Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
Like Tree1028Likes

Thread: Guns and Ammo Thread

Madcox is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flexin-rph View Post
    Attachment 178758Attachment 178759

Always ready for zombie apocolypse....
    Like the saying goes, "If you know how many guns you have then you don't have enough!"
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Browning and FN America have donated $50,000 to the National Safe Shooting Foundation's #GUNVOTE Campaign.

#GUNVOTE, don't risk your rights.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kentucky.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	179956

I finished that Kentucky Rifle Kit from Traditions. I think it came out alright for my first one.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    I finished that Kentucky Rifle Kit from Traditions. I think it came out alright for my first one.
    That's a very nice looking ghost gun. Probably better-made than most authentic period percussion rifles (there's no question but that it's made from better steel). Yorta be proud to say you made it, I sure would be.

No 4473, no NICS, no serial number, it runs on fuel you can make at home if the world as we know it comes to an end, and it's deadly to hundreds of yards. Me likkey. In fact it should go in my Ease of making D-I-Y guns negates all Gun Control arguments thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetlegeuse View Post
    That's a very nice looking ghost gun. Probably better-made than most authentic period percussion rifles (there's no question but that it's made from better steel). Yorta be proud to say you made it, I sure would be.

No 4473, no NICS, no serial number, it runs on fuel you can make at home if the world as we know it comes to an end, and it's deadly to hundreds of yards. Me likkey. In fact it should go in my Ease of making D-I-Y guns negates all Gun Control arguments thread.
    Thanks. Yeah, it's the government's fault that this ghost gun exists though. If they didn't put the entire country on house arrest for the last 7 months, I wouldn't be bored looking for projects to do.

But yeah, I learned a lot while making it (most of those lessons came the hard way) and I know I can make a better one now. I do want to get a Ghost Gunner and make modern guns at home. But it is $2200 for the new model (when it's released).

I found an interesting site that can get us through the "primer scare" https://sharpshooter-22lr-reloader.m...iming-compound You can pretty much use that stuff to "reload" spent primers.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post

Name:	kentucky.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	179956

Looks awesome, nice work!!
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    Looks awesome, nice work!!
    Thanks. It was a fun project. Next time I'm going to try to brown it instead of a cold blueing.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Love the idea of this threadClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20170307_180119.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	179964Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0011.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	302.4 KB 
ID:	179965
    Just a couple of my collection, I live on the road 9 months out of the year so these are the ones i take with me.
    Pistols are S&W SDVE .40 cal and Taurus TCP .380 both my conceal carry weps depending on what i'm wearing and where i'm going.
    Top one is a Taurus Judge .45 colt/ .410 ga shotgun combo. Loaded with mix of #6shot 410's and colt 45 slugs
    Bottom is just the standard Bushmaster AR-15. I have a 100 round drum mag at home for it along with optics, just haven't been home to get them lately
    SampsonandDelilah and Cuz like this.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post
    Love the idea of this threadClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20170307_180119.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	179964Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0011.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	302.4 KB 
ID:	179965
    Just a couple of my collection, I live on the road 9 months out of the year so these are the ones i take with me.
    Pistols are S&W SDVE .40 cal and Taurus TCP .380 both my conceal carry weps depending on what i'm wearing and where i'm going.
    Top one is a Taurus Judge .45 colt/ .410 ga shotgun combo. Loaded with mix of #6shot 410's and colt 45 slugs
    Bottom is just the standard Bushmaster AR-15. I have a 100 round drum mag at home for it along with optics, just haven't been home to get them lately
    Taurus has stepped it up a lot in recent years.

Usually, my top conceal carry pick is an m&p shield. It's got no safety on it, but it's double action, so it's going to take a deliberate trigger pull to make it go off. And it's easy to conceal its profile while doing an appendix carry.

Another sketchy "world record" shot (but this time with a pistol)

Retired ICE Special Agent Victor Avila went really long recently, setting a new distance record for pistol shooting. Avila hit a steel target out at 2,010 yards....

This happened about two weeks ago but I'm just hearing of it. Not a lot of details available but he was shooting an obviously highly customized O-frame Colt in 10mm with a telescopic sight and a brace. The target was 36"x36" steel so at least that much is "kosher." But he wasn't shy about mounting the brace to his shoulder, which calls to question the basis of the claim that this was a "pistol" shot (when SBR is closer to the truth). And although they make a big to-do about not using a bench rest, he does appear to be leaning against the door of an SUV for stability. Some of the reports state that it was a 90-minute shooting session but there's no mention of how many boxes of ammunition he went through before he rang the target.

Plus the whole set-up was sponsored by the manufacturer of the brace, which is a collapsible unit meant to be worn on a policeman's Sam Browne belt.

That must be a 600 MOA scope rail. At least. And yes, he has his cups on backwards.

Actually, it reminds me of the (800MOA) micrometer-adjustable scope rails the guys ginned up in The Quest for the Two-Mile Prairie Dog.

No, that isn't distortion from parallax, that really was an 800-MOA scope rail.

These are screen captures from the target camera video:

The one on the left shows the bullet in flight pre-impact. There's no way to tell from this image for certain (the camera appears to be below the center of the target, and 'fish-eyeing' at the edges of the target shows it was quite a wide-angle lens) but judging from the perspective of the bullet I think it's safe to say the fall line was well beyond 45°, maybe 60° or more. More like a mortar round than a bullet.

The image on the right is the very next frame. The mark on the left is the point of impact. The dot on the right is the ricocheting bullet (which looks to have "bit" on the target and is bouncing slighty upwards).

A highly edited video of the shot is here.

I'm inclined to call bullshit on this one. It's a commendable feat, and spotting in particular had to be a pain in the ass because subsonics leave no trace. But (in my humble but unerringly accurate opinion) there's too much mincing of words as relates to to shooting terminology and "rules" about what constitutes a "world record" for this one to have any credibility. What's to stop me going out into the Bonneville Salt Flats and shooting a Thompson Contender pistol chambered in .220 Swift straight up and claiming my target was the third rock from the sun? And I can prove mathematically (backed up by time of flight) that the bullet traveled more than a mile before impact, and if I can manage to find the bullet that's pretty indisputable proof that I hit my target (even if it wasn't witnessed). With rules as loose as these, how does that not make me the new record-holder?
    Cylon357 likes this.

Another sketchy "world record" shot (but this time with a pistol)

Retired ICE Special Agent Victor Avila went really long recently, setting a new distance record for pistol shooting. Avila hit a steel target out at 2,010 yards....

This happened about two weeks ago but I'm just hearing of it. Not a lot of details available but he was shooting an obviously highly customized O-frame Colt in 10mm with a telescopic sight and a brace. The target was 36"x36" steel so at least that much is "kosher." But he wasn't shy about mounting the brace to his shoulder, which calls to question the basis of the claim that this was a "pistol" shot (when SBR is closer to the truth). And although they make a big to-do about not using a bench rest, he does appear to be leaning against the door of an SUV for stability. Some of the reports state that it was a 90-minute shooting session but there's no mention of how many boxes of ammunition he went through before he rang the target.

Plus the whole set-up was sponsored by the manufacturer of the brace, which is a collapsible unit meant to be worn on a policeman's Sam Browne belt.

That must be a 600 MOA scope rail. At least. And yes, he has his cups on backwards.

Actually, it reminds me of the (800MOA) micrometer-adjustable scope rails the guys ginned up in The Quest for the Two-Mile Prairie Dog.

No, that isn't distortion from parallax, that really was an 800-MOA scope rail.

These are screen captures from the target camera video:

The one on the left shows the bullet in flight pre-impact. There's no way to tell from this image for certain (the camera appears to be below the center of the target, and 'fish-eyeing' at the edges of the target shows it was quite a wide-angle lens) but judging from the perspective of the bullet I think it's safe to say the fall line was well beyond 45°, maybe 60° or more. More like a mortar round than a bullet.

The image on the right is the very next frame. The mark on the left is the point of impact. The dot on the right is the ricocheting bullet (which looks to have "bit" on the target and is bouncing slighty upwards).

A highly edited video of the shot is here.

I'm inclined to call bullshit on this one. It's a commendable feat, and spotting in particular had to be a pain in the ass because subsonics leave no trace. But (in my humble but unerringly accurate opinion) there's too much mincing of words as relates to to shooting terminology and "rules" about what constitutes a "world record" for this one to have any credibility. What's to stop me going out into the Bonneville Salt Flats and shooting a Thompson Contender pistol chambered in .220 Swift straight up and claiming my target was the third rock from the sun? And I can prove mathematically (backed up by time of flight) that the bullet traveled more than a mile before impact, and if I can manage to find the bullet that's pretty indisputable proof that I hit my target (even if it wasn't witnessed). With rules as loose as these, how does that not make me the new record-holder?
    Even if it wasn't bullshit (which you're probably right it is), he still cheated so much with the scope, the brace and leaning that you can't honestly say that's a pistol shot.

I got no problem with the optic because even with the optic it's still a handgun. It's not like optics on a handgun are unheard of (I even have a couple). Jerry Miculek used a Vortex Razor when he made his 1000-yard shot on a 9" balloon. And that red dot was 3 MoA, which covered a spot ~32"-wide at the target's range, so it was a handicap as much as a help.

Miculek hits it on the second shot but it's the bullet splattering against the steel that broke the balloon, not a direct hit. But he couldn't see the balloon when he pulled the trigger. He probably could see the edges of the steel (36"?) target, so I imagine he just centered the red dot against the steel. Plus he's shooting standing upright and off-hand.And if he hit the steel in two shots, and considering he is Jerry Miculek, I rather image he could have walked the point of impact to the target and hit the balloon directly, probably in no more than 2 or 3 more shots.

A court filing from week-before-last proposes to break up Remington's assets among several players.

If approved, Ruger would get Marlin, Vista Outdoor gets Remington ammo, JJE Holdings gets DPMS, AAC, Stormlake, Parker and H&R, Franklin Armory gets Bushmaster, Sierra bullets gets Barnes. and Sportsman's Warehouse gets Tapco.

Which looks pretty good to me because none of these jumps out to me as someone who has bought the company just so they could manage it to death.

What does jump out at me is that Remington managed to acquire Bushy & DPMS (ARs), Marlin, H&R and Parker (sporting arms), Stormlake (pistol barrels), AAC (suppressors), Barnes bullets and Tapco optics -- plus Remington firearms and Remington-branded ammunition -- and even with such a diverse portfolio, and despite there've been ~235 MILLION firearms sold in the US in the most recent 10 years, ... they couldn't turn a profit.

I've been waiting all my life (and I'm 143 years-old) for pushback on RKBA. And now here it comes!

Barrett could be Ginsburg's polar opposite on Supreme Court

... Barrett's conservative judicial record, her writings and speeches suggest that she too would be Ginsburg's polar opposite on a range of issues that include abortion and guns.

Barrett has cast votes suggesting she would uphold state abortion restrictions that Ginsburg found violated the Constitution. Barrett also favors a more expansive interpretation of gun rights.

Ginsburg believed deeply that the Constitution protects a woman's right to an abortion. She was a firm opponent of a broad reading of the constitutional right to “keep and bear arms.”

The differences don't stop there. Barrett has been critical of Chief Justice John Roberts' opinion upholding the Affordable Care Act, which is again facing a constitutional challenge at the Supreme Court. Ginsburg was one of five votes that saved the law on two prior occasions.

If Barrett is confirmed before the Nov. 3 election, she would get a chance to weigh in on the latest lawsuit to overturn Obamacare, which is set for arguments a week later.

The contrast between Ginsburg and Barrett most resembles the differences between Justice Thurgood Marshall and the man who replaced him in 1991, Justice Clarence Thomas....

Marshall was an NAACP attorney who was rubber stamped onto the court because of his race. Clarence Thomas is a rock-ribbed conservative who was lied about repeatedly in in his confirmation hearings because he failed to conform to the demoncrat's stereotype of a black jurist.

I think ACB will be the keystone to the success of Trump45's second term.

According to this guy, the bankruptcy court approved the Remington settlement pretty much as I noted above.

Still more evidence that GUNS DO NOT CAUSE CRIME

...According to the FBI’s 2019 Uniform Crime Report, both the numbers of violent crime and the rate dropped in 2019 compared to 2018. The total number of violent crimes was 3.8 percent below the 2010 level and, the violent crime rate per 100,000 inhabitants fell 9.3 percent from the 2010 estimate.

NSSF Adjusted NICS data and Crime TotalAt the same time, NSSF-adjusted data from the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) suggests that firearms transactions overall rose by nearly 40 percent in the last ten years.

This continued drop in violent crime, while the number of MSRs in the U.S. has soared to more than 18 million in circulation today, is a clear indication that Biden’s proposed ban has nothing to do with reducing crime. It is simply a way to ensure Americans are not allowed to choose whether and how to exercise their Constitutional right to bear arms.

The data shows that the number of homicides with any type of rifle was once again low, representing only three percent of homicides in 2019. This is the same proportion as was estimated in 2010 and is far below the 11 percent of homicides committed with knives or even the four percent committed with hands and feet.

With the high levels of civil unrest in 2020, there is a broad expectation that next year’s report will show higher crime data when it is released. However, it is crucial to note that the expected increase is not tied to the long-term trends of more gun owners and — less crime. It’s critical that those who value their gun rights take note now because if gun owners fail to get out and vote, and are faced with a President Biden, this fact will be distorted to suit his gun control goals....

War stories, gun talk, and conservative politics

Last month Navy SEAL turned-Vlogger Mike Drop interviewed Kevin Owens. You know that Jim Croce song, "when the bad folks all get together at night, they all call Big Jim boss," ... well, ... meet Big Jim. Owens is Irish-born, did seven years in the Irish Army, five of it in their tier-1 anti-terorrist Ranger unit. Then he went to Africa to do "private security." Pockets full of African gold, he came to America and did manual labor for a spell, during which time he realized the truth of what Hemingway said, "There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." So he joined the American army. He did six years in the infantry, then at the age of 35 he went to the SF-Q course and earned his Green Beret. And proceeded to serve a further 18 years in Special Forces, including seven (7) deployments to Afghanistan and Iraq. Which, if anybody's counting, makes 31 years he served in somebody's army.

Asses don't get no badder than his. And he's also a very entertaining guy. I've never heard anybody say "I've killed a lot of people with 5.56" as casually.

If the link to the YouTube video isn't working, it's here.
    almostgone likes this.

I tested out that musket today. It was a lot of fun. Shoots a little high, but I had didn't have to adjust the iron sights at all and I just eyeballed it when I was putting them on the barrel.
    almostgone likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Im pissed. AR rifles our priced out of sight. You cant buy any ammo online from the major retailers. And this is all under President Trump. I cant figure this shit out I mean get gun sales are up and people are hoarding ammo bc they think a civil war is gonna happen and all but fuck what gives??

This is straight up bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Im pissed. AR rifles our priced out of sight. You cant buy any ammo online from the major retailers. And this is all under President Trump. I cant figure this shit out I mean get gun sales are up and people are hoarding ammo bc they think a civil war is gonna happen and all but fuck what gives??

All the shit before -- like the ammo shortage after Sheikh Obama (piss be upon him) was elected -- were gun guys stockpiling up because they could foresee a gun-grab coming.

A large part of this one is first-time gun buyers who are behind in their hoarding because this makes for their first gun. And they're scared shitless over the violence in the streets the demoncrats are fomenting.

I don't think this is really people hoarding ammo and buying everything up. It's probably the government buying everything. They did it before during Bathhouse's reign with the .22LR. And now that hunting season is coming, the ammo makers are scrambling to catch up with that.

I'm at the point now, where I'm accepting that I'm not going to get more primers. So now I'm trying to get my hands on the materials to make non-corrosive priming compounds. I ordered some stuff called Prime-All which they say you can reload spent primers. The guy who runs 22lrreloader.com told me that he's several weeks behind in his orders, so I'm going to have to be patient.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    It seems no matter what administration we have....our rights are withering away. Its killed my morale for sure . At least i have what i have

The writing has been on the wall for a long time. He who hesitates...masturbates.

Once the shelves restock, learn from the lessons of the past. It’s always cyclical

Name:	DE994366-6AC9-4AFF-B553-CB675E85395D.jpeg 
Views:	79 
Size:	581.6 KB 
ID:	180004
    Cylon357, Honkey_Kong and Cuz like this.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    The writing has been on the wall for a long time. He who hesitates...masturbates.

Once the shelves restock, learn from the lessons of the past. It’s always cyclical

Name:	DE994366-6AC9-4AFF-B553-CB675E85395D.jpeg 
Views:	79 
Size:	581.6 KB 
ID:	180004
    Fuck yeah man tell me about that setup looks like an ar-10 possibly 308 with 20” barrel and 15” hand guard nice man what kind of optic you runnin thats long range shit
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

Fuck yeah man tell me about that setup looks like an ar-10 possibly 308 with 20” barrel and 15” hand guard nice man what kind of optic you runnin thats long range shit

You called it. That’s Matilda. She’s and Aero Precision M5E1 chambered in .308 (20” barrel). Has a Geissele 2 Stage (G2S) Trigger and is mounted with a Vortex Viper HST 6-24×50.

I’ve had it out to 700 yards with some decent grouping but she’s capable of more with the right hands and eyes
    Cuz likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    You called it. That’s Matilda. She’s and Aero Precision M5E1 chambered in .308 (20” barrel). Has a Geissele 2 Stage (G2S) Trigger and is mounted with a Vortex Viper HST 6-24×50.

I’ve had it out to 700 yards with some decent grouping but she’s capable of more with the right hands and eyes
    Fuck yea!! I thought it looked like a vortex i like there glass I plannin on putting a strike eagle on my lil rig. Really like the shades on that scope it looks badass and wont break the bank either of course id love to have a 5-25 56 schmidt n bender

... A large part of this one is first-time gun buyers who are behind in their hoarding because this makes for their first gun. And they're scared shitless over the violence in the streets the demoncrats are fomenting.
    ... as I was saying ...

Poll: Majority of Americans Fear Post-Election Civil War

A poll of a selection of U.S. voters found 56 percent of respondents said they expect to see “an increase in violence as a result of the election” amongst other reservations about the election results just weeks before Election Day.

When asked about just what sort of violence they expected to see, those polled responded with “riots,” “looting,” “burning” as some of their predictions. “Trashing of cities” was another response....

... as I was saying ...

A poll of a selection of U.S. voters found 56 percent of respondents said they expect to see “an increase in violence as a result of the election” amongst other reservations about the election results just weeks before Election Day.

When asked about just what sort of violence they expected to see, those polled responded with “riots,” “looting,” “burning” as some of their predictions. “Trashing of cities” was another response....
    I saw that on Drudge earlier.

Regardless of who wins, I'll expect to see "unrest." And we're due for another civil conflict.

“What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure,”

- Thomas Jefferson Nov. 13, 1787

... as I was saying ...

Can’t really recall the “radical right” burning and looting. Have to say most of the “unrest” I’ve seen (or at least that has been reported) has come at the hands of the radical left.

(Not choosing sides of making this a partisan issue, just merely one guy sharing what he’s “seen”).

Regardless...I’m prepared in the event it all goes to shit. Would encourage any and all to do the same. It’s all fun and games till it hits the burbs
    Cuz likes this.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!

Still needs a little tweaking. Awaiting some mags so I can test it out.

Print your own guns, share the signal!
    almostgone likes this.

That is wild!! Have always heard and read about 3D printed guns but have never seen one. Looks like a G19.

What’s the material made out of? Trigger mechanism and barrel aftermarket? Is the frame metal? What type of printer and what do those run?

Sorry for the all the questions just have never seen one!
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post

That looks fvuking badass. I want a 3d printer!!!

Can’t really recall the “radical right” burning and looting....
    That's because you're a racist bigot homophobe cis-gendered fascist and you've been blinded by the glare from your white privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post

Thoroughly BAD-AZZ.

Who made the slide?

FBI: More People Killed with Hands, Fists, than Rifles in 2019

The FBI’s Uniform Crime Report (UCR) for 2019 shows nearly twice as many people were killed with “personal weapons” like hands and fists than were killed with rifles of any kind.

The UCR shows 364 were killed with rifles in 2019, while another 600 were beaten to death with hands, fists, feet, etc.

Moreover, the UCR shows more people were killed with hammers and clubs than were killed with rifles of any kind.

On October 8, 2020, Breitbart News reported UCR figures showed over four times as many people were stabbed to death in 2019 than were killed with rifles of any kind.

It is crucial to understand the category of “rifles” includes bolt action rifles and lever action rifles, as well as rifles with breech action, pump action, and semiautomatics designed specifically for big game hunting.

Then there are the AR-15 platform rifles, which are now common in hunting as well as sport shooting, and there are rifles on AK-47 platforms, as well as the always popular Ruger Mini-14 and numerous other semiautomatics which the left wants to ban.

But even when all those various rifle types are combined under the simply heading of “rifles,” the UCR shows nearly twice as many people were beaten to death than were killed with rifles and over four times as many people were stabbed to death in 2019 than were killed with rifles of any kind.

__________________________________________________ __________________________

ATF Reversal Could Turn Millions of Gun Owners into Felons

NRA calls on Trump to rein in 'rogue' regulators

In a letter made public on Tuesday, the agency informed a New Hampshire gun company that its AR-15 pistol model equipped with a specialized brace is actually an illegal short-barreled rifle and anyone who owns one could be subject to up to 10 years in prison or $100,000 in fines. Industry insiders put the number of AR-15 pistols equipped with similar specialized braces at about 3 million.

The decision appears to conflict with several similar determinations made by the ATF dating back to 2012, when the agency told Sig Sauer that the braces, designed to strap to a shooter's forearm instead of being pressed against their shoulder, could be legally combined with guns that have barrels shorter than the 16-inch federal limit for rifles. The new letter calls into question the basic legality of the devices and leaves gun owners in flux just three weeks before the presidential election.

Carolyn Gwathmey, the public affairs officer for the ATF, said the letter only directly applies to the New Hampshire gun company's pistol, but neither she nor the letter offered an explanation for why that model differs from other weapons equipped with the braces. She said the agency would not offer a standard of review of the devices as a whole, but only on a case-by-case basis...

... Gun-rights groups are pressuring the administration to rein in the ATF.

The National Rifle Association attacked the agency's move as "arbitrary, inequitable, and incorrect." The group said it was also in contact with DOJ and Trump administration officials and trying to work through how the change could be made. Amy Hunter, a spokeswoman for the NRA, told the Free Beacon the group is "exhausting all options to overturn this unjust and rogue action by ATF."..

... Mark Oliva of the National Shooting Sports Foundation, the firearms industry's trade group, told the Free Beacon he was concerned the decision wasn't "fairly and objectively applied." He said the group, which often works with the ATF on regulatory issues, has been talking to the agency—as well as the White House—about the potential reversal.

"This is inconsistent with the standards that they've put forth before," Oliva said. "So, we're trying to understand why this inconsistency is there and come to a resolution on it."

The Firearms Policy Coalition went further and threatened to sue over the ATF's letter, saying it "embodies the very essence of ‘arbitrary and capricious.'"
    Cuz and SampsonandDelilah like this.

ATF’s Decision On Honey Badger Pistol Illustrates Huge Problem

Posted at 6:00 pm on October 8, 2020 by Tom Knighton

The ATF is the final arbiter on what is and what isn’t allowed when it comes to guns. That’s why the state of California is suing the agency in an effort to put an end to so-called “ghost guns.”

This is also how bump stocks were perfectly cool to own one day, then suddenly they were classified as machineguns the next. Oh, there was a grace period for turning them in or destroying them, but the point stands.

Now, there’s another controversy with the ATF. It seems an AR-15 pistol with an arm brace–something similar to weapons offered by a wide variety of other manufacturers–stirred the ire of the bureaucrats charged with overseeing firearms in this country.

Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC) has issued the following statement regarding ATF’s action against Q, LLC’s (Q) Honey Badger Pistol and its status as a purported short barrel rifle:

ATF has once again unlawfully and unconstitutionally exceeded its authority and changed the law by issuing a new determination that is devoid of logic and reason, contains no explanation as to the manner in which it arrived at its conclusion, conflicts with its prior determinations, and embodies the very essence of “arbitrary and capricious”.

After examining a sample Q Honey Badger Pistol, the ATF’s Firearms and Ammunition Technology Division (FATD) concluded that “the objective features of the Honey Badger firearm, configured with the subject stabilizing brace, indicate the firearm is designed and intended to be fired from the shoulder.” FATD further concluded that it is a SBR as defined by the National Firearms Act (NFA) and Gun Control Act (GCA). Yet, ATF does not explain how it arrived at this conclusion other than vague generalizations that the firearm was “designed” to be fired from the shoulder and by virtue of its barrel length meeting the definition of a SBR.

Earlier this summer, regarding the possible action regarding pistol braces, we said that our “Constitution requires an accountable legislature to enact just laws within specific, limited, and enumerated powers, not decreed by nameless bureaucrats with a political agenda, or even a president.” And when the ATF previously reversed a long-standing and well-understood position that bump stock-type devices were not machine guns, FPC and Firearms Policy Foundation led the charge with the first lawsuit in the nation against ATF’s unlawful and unconstitutional act.

And, honestly, this is a big chunk of the problem here.

See, the ATF can decide arbitrarily whether something is allowed or disallowed to such a degree that it becomes impossible for a law-abiding citizen to remain up to date as to what is and isn’t forbidden.

Take the back and forth on arm braces in the past. First, you could have them and even shoulder them. Then, you couldn’t. Then, you could, then…honestly, I don’t even know right now. I don’t have any, so I haven’t worried too much about it.

Still, the problem is that when bureaucrats can arbitrarily step in and declare something illegal, we have a problem. That’s not how our laws should work. We elect legislators to determine law, and while I get the arguments for empowering agencies to create regulations, that comes with legitimate problems, such as this kind of nonsense.

It’s well past time for the ATF to be wrangled in.

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2020/1...badger-pistol/

Wrangled my ass, it needs to be burned to the ground and rebuilt with 100% Republican-sourced materials during the second term of Donaldus Magnus, same as the IRS.

The creator of the "honey badger" talks to Colion Noir about the ATF's decision to ban his product.

California Sues to Force Federal Government to Violate Second Amendment

I can't summarize this, you'll have to try to wade through it yourself. I get that they want the ATF to outlaw sale of 80% components (and they lie through their teeth referring to a "ghost gun epidemic") but the rest of their rationale is so discombobulated that I could swear it was written by Professor Irwin Corey.

It’s horse shit! Glad I bought my Ghetto Blaster when I did!

MPX K is next on the list.

These guys are out of control. The brace is a joke and it’s a SBR, but they wrote the law in the first place!

The communists are not going to ever stop until all rights are stripped from the individual. Attacking the 2a is only part of their plan. They're going after everything. The only way this is going to end is with civil war and they know this. That's why they're going as hard for the guns.
    Cuz and SampsonandDelilah like this.

Thread Information