Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree196Likes

Thread: What Motivates You?

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    Do you think that your cliché PTSD from being a marine could have contributed to the warping of your internal fecal reservoir?

They talk about how we sometimes experience 'psychosomatic' symptoms, like we might feel numbness in our hands even though there's nothing medically wrong with us.

I wonder if your traumatic memories of killing innocent children running to their grandparents with a loaf of bread caused a tension in your internal tissues leading to the aforementioned warp?

I'm not an expert on these things but so far I can only conclude that it was either A) Doing yoga on the toilet, B) PTSD psychosomaticity
    Have you ever had a psychological evaluation done before?

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Have you ever had a psychological evaluation done before?
    Half a dozen or so. Two of them were to assess me for a compensation case though so those two don't count.

Ya reckon I'm irrevocably psycho?

Is there any hope for me?

BuzzardMarinePumper is offline Knowledge Member on Prostate Cancer
    Blog Entries
    Half a dozen or so. Two of them were to assess me for a compensation case though so those two don't count.

Ya reckon I'm irrevocably psycho?

Is there any hope for me?

Oh yes you should be happy to hear that there has been a cure for weird like you for quite some time . Not outrageously expensive . Go to Walmart and buy 1/2 gallon of bleach .... mix 50/50 with lemonade and drink 2 16oz glasses then take 5 Benadryl and 2 melatonin go to sleep an you should not have any more issues with typing ignorant post to this or any forum ........... give this cure a try and get back with us if you can you are a worthless waste of air any way and i find it hard to believe unless you are introvert , that you have not already received a sever case of lead poisoning ?

Why do you choose this forum ? Why not one about assisting Bee's with making honey ?
    < <Samson> > likes this.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzardMarinePumper View Post
    Oh yes you should be happy to hear that there has been a cure for weird like you for quite some time . Not outrageously expensive . Go to Walmart and buy 1/2 gallon of bleach .... mix 50/50 with lemonade and drink 2 16oz glasses then take 5 Benadryl and 2 melatonin go to sleep an you should not have any more issues with typing ignorant post to this or any forum ........... give this cure a try and get back with us if you can you are a worthless waste of air any way and i find it hard to believe unless you are introvert , that you have not already received a sever case of lead poisoning ?

Why do you choose this forum ? Why not one about assisting Bee's with making honey ?

LMFAO

Fuck yeah! Thank you sir, I needed a good laugh to get my day started after getting my ass handed to me all week at work - boy, these 105+ temps are something

I think of him/her or whatever it is & the like in a different way now - it’s like, daum - u seriously got nothing better - it’s somewhat sad actually(not that I care)

But, there quite a few folk of this sort - like I said before, they/him make me feel better about myself - I may have brain damage. . . But, at least I’m still living a full life - them/him

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Hey I got a new wrinkle for you/yall ! I went to the Dr yesterday for a 1 week follow up and I have a boil in my butt crack , huge ! Top side of exit hole thank goodness ! He looked yesterday and after his previous comments of he did not like the color of the fluids coming from the boil . ...... Now thinks melanoma so did a very panful biopsy . I got 28 percs .

At 61 and still pushing with all I got and 3 hours a day in the gym 2017 . Get this

1. 1999 -tried to catch a PWC trailers tongue and snapped my bicep tendon

2. 2001 Had to have orthoscopic on left shoulder

3. 2002 I was ran over by a truck . Broke both clavicles , crushed the bottom half of right scapula , cracked the top half in 2 places , broke all my ribs (all some in 2 places) cracked my left hip , bruised my spline and split my liver .

4. 2004 left hip replacement

5. 2004 to 2018 had over 25 blood clots and 5 hit my lungs

6. 2017 right hip replaced and found out I had Prostrate Cancer (No treatment after all I have had if PC gets me then God's will)

7. 2018 left knee replaced

8. 2018 started have injections in my right ankle

9. L5 vertebrate and sub ? Spine started treatment and 2019 started epidural injections in my back

10. 2020 kink in my bowels and in a coma ( finally) about kicked my ass but I am still going and been in the gym 2 days this week and not like the other old farts lifting girl size weights

11. Now a damn boil on my butt and may be melanoma cancer will know in 2 weeks

12. VA has assigned me to a shrink and he asked me what my attitude was like and I said I love life and God loves me , I am at peace with the world ! He asked me about the God loves me part and I said he must he is trying everything possible to break me and we are still buddies . The shrinks wants to seem me again in 3 weeks and asked me if I had thoughts of hamming myself ? I asked him if he was crazy and replied the powers that be are doing plenty of that with no help from me . Now let me hear all young me bitch about your infirmities and are still in the gym after all this ? It is called a crazy ass Marine and adapt and over come ! I can do anything !

Let's Rock & Roll ! Lock and Load !
    I swear I think some of us if we didnt have bad luck we wouldn't have any luck. You know they say most things you have 50/50 chance like flipping a coin? I dont think it's true for everyone. I think some of us its like 30/70 or 20/80 and thats why some people everything just seems to come easy, 80/20. Eventually thinks do work out for the most part but we have to work 10x harder to get there.

Ive never had twisted/kink in my bowls (knock on wood) but I have had twisted testicles and a spermatacel that they had to open the ball sack (no endoscopy) and take everything out to remove the spermatacel and straighten things out. Felt like getting kicked in the balls every few days.

Hopefully the test results come back negative.

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    But, there quite a few folk of this sort - like I said before, they/him make me feel better about myself - I may have brain damage. . . But, at least I’m still living a full life - them/him
    Try keep your story straight. One minute you're neurologicallly intact, the next your brain damaged. This is nearly as bad as the time you kept saying that you died so you could scam a widow's pension for your wife.

Blog Entries

All I hear from this freak loser weirdo

Meghan, take it away - Yada Yada Yada

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E85AB507-824C-40DD-A65F-F8EA9A9803CF.jpeg 
Views:	18 
Size:	106.2 KB 
ID:	181119

Gawd, I love her

PS editing shit on here sucks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What Motivates You?-8d06c50c-b95e-477c-aa1c-d3cf09638075.jpg  
    Last edited by < <Samson> >; 06-09-2021 at 06:27 AM.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    I agree with many posts. Winning is what it is all about.

The thing is most people have no idea what winning is. They were brought up in a trophy for everyone world. USA is so full of fallacys and lack of education there is no target for winning. It took me 35 years to figure out winning is and my racist SOB father was pretty much spot on. Be the sniper, be smart, wait with patience, while the prey is eating kill. All the shit talk and beating chest crap is what losers do. Be the wolf in sheeps clothing.
    < <Samson> > likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicagotarsier View Post

The thing is most people have no idea what winning is. They were brought up in a trophy for everyone world. USA is so full of (fallacys) sp and lack of education there is no target for winning. It took me 35 years to figure out winning is and my racist SOB father was pretty much spot on. Be the sniper, be smart, wait with patience, while the prey is eating kill. All the shit talk and beating chest crap is what losers do. Be the wolf in sheeps sp clothing.
    What part of Asia do you call home . Not all that known for the winners of the world through history .
    Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 06-12-2021 at 05:10 AM.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Do you think that your cliché PTSD from being a marine could have contributed to the warping of your internal fecal reservoir?

They talk about how we sometimes experience 'psychosomatic' symptoms, like we might feel numbness in our hands even though there's nothing medically wrong with us.

I wonder if your traumatic memories of killing innocent children running to their grandparents with a loaf of bread caused a tension in your internal tissues leading to the aforementioned warp?

I'm not an expert on these things but so far I can only conclude that it was either A) Doing yoga on the toilet, B) PTSD psychosomaticity
    You better start treading lightly and thinking about what you post here.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicagotarsier View Post

The thing is most people have no idea what winning is. They were brought up in a trophy for everyone world. USA is so full of fallacys and lack of education there is no target for winning. It took me 35 years to figure out winning is and my racist SOB father was pretty much spot on. Be the sniper, be smart, wait with patience, while the prey is eating kill. All the shit talk and beating chest crap is what losers do. Be the wolf in sheeps clothing.
    What is “winning”? I’m not disagreeing with you that “winning” is a good thing, but it’s very vague and subjective. People with insecurities ask/seek for trophies and medals instead of the valuing the pursuit and achievement of their goals. Killing something while you are distant and secluded and they are at dinner is good? Pretending to be something other than yourself is good? If those are your ideals where you live . . . .

But, personally I would appreciate it if you do live outside the USA, you not single out & badmouth the USA.

Blog Entries
    This really needed to be said . This guy is just s PITA to all who post anything

You, almostgone and < <Samson> > like this.

This really needed to be said . This guy is just s PITA to all who post anything
    Buzzard, I think that you poke enough fun at people for it to be okay for them poke fun back at you -- but I was wrong to bring military service into it.

People live in safety and freedom around the world because of marines and soldiers who risk death so that civilians can get up in the morning, eat eggs on toast and go to work their 9 to 5, and then see their significant other and children again in the evening while they eat steak and potato mash. Marines risk their lives so that civilians can enjoy theirs.

Post-traumatic stress disorder (shell shock) is a real and serious condition, and there are war veterans who went to serve their country overseas, and who have come home and tried to integrate back into society, but have had great difficulty (or found it impossible) in doing so. There isn't anything noble about making light of these people's plight. I am particularly sympathetic to war veteran Andrew Brannan, who I feel should not have been found guilty as it was clear from the video footage that he wasn't in his right mind -- and I also feel that more could have been done for him when he arrived home from risking his life for others.

I wish to apologise to you Buzzard for lampooning military service the way I did, and the consequences it can have for people who try to return to normal life. I was wrong to do that.

That part about yoga on the toilet still stands though, and in fact I might make a video to demonstrate the technique.
    BG and BuzzardMarinePumper like this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer

You, almostgone and < <Samson> > like this.
    No, Buzz, I did not give his offensive post a like. I gave a like to BGs post where he gave Kimbo a warning. I also moved Kimbo's offensive post to junk.

Edit: I left Kimbo's apology.
    Last edited by almostgone; 06-15-2021 at 08:09 AM.
    BuzzardMarinePumper and BG like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    No, Buzz, I did not give his offensive post a like. I gave a like to BGs post where he gave Kimbo a warning. I also moved Kimbo's offensive post to junk.

Yeah, that “don’t even kno what to call him” doesn’t get much likes from me - def not on that one

Very good friend just suffered a stroke on Sunday. We’ve known the couple for 35+ years and we were going to celebrate her 60th this Saturday. Her husband said she has her motor function but is confused and saying bizarre things.

My motivation has changed paths just a bit.
    Test Monsterone likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Very good friend just suffered a stroke on Sunday. We’ve known the couple for 35+ years and we were going to celebrate her 60th this Saturday. Her husband said she has her motor function but is confused and saying bizarre things.

Very sorry to hear brother - you’re the 3rd in line for bad news this AM - and, it’s only 7am

Best wishes to your friend

Very sorry to hear brother - you’re the 3rd in line for bad news this AM - and, it’s only 7am

Best wishes to your friend
    Thank you Samson. I really don’t anyone to say sorry though. The point is that maybe we should focus more of our energy in fighting live’s hurdles and enjoy the fact that we are alive and functioning. I mean ffs, you survived a brain hemorrhage, Buzz a coma and you are still hitting the gym?

Have wonderful days gents.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post

So sorry to hear man ! I just lost my father and some days are hell ! I wish your friend the best and remember Only by the grace of God og you and I ........ I think your faith is different from mine but those are still great words to remember and said by Just a man !

Oliver47 is offline Junior Member
    What motivates me? FREEDOM. Freedom to chose to do whatever I want with my time. If I want to write a college assignment, I do it. If I don't want, I just delegate it to https://www.topwritersreview.com/top...ting-services/ . Freedom to spend money without worrying about running out. Freedom to help the people I love in any way required. Freedom from financial worries. Freedom to work or not work. Bottom line FREEDOM to control my destiny on my own terms. Thanks.
    Last edited by Oliver47; 06-16-2021 at 05:08 AM.

Blog Entries
    I am very aware we don’t need people’s sorry’s - I feel that way

It’s just sucky to hear - so, it’s that kinda sorry

Today’s lightened leg workout - repping this shit 6-8x

How’s that for motivation after being where I was

Name:	BB5003E7-C01D-4E27-B7D4-B11C4D040D2F.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	181131
    wango likes this.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by < > View Post

Fucking A! You go. I am going to see an orthopedic surgeon today because my knee is fucked up. I am living in pain to do legs. I sort of take pain killers to get through a workout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    < <Samson> > likes this.

Of course, and I really appreciated it. Sounds like my friend got discharged, but still may have to have some blood drained if the pressure builds instead of diminishing.

That’s one shiny leg press, you almost need sunglasses, lol. But that is one motivational workout, congrats!
    < <Samson> > likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    I wish i could post what motivates me but admin may frown on the xxx nudity
    wango and < <Samson> > like this.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The DR asked if I took steroids .... nope- all natural here.... then he Injects steroids in my knee. LMFAO

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    Fucking A! You go. I am going to see an orthopedic surgeon today because my knee is fucked up. I am living in pain to do legs. I sort of take pain killers to get through a workout.

Good luck with that brother . Had to have my knee replaced ! It started with that 1st injection ....did manage to hold off about 6 year but I wish I would have had it done right off because I was younger and knee rehab ain't no cake walk !

Blog Entries
    I watch my joints & my whole body constantly

It’s truly amazing to be this intact at this point & I would love to keep it going as long as possible.

No way to predict certain things, that’s for sure. . . But, I am doing my best to not be self destructive.

That 630 is knees to chest - I’ve done 720 since coming back - but, what is the real point? I did this for 4 sets - then did 45 pound single leg presses until my quads felt like they would explode.

Dreaded leg day

I only wind up doing legs every other week at best

Blog Entries
    I watch my joints & my whole body constantly

It’s truly amazing to be this intact at this point & I would love to keep it going as long as possible.

No way to predict certain things, that’s for sure. . . But, I am doing my best to not be self destructive.

That 630 is knees to chest - I’ve done 720 since coming back - but, what is the real point? I did this for 4 sets - then did 45 pound single leg presses until my quads felt like they would explode.

Dreaded leg day

I only wind up doing legs every other week at best
    Not a good leg day unless you think your gonna puke and actually do from time to time
    < <Samson> > likes this.

Blog Entries
    Not a good leg day unless you think your gonna puke and actually do from time to time
    Truth. . . Lol

I could barely walk up the stairs yesterday. . . I’m all about volume & not insane weight - now

Back at the gym rn for fasted cardio

Rickybig is offline New Member
    What motivates me? Sport! I love doing sport, especially I enjoiy running. After running I'm more pleased and satisfied with myself. I created a reward system for myself: 30 minutes of sleep or booking a massage, buying something pleasant. Now I'm reading about foot locker gift card https://giftcards-market.com/downloa...ker-gift-card/ so I can choose a gift for myself at the end of each month.
    Last edited by Rickybig; 10-10-2021 at 03:41 AM.

Blog Entries
    Being able to look like this after what I went through is pretty motivational to me at least Click image for larger version. 

Name:	228281F6-0E14-4EE8-AA9B-F9BDAEA67BDD.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	394.4 KB 
ID:	181379

Fiskevatten is offline Member
    Motivation is a a super hard subject imo since itīs fleeting.
    It changes based on on so many variables that it aint even funny, and most good (emphasize on good) life coaches pushes towards ignoring
    motivation as a whole and focus on will.
    Itīs similar to changing the word "should" in actions to "want" in actions.

I have tried to speculate on that a lot since the times I do feel motivated, itīs too short-lived and I canīt replicate the same feeling
    with the same method almost always.

So changing "what motivates me" to "what drives me" is still hard, but at least I can see a pattern.
    - Giving/ Sharing
    This may sound like trying to score moral points, but itīs truly amazing helping people you donīt know with nothing in return. I even nod, smile and say goodmorning or have a good day to all who
    meet my eyes (Yes, I am that annoying guy lol).
    Seeing someone fall and help them up, someone gets bullied and you intervene, someone canīt carry her bags to the car and you help, someone need a wall put up and you lend your hands (no no, not talking about trumps wall).
    It doesnīt have to be money, can easily be a hand gesture or an ear as well.

- Human interaktion! I have anxiety and can sometimes get truly uncomfortable beeing focused on, but I love it! We westerners especially are killing social interaktions and any form of physical approach to someone
    not comfortable today is equal rape. I am trying to change that.
    The PC-era and social networks has done so much damage unfortunately.

- Health and fitness, this one is a given and I donīt have to explan that. I also wanna throw in sex, since I feel much less of a man and valued if I donīt get sex. I know itīs not healthy, but damn I love
    that as well!

- Travel, by far the best thing you can do in life! Exploring other cultures and nature is unbelievable amazing! Combine that with some adrenaline here and there on an MC, great party or bungy-jump, even better!

- I really wanna remove the money part! That was my drive and I have started to earn more. However, it has just made me LESS thankful and I hate that... But it does give me the freedom to not worry
    and do what I want with above, so I need to shift my focus and mindset.

- Lastly and MOST important! Family, we donīt choose them and it doesnīt have to be by blood, we know who our family is and we would die for them over and over if we could. Giving them a better life
    is definitely the number 1 spot.

I wanna end it with saying holy fcking hell some of you guys impress me! I complain of a little issues here and there, but some of you have met a Tornado more than ones and the Tornado ran away crying.
    And very sad to hear that some of you are going through a tough time, it always changes perspective on things.

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Posted this on my Facebook years ago and in a blog post.

"Forget motivation. It is a comical and a misleading state of mind that isn't worth your time. Better to cultivate discipline than to rely on motivation. Force yourself to do things, to get out of bed, to go the gym, to work harder and smarter; force yourself to do stuff when you don't feel like doing anything.

Motivation is fleeting, and it's easy to rely on because it requires no concentrated effort to get. Motivation comes to you, and you don't even have to chase after it.

Discipline is reliable; motivation is momentary. The real question isn't how to keep yourself motivated; it's how to train yourself to work without it."

Blog Entries
    Motivation my dick

I’ll find it, wherever l it may be - as long as I have physical health

It’s real a downer to workout or even thinking about working out when the side of your head feels like it’s on fire

As long as I got physical health - I’m golden.

My working out/fitness keeps my mental health in check better than anything else I have ever found.

Working out/lifting/fitness doesn’t even really require my motivation anymore - it’s my outlet.
    paulzane and Honkey_Kong like this.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    Posted this on my Facebook years ago and in a blog post.

"Forget motivation. It is a comical and a misleading state of mind that isn't worth your time. Better to cultivate discipline than to rely on motivation. Force yourself to do things, to get out of bed, to go the gym, to work harder and smarter; force yourself to do stuff when you don't feel like doing anything.

Motivation is fleeting, and it's easy to rely on because it requires no concentrated effort to get. Motivation comes to you, and you don't even have to chase after it.

Discipline is reliable; motivation is momentary. The real question isn't how to keep yourself motivated; it's how to train yourself to work without it."

Love

Currently Reading

Your blog reminded me of this commencement address.

https://youtu.be/pxBQLFLei70
    tarmyg likes this.

Blog Entries
    As I was saying

I’d gladly be at the gym today, if my arm didn’t swell from yesterday’s right tri shot

Fucker gave me a fever & swole up my arm about 30% by the end of the day

Don’t know if it’s oil caused or technique

New vial of deca tho, old AF - but, still looks good

Pulled a droplet of blood into the barrel - don’t know
    JaneDoe likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information