Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    ^^just like you take issue with misinformation being dissimentated about MMA because you are a fighter, I take issue with the same dissimenation of misinformation because I'm a former football player (including 4yrs at the level in question). That's what I was pointing out.

With that being said, Brock does have tremendous potential. There's no denying that. But his athleticism, size, and strength is on par IMO with the advantage Melvin Guillard has at 155 and with what Randleman (minus the size) had early in his career. We all know in MMA, athleticism, size, and power doesn't always translate into greatness.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    ^^just like you take issue with misinformation being dissimentated about MMA because you are a fighter, I take issue with the same dissimenation of misinformation because I'm a former football player (including 4yrs at the level in question). That's what I was pointing out.

With that being said, Brock does have tremendous potential. There's no denying that. But his athleticism, size, and strength is on par IMO with the advantage Melvin Guillard has at 155 and with what Randleman (minus the size) had early in his career. We all know in MMA, athleticism, size, and power doesn't always translate into greatness.
    To each their own, and I respect that.

btw, who did you play for? Thats pretty cool

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Gonzaga, Werdum and Nog would probably have no problems with Lesnar. He is their Kriptonite.

Gonzoga I think would tear him apart. He's not as big, but he beats him in all areas. He's a much harder striker, can encompass kicks into it, his BJJ > Lesnars wrestling.

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    Randy is so not ready to fight Fedor.

Mmmm guess i cant wait to see Lesnar VS nog that will be interesting for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx View Post
    To each their own, and I respect that.

btw, who did you play for? Thats pretty cool
    2yrs each riding the pine, special teams and the practice squad for the Raiders and Cardinals. LoL!

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg View Post
    Gonzaga, Werdum and Nog would probably have no problems with Lesnar. He is their Kriptonite.

Gonzoga I think would tear him apart. He's not as big, but he beats him in all areas. He's a much harder striker, can encompass kicks into it, his BJJ > Lesnars wrestling.
    thats the one Im waiting for. I dont care if it is for a belt. I really like Gonzaga and I would like to see how Lesnar reacts to a combination culminating with a high kick. I guess Im a bit off topic

either way, next fight will expose his true ability to be in MMA

Chode Logan is offline AR's Ravishing Maestro of Anabolic Tastyness
    All of you people saying Brock didn't deserve a shot at the title so soon...while I agree with you slightly, it's completely absurd to state that because..........

"LAS VEGAS, November 15 – The first man in UFC history to win the heavyweight championship in his fourth fight was Randy Couture. Tonight, at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, Couture was forced to make room in the history books for the second man to achieve the monumental feat – Brock Lesnar, who stopped Couture in the second round to take the belt and begin a new era in the UFC heavyweight division."

RANDY COUTOURE WAS GIVEN A TITLE SHOT HIS FOURTH FIGHT TOO, and now he's a legend. So please, do not even bring that up.

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    God Lesnar is a douche but he is so powerful. His stand up is far from graceful but straight hard punches are a lot to deal with from someone that size. I was honestly very surprised that he was able to be so successful and hold his own if not win the battle while they were clinched. I obviously still give the edge to Nog, assuming he prison rapes Mir as he should, but I see this fight being much better than previously thought.

Gonzaga was exposed in the Werdum and Couture fight. The kid is tough but I do not believe he can beat the "best". Yes, I am sure that I will catch shit for saying this but Brock is now on that list. Nog can hang with if not beat him, same for Fedor, and Barnett but after that I think there is a large gap. AA is talented but would get smothered, Nelson and Rothwell would get pounded out. I think Carwin vs. Lesnar would be very interesting though.

Blog Entries
    2yrs each riding the pine, special teams and the practice squad for the Raiders and Cardinals. LoL!
    haha riding the pine.

thats still pretty cool though. Just to be part of...maybe..lol was it?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chode Logan View Post
    All of you people saying Brock didn't deserve a shot at the title so soon...while I agree with you slightly, it's completely absurd to state that because..........

"LAS VEGAS, November 15 – The first man in UFC history to win the heavyweight championship in his fourth fight was Randy Couture. Tonight, at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, Couture was forced to make room in the history books for the second man to achieve the monumental feat – Brock Lesnar, who stopped Couture in the second round to take the belt and begin a new era in the UFC heavyweight division."

RANDY COUTOURE WAS GIVEN A TITLE SHOT HIS FOURTH FIGHT TOO, and now he's a legend. So please, do not even bring that up.

Good point...

stpete is offline Banned
    Randy did good if you ask me. He didn't seem to care about Lesnar's size and seemed comfortable locking up with him. I'm just wondering why Lesnar didn't try to take it to the ground? If you weigh 45lbs more than your opponent(at least), the ground game should be yours if you any game at all on the ground.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    i freaking love it. brock is a great guy and puts 110% into everything he does and there wasnt a doubr in my mind he would not win. the scary thing is that brock isnt even close to the top of his game yet so just imagine how good he is going to be in another 2 years.
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

stpete is offline Banned
    Good point...
    It's all about money fellas. And how many years ago was that? Randy got that shot cause the compitition was far less than it is today. Didn't Mir already beat Lesnar? Yes he did. Lesnar will probably lose his first title bout. I like the guy, but he's just one small step above that guy that fought people in their backyards and bbq's. I forget his name now. Oh yea...Kimbo. Everyone thought he was an mma fighter too. Now he's unemployed.

bRKBEATz is offline Junior Member
    I enjoyed the fight and I really didn't care who won. Of course I love Couture for what he has accomplished and his great attitude, but I have also been very intrigued with Brock ever since he started training MMA. It was a pretty good fight, and based on Brock's condition at the end of the first round, I think he would have gassed in the 3rd or 4th if Randy could have lasted.

Anyway, Brock handled himself well after winning. A lot of people are too quick to hate the guy because of how he acted after he beat Herring, but you need to remember that the guy was a professional wrestler for a long time and is probably used to acting like that. I'm sure the WWE is somewhat ingrained in him after doing it for so long, but this time he won with more dignity.

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    has any1 thought that couture maybe planned it to be that way? i mean hes 45 y/o and that might have been his last fight... yall say that lesnar has serious potential and maybe couture figured better to fight him now when he's younger andhealthier than wait3-4 defend ur title fights? then fight him? that'd be dumb on his part.... lesnar is a beast... thats all u can say about him... sure he has his weaknessess as couture showed (boxing, distance fight) he got 1 shot in, barely hit him but since hes a beast he nicked him just right with enuff force to stun him and then he pounced on him... did u all see couture after the fight? he wasnt worn down, he looked like he just messed up techinally... not truely 'beaten' he had more to give... good job by lesnar by ending it quick tho, cause he has yet to be in a war, so we dont know how his endurance is in later rounds....

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    I'm a HUGE Raiders fan!!!!!!!!

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    Brock dominated the Big Ten collegiate wrestling

Its not like he doesn't know shit or anything...
    So every heavyweight NCAA wrestling champion should get a title shot after a 2-1 record in MMA?

PT
    you guys are nuts, brock has only trained mma for 3 years and has already beat one of the best that you all thought would pound on him. brock is strong as hell and alot faster then anyone even close to his size. he is nowere close to the top of his game and i gurentee he only gets better and beats every top fighter one after another. of course he will hit a bump here and there but in 5 years from now he will be known as the best
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion

goose is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PT View Post
    i freaking love it. brock is a great guy and puts 110% into everything he does and there wasnt a doubr in my mind he would not win. the scary thing is that brock isnt even close to the top of his game yet so just imagine how good he is going to be in another 2 years.
    Just look at how hard he trains

http://www.mmatko.com/brock-lesnar-u...-access-video/

DeputyLoneWolf is offline Associate Member
    Let me say that Brock is a beast of an athlete but lets keep the facts straight...1st he worked out as a defensive lineman for the Vikings, not a tight end. 2nd from coaches and player reports, Brock was a terrible football player. The kept him throughout training camp to see if they can capitalize on his athleticism and notoriety. Unfortunately his tremendous lack of football skill kept him out of the NFL. Lets keep it real before we label this guy the greatest athlete of all time.

I think its a sad day for MMA. No matter how good the kid is, no fighter deserves a title shot after only 3 fights! NOBODY!!!!
    I bet money that if you were in his shoes YOU'd take a title fight after only three others. C'mon man!

g0dsend is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post
    Thanks for the video, the guys a beast.

I'm really glad Lesnar won the title, he seems like a great guy and has a thirst for blood.

DeputyLoneWolf is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stpete View Post
    Randy did good if you ask me. He didn't seem to care about Lesnar's size and seemed comfortable locking up with him. I'm just wondering why Lesnar didn't try to take it to the ground? If you weigh 45lbs more than your opponent(at least), the ground game should be yours if you any game at all on the ground.

The reason Lesnar didn't want to go to the ground was Couture's superior jiu jitsu game. Even though Lesnar is a great wrestler he could have been easily submitted like in his fight with Mir.

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    ^^^ Just for the record, Randy has shitty BJJ. Hes only submitted 2 guys in his whole career, one in his first fight ever, and the other against Mike Van Arsdale. Come on now!

Of the 9 fights he's lost, 5 of them hes been dominated by guys with good sub games.

I think they both lacked in BJJ, and Lesnar, while not the better wrestler, is bigger and stronger with a world of talent on the ground.

I think i made most of the calls for the card.

The only one i missed was Joe vs. KenFlo.

I was shocked the way Kenny beat him. I dont think Joe had one offensive move the entire fight!

btw, Murilo, wtf?

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...ighlight=horse

Hahaha! Thats some funny shit!

southmadejd is offline Member
    Was anybody else impressed with Matt Brown.....how he took the fight on late notice and kept his composure during the fight when it looked as though he might lose.

I just thought he looked really good out there.

^^^ That fight was the WORST display of BJJ ive seen in a long time.

Both looked very unimpressive IMO.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by war4BTT View Post
    ^^^ That fight was the WORST display of BJJ ive seen in a long time.

Both looked very unimpressive IMO.

I was actually impressed with Brown, he IS learning..that is what is important. His BJJ was not even as good as it is now when he was on TUF. Give him some time.
    ***No source checks!!!***

haha riding the pine.

thats still pretty cool though. Just to be part of...maybe..lol was it?
    banged a lot of whores, partied a lot, made a lil money, and made some lasting friends! Definitely good times!

I find it funny how people are still bagging on Brock. The guy is an asshole but so are a lot of other people who are tough as hell. He beat Randy ****ing Couture. Its not like he got one punched (jabbed) by Seth Petruzelli. Come on guys.

PT
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Ninja View Post
    I find it funny how people are still bagging on Brock. The guy is an asshole but so are a lot of other people who are tough as hell. He beat Randy ****ing Couture. Its not like he got one punched (jabbed) by Seth Petruzelli. Come on guys.

yes he did beat randy who was at the top so who would you like him to beat next? brock is the best whether you like him or not and like i said before, he has only tapped into 60% of his potential. i love how everyone is a hater now that he won.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Lesnar is awesome I saw this coming. He is not just another NCAA wrestling champ he is a genetic freak. Also the whole thing about getting a title shot so fast is stupid. Who cares he won didnt he? Also he is marketable, ufc is a business and they need to make money and Lesnar is money in the bank. It was a smart decision to put Brock in there with the champ that fast. Think about how many new fans will start to watch UFC now that the former WWE star is the champ. Dana white is brilliant if you ask me.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"

we all tend to forget what this is all about. Call it MMA, boxing, Wrestling etc... it is all BUSINESS, and this dictates who "deserves" a title shot. True, Randy will put asses in the seats no matter who he fights, but having Lesnar on the other side of the ring definately did nothing but amazing things for ratings.

Tambit24 is offline Member
    is it true that after the mir/nog fight, they are gonna unify the belts?

Yes.

The winner of Mir/Nog (it will be Nog obviously.) will fight Brock for the undisputed UFC HW Championship.

Mir is such a turd. After he loses to Nog I bet he will go back to being a bouncer at a titty bar full time. But then again he is a better athlete than nog....

meathead320 is offline Member
    Well, this being a real fight, against one of the best on earth, and Brock packing his head like meat, well its money for MMA. Thats it.

Brock may be a jerk, and have a WWE heel's mouth, and that makes people not like him.

That is actually a GOOD thing for the UFC.

I say that because of how many people will pay to see Brock get beat. The more they hate him, the more they will pay to see him lose.

Brock knows this, from where he is comming from. If they promote him as an undeserving jerk, who muscled his way to victory, then that just adds to the amount of money they get to collect every time he time he fights from here out.

Tambit24 is offline Member
    Brock will beat nog by arm bar in the 1st.... Just my prediction.

Brock cannot spell Arm Bar let alone perform one.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information