Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Grappler_Mike is offline New Member
    Tyson wouldnt have the patience for a MMA fight anyway.

Can you imagine him in someones guard,he would get extremly frustrated and either gas himself out or bite.

Another thing about Tysons punching,in his boxing matches even against tomatoe cans,he doesnt just walk up to them and end the fight with his first punch..

I still hold to my opinion that even against C class MMA fighters he would loose most of the time.

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    if tyson got into it when he was young he would be great, but thats like having football players play rugby and vise versa. its totally different and hard to compare thats why i posted, but i still think shamrock would win

HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member
    Gotta agree w/ Cyto on this one.... (Tyson might have a harder punch then Abbot but nobody knows $hit when it comes to real stats), Unless Tyson gets that lucky haymaker on Shamrock, doubt it it b/c he'll be double-legged so fast, then fight will probably end right there, but the odds of that are slim. What it comes down to is that wrestler/grapplers will beat a boxer in a UFC fight. And in street fights as well imo

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Anyone see the post UFC 48 press conference. Tito started an argument with Ken and he was pissed!

Quote Originally Posted by scottp999
    Anyone see the post UFC 48 press conference. Tito started an argument with Ken and he was pissed!
    they are definately going to fight again... is the interview on the internet anywhere??

sp9
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrizz
    they are definately going to fight again... is the interview on the internet anywhere??
    Yes I d/l it..looking....top of this page. The argument is near the end....

http://mma-fighter.com/interviews/

sp9
    Also a few highlights here:

http://www.bjjfighter.com/Video/

Quote Originally Posted by scottp999
    Also a few highlights here:

http://www.bjjfighter.com/Video/
    my friggin computer wont unzip files i dont know whats wrong

skinjob is offline Associate Member
    many of you seem to think ken can't take a punch. now a tyson punch is no average punch but then neither are those that have managed to connect with shamrock!

its simplistic to say that one or the other would win. kens repertoire is far more extensive and adaptable. i think in boxing, its clear tyson would win. or would he? he is getting a bit past it these days

i just think ken is better. bah!

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    no

Tyson would win hands down,

tyson knocks people out with 16oz gloves on, your telling me that ken shamrock or ANYBODY for that matter could brush off a blow from the hand of tyson? I don't know

It entirely would be decided if ken shamrock put him on the ground in the beginning of the fight

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    at the end of the day, UFC is basically fighting, its beatin someone down. You have ure own style and thats that, weather it be kendo, boxing, karate whatever. BUT, now heres the thing... Tyson is a street fighter, thats his style, in a bar brawl, a street fight he would absolutly kill anyone, he a phyco.

My vote goes for Tyson

if shamrock kicked him in the legs tyson would fall like bricks

rugger2 is offline New Member
    Ken Shamrock Wins Hands Down

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    No holds Shamrock might of got him. I don't know that would be a good ass fight.

Cyto78 is offline Junior Member
    Don't think it woud be a good fight at all!Street fighting involves grappling as well as strikes...Ken has both.....Tyson knows how to strike and bite.......biting is all he would be able to resort to when Ken slammed his ass......and im sure if he bit Ken while down Ken would bite back and then break his arms and maybe ankles too....depending on what kind of mood he was in.There is a reason boxers do not fight in MMA...although a few have and lost very very quickly......it isnt just because of money its because their reputations on the line...knowing they would lose there is no way they would ruin that...........Tyson with the right kind of training under his belt might be able to be good in a couple of years.

Why Ken Shamrock?

Why not middleweight Frank Shamrock...

Or are the person whose style I trained in... Bas Rutten.

Greets
    Kingofmasters

Quote Originally Posted by kingofmasters
    Why Ken Shamrock?

Greets
    Kingofmasters

He would get ruined bye Frank and Bas.......Frank would snap his arm and Bas would throw one of those thunderous kicks down on his head....he would get crumbled........ these two may be better fighters than Ken IMO........Frank is beyond awesome.....

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    tyson, his speed and power would prevail. shamrock could get lucky and take down tyson to the mat and then shamrock would probably win. in my opinion all that jui jitsu ground sh!t is for people with no heart for real fighting

Ridla is offline Associate Member
    Tyson would know him the....FUK OUT!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by craneboy
    tyson, his speed and power would prevail. shamrock could get lucky and take down tyson to the mat and then shamrock would probably win. in my opinion all that jui jitsu ground sh!t is for people with no heart for real fighting
    UFC is real fighting and most guys competing have some traingin in Jui Jitsu, it works.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofmasters
    Why Ken Shamrock?

Greets
    Kingofmasters
    I picked ken because frank is not a heavyweight and not bas because the majority of people who do not know anything about mma know shamrock from wwe.

Mr.Magoo is offline Junior Member
    What about Tyson vs. Mirko Cro Cop. He's a bad ass K1 fighter.
    Records: Amature 40 wins 5 loss 31KO
    Pro: 20win 7 loss 13 KO

I've seen a few of his fights and this guys a mean S.O.B!

i dont really like K1 that much, i think its boring

Devil Dog74 is offline Associate Member

Wink

Prime time tyson (80's) vs Ken shamrock now hmm... Lights camera action its over KO'ed....Shamrock down before people can get back to their seats to watch the fight... sux to buy PPV.

Tyson will PWN Shamrock but i don't know about the tyson at his current state... he hasn't been fighting as much as shamrock and whoever has the edge will surely walk away. I"d put money on shamrock tyson is coming back for sure tho.

Devil Dog74

Tyson plain and simple does not have the ground skill to fight somebody like Ken........I believe people that think Tyson would win are people that also do not have any ground skill and believe they themselves are good strikers and have only fought somebody else that strikes.You fight a good grappler and all your flury of punches will not last but a few seconds until you hit that ground....then you are like a fish out of water that will just lay there and flop around while the grappler has his way with you and crushes you buy strikes or submission.......A good grappler would humble a boxer 90% of the time.....i'll be dam if a grappler is just going to sit there with his chin out so the boxer can hit him.......i'll be dam if the boxer will be able to avoid a take down or slam from the grappler......resistence would be futile!Now with all this said the best fighters are those that can do both!

One more thing.....why Tyson....why not Holyfield or Lewis....both have had there way with Tyson......at leats both would be able to keep there composure......Tyson gets mad ....I think thats why he loses every time now......his madness distracts him from the fight.........I dont think Tyson could have beat Holyfield or Lewis in his prime.......like he has really lost it......his apponents are just so much better and are not scared of him.Striker/Grappler makes the best fighters!
    Last edited by Cyto78; 07-22-2004 at 10:23 AM.

just look at tank abbot, we have discussed this so many times. shamrock would have shot from across the ring and taken him down and that is it.

cjvan is offline New Member
    I agree with most of what Cyto says but I know my way around both games pretty well and defantly the boxing stuff we disagree on. <p>
    First off Michael Spinks was a light heavy and moved to heavy wieght he was going to retire anyway, was a devistating puncher as a light heavy but had little power as a heavy.Saw a big fight, took it and there wasn't much else in the game for him, never lost a fight as Light Heavy wieght. Tyson , a clown at the moment would have killed lewis and holyfield in his prime , lewis gets knocked out by bums and no great champ has been knocked out by bums. Holyfield would have been tougher but was tyson was machine in his prime . Tyson walked through a washed up Larry Holmes and destroyed him. That same Larry Holmes wrestled around with top heavy wieghts for years after that ,which really just shows how big of bums the present heavy wieghts are. Lets add in the fact that foreman , was still putting some of the guys on the mat. Tyson lost to holyfield yes but he also was wrestling around with Bosa when he knocked him out. Tyson did not wrestle around with anyone in his prime. It's embarrasing that Roy Jones (middlewieght, fought as light heavy but basically best as a middle)could move up that far and win a championship , never been done before because the lighter guys couldn't handle the power. The problem is that with the bums out there now it was easliy done.<p>
    I also am a big fan of MMA, Shamrock would beat Tyson, over and over it is proven that you have to train as a mix martial artist to compete against the MMA guys. Bosa a legit heavy wieght knocked out in K1 recently and that's not even mixed Martial arts , the top fighters ability to get guys on the ground is unbelieveable.<p>
    I have boxed and haven't lost a street fight( been jumped a few times and suckered but no big deal, even then not knocked of my feet , just never got a chance to fight because cops or bouncers stop the fight, still knew I would kick the guys ass) since elementary so it irrates the crap out of me that these **** MMA fighters (good ones) who most likely break my **** arm.lol i have messed with a few of these guys in the gym , the lower level Jiu jitsu guys I think could be hit and knocked off their games but the instructor , who was trained in Brazil could be a nightmare. The good MMA guys are machines and will get you the ground or let you take them to the ground and then lock your **** arm, leg or neck. As a guy who has had a lot of fights , watched boxing forever and watched every Major MMA fight available, those **** MMA guys are obssessed with improving and learing every different style thats what makes them so tough.I have watched those guys, Coleman, Shamrock (both frank too) , Gracies and not to mention the new guys who are pretty much nuts. They fight a controlled 20 minute brawl depending what format), the whole thing is bruttal , saddly i love it.lol<p> No sport is more bruttal and I love the fact that 95% of the time , the fighters leave totally respecting each other. Does someone know what the hell is going on in brazil, these **** guys are like fighting machines.lol
    Last edited by cjvan; 07-22-2004 at 12:14 PM.

you guys forget, Tyson is a born and raised fighting machine

you gotta remember, this guy grew up on the street, not some tryhard gym, tyson in his prime had the speed of vitor belford and the power of bob sapp

a ken /tyson fight would be good because of the age fairness, I believe firmly though, if ken couldn't take out tito, he wouldn't take mike

sp9
    Quote Originally Posted by GQ-Bouncer
    you guys forget, Tyson is a born and raised fighting machine

you gotta remember, this guy grew up on the street, not some tryhard gym, tyson in his prime had the speed of vitor belford and the power of bob sapp

a ken /tyson fight would be good because of the age fairness, I believe firmly though, if ken couldn't take out tito, he wouldn't take mike

I think Ken had some problems against tito for other reasons one of them being weight, other injury. Tito still refuses to fight ken at 230-240 and tells ken he has to come down to 205-208 to fight him. Ken has asked him to put on the weight and he just refuses. Ken has said he will do whatever it takes to get back in the ring with tito again.

I agree that tyson is an animal, he actually would beat up old people to steal from them when he was a kid. I just do not think that tyson would follow the rules in a UFC fight, he would push it too far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mike Tyson vs. Ken Shamrock-sham_tito.jpg  

Devil Dog74 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cjvan
    I agree with most of what Cyto says but I know my way around both games pretty well and defantly the boxing stuff we disagree on. <p>
    First off Michael Spinks was a light heavy and moved to heavy wieght he was going to retire anyway, was a devistating puncher as a light heavy but had little power as a heavy.Saw a big fight, took it and there wasn't much else in the game for him, never lost a fight as Light Heavy wieght. Tyson , a clown at the moment would have killed lewis and holyfield in his prime , lewis gets knocked out by bums and no great champ has been knocked out by bums. Holyfield would have been tougher but was tyson was machine in his prime . Tyson walked through a washed up Larry Holmes and destroyed him. That same Larry Holmes wrestled around with top heavy wieghts for years after that ,which really just shows how big of bums the present heavy wieghts are. Lets add in the fact that foreman , was still putting some of the guys on the mat. Tyson lost to holyfield yes but he also was wrestling around with Bosa when he knocked him out. Tyson did not wrestle around with anyone in his prime. It's embarrasing that Roy Jones (middlewieght, fought as light heavy but basically best as a middle)could move up that far and win a championship , never been done before because the lighter guys couldn't handle the power. The problem is that with the bums out there now it was easliy done.<p>
    I also am a big fan of MMA, Shamrock would beat Tyson, over and over it is proven that you have to train as a mix martial artist to compete against the MMA guys. Bosa a legit heavy wieght knocked out in K1 recently and that's not even mixed Martial arts , the top fighters ability to get guys on the ground is unbelieveable.<p>
    I have boxed and haven't lost a street fight( been jumped a few times and suckered but no big deal, even then not knocked of my feet , just never got a chance to fight because cops or bouncers stop the fight, still knew I would kick the guys ass) since elementary so it irrates the crap out of me that these **** MMA fighters (good ones) who most likely break my **** arm.lol i have messed with a few of these guys in the gym , the lower level Jiu jitsu guys I think could be hit and knocked off their games but the instructor , who was trained in Brazil could be a nightmare. The good MMA guys are machines and will get you the ground or let you take them to the ground and then lock your **** arm, leg or neck. As a guy who has had a lot of fights , watched boxing forever and watched every Major MMA fight available, those **** MMA guys are obssessed with improving and learing every different style thats what makes them so tough.I have watched those guys, Coleman, Shamrock (both frank too) , Gracies and not to mention the new guys who are pretty much nuts. They fight a controlled 20 minute brawl depending what format), the whole thing is bruttal , saddly i love it.lol<p> No sport is more bruttal and I love the fact that 95% of the time , the fighters leave totally respecting each other. Does someone know what the hell is going on in brazil, these **** guys are like fighting machines.lol
    Amen Brotha

Rsox1 is offline Associate Member
    they are both way way way over the hill, but mike was really quick back then and
    i am pretty confident he could avoid being taken down until he punched shamrock out, I alwyas looked at it this way, the money is in boxing, so if these guys in mma are so good at their disciplines and fighting why don't they work on boxing and try to make some decent $$$$$$$, and also if a fat bastard like Tank Abbot who was just a puncher could do allright I think a trained puncher like Mike could hold his own

That fat bastard you are talking about has more power in one of his arms then most people have in their whole body.......I think the only way Tyson could avoid being taken down is to run....which he would not do...this is why he would end up on the ground.I dont think it is just about the money for MMA fighters...I think they want to prove they are the baddest fighters on the planet.......Most boxers believe they are the baddest fighters on the planet therefor I believe it should be the boxer who should step in to the no holds arenas.....that is a real fight.......Although it is exciting to watch two strikers go at it.......

cjvan is offline New Member
    Defenatly cyto , the strange thing about top MMa fighters is there obsession to be the best that includes their training, which includes everything. Money defenatly isn't there number 1 atraction to the sport.
    The take downs are crazy , it's not like boxers land every punch they throw miss a punch against good MMA fighter and you will be on your back for the first time of your life. Great fighters become very average if they don't know how to fight from there back.

sp9
    Well Tyson fights next week, I think in Kentucky. We will see what he has left in him.

Cyto - your competley wrong, on pretty well EVERYTHING you said

yeah, athletes have an attitude - and why not? the people around them coaches, press, friends just hype them up ALL the time, of course there gonna have attitudes

Boxing training is MUCH harder than MMA training, as admitted by tito ortiz himself, your forgetting, both these men are skilled, it's all about desire - and i'd like to believe tyson would win

sp9
    Boxing training is MUCH harder than MMA training, as admitted by tito ortiz himself,
    I don't get this? Boxers have such short rounds when compared to, what is it, 10 minute first round in Pride? Used to be 15 minutes for a first round. Training for striking is training for striking, I would think kickboxing is more demanding than just using your hands. Ever see someone like Mark Coleman or Mark Kerr workout?

How about that documentary on HBO with Mark Kerr, looked to me like Bas Rutten trained him pretty hard?

Pride Rounds: Fights are 3 rounds formats. The first round is ten (10) minutes, the second round is five (5) minutes and the third round is five (5) minutes. There are no extra rounds. The interval between each round shall be two (2) minutes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mike Tyson vs. Ken Shamrock-kerr2.jpg   Mike Tyson vs. Ken Shamrock-kerr_3.jpg   Mike Tyson vs. Ken Shamrock-kerr4.jpg  
    Last edited by scottp999; 07-23-2004 at 08:24 AM.

Cyto - your competley wrong, on pretty well EVERYTHING you said

yeah, athletes have an attitude - and why not? the people around them coaches, press, friends just hype them up ALL the time, of course there gonna have attitudes

Boxing training is MUCH harder than MMA training, as admitted by tito ortiz himself, your forgetting, both these men are skilled, it's all about desire - and i'd like to believe tyson would win

Hey your entitled to your opinion......glad to here you are a Tyson fan.......he was one of the greats......as far as boxing training being MUCH harder than MMA training I think I will have to disagree with you on that one........a boxer may be conditioned for boxing but I guarantee if he was to find himself in a grappling match he would get gased out fairly quick........grappling is probably one of the most physically demanding sports in the world........the training envolved to get to that level of conditioning to be able to grapple for long periods of time is second to none.........and no I am not forgetting that both these men are skilled...I know Tyson was a beast is a beast but it would take alot of crosstraning for Tyson to step into the MMA world.......

dynamike is offline Associate Member
    props to Scott b there for puttin up two of the greats in MMA...Kerr...and of course...BAS!!!!!....

Grappler_Mike is offline New Member
    For the people saying Tyson would win because he was a street fighter,lol.
    Im sure a professional boxer had such a tough time taking out some unskilled street thugs lol.

The fact is,theres people who dont compete(arent famous) and train in MMA who would destroy tyson in a fight.Bring in a proffesional MMA fighter and it isnt even a contest,Tyson as is would be a tomato can in a MMA fight.No offense to the Tyson fans.

MMA is not Tysons game period.Its like saying Tiger Woods can hit more home runs then anyone in baseball because hes the best golfer.

People have no clue how effective grappling is till they themselves have been subbed.Im telling you its a wake up call bigtime.

Also remember boxing gloves/MMA gloves arent there to protect the person being punched.They are there to protect the fighters hands.
    Last edited by Grappler_Mike; 07-23-2004 at 01:50 PM.

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grappler_Mike
    For the people saying Tyson would win because he was a street fighter,lol.
    Im sure a professional boxer had such a tough time taking out some unskilled street thugs lol.

The fact is,theres people who dont compete(arent famous) and train in MMA who would destroy tyson in a fight.Bring in a proffesional MMA fighter and it isnt even a contest,Tyson as is would be a tomato can in a MMA fight.No offense to the Tyson fans.

MMA is not Tysons game period.Its like saying Tiger Woods can hit more home runs then anyone in baseball because hes the best golfer.

People have no clue how effective grappling is till they themselves have been subbed.Im telling you its a wake up call bigtime.

Also remember boxing gloves/MMA gloves arent there to protect the person being punched.They are there to protect the fighters hands.
    Thats true, but you have to see the flip side. If Tyson could learn how to block Shamrocks kicks, how do u suppose shamrock would win? If he tries to rush in and take down tyson, anyone that has ever boxed or is a boxing fan will tell you that tyson threw an amazing and accurate uppercut, and could time his punches perfectly. I think it would be a toss up, if they fought 10 times I dont think either would win more than 6.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information