Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    My 338lap 250grain vs 50bmg 660grain

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C8B78230-9A75-4F64-898F-0EBEA6190888.jpeg 
Views:	16 
Size:	264.3 KB 
ID:	182733

Can you lads name all calibres? They are in order of size if that helps.

Name:	62658D48-E2D1-4994-B29F-0595F23C5C7A.jpeg 
Views:	19 
Size:	405.9 KB 
ID:	182734

1943 lithgow 303. All matching serial numbers with a 1945 bayonet. Proper Jap killer.

Name:	431EA173-4016-493F-B136-E36F44A0811F.jpeg 
Views:	13 
Size:	245.5 KB 
ID:	182735

Quote Originally Posted by stocky121 View Post
    I thought all hand guns were band over here after the Dunblane shooting? I don’t have and gun licence but my best friend has shotgun (relatively easy to get) and a .22 rimfire rifle (a lot more difficult to get). I have been out shooting with him a few times. I have an air rifle in .22 extremely tame by the rest of the worlds standards, especially as it’s restricted to 12 foot pounds.
    Handguns are legal in Northern Ireland for sporting and even self defence purposes(granted only a couple thousand people have this). They are also legal in England, Wales and Scotland under a section 7(although very hard to get).
    stocky121 likes this.

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Some of the break barrel air rifles are fun to plink around with or thin out small game.
    Yeah it’s only for very small game rabbits pigeons gray squirrels rats etc.
    almostgone likes this.
    no open source posting
    keep all source request's to PM'S please

someone once said to me a clever man learn's by his own mistake's. But a wise man learn's by the mistake's of other people.

detailed detection times
    at least 45 day's active use and 100 posts for a source check
    unsure about the rule's please read up
    thread for first cycle choices

SOURCE CHECKS CLICK HERE

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Yeah it’s only for very small game rabbits pigeons gray squirrels rats etc.
    I think they're awesome, particularly if you're not in a rural area and need to eliminate backyard pests or overpopulation of small game.
    stocky121 likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

I think they're awesome, particularly if you're not in a rural area and need to eliminate backyard pests or overpopulation of small game.
    Mine runs on compressed air. And with the suppresser it’s nearly silent. Over here it’s capped 12 foot pound unless you get one on a firearms arms certificate. I can imagine turned right up and big calibre they could be lethal.
    almostgone likes this.
    no open source posting

someone once said to me a clever man learn's by his own mistake's. But a wise man learn's by the mistake's of other people.

detailed detection times

SOURCE CHECKS CLICK HERE

Never been a big fan of air rifles they just don't have the range. Shooting on a small block of land I would just use a 22 with some quiet rounds that are around 600-700 fps or even some 22 shorts if I wanted to keep the noise down for the neighbour. Then you can use higher rounds like CCI stingers at around 1600fps. Very versatile in the same rifle.

2 gook sks and a gook ak(type56).

Name:	D3B3AFF0-434A-409E-B6FC-54E4C79C773E.jpeg 
Views:	12 
Size:	191.9 KB 
ID:	182737

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    I'm at the gun club here sitting waiting to go into the office to fill out my form for the firearms certificate and to collect my revolver.

JTP$ is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Attachment 182727
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic View Post
    I got told all Russian products are under the import ban?
    I was under the impression that VEPR was coming out of a different country, but i looked into it, theyre from russia, and banned under obama's kalshnikov concern executive order.

fuk

First time I shot my 500. Man, what a gun. Insane power. The 300 win is nice, I had it zeroed in about 10 shots. Not as rowdy as I thought it would be. Very smooth sniper rifle

For reference L-R 300 win, 500 s&w, 5.56 nato
    Attachment 182728
    yea, i like the 500 magnum, I have one with a 4" barrel. IMO no firearm collection is complete without a 500 mag revolver.

i put more rounds through my 629 in .44 mag though because .44 mag ammo is much cheaper than 500 mag

Some of the break barrel air rifles are fun to plink around with or thin out small game.
    i agree, .177 cal breakbarrel air rifles feel almost as powerful as a .22 lr and you can shoot them in your backyard. I have a gamo storm that i use occasionally for some cheap, easy rifle fun.

you can get break barrels in .22 and 30 cal too. im thinking i need to get that 30 cal break barrel eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic View Post
    Can you lads name all calibres? They are in order of size if that helps.

Name:	62658D48-E2D1-4994-B29F-0595F23C5C7A.jpeg 
Views:	19 
Size:	405.9 KB 
ID:	182734
    .22 short, .22 lr, 9mm, 5.56, .308, 30-06, .357 mag, 45-70, 50 bmg, 12 ga, 2 3/4

Mine runs on compressed air. And with the suppresser it’s nearly silent. Over here it’s capped 12 foot pound unless you get one on a firearms arms certificate. I can imagine turned right up and big calibre they could be lethal.

check this out man, 72 cal, AEA Zeus
    Last edited by JTP$; 09-16-2023 at 06:23 PM.
    stocky121 likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Yeah, 500 ammo is pretty ridiculous. Its about 4 dollars a round for decent rounds. Have three boxes in my shopping cart and its 227 bucks without tax and shipping. But at least Ukraine got 40 billion..

Yeah, 500 ammo is pretty ridiculous. Its about 4 dollars a round for decent rounds. Have three boxes in my shopping cart and its 227 bucks without tax and shipping. But at least Ukraine got 40 billion..
    Maybe think about taking up reloading, Cuz? I usually load in the fall and winter when the humidity is down. It kind of helps me relax and the SC humidity is much lower.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by JTP$ View Post
    yea, i like the 500 magnum, I have one with a 4" barrel. IMO no firearm collection is complete without a 500 mag revolver.

i put more rounds through my 629 in .44 mag though because .44 mag ammo is much cheaper than 500 mag

i agree, .177 cal breakbarrel air rifles feel almost as powerful as a .22 lr and you can shoot them in your backyard. I have a gamo storm that i use occasionally for some cheap, easy rifle fun.

you can get break barrels in .22 and 30 cal too. im thinking i need to get that 30 cal break barrel eventually.

.22 short, .22 lr, 9mm, 5.56, .308, 30-06, .357 mag, 45-70, 50 bmg, 12 ga, 2 3/4

Gamo makes some fun plinkers in .177 and .22. There is soooo much more to choose from than when I was a 6 year old and had a Crosman 760.

Fucking hell makes my Birmingham small arms look like a catapult
    I think you would struggle to even get that on a firearms certificate over here
    Last edited by stocky121; 09-17-2023 at 03:09 AM.
    no open source posting

detailed detection times

SOURCE CHECKS CLICK HERE

the cost for 500 mag ammo is a deterrent for sure. ive found that as the years have gone by i have less and less desire to burn through hundreds of dollars in ammo in one afternoon at the range. i did manage to significantly stock up on .22 lr ammo though, so the beretta m9-22 and s&w m&p15-22 have been keeping me entertained.

as for ukraine, its funny how that works. makes me wonder what percentage of that went directly into joe bidens personal off shore bank accounts.

Gamo makes some fun plinkers in .177 and .22. There is soooo much more to choose from than when I was a 6 year old and had a Crosman 760.
    gamo makes some great products that are high quality and not too expensive. i remember the crosman 760 days though, it was either that or a red ryder. the 760 is actually a really good air rifle as well, just takes alot of time and effort to get some decent velocity out of it

speaking of crosman though, have you seen their full auto AR and AK BB guns?

Fucking hell makes my Birmingham small arms look like a catapult
    I think you would struggle to even get that on a firearms certificate over here
    yea, that thing is over the top. it appears to have as much recoil as a 12 gauge shotgun with slugs.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Maybe think about taking up reloading, Cuz? I usually load in the fall and winter when the humidity is down. It kind of helps me relax and the SC humidity is much lower.
    I looked into it a few years back. May look into it again. My dad’s cousin does it but hes one of those old timers that dont say much unless he really trusts you i guess. Im gonna look into it again since you mention it
    almostgone likes this.

How much do you guys pay for a thousand rounds of .22LR? I'm getting told £70 is the rock bottom price over here (at today's exchange rate = US$86.70).

When I receive my revolver I'm gonna buy a thousand rounds at a time.

It varies. A 3330 Round Case - 22 LR Winchester 36 grain copper hollowpoint is about $230 w/ free shipping.

Edit: Added free shipping.
    Last edited by almostgone; 09-17-2023 at 12:11 PM.

wango is offline Anabolic Member

Anatomically, that is a cool-ass vid! It blew my mind.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Guns and Ammo Thread-130b6d1b-644a-48da-b0da-cb6304896df9.jpeg  

It varies. A 3330 Round Case - 22 LR Winchester 36 grain copper hollowpoint is about $230 w/ free shipping.

Edit: Added free shipping.
    .22lr is a round i completely took for granted prior to 2012, then the sandy hook school shooting happened, and .22lr dried up completely for years. at the time i only had ~1000 rounds of it, maybe a little more.

years later during Trumps first presidential run i was walking through walmart and saw they had completely full shelves of .22lr at very good prices. so over the next few months i bought 70,000 rounds of it. i will never again be caught with an empty stash of .22lr

Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Anatomically, that is a cool-ass vid! It blew my mind.
    lol, yea. mr balistic gel torso's mind got blown too.

theres actually quite a few videos of these torsos and skulls getting blasted with various calibers. 50 BMG makes quite a mess of them too

.22lr is a round i completely took for granted prior to 2012, then the sandy hook school shooting happened, and .22lr dried up completely for years. at the time i only had ~1000 rounds of it, maybe a little more.

years later during Trumps first presidential run i was walking through walmart and saw they had completely full shelves of .22lr at very good prices. so over the next few months i bought 70,000 rounds of it. i will never again be caught with an empty stash of .22lr

lol, yea. mr balistic gel torso's mind got blown too.

theres actually quite a few videos of these torsos and skulls getting blasted with various calibers. 50 BMG makes quite a mess of them too
    I always preferred the copper plated vs.the lead round nose. The copper plated store much better and the primers keep much longer.
    Cuz and Honkey_Kong like this.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    I always preferred the copper plated vs.the lead round nose. The copper plated store much better and the primers keep much longer.
    They also have way better ballistics looking at them vs lead. Im unsure why but they travel 100-200 fps faster and carry more energy. That is why im buying them, i dont know how the expansion is though compared to lead might not be as good
    almostgone likes this.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Not just that, you don't have to worry so much about "leading the barrel." Which isn't really that big of a deal. It just means you have to scrub out the lead caked in the barrel more.

My penchant for .22LR is all about price.

I'm just dipping my toes here into the sport of shooting, and I have a friend of mine telling me to get a 9mm Glock, but I'm going with a .22LR revolver. Because cheap ammo and no feeding issues.

When my firearms certificate is approved and I can take my new gun home, I'm gonna take the cylinder out and use a vernier callipers on it to get measurements, then I'll try make a file for a CNC lathe to make a perfect replica of the cylinder. If I can make a fully-functional cylinder that works just as good as the original, then next I will try to put more holes in the cylinder. Right now the capacity is 7 but I'd love to bump it up a bit to 10 or more.

Here's how it looks right now:

Name:	Screenshot_2023-09-18-17-23-06-16_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	473.9 KB 
ID:	182747

Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post

I'm just dipping my toes here into the sport of shooting, and I have a friend of mine telling me to get a 9mm Glock, but I'm going with a .22LR revolver. Because cheap ammo and no feeding issues.

When my firearms certificate is approved and I can take my new gun home, I'm gonna take the cylinder out and use a vernier callipers on it to get measurements, then I'll try make a file for a CNC lathe to make a perfect replica of the cylinder. If I can make a fully-functional cylinder that works just as good as the original, then next I will try to put more holes in the cylinder. Right now the capacity is 7 but I'd love to bump it up a bit to 10 or more.

That won't work. If there is space (very doubtful), you will still have to time the cylinder to the hammer and still be in line with the bore. If you're going to bastardize the thing and risk hurting someone else, I hope they deny you the firearm. That is one of the most irresponsible ideas I've ever heard.

You don't f-in file accurate holes. You center drill them, drill them, then ream them in an accurate location.

Up to now, I thought you were more intelligent than that. Weird, but more intelligent.
    Last edited by almostgone; 09-18-2023 at 11:31 AM.
    Cylon357 and stocky121 like this.

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    That won't work.
    It's almost like timing, degrees and minutes of angle are important. Dang, I guess we really WILL use high school math after all...

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    It's almost like timing, degrees and minutes of angle are important. Dang, I guess we really WILL use high school math after all...
    Exactly. The diameter and pitch of the pattern to receive the cartridges is critical.....in addition to the timing.

Who wants to attempt to fire a revolver with the cylinder out of time....dang, talk about shaving lead ( if you get off that lucky).
    Cylon357 and stocky121 like this.

Going to PM you. Right now they only have 1 brand in stock, but several weights, and a couple of bullet styles. Free shipping over $200.
    Last edited by almostgone; 09-18-2023 at 11:36 AM.
    Cuz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    It's almost like timing, degrees and minutes of angle are important.
    After I bring the gun home and remove the cylinder, I'll see if it's possible to adjust the degrees by which the trigger rotates the cylinder.

Of course if I ever did put a custom-made cylinder in it, I'd test it without ammo a thousand times, and then I'd test it with blanks a thousand times, before trying a real round.

The engraving along the side of the barrel is horrible, it says TRACKER in big capital letters. I wonder if there's any way I could have the engraving filled in.

By the way when I said 'file' in my other post, I meant the kind of file that's stored on a computer hard disk (not the kind of file you hold in your hand to grind metal). I meant a computer file containing all the data required for the CNC machine to make the cylinder.

I see that someone has made a picatinny rail to fit the Taurus Tracker so I might get it and stick a green laser on it.

Also there's a deer stalking course next month so I might do it. Stalking deer with a revolver with a green laser would be enjoyable.

By the way when I said 'file' in my other post, I meant the kind of file that's stored on a computer hard disk (not the kind of file you hold in your hand to grind metal). I meant a computer file containing all the data required for the CNC machine to make the cylinder.
    You're not going to find any legal Catia, Pro-E, Hypermill, etc. files or map it out accurately enough. Can't do it with a CMM because you need the basic dimensions to program the CMM

You would be violating several laws. Additionally, you'll never get the ratchet for the cylinder graduated to index. The material just isn't there nor will you have enough material left for cartridge extraction.
    Last edited by almostgone; 09-18-2023 at 01:30 PM.

Kimbo, I'm not trying to be more of an a-hole than usual, but your plan isn't safe nor is it feasible.

Just enjoy what you have.
    Last edited by almostgone; 09-18-2023 at 01:12 PM.
    Cylon357 likes this.

You might be able to fill in the engraving with a colored epoxy resin, but it may require bead blasting the area for better adhesion. No idea how long it would take, and I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't void your lifetime warranty in some manner.
    Firearm manufacturers carry a high liability, so when one is modified, it needs to be done by the manufacturer or a certified 3rd party.

If by some miracle you did increase the ammo capacity. Then it wouldn’t conform to the FAC.
    almostgone, Cuz and Honkey_Kong like this.
    no open source posting

detailed detection times

SOURCE CHECKS CLICK HERE

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    That won't work. If there is space (very doubtful), you will still have to time the cylinder to the hammer and still be in line with the bore. If you're going to bastardize the thing and risk hurting someone else, I hope they deny you the firearm. That is one of the most irresponsible ideas I've ever heard.

You don't f-in file accurate holes. You center drill them, drill them, then ream them in an accurate location.

Up to now, I thought you were more intelligent than that. Weird, but more intelligent.
    There are speedloaders for most revolvers that are currently in production. Besides, the cylinders that the gun manufacturer made have been thoroughly tested to be able to withstand the pressures of the rounds they shoot. If you mill some cylinder, even if you get timing right on it, You don't know if that thing is going to work time after time or if it's going to be a pipebomb in your hand.

Actually, after thinking about this a little more. I full support Kimbo making himself a cylinder for his revolver. I just think he needs to go with a higher caliber than .22lr.
    almostgone likes this.

teedoff is offline Member
    Going to PM you. Right now they only have 1 brand in stock, but several weights, and a couple of bullet styles. Free shipping over $200.
    Didn't read through all of this thread as it seemed to get REALLY stupid by some posts.

But for you guys in the states, and east coast even better, I have a buddy that is an ammo dealer. Well he opened his ammo supply business a few years ago and did shows and online for a few years. He's just opened a gun store in my town

Anyway, sometimes he can get harder to find ammo or may even have some stock already, if interested.

In the USA, I don't think you have to be too discrete about your guns because so many people have them.

I think here in the UK though, I need to be discrete when I get my revolver and take it home. I don't think I should be blabbing my mouth telling everyone about it, and I don't think I should be sharing photos around the place, for two reasons:
    (1) I don't want the police confiscating my gun
    (2) I don't want to be burgled for my gun

In the USA, I don't think you have to be too discrete about your guns because so many people have them.

I think here in the UK though, I need to be discrete when I get my revolver and take it home. I don't think I should be blabbing my mouth telling everyone about it, and I don't think I should be sharing photos around the place, for two reasons:
    (1) I don't want the police confiscating my gun
    (2) I don't want to be burgled for my gun
    Now, that is good common sense! Believe it or not, even having a gun safe/saves does no good to brag about here in America. It does no good to invite trouble.

My state has open carry, but I keep my CWP renewed and carry concealed unless I'm working on our land or helping a neighbor.
    To me, I feel like wearing it concealed gives you an advantage. That's no hit against those that prefer to open carry.
    Last edited by almostgone; 09-22-2023 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Syntax...
    OdinsOtherSon and Honkey_Kong like this.

Thread Information