Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2328293031323334 LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,320 of 1350
Like Tree1028Likes

Thread: Guns and Ammo Thread

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Quote Originally Posted by JTP$ View Post
    i hear ya man, the first pistol i bought was a glock 30 in .45 acp, but i was sold on the idea of 9mm when i realized it was half the cost of .45

10mm is going to do way more damage than either 9mm or .45 and that could be very beneficial if your attacker is high on meth or something similar.
    First time shooting a 10mm today and damn, I am impressed! This gun is so damn smooth, comparable to glock I think I like it just as good if not more than glock. Grouping is damn awesome aside from about 2-3 rounds that I guess were just underpowered and went low. I am very happy with the 10mm springfield. A SUBSTANTIALLY big difference in power than the 40 cal, man the dirt was flying with that 10mm compared to the 40.
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

JTP$ is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    First time shooting a 10mm today and damn, I am impressed! This gun is so damn smooth, comparable to glock I think I like it just as good if not more than glock. Grouping is damn awesome aside from about 2-3 rounds that I guess were just underpowered and went low. I am very happy with the 10mm springfield. A SUBSTANTIALLY big difference in power than the 40 cal, man the dirt was flying with that 10mm compared to the 40.
    yea that 10mm hits hard. ive never shot a springfield in 10mm, but my glock 20 with full pressure 180 grain ammo has a very nice recoil impulse.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    yea that 10mm hits hard. ive never shot a springfield in 10mm, but my glock 20 with full pressure 180 grain ammo has a very nice recoil impulse.
    It’s similar to a glock 22, 40 caliber as terms as recoil goes. My 40 cal SW has more recoil than my 10mm springfield but the barrel is alot shorter also

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Read a review of this about a month ago, ordered it instantly & just started reading.

1/4 of the way into it, and wow - great book so far!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Guns and Ammo Thread-da195e9b-56f2-4f65-adf9-c3e61cbb35f5.jpeg  

It’s similar to a glock 22, 40 caliber as terms as recoil goes. My 40 cal SW has more recoil than my 10mm springfield but the barrel is alot shorter also
    40 is a snappy round by nature, the recoil actually surprised me the first time i shot my bros FN 40 because it seemed more energetic than my glock 30 in .45 ACP.

what brand of 10mm were you running? the reason i ask is because some 10mm ammo is actually not loaded very hot. when i picked up my glock 20 i told my FFL dealer i wanted some hot 10mm ammo and he sold me a few boxes of PMC, recoil felt weak. but other types of ammo have alot more power behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Read a review of this about a month ago, ordered it instantly & just started reading.

1/4 of the way into it, and wow - great book so far!
    the AR15 is one of, if not the very best rifle ever made. the more i shoot mine the more i love that platform of rifle.

put an ACOG TA31 on it and you have literal perfection

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    40 is a snappy round by nature, the recoil actually surprised me the first time i shot my bros FN 40 because it seemed more energetic than my glock 30 in .45 ACP.

what brand of 10mm were you running? the reason i ask is because some 10mm ammo is actually not loaded very hot. when i picked up my glock 20 i told my FFL dealer i wanted some hot 10mm ammo and he sold me a few boxes of PMC, recoil felt weak. but other types of ammo have alot more power behind them.

the AR15 is one of, if not the very best rifle ever made. the more i shoot mine the more i love that platform of rifle.

S & B, yeah they arent hot. I plan on buying some in the future just not now. Ammo is just to damn expensive right now

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!

One thing you have to take in to account is the weight of the pistol with a loaded magazine in it. 40S&W projectiles usually are between 135-185 grains, whereas a 45 ACP projectile can weigh from 185 grains to 250 grains. Then you have to factor in the weight of the casing and although neglegible, the weight of the powder and primer. That added weight the 45 has can have some effect on perceived recoil as it has more mass at rest.

Then you have to factor in the mass of the projectile + velocity. And for a 45 acp 240gr projectile going at 850fps (which is above average for 45) can give you 385 foot pounds of force. A 40 S&W round weight 150 grains going at 1200fps has 480 foot pounds of force

So going by that, 9mm is lighter weight and has projectiles traveling with on average more energy footpounds of force, so it makes sense that it's going to have more perceived recoil given similar barrel length and unloaded pistol weights.

On a little tangent, I got this cheap hipoint in 40 S&W. That pistol weighs so much you can barely feel any recoil at all with it (like you almost feel like the first one you shoot was a squib).

But yeah, if you want "hot" factory made rounds, get a chronograph and experiment. My experiences have been that the guys at the store don't know what they're talking about a great deal of the time and they rely solely on the velocities published by the manufacturer. And those manufacturers are trying to sell you ammo so they're never comparing apples to apples.

Often times, you'll find that your standard cheap ammos out-perform the more expensive "performance" rounds in velocity and foot pounds of force. Not to mention, that hotter rounds do not necessarily correlate to better accuracy.

And as far as AR rifles go. I like them a lot. But I also know that local laws from one jurisdiction to another can vary greatly and you might not be able to obtain one legally. A Mini 14 chambered in 5.56 might be a good alternative in those situations. Plus if you had to use lethal force on somebody, the negative stigma of an AR can definitely influence a jury and a DA. It might be the difference between being charged and convicted of a crime or you walking free.

The chapters devoted to the creation of the rifle &‘ the inventor were amazing. As was those about getting the gun ultimately accepted by the military & the military’s f’n up the M16 in Vietnam. I’ve got a copy of the training manual that was made as a comic book for the soldiers coming tomorrow. The story about the military covering up their mistakes at the cost of soldiers lives was tragic (but unfortunately typical).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Guns and Ammo Thread-8b79c9ea-8fde-4134-90cb-d8da7716434e.jpeg  

S & B, yeah they arent hot. I plan on buying some in the future just not now. Ammo is just to damn expensive right now
    I hear ya man, the price of ammo is absurd, and so is the price of everything else like gas and food. I have no desire to blow through thousands of dollars on guns and ammo right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    One thing you have to take in to account is the weight of the pistol with a loaded magazine in it. 40S&W projectiles usually are between 135-185 grains, whereas a 45 ACP projectile can weigh from 185 grains to 250 grains. Then you have to factor in the weight of the casing and although neglegible, the weight of the powder and primer. That added weight the 45 has can have some effect on perceived recoil as it has more mass at rest.

Then you have to factor in the mass of the projectile + velocity. And for a 45 acp 240gr projectile going at 850fps (which is above average for 45) can give you 385 foot pounds of force. A 40 S&W round weight 150 grains going at 1200fps has 480 foot pounds of force

So going by that, 9mm is lighter weight and has projectiles traveling with on average more energy footpounds of force, so it makes sense that it's going to have more perceived recoil given similar barrel length and unloaded pistol weights.

On a little tangent, I got this cheap hipoint in 40 S&W. That pistol weighs so much you can barely feel any recoil at all with it (like you almost feel like the first one you shoot was a squib).

But yeah, if you want "hot" factory made rounds, get a chronograph and experiment. My experiences have been that the guys at the store don't know what they're talking about a great deal of the time and they rely solely on the velocities published by the manufacturer. And those manufacturers are trying to sell you ammo so they're never comparing apples to apples.

Often times, you'll find that your standard cheap ammos out-perform the more expensive "performance" rounds in velocity and foot pounds of force. Not to mention, that hotter rounds do not necessarily correlate to better accuracy.

And as far as AR rifles go. I like them a lot. But I also know that local laws from one jurisdiction to another can vary greatly and you might not be able to obtain one legally. A Mini 14 chambered in 5.56 might be a good alternative in those situations. Plus if you had to use lethal force on somebody, the negative stigma of an AR can definitely influence a jury and a DA. It might be the difference between being charged and convicted of a crime or you walking free.
    True, all of these factors come into play, but i was expecting a full size FN to reoil less than a subcompact glock, which is chambered in a bigger round. 40 s&w is a higher pressure round which forces the projectile to accelerate faster than the lower pressure .45

as for high point, ive seen alot of video reviews of them and they actually are very reliable pistols, but i cant get over how ugly they are. id rather spend the extra money and get another glock. also, you are 100% correct, using an AR for home defense is more likely to result in criminal charges than using a shotgun or a pistol. i keep a glock 17 and a glock 19 on the nightstand next to my bed with a couple spare 33 round mags, and a GP WASR10-63 with a bayonet and 40 round mag for easy access along with another 3 loaded 40 round mags, but one of my glocks would be the go to, the AK is only for worst case scenario, plus i just like looking at it.

Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    The chapters devoted to the creation of the rifle &‘ the inventor were amazing. As was those about getting the gun ultimately accepted by the military & the military’s f’n up the M16 in Vietnam. I’ve got a copy of the training manual that was made as a comic book for the soldiers coming tomorrow. The story about the military covering up their mistakes at the cost of soldiers lives was tragic (but unfortunately typical).
    i am vaguely familiar with the origins of the AR15, as i understand it the AR10 in .308 came first but it was not well liked. the 5.56 AR15 was much more popular and sold better. its pretty messed up what happened with the M16 in the early years of vietnam though, apparently the ammo that came with it was loaded with the wrong type of powder which caused excess fowling. its rumored this was a deliberate move made my crooked politicians who were mad the M14 wasnt adopted, so they tried to sabotage the M16. this wrong powder type along with a non-chrome lined chamber resulted in a very unreliable rifle that caused alot of american soldiers to die.
    Last edited by JTP$; 10-07-2023 at 09:06 PM.

its pretty messed up what happened with the M16 in the early years of vietnam though, apparently the ammo that came with it was loaded with the wrong type of powder which caused excess fowling. its rumored this was a deliberate move made my crooked politicians who were mad the M14 wasnt adopted, so they tried to sabotage the M16. this wrong powder type along with a non-chrome lined chamber resulted in a very unreliable rifle that caused alot of american soldiers to die.
    The book found the blame was with the military. The initial rifles & ammunition used in Vietnam were fine, but they saved $ by not using the chrome & they changed the propellant in the ammunition (availability issue apparently). Seems they knew there was a problem really quickly, even the inventor warned them of the exact issue, but didn’t they do anything except cover it up. The military pissed off the inventor again when they limited the rifle to 3 round bursts in the 90’s. The dude was really amazing, what a friggen creative genius.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Eugene Stoner was quite the inventor. He made numerous contributions to the world of firearms.

Mikhai Kalashnikov was another genius. To rise from a tank mechanic to the position where he created the AK-47, its variant and the PK series is also impressive .
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

They discussed the AK-47 & him a bit. In an interesting anecdote they discussed how the two met in 1990. The 2 then shot their versions of their rifles at Quantico. Kalashnikov got frustrated because his magazine wouldn’t insert, as were the others that tried to help. Stoner inspected it and instantly fixed the issue.

He thumbed his nose at the military upon his death. He insisted his rifle (that was now limited to 3 round bursts to save ammunition) were on full auto during the twenty - one shot salute.

I hear ya man, the price of ammo is absurd, and so is the price of everything else like gas and food. I have no desire to blow through thousands of dollars on guns and ammo right now.

True, all of these factors come into play, but i was expecting a full size FN to reoil less than a subcompact glock, which is chambered in a bigger round. 40 s&w is a higher pressure round which forces the projectile to accelerate faster than the lower pressure .45

as for high point, ive seen alot of video reviews of them and they actually are very reliable pistols, but i cant get over how ugly they are. id rather spend the extra money and get another glock. also, you are 100% correct, using an AR for home defense is more likely to result in criminal charges than using a shotgun or a pistol. i keep a glock 17 and a glock 19 on the nightstand next to my bed with a couple spare 33 round mags, and a GP WASR10-63 with a bayonet and 40 round mag for easy access along with another 3 loaded 40 round mags, but one of my glocks would be the go to, the AK is only for worst case scenario, plus i just like looking at it.
    Honestly, I don't really see the point in keeping a 33 shot magazine next to your nightstand. According to the FBI, 70-90% of all citizen-involved self-defense shootings are resolved in under 4 rounds. The majority of them are solved in 1-2 rounds. Very rarely are 10 shots needed to solve the problem. And if you're in a sort of situation where you have several people you need to equalize, a shotgun probably would be more practical.

If you whip out a 33 shot magazine, that would likely be used as evidence to say you were not acting in self-defense. But regardless, it'd be smart for all gun owners to buy personal firearm liability insurance. Think of it as like buying car insurance. You don't plan on getting in to an accident, but if you did get in one, it's a life saver to have.
    Last edited by Honkey_Kong; 10-09-2023 at 03:07 AM.

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    What does 'cock' mean in American English? Like if I say, "He cocked his pistol at me", does that mean:

a) He pointed his pistol at me
    b) He dragged the slide back or pulled the hammer back

The reason I ask is that nowadays I think people say it to mean B, even though the original meaning I think was A.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    What does 'cock' mean in American English? Like if I say, "He cocked his pistol at me", does that mean:

a) He pointed his pistol at me
    b) He dragged the slide back or pulled the hammer back

The reason I ask is that nowadays I think people say it to mean B, even though the original meaning I think was A.
    Fully cocked means that the hammer is all the way back and under tension. ready to be released by the sear.

Not all guns have a "half-cocked" setting, but that's where the hammer is partially pulled back, but the sear will not be activated by the pulling the trigger. It's kind of a "safe mode." It goes all the way back to flintlocks. The lock would resemble the head of a bird especially when the hammer was back.

Pointing a pistol at somebody has never meant "cocked." Nor does a slide being racked mean "cocked."
    almostgone likes this.

Honestly, I don't really see the point in keeping a 33 shot magazine next to your nightstand. According to the FBI, 70-90% of all citizen-involved self-defense shootings are resolved in under 4 rounds. The majority of them are solved in 1-2 rounds. Very rarely are 10 shots needed to solve the problem. And if you're in a sort of situation where you have several people you need to equalize, a shotgun probably would be more practical.

If you whip out a 33 shot magazine, that would likely be used as evidence to say you were not acting in self-defense. But regardless, it'd be smart for all gun owners to buy personal firearm liability insurance. Think of it as like buying car insurance. You don't plan on getting in to an accident, but if you did get in one, it's a life saver to have.
    The burden of proof would lie on the prosecutor to convince the court i actually had a 33 round mag in my glock instead of a flush fit 17 or 15 round. although on the other hand, if some scumbag broke into my house and i was forced to use a firearm in self defense, they would go through my internet activity and find these posts talking about it. so maybe im just screwed regardless and should roll with my saiga 12 or my 16" aero M5 in 308 with 25 round mags.

Another firearm i would like to get is a mossberg 590A1 retro, put some 2 3/4" #4 buck shells in it. there is the risk of short chucking it, but one well placed 12 gauge blast is very likely to stop an attacker immediately. the same can not be said of other rounds, especially pistol calibers

just for the record though, the idea that we as law abiding citizens should be required to use sporting firearms to give an attacker a sporting chance at being successful at killing us or our loved ones is absolute horse shit.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Didnt know about this until today
    7700 yard shot
    https://www.outdoorlife.com/guns/new...st-rifle-shot/
    Here’s the article on the new world record, American made optics, American made chassis, World record

OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member

Any recommendations for reputable companies offering this product?

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    The gun license guy is calling out to my house at 9:30 tomorrow morning for my 'initial interview'. I'm a little nervous.

teedoff is online now Member
    The gun license guy is calling out to my house at 9:30 tomorrow morning for my 'initial interview'. I'm a little nervous.
    Make sure you tell him about your steroid use .
    lovbyts and XnavyHMCS like this.

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by teedoff View Post
    Make sure you tell him about your steroid use.
    As well as your mental health issues and RX drugs, fantasies about killing animals and people as well as babies that should be terminated due to possible health defects.
    Honkey_Kong and XnavyHMCS like this.

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member

Not really disagreeing with you especially about statistics but there is this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1697162748082.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	182797
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OdinsOtherSon View Post
    Any recommendations for reputable companies offering this product?
    You definitely should call your local gun ranges, Sheriff and police departments for who they would recommend, but USCCA and Right To Bear are the best I can think of (I use Right to Bear. And they'll have different pricings, based on the amount of coverage you want. It's pretty affordable though (like $35 and under per month). Most of the places include firing and safety training lessons.
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Not really disagreeing with you especially about statistics but there is this.

In Commiefornia, they've made the restrictions on them so gay, they're not worth having. You can't have a telescopic stock or pistol grips. Hell you have to have the 10 round (max) magazine fixed so that you have to pull the pins connecting the upper to the lower, just to reload (even the bullet button has been banned).

That's why I suggested a mini 14. They give you most of what you're looking for in capabilities of the AR platform. But yeah, it's just not the same.
    lovbyts and almostgone like this.

As well as your mental health issues and RX drugs, fantasies about killing animals and people as well as babies that should be terminated due to possible health defects.
    Or those girls in the Canaries that he stalked.
    lovbyts likes this.

Didnt know about this until today
    7700 yard shot
    https://www.outdoorlife.com/guns/new...st-rifle-shot/
    Here’s the article on the new world record, American made optics, American made chassis, World record
    I don't care how good of a rifle or the gear he has for it is, being able to hit steel from over 4 miles away is incredible.
    lovbyts and almostgone like this.

Oops!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Guns and Ammo Thread-6474f972-a464-4cf4-9758-c10b6d0cde2a.jpeg   Guns and Ammo Thread-1bcbf7c7-a612-41ac-83a8-57369b9e7a70.jpeg  
    lovbyts likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Most of the ammo is being limited now im seeing. Mostly bulk sales . Shot the 300 and 308 today. Way off on the 308. Was shooting around 250 yards. Im rbc is high and i have trouble being still. Couldnt get my breathing right. Horrible grouping. I was much more accurate with the bolt 300 than the AR 10. The stock on the AR just isnt long enough for me to get comfortable. It sure looks nice though.

Name:	IMG_3308.jpg 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	182806
    Also not tryin to knock vortex but it doesnt come close to zeiss glass
    almostgone and stocky121 like this.

Most of the ammo is being limited now im seeing. Mostly bulk sales . Shot the 300 and 308 today. Way off on the 308. Was shooting around 250 yards. Im rbc is high and i have trouble being still. Couldnt get my breathing right. Horrible grouping. I was much more accurate with the bolt 300 than the AR 10. The stock on the AR just isnt long enough for me to get comfortable. It sure looks nice though.

That's the way I feel about Leupold. I'll look at Swarovski ( waaay overpriced IMHO), Vortex, etc. and think it's pretty good, but then when I look through a Leupold, I'm sold on Leupold.
    Last edited by almostgone; 10-29-2023 at 05:06 AM.
    Cuz likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100

Nice gun. Is that muzzle break standard?
    Sorry I’m not massively clued up about guns.
    Cuz likes this.
    no open source posting
    keep all source request's to PM'S please

someone once said to me a clever man learn's by his own mistake's. But a wise man learn's by the mistake's of other people.

detailed detection times
    at least 45 day's active use and 100 posts for a source check
    unsure about the rule's please read up
    thread for first cycle choices

SOURCE CHECKS CLICK HERE

Yeah, when your blood count is high, it can really give you the gasping type of breath and it's hard to find your natural respiratory pause.

Sometimes, a few minutes of box breathing after I get prone will ease things up to the point I can find my sweet spot to squeeze off a round.

Re: the Ar-10. It's hard to tell with the charging handle to the rear, but that length of pull does look at tad short. Again, it's hard to tell from a pic. If you dropped your scope rearward a tad, do you think it would help you out?

Edit: My eyes are just starting to focus. Is that an offset scope mount?
    Last edited by almostgone; 10-29-2023 at 05:32 AM.
    Cuz likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Quote Originally Posted by stocky121 View Post
    Nice gun. Is that muzzle break standard?
    Sorry I’m not massively clued up about guns.
    That particular brake isn’t standard its an ultradyne tank break. Helps recoil but the blast is pushed outward instead of back through the stock (the energy of the recoil) its great but if anyone is standing nearby they can feel the energy from the blast in their chests. It’s pretty extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Yeah, when your blood count is high, it can really give you the gasping type of breath and it's hard to find your natural respiratory pause.

Sometimes, a few minutes of box breathing after I get prone will ease things up to the point I can find my sweet spot to squeeze off a round.

Re: the Ar-10. It's hard to tell with the charging handle to the rear, but that length of pull does look at tad short. Again, it's hard to tell from a pic. If you dropped your scope rearward a tad, do you think it would help you out?

Edit: My eyes are just starting to focus. Is that an offset scope mount?
    Nope just a standard vortex one piece picatinny rail mount. I believe you are correct, it does need to forward. The eye relief is a bit off
    almostgone and stocky121 like this.

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    That particular brake isn’t standard its an ultradyne tank break. Helps recoil but the blast is pushed outward instead of back through the stock (the energy of the recoil) its great but if anyone is standing nearby they can feel the energy from the blast in their chests. It’s pretty extreme.

Nope just a standard vortex one piece picatinny rail mount. I believe you are correct, it does need to forward. The eye relief is a bit off
    It certainly looks it, looks badass. The kind you see on the top of howitzers.
    Cuz likes this.
    no open source posting
    keep all source request's to PM'S please

someone once said to me a clever man learn's by his own mistake's. But a wise man learn's by the mistake's of other people.

detailed detection times
    at least 45 day's active use and 100 posts for a source check
    unsure about the rule's please read up
    thread for first cycle choices

SOURCE CHECKS CLICK HERE

nice rifle man, what are the specs on it?

That's the way I feel about Leupold. I'll look at Swarovski ( waaay overpriced IMHO), Vortex, etc. and think it's pretty good, but then when I look through a Leupold, I'm sold on Leupold.
    i have a limited knowledge of optics, but the few that i have are mostly ACOG.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Guns and Ammo Thread-qwxi3ph.jpg  
    Cuz likes this.

Zeiss is good glass. I'm partial to Leupold. Swarovski is overrated IMHO.

Trijicon ACOG are durable and well worth the price. For those that don't want to shell out the $$ for Triji, Primary Arms make decent lower end scopes if you're looking for something with a decent horseshoe 5.56 or 7.62: BDC reticle.

Zeiss is good glass. I'm partial to Leupold. Swarovski is overrated IMHO.

Trijicon ACOG are durable and well worth the price. For those that don't want to shell out the $$ for Triji, Primary Arms make decent lower end scopes if you're looking for something with a decent horseshoe 5.56 or 7.62: BDC reticle.
    ive heard good things about leupold, but nothing about zeiss or swarovski. the reliability of ACOG is what really got me interested in them though, plus the photovoltaic strip for never ending reticle illumination and the clarity of glass is perfect.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    ive heard good things about leupold, but nothing about zeiss or swarovski. the reliability of ACOG is what really got me interested in them though, plus the photovoltaic strip for never ending reticle illumination and the clarity of glass is perfect.
    The acog is on my list of scopes to own. I have a trij reflex on my 5.56 but i dont like the amber reticle. Id rather it be green. I dont own a leupold yet but i do own zeiss swarovski and vortex and zeiss is my favorite of the three.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET

Nothing fancy at all. .308 16” barrel. Just a diamondback upper and lower magpul grips stock and bipod, ultradyne brake, 4-14 x44 vortex viper scope. Vortex one piece base which is overpriced imo wouldnt rebuy it.
    almostgone likes this.

teedoff is online now Member
    Nothing fancy at all. .308 16” barrel. Just a diamondback upper and lower magpul grips stock and bipod, ultradyne brake, 4-14 x44 vortex viper scope. Vortex one piece base which is overpriced imo wouldnt rebuy it.
    Nice. I bought a cheap scope to throw on my rifle when I bought it. Need to upgrade mine. I'm looking at leupold or acog. Have a buddy that owns a gun store and gets me good deals.

He also has a website for ammo and can usually find or already stocks some hard to find srifd if you guys ever have need.

Here's my cowardly ar. Just a plain Jane right now with the cheap scope. lol

Also the 12g bulldog I picked up a couple months ago. Added a forward grip light for night time intruders.

Name:	20230906_144005.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	182841Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201208_162431.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	813.7 KB 
ID:	182842
    Cuz and almostgone like this.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Quote Originally Posted by teedoff View Post
    Nice. I bought a cheap scope to throw on my rifle when I bought it. Need to upgrade mine. I'm looking at leupold or acog. Have a buddy that owns a gun store and gets me good deals.

He also has a website for ammo and can usually find or already stocks some hard to find srifd if you guys ever have need.

Here's my cowardly ar. Just a plain Jane right now with the cheap scope. lol

Also the 12g bulldog I picked up a couple months ago. Added a forward grip light for night time intruders.

Name:	20230906_144005.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	182841Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201208_162431.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	813.7 KB 
ID:	182842
    Sweet
    I have the same style barrel on my sw 5.56 i just ordered a full rail upper from midway bc they were on sale for 199 should be in tomorrow it was a have to thing since it was so cheap
    teedoff and almostgone like this.

Thread Information