Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: CARB UP, FAT LOAD, WATER all explained and planned out for you

anabolicwannabe is offline Associate Member
    props to mike.

drinu is offline Junior Member
    Hi mike ,
    i would like to ask you a few questions if you dont mind as last year i did swoles 7 days to leaness with great success and i am thinking of trying your method but the 2 methods are completely different ,
    what do you suggest 3 weeks before this phase,training and food wise ,should i do a low carb diet with high protein and high fats ? and what about cardio and training low intensity or high intensity with short duration?
    now how come you say in the last days to eat some fats with protein and carbs , i taught the 3 should not be taken together, and water consumption why should you drink all that amount till the last day when others tell you to just drink sips ,whats the reason behind it , i tell you i prefer it as it is really hard to dont drink water as i am a person that drinks 2 gallons a day,
    and lastly is dandellion ok to take as a diuretic ?
    thanks again
    below find a pic of how i came with the 7 days to leaness
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CARB UP, FAT LOAD, WATER all explained and planned out for you-scan0044.jpg  

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I keep my diet the same all the way to the carb up, i do not belive in decarbing as it can drain you and make you look flat even after the carb up, as for training i train like every other day uptill 1 week out, the cardio is kept the same until 1 week out as well. The fats are use to slow down the digestion, also while you diet your body gets used to using fat for energy and as your body fat gets lower you have less and less fat to use for energy, so replacing it with dietary fat will improve the carb up process...Saturday morning fat load is so extreme to achive extreme results...just imagine how full, hard and vascular you were 1 day after your last show, with one meal like that you limit the possiblity of spill over...as for water gradual reduction does not work in an optimal way...as you reduce your water intake your body produces a hormone Aldesterone, it makes you hold water so unless you are using prescription diuretics to prevent this from happening, you are asking for trouble...drinking water upto 18 hours before the show, will optimize the diuresis and water loss...dendilion root is ok, but it take a while for it to work so i would start it by thursday at around 1000mg per dose and use it twice a day...if you want to go the herbal way, why not look into a Taraxatone or water shed, they have mix of ingredients that will maximaze the effects...i hope that helps you out Bro.
    XXL

diesel21 is offline Member
    i like this info, i actually followed most of it last time and it worked well.. i'm going to follow it to the T for aug 6th shoot..

as far as the taraxatone, when should i start it? a day, two days before, and how much of it,
    thanx for all this valuable info

Pitbull is offline Junior Member

Some help please Mike

How would you use insulin the week before and the day of the show ?

you told me that your training keeps the same till 1 week out do you mean heavy ? and cardio do you do in the morning 75 - 85 % max heart rate.
    post workout i always take 50 gr whey protein and for carbs i take 25 gr oats as i dont like to use alot of dextrose what do you think about it ?
    for carbing up whats the better choice oats cooked in water or white potatoes ?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by diesel21
    i like this info, i actually followed most of it last time and it worked well.. i'm going to follow it to the T for aug 6th shoot..

as far as the taraxatone, when should i start it? a day, two days before, and how much of it,
    thanx for all this valuable info
    Any type of diuretic will make it more difficult to carb up, once your body starts excreeting Sodium, it is more difficult to carb up...sodium is neccessary for proper carb absorption, so i would say start it Thursday morning, or mod day...and you are welcome...XXL

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull
    How would you use insulin the week before and the day of the show ?
    The only time i would use slin is around 2-3 hours before you going on stage for pre-judging...but in all honest i think i would leave it out and NOT use it at all...for some it will make you hold water, the benifit is not worth the risk, the risk outweight any good...XXL

Quote Originally Posted by drinu
    you told me that your training keeps the same till 1 week out do you mean heavy ? and cardio do you do in the morning 75 - 85 % max heart rate.
    post workout i always take 50 gr whey protein and for carbs i take 25 gr oats as i dont like to use alot of dextrose what do you think about it ?
    for carbing up whats the better choice oats cooked in water or white potatoes ?
    thanks
    I train the same intanse way all year round, so yes heavy untill last week...cardio i aim at around 70-75% MHR...oats post training are ok, safer then dextrose...for carbing up i would use dry oats, which are better then both option, i would say cooked oats and potatoes are about the same, i have use potatoes with good success in the past, make sure you bake them as it reduces the glycimic index of potatoe and makes it more carb up friendly...good luck...XXL

More questions mike if you can answer please :-
    the week before the last 6 days how many carbs do you take a day do you lower them so by monday you will be carb depleted?
    from monday on you mean that you start eating oats chicken and meat because you did the breakdown like 450 gr carbs from wednesday shall monday and tuesday be the same ?
    monday and tuesday what do you eat post workout as monday there is nothing and tuesday you mention just carbs ( rice cakes and then oats you mean no Protein in those 3 meals , and last if the day of the show is at 6 p.m do you fat load still as you wake up in the morning and then eat 3 other meals containing oats or potatoes with chicken and meat or peanut butter with no water at all ?? i hope sugar free gum are o.k. for that day
    sorry for the long post but the better you know the better you can do it as it seems very easy in front of the other depletion diets

Thanks again bro

[QUOTE=saboudian]
    3)I'm also curious how far out you cut out supplements, like multi-vitamins, whey protein shakes, etc.
    QUOTE]

Just want to clerify something, the creatine i have used in the past was called Purple-K it is a PH balanced Kre-Alkalyn creatine which holds very minimum to NO water as it is 100% stable and absorbed there is no creatinine convertion so NO water bloat...I used it all the way to friday before the show...XXL

Pitbull is offline Junior Member
    Thanx a lot Mike for sharing your knowlegde and experience

More questions mike if you can answer please :-
    the week before the last 6 days how many carbs do you take a day do you lower them so by monday you will be carb depleted?
    from monday on you mean that you start eating oats chicken and meat because you did the breakdown like 450 gr carbs from wednesday shall monday and tuesday be the same ?
    monday and tuesday what do you eat post workout as monday there is nothing and tuesday you mention just carbs ( rice cakes and then oats you mean no Protein in those 3 meals , and last if the day of the show is at 6 p.m do you fat load still as you wake up in the morning and then eat 3 other meals containing oats or potatoes with chicken and meat or peanut butter with no water at all ?? i hope sugar free gum are o.k. for that day
    sorry for the long post but the better you know the better you can do it as it seems very easy in front of the other depletion diets

Thanks again bro
    No i do not carb deplete, everyone that has dieted for extended time 8-12weeks is already carb depleted, so there is no carb depletion needed...if you over deplete you will never carb up in time...if you are very depleted i would start the carb up on monday or tuesday morning, but if you are not overly depleted i would start it as i sudgested in the first place...monday after traing would be just a regural meal like you would have any other day after training...yes there should be protein in those meal...around 30 gm each time...if the prejudgin is at 6:00pm i would fat load around 12:00pm (lunch) and have earlier meals with oats, chiken, steak or PB...gum will be ok....good luck...XXL

Thanks again mike

well if sodium is essential for carbing up, then wouldn't sodium loading make sense? i know you mentioned it was something related to not reacting well to sodium loading or the likes of it, but is there any safe way to do it? with maybe a small amount of sodium?

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL
    No i do not carb deplete, everyone that has dieted for extended time 8-12weeks is already carb depleted, so there is no carb depletion needed...if you over deplete you will never carb up in time...if you are very depleted i would start the carb up on monday or tuesday morning, but if you are not overly depleted i would start it as i sudgested in the first place...monday after traing would be just a regural meal like you would have any other day after training...yes there should be protein in those meal...around 30 gm each time...if the prejudgin is at 6:00pm i would fat load around 12:00pm (lunch) and have earlier meals with oats, chiken, steak or PB...gum will be ok....good luck...XXL
    here you mentioned to fatload 6 hours before the show, where for mine you told me to fat load at 6am if my show was at 10am (four hours). so just wondering, would it be preferable if i did it at 4 am? i really wouldn't mind waking up at 4am to eat if it's preferable but i'm wondering if it'd be okay for me to sleep after the meal because 4am really is pretty early.

Quote Originally Posted by anabolicwannabe
    well if sodium is essential for carbing up, then wouldn't sodium loading make sense? i know you mentioned it was something related to not reacting well to sodium loading or the likes of it, but is there any safe way to do it? with maybe a small amount of sodium?
    Yes the safe way to do it to change nothing, there will always be sodium in your diet, if you do NOT cut it there will be enough there to help with carb up...i think sodium loading is risky and i do not like playing with any of the electrolytes...so don't cut and you will be fine...XXL

here you mentioned to fatload 6 hours before the show, where for mine you told me to fat load at 6am if my show was at 10am (four hours). so just wondering, would it be preferable if i did it at 4 am? i really wouldn't mind waking up at 4am to eat if it's preferable but i'm wondering if it'd be okay for me to sleep after the meal because 4am really is pretty early.
    I told you 6:00am because i did not want you to be waking up at 4:00am...however if you would like to get up at 4:00am to eat that's fine, and yes i do not see a reason you couldn't go back to sleep, so eat and back to highty-nights...XXL

alright thanks a lot !

don't hate me, but another ?, so its ok for me to use salt on my patotoes n chicken while i carb up starting thurs, and i'll start taraxatone fri?

(i'll be landscaping everyday except sat, i have no choice, if that matters)
    thanx again bro

Quote Originally Posted by diesel21
    don't hate me, but another ?, so its ok for me to use salt on my patotoes n chicken while i carb up starting thurs, and i'll start taraxatone fri?

(i'll be landscaping everyday except sat, i have no choice, if that matters)
    thanx again bro
    Do you usually use salt on your potatoe and chicken? If yes and that's how your whole diet went, then it's fine, cut it out on Friday...if youdid not use salt on your food while dieting i would not change it by adding salt...hope that helps...XXL

hey mike, why don't ya sticky this. tons of good info and can prevent people from pming you without missing this thread if it's sticky-ed. then probably in the future you can update it when you have new techniques regarded contest prep.

you recommend raw oats for the best choice of carb source its good as long as there is water in it ( he he) but i dont think i can manage to swallow them the day that i cant drink any water , can i change for that day only to white potatoes ?

def sticky this

you recommend raw oats for the best choice of carb source its good as long as there is water in it ( he he) but i dont think i can manage to swallow them the day that i cant drink any water , can i change for that day only to white potatoes ?
    If you had potatoes in your diet then yes...i do not like to introduce new foods to carb up that you did not use through your diet...i eat oatmeal a lot while dieting that's why i pick that, and it's not that bad dry, it was acctually a lot better then i would have thought...
    XXL

I will stick it

what are the drawbacks of carbing up with a carb source that was non existent in your diet leading up to a show?

what are the drawbacks of carbing up with a carb source that was non existent in your diet leading up to a show?
    There might be a reaction to the food, and you might hold some water...it's not 100% but i preffer not to take that chance...XXL

continueing about the taraxatone you said to start 2 days before shall one keep taking it to the last day until we carb/fat load ?
    for the carb and fat load is it ok to carb /fat load on food , like roasted mixed nuts or peanut butter with maybe some sugar cereal and raisens ?

continueing about the taraxatone you said to start 2 days before shall one keep taking it to the last day until we carb/fat load ?
    for the carb and fat load is it ok to carb /fat load on food , like roasted mixed nuts or peanut butter with maybe some sugar cereal and raisens ?
    Yes i would continue Taraxatone on Saturday morning, which could be last does...as for Carb/Fat load yes you could use regural foods, but i believe JUNK will work better it's more calorie dense...XXL

Ohh and i do not really like peanuts or peanutbutter a lot of people have peanut allerigies and even slight alergy that would never be noticed before will be noticed come show day and you will hold water and won't be able to shake it off...XXL

can instant oatmeals be used over rolled oatmeal?

oh yeah i read that potatoes are high GI carbs, why are they useful for carbing up? or are you only referring to sweet potatoes when you state potatoes?
    Last edited by anabolicwannabe; 08-07-2005 at 09:19 AM.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    I just came in here to ask a bunch of questions...and they're all here on page two...and all answered.

Great Job again Mike

Hi mike some more questions if you dont mind
    1. for the last week is coffee allowed as at the moment i take about 3 espresso with ephedrine i still drink 2 gallons of water but
    2. is it ok to mix the raw oats with some cold water exept for the last day (that should be without water)
    3. you said to fat carb load 6 hours before the show , so in the next 6 hours you take definately nothing or you can just eat another meal of oats,chicken and meat or its best to eat nothing ?
    4. regarding the fat carb load any food will do or is it better to choose some kind over other ( example is it ok to eat food that contain alot of sodium or trans fats or it doesent make any difference ) as i was going with sausages ,burgers , nuts and maybe 2 chocolate bars , maybe we are talking about a 1500 calories in just 1 sitting , is there a limit of calories to eat ?

thanks again for your help

Rebelgrl is offline Female Member
    Hello Mike! I am new here and I got some questions too. What if the prejuding is Saturday afternoon and finals Sunday afternoon?
    When should I cut the water? 18 hours prior to prejudging and keep it like this till Sunday evening?
    When should I have the high pretein/carbs/fat meal? 4-6 hours before prejudging? Will this affect in any way the conditioning for Sunday evening?
    Thank you in advance!
    Cheers!

Hi mike some more questions if you dont mind
    1. for the last week is coffee allowed as at the moment i take about 3 espresso with ephedrine i still drink 2 gallons of water but
    2. is it ok to mix the raw oats with some cold water exept for the last day (that should be without water)
    3. you said to fat carb load 6 hours before the show , so in the next 6 hours you take definately nothing or you can just eat another meal of oats,chicken and meat or its best to eat nothing ?
    4. regarding the fat carb load any food will do or is it better to choose some kind over other ( example is it ok to eat food that contain alot of sodium or trans fats or it doesent make any difference ) as i was going with sausages ,burgers , nuts and maybe 2 chocolate bars , maybe we are talking about a 1500 calories in just 1 sitting , is there a limit of calories to eat ?

thanks again for your help
    1.) Yes coffee should be fine but no sugar or cream...or yo ucan replace it with coffein pills
    2.) yes you could mix it with cold water, i however do it without water, keep in mind it's only a few days not the rest of your life.
    3.) If you are hungry after your fat/carb load meal you can have something, chicken & oats, or you can have another donut
    4.) Foods high in sodium are fine and really any choice is ok, i would just shy away from dairy, so 1500cal should be fine, i usually take in around 2000-3000cal in that meal, it's not that hard as all food choices are very calorie dense.
    Good luck...XXL

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelgrl
    Hello Mike! I am new here and I got some questions too. What if the prejuding is Saturday afternoon and finals Sunday afternoon?
    When should I cut the water? 18 hours prior to prejudging and keep it like this till Sunday evening?
    When should I have the high pretein/carbs/fat meal? 4-6 hours before prejudging? Will this affect in any way the conditioning for Sunday evening?
    Thank you in advance!
    Cheers!
    Wel most of the judging is done in at the prejudging so i would try to peak for that, however you still want to maintain condition for sunday so what i would do...i would cut the water at 18 hours before prejudging, after i would sip until sunday, basicly if you go pee have a few sips after, stop sipping around 8 hours before sundays show...i would have fat/carb loading meal 6-8 hours before prejudging, it might effect your condition a bit for suday, but if you don't drink much water and take diuretics on suday morning you should be fine, also i would throw another small carb/fat load meal around 4-6 hours before sundays show...good luck...XXL

Thank you Mike!
    I guess I have to run dandelion root for more days in a raw, cannot afford diuretics since the contest is tested.

regarding oats you mean it makes a difference if we consume them with water or not as in these days we are still drinking 2 gallons of water a day , should we space drinking water from food intake ?
    yes thats really good to eat 2000 cal from junk ,its true if you work it out its just about 2 dognuts , maybe 2 chocolate bars and 3 burgers and you are there in the 2000 calories range , thats going to be a big sin for me as i did not eat any sugary stuff for the last 10 months

Hey Mike, I still have some issues that I would like your opinion on, if you don't mind.
    So: female bodybuilder, I will be around 146 lbs in contest shape at 5'7''. So far I have tried the classical pre-contest manipulation of salt/water/ carbs but I have always been too soft and never managed to achive the crisp dry look.
    This time I will definatelly change this. I am 6 weeks out now. I plan to get only 100 grams of oatmeal a day 4 weeks before and rest of it from veggies. So I will be pretty depleted and won't need the 3 days workout depletion that usually got me walking in my 4 paws after finishing.

I was thinking that, because I won't have any juice support and because I am also a woman I should make the carbing up phase shorter, start carbing up Thursday mid day. What do you think? I am really afraid of not spilling over again, it seems that starting from Tuesday with carb up did this to me.
    Also, how many grams of carbs you think I should take daily?
    Sorry to bother you again, but I am trying to find the best way for me and any advice would be welcome.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelgrl
    Thank you Mike!
    I guess I have to run dandelion root for more days in a raw, cannot afford diuretics since the contest is tested.
    I would sudgest tursday, firday & saturday...XXL

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information