Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1350
Like Tree1028Likes

Thread: Guns and Ammo Thread

teedoff is online now Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Sweet
    I have the same style barrel on my sw 5.56 i just ordered a full rail upper from midway bc they were on sale for 199 should be in tomorrow it was a have to thing since it was so cheap
    Yeah I had my rails put on when I bought the rifle. I think i got those for about 50 bucks. The rifle is an american tactical brand i think.

Not sure I'm crazy about that forward grip. It's rather large, but it has a bipod that pops out so that's cool.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Quote Originally Posted by teedoff View Post
    Yeah I had my rails put on when I bought the rifle. I think i got those for about 50 bucks. The rifle is an american tactical brand i think.

Not sure I'm crazy about that forward grip. It's rather large, but it has a bipod that pops out so that's cool.
    I have a forward grip but I took it off just got in my way seemed.

JTP$ is offline Associate Member
    The acog is on my list of scopes to own. I have a trij reflex on my 5.56 but i dont like the amber reticle. Id rather it be green. I dont own a leupold yet but i do own zeiss swarovski and vortex and zeiss is my favorite of the three.
    you really cant go wrong with acogs, only potential drawback being fixed magnification. the simplicity is what adds to the reliability and makes them more of a combat optic than marksmanship. one thing to keep in mind though is that the TA 31 has a very limited eye relief which is fine for 5.56, but it may be a problem for .308

ill have to look into these other options of brands and models for my other rifles. i think a good quality 20x optic would be alot of fun

Nothing fancy at all. .308 16” barrel. Just a diamondback upper and lower magpul grips stock and bipod, ultradyne brake, 4-14 x44 vortex viper scope. Vortex one piece base which is overpriced imo wouldnt rebuy it.
    im unfamiliar with diamond back, but good quality, less expensive brands are always a good choice with firearms. no need to spend $8,000 on an HK MR762 when you can get something equivalent for considerably less money.

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I have a forward grip but I took it off just got in my way seemed.
    I switched over to an angled foregrip on one of mine. Much easier for me to transition to pistol. Probably end up switching all of them except the 20".
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Quote Originally Posted by JTP$ View Post
    you really cant go wrong with acogs, only potential drawback being fixed magnification. the simplicity is what adds to the reliability and makes them more of a combat optic than marksmanship. one thing to keep in mind though is that the TA 31 has a very limited eye relief which is fine for 5.56, but it may be a problem for .308

ill have to look into these other options of brands and models for my other rifles. i think a good quality 20x optic would be alot of fun

im unfamiliar with diamond back, but good quality, less expensive brands are always a good choice with firearms. no need to spend $8,000 on an HK MR762 when you can get something equivalent for considerably less money.
    I have a fixed 4x on my crossbow and it doenst really bother me to bad. I want the acog with the holographic red dot mounted on top for quick target acquisition along with the main optic for precision. And the 308 with a big brake really isnt much recoil I think an acog would be fine

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    I switched over to an angled foregrip on one of mine. Much easier for me to transition to pistol. Probably end up switching all of them except the 20".
    Yeah probably wouldnt work well on the 20” lol. This made me realize I need more AR’s
    almostgone likes this.

Yeah probably wouldnt work well on the 20” lol. This made me realize I need more AR’s
    I keep threatening to stop by Palmetto State Armory and look at their take on AKs. I've got an old Maadi Arms I picked up decades ago. Since I bought plenty of ammo back then and have extra mags, I could possibly justify buying PSA's version, lol.
    Cuz likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    I keep threatening to stop by Palmetto State Armory and look at their take on AKs. I've got an old Maadi Arms I picked up decades ago. Since I bought plenty of ammo back then and have extra mags, I could possibly justify buying PSA's version, lol.
    Psa has some awesome stuff seems everytime they have something I need its out of stock tho. I looked black friday and they did have pretty much identical 6.5 creed uppers as midway but were half literally half the price 1100 vs 550. I really have my hopes up about a 50 cal but thats distant
    almostgone likes this.

Psa has some awesome stuff seems everytime they have something I need its out of stock tho. I looked black friday and they did have pretty much identical 6.5 creed uppers as midway but were half literally half the price 1100 vs 550. I really have my hopes up about a 50 cal but thats distant
    It's always tempting to drop in and see what they have going on.

They have one store about 15 minutes from where I work.,.sometimes the steering wheel starts pulling in that direction when I'm up that way.

I think they get a lot of "drive-by" firearm experts, so they're kind of reserved until they get to know you and realize you're not a beanpod.

After that, they've always been good people to deal with.
    Cuz likes this.

It's always tempting to drop in and see what they have going on.

They have one store about 15 minutes from where I work.,.sometimes the steering wheel starts pulling in that direction when I'm up that way.

I think they get a lot of "drive-by" firearm experts, so they're kind of reserved until they get to know you and realize you're not a beanpod.

After that, they've always been good people to deal with.
    Wow not sure how I never knew psa had brick and mortor stores. And one about 90 minutes from me. Might have to get down there in the next month or so.
    Last edited by teedoff; 11-29-2023 at 09:17 AM.

Wow not sure how I never knew psa had brick and motor stores. And one about 90 minutes from me. Might have to get down there in the next month or so.
    Yeah man, they have SC and NC brick and mortar stores.
    teedoff likes this.

I have a fixed 4x on my crossbow and it doenst really bother me to bad. I want the acog with the holographic red dot mounted on top for quick target acquisition along with the main optic for precision. And the 308 with a big brake really isnt much recoil I think an acog would be fine
    try it out and see what you think, the TA31 is one specific model with fixed 4x magnification and is one of the more common models on 5.56 rifles. this is the same one i have on my 5.56 build but its eye relief is about 1". the TA11 is the more common model ive seen on .308 rifles and has a fixed 3.5x magnification. this is the same model i have on one of my 16" 308 ARs. only downside being that its alot larger and heavier than the TA31.

This made me realize I need more AR’s
    we could all use more ARs. over the years ive come to realize that a 16" carbine AR15 is absolutely perfect, and superior to literally anything else available. i do also like a 20" A2 though

speaking of AKs, i remember the good old days when WASR10s were available for ~$400. now they retail around $1000 or more.

i bought a WASR from atlantic firearms around 2012 and the things ran flawlessly. some brown stain and polyurethane made that cheap blonde furniture really shine too
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Guns and Ammo Thread-xzvflow.jpg  
    almostgone and Cuz like this.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    try it out and see what you think, the TA31 is one specific model with fixed 4x magnification and is one of the more common models on 5.56 rifles. this is the same one i have on my 5.56 build but its eye relief is about 1". the TA11 is the more common model ive seen on .308 rifles and has a fixed 3.5x magnification. this is the same model i have on one of my 16" 308 ARs. only downside being that its alot larger and heavier than the TA31.

we could all use more ARs. over the years ive come to realize that a 16" carbine AR15 is absolutely perfect, and superior to literally anything else available. i do also like a 20" A2 though

speaking of AKs, i remember the good old days when WASR10s were available for ~$400. now they retail around $1000 or more.

i bought a WASR from atlantic firearms around 2012 and the things ran flawlessly. some brown stain and polyurethane made that cheap blonde furniture really shine too
    Yeah these prices on literally everything available are the highest this country has ever seen in history. I was looking earlier a basic stripped down HK ar10 is 4 grand plus tax just stupid like my DB10 same setup is 1000 bucks now think I gave around 600 for it under Trump. Ammo is getting more ridiculous also

Yeah these prices on literally everything available are the highest this country has ever seen in history. I was looking earlier a basic stripped down HK ar10 is 4 grand plus tax just stupid like my DB10 same setup is 1000 bucks now think I gave around 600 for it under Trump. Ammo is getting more ridiculous also
    Yup. I gave less than 500 for my ar15, and at the time, I bought a thousand rounds of .223 for 20c a round. They went up to well over a dollar a round for a while, then came down. Not sure what they're priced at lately. Haven't even looked in a few months.

its liberal progress man, bidens just trying to keep the shelves stocked, because everything is so expensive nobody can afford to buy anything.

regarding firearms specifically though, im at the point where i really dont want to spend any more money on anything gun related at all, at least for the mean time. seems like things keep breaking around the house and i getting hit with all kinds of other expenses too.

Yup. I gave less than 500 for my ar15, and at the time, I bought a thousand rounds of .223 for 20c a round. They went up to well over a dollar a round for a while, then came down. Not sure what they're priced at lately. Haven't even looked in a few months.
    bro, i bought all kinds of ammo during the trump years, i think the 5.56 was 30 cpr, and i got some 9mm for 20 cpr.

apparently ammo isnt too bad right now, at least compared to what it was during covid.
    Last edited by JTP$; 12-01-2023 at 04:40 AM.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    its liberal progress man, bidens just trying to keep the shelves stocked, because everything is so expensive nobody can afford to buy anything.

regarding firearms specifically though, im at the point where i really dont want to spend any more money on anything gun related at all, at least for the mean time. seems like things keep breaking around the house and i getting hit with all kinds of other expenses too.

bro, i bought all kinds of ammo during the trump years, i think the 5.56 was 30 cpr, and i got some 9mm for 20 cpr.

apparently ammo isnt too bad right now, at least compared to what it was during covid.
    9mm and 5.56 is still somewhat affordable. The magnums and exotics is what is so crazy

9mm and 5.56 is still somewhat affordable. The magnums and exotics is what is so crazy
    exotic and magnum ammo is exactly what i dont have stocked up. i have 10 rounds total of 500 mag, and probably 3 boxes of 10mm.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    exotic and magnum ammo is exactly what i dont have stocked up. i have 10 rounds total of 500 mag, and probably 3 boxes of 10mm.
    I just ordered 100 rounds 300 win, 276 bucks, and 60 rounds libery defense, 2400fps and underwood 1600 fps…10mm. 60 rounds cost me 100 bucks.

Ammo is like gold, it depends on market value. I need to stock up on 5.56

I just ordered 100 rounds 300 win, 276 bucks, and 60 rounds libery defense, 2400fps and underwood 1600 fps…10mm. 60 rounds cost me 100 bucks.

Ammo is like gold, it depends on market value. I need to stock up on 5.56
    agree 100%, the more ammo you have on hand the better. anyone whos been into firearms for awhile knows how ammo can fluctuate significantly in price and availability. for me, the impact the sandy hook shooting had on availability left ingrained a need to have enough ammo to always be able go to shoot whenever i want.

5.56 is especially important because its so much fun to plink with, has decent range and isnt terribly expensive.

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    In terms of .22LR revolvers, I think there are only two manufacturers that make a 10-shot. Ruger, and Smith & Wesson. Would either manufacturer be better quality than the other? I've ordered a 7-shot revolver and I'll keep it for a while, but eventually I want a 10-shot.

Both are good and the answer to your question is somewhat model dependent. I have revolvers made by both.
    I give Ruger a slightly higher rating, but that's just me

Both are good and the answer to your question is somewhat model dependent. I have revolvers made by both.
    I give Ruger a slightly higher rating, but that's just me
    ruger revolvers are known for being incredibly reliable, more so than s&w, but i would think that would be more of factor for consideration with the larger caliber pistols.

il be honest though, i like the way s&w revolvers look more than ruger.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Guns and Ammo Thread-5dw651s.jpg  

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Shit, reloading is still insanely crazy priced. A box of 1000 primers online will cost you over $100 right now. At a brick and mortar store you're looking at like $300 for 1000 primers. Powders are still at least 25-50% more than what they used to be. And projectile prices are still kind of up there.

Black powder and its substitutes are considerably more than what they used to be, but seem to be the most resistant to price gouging. It's been pretty much the only thing I've been shooting lately.
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Shit, reloading is still insanely crazy priced. A box of 1000 primers online will cost you over $100 right now. At a brick and mortar store you're looking at like $300 for 1000 primers. Powders are still at least 25-50% more than what they used to be. And projectile prices are still kind of up there.

Black powder and its substitutes are considerably more than what they used to be, but seem to be the most resistant to price gouging. It's been pretty much the only thing I've been shooting lately.
    I got an email alert from Midway for large rifle primers being back in stock. They went out of stock in less than 20 minutes.
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

I got an email alert from Midway for large rifle primers being back in stock. They went out of stock in less than 20 minutes.
    There are bots that buy up everything as soon as it's available and they'll resell it on gunbroker for a markup.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    There are bots that buy up everything as soon as it's available and they'll resell it on gunbroker for a markup.
    The way they flew out the door, I figured that was happening. With supplies being this unpredictable, I wish they would limit people to a 1000 or so.

I was in Sportsman's Warehouse recently and one of the idiots that works in the firearms area saw me with 3 boxes in my hands....2 boxes of ammo and 1 box of bullets. He tried to flout his authority/ lack of knowledge by telling me I could only purchase 2 boxes of ammo.

I pointed out that 2 boxes were ammo and 1 was bullets but he was "Nope, 2 box limit". I handed all of it to him and he asked me what he was supposed to do with them. I told him to put it back on the shelf so he could learn the difference. I'm usually pretty laid back but he's a "gun counter" cowboy with a shitty attitude so I had to return the favor.

Came home and ordered what I wanted and then some from SG as far as ammo. Sportsman's Warehouse was overpriced on their HSM .270 Win; I was just going to drop a little biz with a local brick and mortar store while I was there.
    Cuz likes this.

Wonder how much the Sig Fury cartridge is affecting large rifle primer availability? I think it has a large rifle primer pocket.

The way they flew out the door, I figured that was happening. With supplies being this unpredictable, I wish they would limit people to a 1000 or so.

I was in Sportsman's Warehouse recently and one of the idiots that works in the firearms area saw me with 3 boxes in my hands....2 boxes of ammo and 1 box of bullets. He tried to flout his authority/ lack of knowledge by telling me I could only purchase 2 boxes of ammo.

I pointed out that 2 boxes were ammo and 1 was bullets but he was "Nope, 2 box limit". I handed all of it to him and he asked me what he was supposed to do with them. I told him to put it back on the shelf so he could learn the difference. I'm usually pretty laid back but he's a "gun counter" cowboy with a shitty attitude so I had to return the favor.

Came home and ordered what I wanted and then some from SG as far as ammo. Sportsman's Warehouse was overpriced on their HSM .270 Win; I was just going to drop a little biz with a local brick and mortar store while I was there.
    Shit I would've walked out too. The amount of money we give these fucking stores and they have the nerve to play "ammo monitor" over 1 box of projectiles (not even ammo). It's not that I even like cutting out the brick and mortar stores. They just piss us off and leave no alternative. There should be some limits though with primers. I'd limit it to 1000 per type of primer. Like if you wanted a box of 1000 small pistols and box of larger rifles, that shouldn't be a problem.

Wonder how much the Sig Fury cartridge is affecting large rifle primer availability? I think it has a large rifle primer pocket.
    That's a good question. I'm sure it'll take a few years before the military is equipped with them. But the MCX-Spear is the civilian version of it. I wonder how many people are buying them?

The bigger question is will that mean that small rifle primers will be in surplus? Or will manufacturers just cut production of the small rifle to fill the order of the large rifle?

Over all, I think the conflicts in Ukraine and Palestine are probably doing more to cause shortages of ammo and supplies. The manufacturers are going to prioritize military contracts over civilian markets. Happens every single time.
    almostgone likes this.

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    I got a few

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    I got a few

Glad to see you're still alive!
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334

Thread Information