "perfect" and there are ass hats in all of them. Turn that microscope on your own profession and take a hard look.
    lol. Calm down! veins are popping out of your calves!!!

    I agree with you, unless you've experienced a death by DWI it's better safe than sorry. I was passionate about this particular case because the officers did not check for any alcohol related issues in a DUI point.
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  37. #37
    Metalject's Avatar
    Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,066
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Ok, I couldn't care less either way. The cop was a bit of a dick as was the kid. So, the next time there's a DWI checkpoint I guess everyone should just go through with their windows "cracked" and not speak, right? Then when one slips through and kills one of your family members a few miles down the road due to actually being drunk I guess you'll be just fine with that. Unless you've had a family member killed by a DWI you really don't fvcking understand.


    And in most states the police have the right to have the driver exit the vehicle for their personal safety. And they don't have to justify why. Jesus, everyone expects the police to be psychic these days. No profession is "perfect" and there are ass hats in all of them. Turn that microscope on your own profession and take a hard look.
    No police officer in any state has the right to force you to exit the vehicle in any state without telling the individual the reason why. "Because I said so" is not a reason and ANY cop that does that should be fired on the spot. No state can create a law and give power to a police department that flies in the face of our constitutional rights.

    As far as a death by DWI, me personally I don't see a difference in death by DWI or any other accidental death or death by disease or whatever else you can think of. It's all the same end result...the same tragic loss. I've never had a friend or family member die due to DWI but cancer, car wrecks (no alcohol), war (Iraq), and even outright murder (uncles wife). It all sucks. Please don't misunderstand me, I'm not making light of a death by DWI at all. I'm simply alluding to death by any cause is no justification for infringing on liberty. And yes, we're talking about very simple liberties in relation to the video in the OP but even the simplest are important. If we cannot keep the simple ones we cannot keep the big ones.

    One of the biggest problems in the U.S. today is we allow our rights to be weakened more and more every day all in the name of safety and generally a very false sense of safety. And every time we ask for more safety, we give up more of our liberty. How or why many can't see this and can't see how dangerous it is to our wellbeing more so than just about anything else I can think of I cannot understand.

  38. #38
    crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Micanopy/Gainesville, Fl
    Posts
    5,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    I wonder what would have happened if he would have rolled down his window, handed the officer his info and shown some respect? I bet it would have caused some horrible circumstances to have occurred...like being sent on his way!
    Holly crap, now wouldn't it been easier to satisfy both and have this cop just explain one step at a time. Like answering him through the window cracked. The person had the right to get an answer... it all could have changed there. Being detained answer and tell him what's going on for step two. wouldn't that be easy...could of stopped there.....

    So because of the COP, the COP now, not just explaining the first Q, it's on. Like I've said before MOTIVE. Why did the cops act like that. Were they threatened NO. Their EGO was hurt. So now we say they can FVCK up his car with the dog, what's the motive, The cops EGO , I can't do anything here but FvCk up his car, because........

    Who started yelling and getting nasty ? Why, Motive.
    So you have a badge you can be like this, Cops that is. By the way I believe they have a good and warranted job to do and what I want them to do. I am not against Cops. BUT GET REAL we should not endorse this behavior by saying that we should just do as we are told. Just my thoughts and I don't think the Tren is working yet ?? .....BUT that PISSED ME OFF !!! ...crazy mike

  39. #39
    crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Micanopy/Gainesville, Fl
    Posts
    5,868
    Just so you know, I don't make cops jobs harder by resisting. I'm proud of who I am now days and I just do what they ask (when possible) and it goes easier for everyone. The easier I can make a cop's job go and keep it all rolling , the easier and faster it is for me. ...crazy mike

  40. #40
    spywizard's Avatar
    spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    In the Gym, if i could
    Posts
    15,888
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy mike View Post
    Holly crap, now wouldn't it been easier to satisfy both and have this cop just explain one step at a time. Like answering him through the window cracked. The person had the right to get an answer... it all could have changed there. Being detained answer and tell him what's going on for step two. wouldn't that be easy...could of stopped there.....

    So because of the COP, the COP now, not just explaining the first Q, it's on. Like I've said before MOTIVE. Why did the cops act like that. Were they threatened NO. Their EGO was hurt. So now we say they can FVCK up his car with the dog, what's the motive, The cops EGO , I can't do anything here but FvCk up his car, because........

    Who started yelling and getting nasty ? Why, Motive.
    So you have a badge you can be like this, Cops that is. By the way I believe they have a good and warranted job to do and what I want them to do. I am not against Cops. BUT GET REAL we should not endorse this behavior by saying that we should just do as we are told. Just my thoughts and I don't think the Tren is working yet ?? .....BUT that PISSED ME OFF !!! ...crazy mike
    now see crazy mike, that's the problem, there is a law "failure to follow the directions of a police officer" get you cuffed and stuffed real quick... was the officer wrong?? perhaps, the op.... it is funny that the man was detained, and questioned about drugs in his car without warrant or suspicion of drugs ie, him acting weird , or eyes dilated, but in the officers report he will swear that he was suspicious due to many different signs that are acceptable to the court..

    they put the dog on the hood of the car to do one thing, damage the paint..

    thus a civil lawsuit is the only recourse... the camera was funny..

    lucky for him one of the cops didn't drop a bottle of test e in the glove box..

    then he'd been in for a ride..
    The answer to your every question

    Rules

    A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.


    If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •