Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree1449Likes

Thread: MuscleScience's Iron Lab

AKD_FitChick is offline Female Member

MuscleScience's Iron Lab

Quote Originally Posted by KJ419 View Post
    I've been creeping it but haven't posted yet lol I'm not quite sure where to chime in since I still feel like such a newbie haha I feel like the dorky kid sister just waiting for the right opportunity to be like "heyyyyyyyyyy please be friends wif me"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ha ha!!! Come on over. Start chiming in on my posts, the guys are awesome. Get ready to bring it!!! They don't mess around. You can do it. Start reading on Marcus method of training. It's great stuff.

It worked for me cause I trained HIIt a lot, like Muscle Science, i TRULY believe in hiit.

I left the gym many years sweating crazy, now I leave the gym sweating crazy and building bulk, way more than before and that's ALL Marcus, his style of training!

The guys are killer! See Nach above! He was one of the first guys that helped me on my first cycle!
    Just keep showing up and giving it your all!

It can be fun!!! Let's powerhouse through!

I was just telling Cape I want another female on here that trains how I train. No, is not in my vocabulary (unless it could cause injury) lol! I can, is always my motto!

Let's get it girl!

Last edited by AKD_FitChick; 05-17-2017 at 03:42 AM.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Woke up This morning and my right knee was farely sore. All the Deep squats I did, irritated my knee I think. Going to have to not go below parallel on squats Still.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Woke up This morning and my right knee was farely sore. All the Deep squats I did, irritated my knee I think. Going to have to not go below parallel on squats Still.
    Not really needed at this point or any if not competing imho

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AKD_FitChick View Post
    Ha ha!!! Come on over. Start chiming in on my posts, the guys are awesome. Get ready to bring it!!! They don't mess around. You can do it. Start reading on Marcus method of training. It's great stuff.

It worked for me cause I trained HIIt a lot, like Muscle Science, i TRULY believe in hiit.

I left the gym many years sweating crazy, now I leave the gym sweating crazy and building bulk, way more than before and that's ALL Marcus, his style of training!

The guys are killer! See Nach above! He was one of the first guys that helped me on my first cycle!
    Just keep showing up and giving it your all!

It can be fun!!! Let's powerhouse through!

I was just telling Cape I want another female on here that trains how I train. No, is not in my vocabulary (unless it could cause injury) lol! I can, is always my motto!

Let's get it girl!

Just letting you know D - it's HIT w/one I - not HIIT(that's high intensity interval training) much different!

AKD_FitChick is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Just letting you know D - it's HIT w/one I - not HIIT(that's high intensity interval training) much different!
    I trained HIIT for many years. That's the style I was shown over a decade ago and that's what I have always done.....be it running, bootcamps, weights, sculpts.....

I wasn't meaning Marcus's HIT. I know they are different silly goose. INTENSITY is where it's at! I will always do HIIT though too.

It was 2:37 am lol!!!! LOL!
    KJ419 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Not really needed at this point or any if not competing imho
    Nope very true, I was doing thrusters. I got tired was using to much weight and was going deep to bottom out. Not going to be lazy and do that again.
    Last edited by MuscleScience; 05-17-2017 at 04:16 PM.
    NACH3 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Man, not sure what I ate but I woke up at 3:30 am and my
    Stomach hurts like crazy. Trying to get back to sleep, must of been those rich rice cakes I ate today lol.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

BG

OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

Tips For Young Lifters

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Stomach hurts like crazy. Trying to get back to sleep, must of been those rich rice cakes I ate today lol.
    no bueno!

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I was unable to get any sleep at all,

must have been that lb of turkey plus two lbs potatoes.
    MuscleScience likes this.

Blog Entries
    Been feeling myself slip into some old habits of laziness with diet and training. So I decided to watch a ton of training videos and such to refocus and remind myself why I'm doing all this. Not being able to squat very much yet is definitely a point of frustration. I would always do legs at the beginning of each week to pump myself up for the rest of my weeks workout. I still get butterflies in my stomach thinking about squaring heavy, I really love it.
    NACH3, RaginCajun, Obs and 1 others like this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Hope this helps.

https://youtu.be/5QI0wSZHVZc

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Ha, yep that did it! Lol
    RaginCajun and Capebuffalo like this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    Little bit lighter workout today. Body is sore all over so just went in and had a short but intense workout. Less volume but got a great pump. This weekend lined out to be a deload week after I pushed my knee a little to hard last week.
    Got legs tomorrow and hoping I can squat more than 185 without pain.
    Capebuffalo and NACH3 like this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    Guess I forgot to mention today was back and bicep day.
    NACH3 likes this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Been feeling myself slip into some old habits of laziness with diet and training. So I decided to watch a ton of training videos and such to refocus and remind myself why I'm doing all this. Not being able to squat very much yet is definitely a point of frustration. I would always do legs at the beginning of each week to pump myself up for the rest of my weeks workout. I still get butterflies in my stomach thinking about squaring heavy, I really love it.
    I too, have been battling some family problems that can be very easy for me to lose my focus... I spoke to someone today regarding this and just getting it out has helped! But I really must watch myself b/c I tend not to eat enough causing unnecessary complications and it pisses me off big time! Just gotta bare down and continue on pushing! Lifting is the easy part for me eating enough clean food is the hardest part! But I got this just figured I'd share
    MuscleScience and Obs like this.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Kel once told me go as deep as your body allows. I get lower back issues once I go below parallel, theres a fine line. Just find your depth and go with it. Your going to have to modify your workouts and the way you train. Dont go back to what you used to do, figure out the "new" way you have to train. I've been doing it for the past..........geez year now. When I come back in after this next weekend Im really doing things differently.
    NACH3 likes this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    I too, have been battling some family problems that can be very easy for me to lose my focus... I spoke to someone today regarding this and just getting it out has helped! But I really must watch myself b/c I tend not to eat enough causing unnecessary complications and it pisses me off big time! Just gotta bare down and continue on pushing! Lifting is the easy part for me eating enough clean food is the hardest part! But I got this just figured I'd share
    I have never understood how some people get stressed sad or depressed and eat and get fat. When shit gets too thick in my head I cannot eat or sleep. I went days without food or sleep at all in rough times. Good luck to you hope it gets better.
    NACH3 likes this.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    I have never understood how some people get stressed sad or depressed and eat and get fat. When shit gets too thick in my head I cannot eat or sleep. I went days without food or sleep at all in rough times. Good luck to you hope it gets better.
    Cortisol vs adrenaline, respectively.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Kel once told me go as deep as your body allows. I get lower back issues once I go below parallel, theres a fine line. Just find your depth and go with it. Your going to have to modify your workouts and the way you train. Dont go back to what you used to do, figure out the "new" way you have to train. I've been doing it for the past..........geez year now. When I come back in after this next weekend Im really doing things differently.
    Interesting, Hadn't every really considered Changing my training. It's been all about getting back to being able to train "normally," again.
    NACH3 and BG like this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Thx OBS I really appreciate your post buddy!
    Obs likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Just crushed back it's posted up in the dungeon... worked on pure thickness!

BG
    I used to think the same thing, I had a boss who was huge, I saw a pic of him younger days and he was in good shape. I asked him and he said stress, I thought to myself thats a lazy persons excuse to eat like shit. But now thats exactly what I do, I get stressed and I eat, mainly burgers and chicken rolls. Now I diet very well so its not that bad, but imagine someone out of shape already and they eat ice cream, soda and other truly bad things.
    Obs and MuscleScience like this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

BG
    Interesting, Hadn't every really considered Changing my training. It's been all about getting back to being able to train "normally," again.
    You have to evolve as we get older and have injuries, you just cant do the same thing.
    MuscleScience and RaginCajun like this.

Blog Entries
    I used to think the same thing, I had a boss who was huge, I saw a pic of him younger days and he was in good shape. I asked him and he said stress, I thought to myself thats a lazy persons excuse to eat like shit. But now thats exactly what I do, I get stressed and I eat, mainly burgers and chicken rolls. Now I diet very well so its not that bad, but imagine someone out of shape already and they eat ice cream, soda and other truly bad things.
    When I get stressed I like to eat sugary foods, it's bad and is hard to control. Good thing I hate going to the store, cause when I get a craving I'm to lazy to go buy shit food. I only have good food at home.
    Last edited by MuscleScience; 05-21-2017 at 06:27 PM.
    Obs and BG like this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    I know people do when they get depressed sometimes. I just never was that way so I dont understand the mindset.
    I get disgusted with myself and have to choke food down. Probably genetic. My sister is a manic depressant, severe case, and she was anorexic.
    They put her on meds that fixed the anorexia though.

BG
    When I get stressed I like to eat sugary foods, it's bad and is hard to control. Good thing I hate going to the store, cause when I get a craving I'm to lazy to go buy shit food. I only have good food at home.
    Hahahaha yes best thing dont have anything around. I was a suga luva

BG
    I know people do when they get depressed sometimes. I just never was that way so I dont understand the mindset.
    I get disgusted with myself and have to choke food down. Probably genetic. My sister is a manic depressant, severe case, and she was anorexic.
    They put her on meds that fixed the anorexia though.
    It makes me happy, ya things are shitty but that burger hit the fuking spot!

Blog Entries
    Hahahaha yes best thing dont have anything around. I was a suga luva
    The zero cal Jello idea has been a huge help for my night eating. I eat a cup of that and it kills my hunger instantly almost.
    Last edited by MuscleScience; 05-22-2017 at 06:29 AM. Reason: I meant Jello, Jello Jello Jello
    hollowedzeus, BG and RaginCajun like this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    Awesome man. Logs are great I'll be following along. I didn't use to like working legs but now I really look forward to leg days
    I hope to be where you are soon! My legs are my weak point and no matter what I do or the workload I put on them, they just don't grow. My quads will get a little size and get very defined, but my calves will not grow. The quads do a little, but we're talking maybe an inch per year or 2 even. They'll get very lean and striations show through well, but it gets very discouraging when I'll hammer them even 2x weekly and get lack luster results.

PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'll be following along as well. Maybe I'll get some pointers on how to train while trying to fight through some injuries myself. It's tough getting old, so some of you young guys take note! Train smart while you're still in great shape and health. If you do this, you could very well have good health and be in great shape in your later years.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PT1982 View Post
    I hope to be where you are soon! My legs are my weak point and no matter what I do or the workload I put on them, they just don't grow. My quads will get a little size and get very defined, but my calves will not grow. The quads do a little, but we're talking maybe an inch per year or 2 even. They'll get very lean and striations show through well, but it gets very discouraging when I'll hammer them even 2x weekly and get lack luster results.
    Mine are the same way, I found that I have to hit them with a ton of volume. Just when I got the formula figured out I tore this knee all up lol.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    That is the only way I maintain. I can go out to eat and be fine. I can go to a function and be fine. But if I have cakes, cookies and such at home. I will binge eat them till they are gone. I tell myself "oh well I already screwed up. I might as well finish them off so I don't have to look at them and be tempted again" So I just don't buy it unless I plan on eating all of it. Problem solved...most of the time...ehehehhh...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    That is the only way I maintain. I can go out to eat and be fine. I can go to a function and be fine. But if I have cakes, cookies and such at home. I will binge eat them till they are gone. I tell myself "oh well I already screwed up. I might as well finish them off so I don't have to look at them and be tempted again" So I just don't buy it unless I plan on eating all of it. Problem solved...most of the time...ehehehhh...
    I love those little fruit snacks that you put in your kids lunch boxes. I'll eat them fuckers until I'm sick. I tell myself I will have one as a treat, next thing I know there are fruit snack wrappers everywhere and the box is empty.
    RaginCajun and NACH3 like this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    Decided to make a switch and workout this morning. For a number of years I worked out in the mornings, but stopped once I got busy with work. Always rough getting started but once going I fell good.

Workout:
    Bench: 185x 10 for 3 sets, strict form, slow negatives no lockouts
    Incline: 135x10 for 3 sets " "
    Overhead press 135x 10 for 3 sets. Same rep scheme

Flat bench DB flies 4x10 with 25 lbs. watch several Arnold vids and in each one he says this was his key exercise. Focused on the stretch and really getting the arms and pecs stretched. Went straight into DB triceps skull crushers, again focusing on the negative stretch. Pick this up from a Seth Feroce Vid. Was also quite the ab workout.

Tri press down 3x10 or to failure for 3 sets
    Shoulder flies 15lbs x 15-30 reps for 3 sets into front raises
    Into bicep curls for 3 to failure 25lbs DB. Another tip picked up from Seth to get an insane pump, and it worked.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Decided to make a switch and workout this morning. For a number of years I worked out in the mornings, but stopped once I got busy with work. Always rough getting started but once going I fell good.

Workout:
    Bench: 185x 10 for 3 sets, strict form, slow negatives no lockouts
    Incline: 135x10 for 3 sets " "
    Overhead press 135x 10 for 3 sets. Same rep scheme

Flat bench DB flies 4x10 with 25 lbs. watch several Arnold vids and in each one he says this was his key exercise. Focused on the stretch and really getting the arms and pecs stretched. Went straight into DB triceps skull crushers, again focusing on the negative stretch. Pick this up from a Seth Feroce Vid. Was also quite the ab workout.

Tri press down 3x10 or to failure for 3 sets
    Shoulder flies 15lbs x 15-30 reps for 3 sets into front raises
    Into bicep curls for 3 to failure 25lbs DB. Another tip picked up from Seth to get an insane pump, and it worked.
    We need to change your w/o and rep schemes and up yiur intensity I gaurantee you'll lose even more bf and get bigger/leaner with the goal always being LBM - check out pg 41 in the dungeon and get a different split maybe?! I say this b/c you must be shortchanging a muscle group or BP lifting chest shoulders tris - none is getting optimal pumps nor tearing down the tissue like you rally can if focused on 2BPs major/& a minor etc if you only have 3 days... I'm not knocking anything so don't take it personally I just believe you can be making a shit ton more progress imho!

Are you on a pullback atm? If so it makes more sense... but you have a big frame now idk if your gonna compete again but if bulk up more than cut if so during prep?! Just a few things on my mind

Blog Entries
    We need to change your w/o and rep schemes and up yiur intensity I gaurantee you'll lose even more bf and get bigger/leaner with the goal always being LBM - check out pg 41 in the dungeon and get a different split maybe?! I say this b/c you must be shortchanging a muscle group or BP lifting chest shoulders tris - none is getting optimal pumps nor tearing down the tissue like you rally can if focused on 2BPs major/& a minor etc if you only have 3 days... I'm not knocking anything so don't take it personally I just believe you can be making a shit ton more progress imho!

Are you on a pullback atm? If so it makes more sense... but you have a big frame now idk if your gonna compete again but if bulk up more than cut if so during prep?! Just a few things on my mind
    Yeah, I'm pulling back a little these last few weeks plus I have to travel on Friday. My normal weight lifting days is froday through Sunday, orange theory is typically Monday through Thursday. To be quite honest while I love weight training. My overall goal until September is to get my knee and legs healthy and build a good cardiovascular base. I'm not really focused on cutting or bulking. Basically just a body recomp. Once September hits then it will be a bulk until probably March. Competing or not again is in the back of my mind, however if I can't keep the knee healthy then it doesn't matter. I can't really build and schred for that matter unless I can squat and do dead lifts.
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I'm pulling back a little these last few weeks plus I have to travel on Friday. My normal weight lifting days is froday through Sunday, orange theory is typically Monday through Thursday. To be quite honest while I love weight training. My overall goal until September is to get my knee and legs healthy and build a good cardiovascular base. I'm not really focused on cutting or bulking. Basically just a body recomp. Once September hits then it will be a bulk until probably March. Competing or not again is in the back of my mind, however if I can't keep the knee healthy then it doesn't matter. I can't really build and schred for that matter unless I can squat and do dead lifts.
    Definitely makes sense... get that knee back to where you can hopefully push it pretty hard again! I had a feeling it was a pullback by the other ways I've seen you train - keep it up killer!

jstone is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Doing everything I can to get healthy and stay that way. I've wasted so much time in my training from being hurt. I want to rebuild my base and be bullet proof this go round.
    This is the same boat I'm in. Im gkad to see you back at it and doing well. Before my hiatus here I was doing everything wrong depending on compounds, being lazy. Now im cutting on my trt, and in 10-12 weeks will do a small blast. Our goals are somewhat similar, I just want to get to the point where I'm as bullet proof as possible. Im sqauting again as well to full depth, but I'm using 135 pound or less for higher reps. I have been doing more front squats, because im still apprehensive about putting weigbt on my back. Im going to read the rest of the log, and keep up with this one for sure.

Have you tried hyaluronic acid. It has helped my joints tremendously. Check it out, its supposed to be very important to synovial fluid production. Your much smarter than me, and maybe you will be able to give me some info on it. I know since I started taking it, all my joints feel much better.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jstone View Post
    This is the same boat I'm in. Im gkad to see you back at it and doing well. Before my hiatus here I was doing everything wrong depending on compounds, being lazy. Now im cutting on my trt, and in 10-12 weeks will do a small blast. Our goals are somewhat similar, I just want to get to the point where I'm as bullet proof as possible. Im sqauting again as well to full depth, but I'm using 135 pound or less for higher reps. I have been doing more front squats, because im still apprehensive about putting weigbt on my back. Im going to read the rest of the log, and keep up with this one for sure.

Have you tried hyaluronic acid. It has helped my joints tremendously. Check it out, its supposed to be very important to synovial fluid production. Your much smarter than me, and maybe you will be able to give me some info on it. I know since I started taking it, all my joints feel much better.
    I'm not smarter than anyone on this board, well that's not true. There are a few cunts that I'm more smarter than. Lol

I have heard about hyuranic acid as a supplement before but not really looked deeply at it. I think there is even some medical modalities that inject it into joints and such. Being in the none-narcotic based pain management field we get a lot of trade reps in. All of them and their therapies start to blend together in my mind. I'll definitely check it out, Anything to keep my knee from hurting. That's for sure.
    RaginCajun and AKD_FitChick like this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    Speaking of my knee, it has really been bugging me so I haven't done legs or orange theory in a week. I had one of the acupuncturist work on it a little bit when I had a break from my desk jockey work. Seemed to have helped me rest, feeling good today but I may wait until next week to run or load it up.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread Information