Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree440Likes

Thread: Nfl!

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Fucking Broncos…

Oh I wanted to believe so badly…
    Cylon357 likes this.

Love this, I’ve got a few things I need to reply to you on but succinctly. WOW

Any Given Sunday…

The NFL is a trip, I mean seriously…

Hit the nail on he head Cy…again.

This needs to be a weekly column, I look forward to the write ups now
    Cylon357 likes this.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    So the 0 and 9 lions defense has time to design a special Thanksgiving celebration skit just in case they make an interception ?

Is it me, but is Troy a little drunk or high?

BTW random shit: Jerry Jones going off on Cooper missing 2 games? Hell yeah Jerry! Vegas is not a pushover and today can be another loss, particularly without Lamb. Plus, is Zeek ok?

Happy Thanksgiving guys.

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Cylon's Overpriced and Longwinded NFL Observations are forthcoming, friggin' family has me occupied...
    DinAZ and SampsonandDelilah like this.

Big game for my lowly Donkeys and your underachieving Bolts this weekend…
    Cylon357 and DinAZ like this.

DinAZ is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    Big game for my lowly Donkeys and your underachieving Bolts this weekend…
    It’s wild how much things can change in 4-6 weeks! Broncos looked really solid early on and the Chiefs looked pedestrian. Now the Chiefs are back to looking like contenders.

Denver just needs more offense, they have fantastic D. Only 183 points scored against them is #3 in all of NFL. Patriots are #1 with 177 and Bills are #2 with 182, so Broncos are darn close to the best defense but it goes to waste. They probably would be the best D if they had an offense that could move the ball and keep the D off the field more.

Hope y’all are having a great holiday weekend! I haven’t been very active lately…Lots of work + low T & E2 levels has sapped my energy but I’m seeing a great new Doc that is going to help me get my hormones right.
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DinAZ View Post
    It’s wild how much things can change in 4-6 weeks! Broncos looked really solid early on and the Chiefs looked pedestrian. Now the Chiefs are back to looking like contenders.

Denver just needs more offense, they have fantastic D. Only 183 points scored against them is #3 in all of NFL. Patriots are #1 with 177 and Bills are #2 with 182, so Broncos are darn close to the best defense but it goes to waste. They probably would be the best D if they had an offense that could move the ball and keep the D off the field more.

Hope y’all are having a great holiday weekend! I haven’t been very active lately…Lots of work + low T & E2 levels has sapped my energy but I’m seeing a great new Doc that is going to help me get my hormones right.

Couldn’t agree more! All the best and sending good vibes…

Happy belated Thanksgiving!
    DinAZ likes this.

Blog Entries
    Part 1

Could the ding dang Dallas Cowboys let us Chargers fans down ANY more this season?? Their record against the AFC west is 1 and 3. The single victory came against the Chargers, while they took beatings against the rest of the AFC West. Granted, the Chargers really did beat themselves with penalties against the Cowboys, but c'mon, Cowboys! I would have preferred you sweep the AFC West that let it dang near sweep YOU! And a loss is a loss, whether it was dumb penalties or just getting beat by a better team.

That said, Chargers have GOT to start playing like they are capable. Going to be going home in December... errr, early January this year playing like you are right this minute. That Steelers game... 4th Quarter... I nearly went INSANE. Like "OK, well, I'm going to turn this TV off now and go to bed now". But I didn't, of course.

Credit to the Steelers in that 4th quarter at least. Holy moly, did they swing the momentum there!

I'll be back, I had a lull in family expectations. I am now un-lulled
    DinAZ and SampsonandDelilah like this.

Blog Entries
    Part 2

Speaking of the Cowboys, man, what is wrong there? Dak looks a little off now and then but his receivers have got to give him some help. And by help I mean "catch the dang ball when it hits you in the numbers".

Anndddd speaking of receivers, What. The. Heck. is wrong in NOLA? Receivers STILL dropping balls like they are a dinner check. Two of the traditional NFC contenders (Dal and NO) and their guys cant execute. Frustrating.

I don't even remember: Did the Raiders look good or was Dallas just bad on Thanksgiving?

Thanksgiving. Bears and Lions. Does anyone really care? I mean, outside of Chi-town and Detroit Rock City #KissRocks.

Watching college ball right now with the fam. Apparently, one Alabama school is playing another Alabama school. I think it means something to college football fans?

Blog Entries
    Part 3

This upcoming week. Man, there isn't a lot of stellar match-ups.

But there are a couple of interest....

Rams at Packers. Will the Rams shoot the works off season spending enable them to edge one of the top two teams in the NFC AT Lambeau? They are going to have to play the game to know for sure, but both these 3 loss teams... anybody else think they are under performing? Like, I would expect domination on both sides of the ball from these teams, but I haven't seen it. Mind you, I haven't seen many of either teams games, so it is possible I have no clue what I am talking about.

Underperformers. It would be remiss of me to not mention Seahawks v WFT. Russel Wilson is still a sold QB, so what's the problem with the 'Hawks? WFT... you know, are there ANY WFT fans out there? Anybody?

Buccaneers at Colts. Can the 6 and 5 Indy team take advantage of Tampa's road woes? Cylon-a-damus says no. Bucs are going to pummel the Colts, mostly because Ariens is expecting everyone fit and healthy. If the Tampa D tightens up and plays like it can, gonna be a long day for Indy.

Falcons v Jaguars
    Jets v Texans
    Does anyone care about these games?

Finally, Chargers v Broncos. Will Fangio's D be able to befuddle Herbert and the high powered passing attack of the Chargers? No clue. We will have to play the game to see. Herbert can get rattled and when he does, he starts throwing more like the 2nd year guy he is vs the flashes of "football brilliance" that he more often shows. The Bolts do have a serious run threat in Ekeler, but man, this team lives and dies on the performance of the passing game.

The Broncos, are, I think, better than their 5 and 5 record suggests. Not sure who their leading rusher is, but expect them to feast on this porous Chargers run D. The Broncos... have they actually found a starting QB to build on, or are they angling for draft pick? Too soon to say. Expect Bridgewater's stock to shift one way or the other based on his performance against this passing D. Especially Bosa. He can go unnoticed for a few plays, but when he is BOOM goes the dynamite.

Fun week, even if we don't have stellar matchups upcoming!

Blog Entries
    Ok, so the Colts are making me look like a goober. Hanging tough with the Bucs. This is a good game so far.

Titans / Patriots looks like it could get fun!
    DinAZ likes this.

Blog Entries
    Alright, so the Bucs / Colts played out exactly like I called it. No no no, don't go look for what I said earlier. Just trust me. Would I lie to you?

Seriously though, that was an exciting game. Watching Chargers / Broncos right now (thank you, vpn). Nobody on either side of the ball has done anything dumb.... yet.

Blog Entries
    Well, now we have a 3 way tie for 2nd (and also, last) place in the AFC West. Firgging Bolts.

Congrats @SampsonandDelilah!

See you in LA in few weeks!

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    Alright, so the Bucs / Colts played out exactly like I called it. No no no, don't go look for what I said earlier. Just trust me. Would I lie to you?

Seriously though, that was an exciting game. Watching Chargers / Broncos right now (thank you, vpn). Nobody on either side of the ball has done anything dumb.... yet.
    Spoke too soon??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    Spoke too soon??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As is frequently the case. Why do you think most of my posts are recaps, not predictions lol!
    charger69 likes this.

Well, now we have a 3 way tie for 2nd (and also, last) place in the AFC West. Firgging Bolts.

Congrats @SampsonandDelilah!

See you in LA in few weeks!

Ugh, other than Javonte Williams and some halfway decent defense, there isn’t much to get excited about.

3rd and goal to go from the 9 and we hand the ball off…this staff has ZERO confidence in Locke, and why should they. He somehow manages to get worse every year.

Bridgewater is nothing but a glorified game manager and Jeudy, Sutton and Fant combined for 6 catches…6!!

We are not as good as our record and can only play with a lead. God forbid we’re behind and have to push the ball downfield, it isn’t going to happen.

How can anyone not love Austin Eckler? So proud of our hometown kid. Just an all around complete back, so fun to watch and gets NO national love. What a shame…

We’ll take the W but I didn’t see much to get excited about other then our two rookies…Surtain and Williams are the real deal.

We have a whole bunch of AFC west games left to play. Yikes…
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Ugh, other than Javonte Williams and some halfway decent defense, there isn’t much to get excited about.

3rd and goal to go from the 9 and we hand the ball off…this staff has ZERO confidence in Locke, and why should they. He somehow manages to get worse every year.

Bridgewater is nothing but a glorified game manager and Jeudy, Sutton and Fant combined for 6 catches…6!!

We are not as good as our record and can only play with a lead. God forbid we’re behind and have to push the ball downfield, it isn’t going to happen.

How can anyone not love Austin Eckler? So proud of our hometown kid. Just an all around complete back, so fun to watch and gets NO national love. What a shame…

We’ll take the W but I didn’t see much to get excited about other then our two rookies…Surtain and Williams are the real deal.

We have a whole bunch of AFC west games left to play. Yikes…
    Man, sometimes all you can do is take the W. And it sure beats taking the L.

I think the Broncos have 4 remaining AFC West games, and the Chargers have 3. It is looking like KC's division AGAIN this year, but if they catch another slump (not likely), this thing gets wild!

Blog Entries
    And now, WFT and Seattle are making this game interesting!

I gotta stick to recaps, not predictions.

Blog Entries
    Man, for a game that at the half was 9 to 9, WFT vs Seattle got REAL good. If you just watched the 4th quarter, you would have been stunned. Heck, there was more excitement in the last 5 minutes than I think there was all game (though I did not watch the whole game).

And don't you know, I mean DON'T YOU KNOW, that there is a special teams player for the Seahawks feeling about as low as a snail's belly?

Man, for a game that at the half was 9 to 9, WFT vs Seattle got REAL good. If you just watched the 4th quarter, you would have been stunned. Heck, there was more excitement in the last 5 minutes than I think there was all game (though I did not watch the whole game).

And don't you know, I mean DON'T YOU KNOW, that there is a special teams player for the Seahawks feeling about as low as a snail's belly?
    That was the most exciting extra point I’ve ever seen and Joey Slye hit the turf like a sniper shot him. Appreciate his hustle at least…Teddy Bridgewater could learn a thing or two from that kicker.

How about Taylor Heinicke?! I thought he looked pretty fucking good and was balling out for a while. I’ve chased my share of quarterbacks and I thought he looked as slick as Russel moving in and out of the pocket. Not too bad for a guy who was on his couch this time last year. Remember Kurt Warner?

My point is it’s never too late sometimes. I think Washington may have found a QB. Sad they wasted that pick on Haskins. The NFL draft is like spinning the roulette wheel a lot of the time…

Helluva game for one that had no business being on prime time! Awful seeing Mckissic go out like that too. He’s another helluva story. Undrafted FA out of Arkansas State who has more RB receptions over the past two years than both Alvin Kamara and Christian McCaffery. Not bad company huh!

I also love Ron Rivera, call him a kindred spirit of mine after what he went through. The dude is a fucking warrior.

People forget he took the underdog Panthers to the Super Bowl and won a ring with the 85 Bears. Ya, the 85 Bears. Ya know, the best defense EVER.

The guy was the 44th overall pick in the draft, I’d say he knows a thing or two about football and the Redskins, errr, I mean the WFT are essentially a shit show thanks to their joke of an owner. Snyder is a clown and is so lucky to have Rivera there.

Long winded but damn, that was a good ass game last night and what a fucking season so far!
    Cylon357 likes this.

In case anyone missed Rasheem Green in his 6’4” 280 pound glory using his head to block a kick and then gliding down the field like AP for a quick 2!!

Get some big man!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ib5Q_sBrvdg

(Forgive the awful commentary)
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    That was the most exciting extra point I’ve ever seen and Joey Slye hit the turf like a sniper shot him. Appreciate his hustle at least…Teddy Bridgewater could learn a thing or two from that kicker.

How about Taylor Heinicke?! I thought he looked pretty fucking good and was balling out for a while. I’ve chased my share of quarterbacks and I thought he looked as slick as Russel moving in and out of the pocket. Not too bad for a guy who was on his couch this time last year. Remember Kurt Warner?

My point is it’s never too late sometimes. I think Washington may have found a QB. Sad they wasted that pick on Haskins. The NFL draft is like spinning the roulette wheel a lot of the time…

Helluva game for one that had no business being on prime time! Awful seeing Mckissic go out like that too. He’s another helluva story. Undrafted FA out of Arkansas State who has more RB receptions over the past two years than both Alvin Kamara and Christian McCaffery. Not bad company huh!

I also love Ron Rivera, call him a kindred spirit of mine after what he went through. The dude is a fucking warrior.

People forget he took the underdog Panthers to the Super Bowl and won a ring with the 85 Bears. Ya, the 85 Bears. Ya know, the best defense EVER.

The guy was the 44th overall pick in the draft, I’d say he knows a thing or two about football and the Redskins, errr, I mean the WFT are essentially a shit show thanks to their joke of an owner. Snyder is a clown and is so lucky to have Rivera there.

Long winded but damn, that was a good ass game last night and what a fucking season so far!
    All of this, brother, spot on!

Response coming, but damn, you nailed it.

This just randomly popped up on Facebook. I’m new to watching the NFL religiously. Damn, was this guy a notorious beast week in and week out?

Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    This just randomly popped up on Facebook. I’m new to watching the NFL religiously. Damn, was this guy a notorious beast week in and week out?
    I do not remember him, but man, TBI anyone?
    wango likes this.

I do not remember him, but man, TBI anyone?
    Googled him. Apparently talented, but career tainted by PED suspensions. Oh yeah, old school/throw back type, fearless-maniac on the field. Saw the tape, he was miked up that entire game by the NFL (apparently because he is so entertaining). The dude is nuts, but nothing but pure energy and love for the game. After the head butt, his face was pouring blood yet still clowning around on the sidelines like nothing happened.

Lesson to all kids out there, say no to PEDs. LOL
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Googled him. Apparently talented, but career tainted by PED suspensions. Oh yeah, old school/throw back type, fearless-maniac on the field. Saw the tape, he was miked up that entire game by the NFL (apparently because he is so entertaining). The dude is nuts, but nothing but pure energy and love for the game. After the head butt, his face was pouring blood yet still clowning around on the sidelines like nothing happened.

Lesson to all kids out there, say no to PEDs. LOL
    This drives me bananas, man. How can the NFL "just say no" to PEDs?? Sure keep an eye on blood work markers, try to make sure no one is going to have a stroke on field etc, but to discourage and punish PED use while simultaneously encouraging and rewarding higher levels of performance is hypocrisy.

Pheh, trigger alert over. Me raising my BP doesn't change the NFLs behavior.
    wango likes this.

This drives me bananas, man. How can the NFL "just say no" to PEDs?? Sure keep an eye on blood work markers, try to make sure no one is going to have a stroke on field etc, but to discourage and punish PED use while simultaneously encouraging and rewarding higher levels of performance is hypocrisy.

Pheh, trigger alert over. Me raising my BP doesn't change the NFLs behavior.
    Oh I totally agree, particularly now after being on this forum and using TRT dosages of test and only 1 I.u. Of HGH.

You have to have talent (first and foremost), eat right and work your ass off. To think that the AAS gives you sudden super-human powers is the public’s distorted view on this stuff. I now look at the whole baseball steroid scandal differently. Where prior to being here I thought no hall of fame for these guys, now, not an issue.

In football, are you kidding me. It should be part of their daily routine. And BTW, I am not a pot head, but for pain, marijuana is a smart tool and why it’s still stigmatized is beyond me.

However, that said - I can envision future tv commercials featuring brands of pot and AAS as the official pot and gear of the NFL.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Can’t see the video…who is it?

Let me guess.

David Boston

Brian Cushing

Bill Romanowski

All 3 notorious juice heads with a temper lol
    wango likes this.

Can’t see the video…who is it?

Let me guess.

David Boston

Brian Cushing

Bill Romanowski

All 3 notorious juice heads with a temper lol
    Bingo! Brian Cushing.

Nice one S & D! Got to admit. Watching what’s available on him on YouTube and the guy is ENTERTAINING!

Bingo! Brian Cushing.

Nice one S & D! Got to admit. Watching what’s available on him on YouTube and the guy is ENTERTAINING!
    His before and after pics are hilarious. He was a monster at USC. A perfect example of an amazing athlete and gifted hard working football player who gets introduced to steroids . Perfect recipe for a savage animal
    wango and DinAZ like this.

His before and after pics are hilarious. He was a monster at USC. A perfect example of an amazing athlete and gifted hard working football player who gets introduced to steroids. Perfect recipe for a savage animal
    I remember Jim McMahon interviews in the 80’s saying that Steve McMichael & Dan Hampton were a little “off” mentally as well. I stopped watching football after Peyton retired. Yikes, that’s over 30 years. Really am enjoying it again.

Side note, man is Stafford getting scrutinized here in the Los Angeles sports section. Already comparisons to Goff are popping up. Folks jumping off the Herbert wagon as well; professional sports fans are temperamental.

Oh yeah, another Antonio Brown jewel, LMAO.

OK, so here is a sincere question. I started TRT after stopping playing any recreational sports. 1980’s basketball for pickup games was definitely in line with the Bad boys of the Detroit Pistons, so if you played at a higher level publicly in pick up games, you had better be ready (not football contact, but fights were regular). Kickboxing sparring got feisty as well. So I wouldn’t know if just testosterone would have changed my attitude with those.

After being here for a while it almost seems that roid-rage is more of a public myth than what really happens. Granted tren is a completely different story and even 125 mg./week got me into trouble due to my changed personality.

So finally, the question . Do you think the gear would really effect NFL players noticeably psychologically? Do you think they are loading up on massive dosages during the season? I mean clearly these dudes are bigger, faster & more powerful. I don’t think it’s the quality of the creative & protein powder they are using, lol. How about another street drug like PCP. PCP changes your physiology so you have less fear, less sensation of pain and it allows greater strength.

Not trying to be intrusive, I think that I read that you played college football. What’s your take?
    DinAZ likes this.

There’s no doubts that hormonal fluctuations can increase aggression and mood swings but I think it’s been wayyyyy overblown by the media and in popular culture. Roid rage is cliché in my opinion and I’d argue that a lot guys that have experienced it or are susceptible to it have underlying personality and aggression issues regardless.

I did play collegiately (D1) and roids weren’t prevalent in the locker rooms really at all (certainly not like now with the click of a button). Andro and creatine were really gaining popularity and I did take some Dbol a few times that some guys brought back from a spring break trip to Mexico and certainly didn’t take it as it’s intended to be taken.

Shortly after my senior season I tried an injectable for the first time…preloaded Organon Deca cartridges and did them (testosterone free) for 10 weeks and managed to put on some size but never until then. Never had any anger issues but I managed to keep my bell from getting rung a lot. That was the first time I’d seen anything that wasn’t a pill.

I really think the biggest underlying problem is CTE and traumatic head injuries/concussions that are swept under the rug. Now those I’ve seen first hand and witnessed guys at the college level really start to change after repeated head trauma. (Hostile, impulsive, amnesiac, manic)

I can only imagine how accelerated it becomes at the professional level. We see more and more “crazy” behavior these days in guys that have never been associated with steroids . Seemingly normal guys suddenly suffering from erratic behavior and impulse control that quickly spiral out of control. I know some guys in the league and the school I attended churned out some pros that I occasionally see at alumni functions and we’ve spoken about it. CTE is real and the revamped “concussion protocols” are still a joke. It’s so subjective, guys can say whatever they want to expedite getting back on the field.

Now couple that with a guy that has T levels of 4000, is being encouraged to cause mayhem and an untreated neurological condition and it’s a recipe for a disaster…call it a perfect storm. That’s my take anyways. The classic “roid rage” is blown out of proportion.

Look at the guys I mentioned earlier, Cushing, Romanowki, Mandarich, Alzado.

All were lunatics but suffered greatly with concussions, steroids and off field issues. In my opinion those are all the perfect ingredients for a crazy recipe and the gridiron provides the perfect kitchen…
    wango likes this.

bullshark99 is offline Senior Member
    I knew Dan Hampton back in the early 80’s, to say he was a little off mentally is quite the understatement. All’s Hampton and his buddy Mike Hartenstein did was drink beer and workout. They would pound beer while working out.
    Just saw Hampton just got pinched for his 4th DUI in Indiana last week, some things don’t change….
    SampsonandDelilah and wango like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bullshark99 View Post
    I knew Dan Hampton back in the early 80’s, to say he was a little off mentally is quite the understatement. All’s Hampton and his buddy Mike Hartenstein did was drink beer and workout. They would pound beer while working out.
    Just saw Hampton just got pinched for his 4th DUI in Indiana last week, some things don’t change….

Another couple of maniacs off of that 85 Bears team…

Quote Originally Posted by bullshark99 View Post
    What a team and what a season. Huge regret - 46 points in the Super Bowl and no touchdown runs for sweetness; nice one Ditka . . . .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nfl!-eeeb1d3a-857b-40b5-bcee-bc758ee8d94e.jpeg  

Blog Entries
    Holy cats, the local CBS channel is showing Chargers v Bengals!!!! Here I am getting all ready to post about games and The. Game. Is. On!!!

I thought it was a late afternoon game. It is not. I shall return after the game

Blog Entries
    I had to watch this twice to be sure, but Keenan Allen to Justin Herbert for the two-point conversion.

No, that's not backwards...
    SampsonandDelilah and DinAZ like this.

Love both of these QB’s. The next generation for sure…Chargers jumping out early. Nice to see them get big Mike W involved early.

Let’s go Bungles, lol.

BIG game for my Donkeys tonight…it’s basically our season.

Well TB was having a great day. Pick 6. When he took off his helmet, I don’t think I’ve ever seen him look so dazed before.

DinAZ is offline Associate Member
    I’m enjoying today’s games but tomorrow is what has me really hyped. Patriots vs Bills on MNF!

This is 1 of 2 games they will play between now and end of season. The Bills are one game behind the Pats. The Pats have a fairly easy schedule besides those games, and the Bills have some easy matchups but also play the Bucs.

The Pats-Bills matchup has huge playoff implications because a sweep by either team good possibly push the other team out of a wild card birth, especially the Bills since they are 1 game back and have a tougher remaining schedule. I’m a Pats fan but a part of me hopes they split. I wouldn’t mind Pats winning division and seeing both teams make the playoffs because this Bills team is fun to watch when they bring their A game.

The Pats and Cards are my favorite AFC/NFC teams so I’d love to see them face off in a Super Bowl one day (this year would work)!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information